Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,312 members, 7,815,567 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? (28564 Views)

Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? / 50k Job In Sango Otta / Nobody Really Cares, So Hide That Certificate And Just Survive Anyhow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by ness90(m): 5:27am On Dec 24, 2015
micgray100:
If you know you Av good intention and would show your face here on Nairaland. I Av a one bedroom self contain you can manage for free till around March ending 2015 when I will be coming back to lag.. Hopefully u would Av saved enough to rent a room compound house in Ketu which is around 70k to 100k. Depending on agreement and agent fee... Call menon 07032728941...

Wow, problem solved! May God bless u for this offer.
@op pls grab the offer now!

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by Edoblakky(m): 5:50am On Dec 24, 2015
This is a very tough call. I have a feeling you can survive. I even had a discussion about your issue with my wife and she feels you can survive as well. I don't honestly know how much your biggest bill - transportation will cost but I know the route is very far. I live in Lekki and if you ask me to drive to Ketu everyday, I won't find it funny.
Many have given you very useful advice, some have even given you free accommodation. May God bless them!
I advice you give it a try and see if you can handle it for the first 2 months while you keep your eyes wide open for better opportunities but if you can't handle it, you may need to quit and look for better things to do.
When I first came to Lagos over 5 years ago, driving from Marina to VI to pick my wife and then driving home after work in traffic made me sick for the first time in 15 years.
May God help you!

2 Likes

Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by Nobody: 5:57am On Dec 24, 2015
tuzle:
sorry to ask wen last did u go from iyana ipaja to vi because yesterday thou it was in the afternoon the price was 700naira but i doubt u can get a bus presently going from iyana ipaja to vi at 150. Even from iyana ipaja to ikeja along presently is 100naira

as in you just spoke my mind....was wondering which iyana ipaja
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by abbayakubu29: 5:57am On Dec 24, 2015
dear
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by GaniLAb(m): 6:33am On Dec 24, 2015
It is better you start doing something now instead of sleeping tirelessly at home.
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by femi4: 6:39am On Dec 24, 2015
QSFemi:
Good evening nairalanders. This is my first post on this platform and I enjoined you all to overlook my simplicity. I need your views on the scenario I am about to relate. I have a degree like many other peeps out there, completed nysc july this year and have hitherto been jobless. Well, Like a twist of fate, I got a job just yesterday that will be paying me 50k in Lag. I based in Akure and the job is in Ketu, Lagos. My friend that I can squat with temporarily lives at awoyaya, Ibeju-Lekki lga. Can I survive? What do you think peeps?
Guy! Forget it.....apart from transport fare, you won't be getting to work early especially if your resumption time is 8:00am
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by Nobody: 6:41am On Dec 24, 2015
tuzle:
sorry to ask wen last did u go from iyana ipaja to vi because yesterday thou it was in the afternoon the price was 700naira but i doubt u can get a bus presently going from iyana ipaja to vi at 150. Even from iyana ipaja to ikeja along presently is 100naira

Timing matters bro. At 5a.m, you'll get VI 150, maximum 200 at iyana-ipaja. As for when I last went, throughout the month of November this year.
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by Nobody: 6:43am On Dec 24, 2015
adebayooye:

as in you just spoke my mind....was wondering which iyana ipaja

You don't have to agree with me. Just get to iyana-ipaja tomorrow by 5a.m. Come back to tell me how much VI costs.
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by stonecoldcafe: 7:01am On Dec 24, 2015
QSFemi:
Good evening nairalanders. This is my first post on this platform and I enjoined you all to overlook my simplicity. I need your views on the scenario I am about to relate. I have a degree like many other peeps out there, completed nysc july this year and have hitherto been jobless. Well, Like a twist of fate, I got a job just yesterday that will be paying me 50k in Lag. I based in Akure and the job is in Ketu, Lagos. My friend that I can squat with temporarily lives at awoyaya, Ibeju-Lekki lga. Can I survive? What do you think peeps?

Congratulations on your new job. My brother, please and please again, find somewhere to stay near Ketu. From Ibeju Lekki to Ketu, YOUR MONEY GO FINISH ONTOP TRANSPORT OH! Get somewhere near Ketu; even if its a single room. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by captain247: 7:15am On Dec 24, 2015
Your family can support you by renting an apartment closer to your work place with pocket allowance for the first two months then after which you can stand up to the challenge.
I equally has face worse than this. I got a job which cost me 30k minimum for transportation only and my salary was 10k as at then. But my mum assisted me till the situation improved.
so don't give up go grab d job. The experience should be your AIM at this moment.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by Chilug(m): 7:20am On Dec 24, 2015
Guy u must start. I remember working with a BSc for 20k, and even the payment was not regular, but I needed to start. Please start.

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by LastSurvivor: 7:23am On Dec 24, 2015
Start first, at least it takes you out of the house every morning..
U can even make another friend that stays around from ur work place..

Mind u, u have a better chance of getting another job when ur going out everyday..

Best of luck
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by Vikky014(f): 7:37am On Dec 24, 2015
QSFemi:
is better to hv a job than to b jobless. u can still b applying for oda jobs. hope the 50k psyment will b regular if not i think it is risky bt life is all abt taking risk
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by Solidcars: 7:38am On Dec 24, 2015
Take the offer. You will survive. Just look for a place close to your work place. I wish you well.
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by tasceige(m): 7:42am On Dec 24, 2015
micgray100:
If you know you Av good intention and would show your face here on Nairaland. I Av a one bedroom self contain you can manage for free till around March ending 2015 when I will be coming back to lag.. Hopefully u would Av saved enough to rent a room compound house in Ketu which is around 70k to 100k. Depending on agreement and agent fee... Call menon 07032728941...

God bless yu and the Human in you..

4 Likes

Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by Mythinghot(m): 7:53am On Dec 24, 2015
No you can't. I know someone who can. Can you give him the opportunity?
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by Allansmith: 7:56am On Dec 24, 2015
Nairaland my nairaland....Have read and learnt alot from this Forum...Met one or two positive people and i still get to learn each time i come up here to read....Kudos to us and lets keep sharing experiences for us to learn as we don't know who needs such express or answer to move up in life.

I have read through most of the comments and i am also of the view that OP can survive..Just resume though might seems easy when you first start but i believe with time you would find a way around surviving...Like in one of the comment,Go on Facebook or any forum or group you belong and ask for assistance and i bet you at least one person would be ready to assist or know someone who is looking for a roommate around Ketu Axis....

I also haven't seen any comment about getting a speed boat from Ajah to Ikorodu and then a bus from Ikorodu to Ketu...If you don,t have phobia for Water you can try that option but you might need make your findings as to where the Speed boats take off from in Ajah,which one is cheaper and closer for you to get to work early enough and what time they stop moving from the mainland back to Ajah each day so you know if you can join them back to Ajah when you close from work....You surely would survive and you'll be surprised by then.....You should also be on the look out relocating to the Mainland so you can save more in getting your own place...

Wish you the very best.
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by EKENWAOSI: 8:05am On Dec 24, 2015
Please guys while not advice rightly.He has to work first before the end of the month,then 50k will come in.Let him start treating d distance until he received the 50k.He will take lunch.My advice is If u can't get a place closer for minimum of two months and get urself sort out on accommodation. please to not accept the offer.

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by Allansmith: 8:07am On Dec 24, 2015
micgray100:

God bless you real good and increase you on every sides...One of the main reasons i love this Forum...God bless you too Seun Osewa

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by UEDIBO: 8:11am On Dec 24, 2015
please i need job also. i am married with two children. i started working in 2011 but company's contract was terminated with THE POLYTECHNIC. TILL NOW I AM STILL WORKING AS A CASUAL STAFF WITH #16,0000. PLS HELP. I AM AN IT GENIUS.

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by QSFemi(m): 8:19am On Dec 24, 2015
alchemist:
I believe you are a qs like me and you know how to apply cost well. Depending on yur job either as a consultant or contractor. You can survive. Do d mathematic and if d job is a contractor qs, please grab it and thank me later
yes I am a qs. Guess you got the hint from my name. The company is both consulting and contracting. Do u live in lag? Can I get your contact?
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 24, 2015
rationalmind:

This isn't true neither is it close to being true. Ibeju-Lekki to iyana oworo cannot be more than 400. Iyana oworo to Ketu can't be more than 100 naira. That's maximum of a thousand naira per day.

There's a way these things work. OP wakes early, he gets a direct vehicle to ketu and pays 200 naira. More so, It's equally possible a staff stays around him which will ease t fare.

OP, I'll strongly suggest you take it and start from somewhere. I personally know someone who stays at iyana-ipaja, works at Ikoyi, and his salary isn't up to 30K.

Congrats on your new job.

Very rational minded indeed

3 Likes

Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by switchmax8: 8:31am On Dec 24, 2015
Guy,you cannot survive it because monthly transportation from awoyaya to ketu will take about 70-80% of your salary depending on the traffic situation when the commercial vehicle ply the road because whenever there is heavy traffic gridlock motorist tend to increase fare.My candid advice you should look for a friend living closer if possible inside ketu that will save you enough cash.You can start looking for friends or family members living in ojota,maryland,ketu,mile 12,ajegunle-owode or oregun all these are fair enough to save from your salary if you live in any of these places.
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by laytoshtwo: 9:11am On Dec 24, 2015
QSFemi:

Get a place to stay in ikorodu u can cope with ibeju,you will be sacked first week unless you wake up 2am everyday
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by opaniyikehinde: 9:25am On Dec 24, 2015
if u d job will add to ur cv interms of experience that is field related job,give it a short and and see how it pulls off after two month.u will knw if u can cope with d condition.if nt,get a teaching that pay twenty plus in ur place.
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by iamtaiwo(f): 10:24am On Dec 24, 2015
Eyaaa, Bro try manage am oooo...and I stay at ketu, how I wish I can help..
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by julyb(m): 10:39am On Dec 24, 2015
I just
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 24, 2015
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 24, 2015
ratchy:

Learn to encourage person abeg
the truth is bitter....

Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by ratchy: 11:36am On Dec 24, 2015
videomaid:

the truth is bitter....
na people like you dey mislead person.....mtchew
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 24, 2015
QSFemi:

The best advise is to look for loan, borrow 250k and rent small apartment closer to work.
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by yvesboss(m): 12:01pm On Dec 24, 2015
dguizman:
bro u can't compare Mowe to Ikeja to dat of OP o....urs will only cost u #400 per day

#750 per day...i work in opebi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers / God Gave Me A New Job In This Recession Period After Losing My Banking Job / Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2019 – Final List Of Successful Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.