Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,419 members, 7,836,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

I Am Falling Apart With My Mom - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Falling Apart With My Mom (27587 Views)

My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady / I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! / My Mom Burst In While I Was Having Sex With My Wife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by otiigba1(m): 8:23am On Dec 25, 2015
deeptesting:
Bro just take it easy 21 is also a tough period for you, peer pressure, concern for your future, anxieties of what has been accomplished and what has not, emotions are high, pursuit for indepence and all what not... How do you want to grow into a responsible adult if you don't respect your parents.

You saw Mum crying and you did not deem it fit to go in,wrap your arm around her and if possible cry with her; i bet if it were to be your bae you would surely cry with her.. That been said, please do the needful, even nature will be against you when you disrespect your mother.

We are Africans, we are not trained to shout back at our parents it connotes poor manners and path to self destruction.

I thought of my Mum, far in the village
Old, skinned wrinkled
Leg refuse to move when needed
Eye delibrately refusing to give vision
How fragile she has become
She could not chase me around anymore when i pick the only meat from the soup pot
I reminisce, gazed at the sky like i could bring back her blossom
Absolutely! Peer pressure, anxiety, frustration, homornal perhaps paranoia. Also at 21 i think its time to give his parent some space ( move out)
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by favouryemmy: 8:26am On Dec 25, 2015
chuzydon:
Am a guy of 21 from a family of 5, am the eldest, everything used to be fine but the older I grow the more me and my mom seem to be falling apart, today she shouted on me and I shouted back at her very loudly so she left for her room and started crying.

My dad came home from work and she told him everything and my dad asked me to kneel and apologize but my mom was still crying saying I have hurt her a lot with words and all that and even if I become a billionaire tomorrow I shouldn't bother about her that she's cancelled me as her son for good that I don't appreciate her at all.
I don't know how things got so bad to this level and am not even a rough kind of guy, I feel so hurt now and don't even know what to do to make up for things. I just feel like our bond is about to be shattered for good.

pls help I need reasonable advice i don't understand what's going on anymore .

Boy, it seems you've watched so many American movies where children shout back at their parents with no repercussions. Wake up, you're not in America or UK. We never do that to our parents in Nigerian culture or else they might curse you and if they do, your pastor might not be able to save you. The parents curse is a powerful curse, ask Reuben in the Bible when his father Jacob cursed him. Apologize to your mum and try and make it up to her. Also have her reverse her statement about disowning you.
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by opey112(m): 8:29am On Dec 25, 2015
tosyne2much:
OP, you need to mend your ways.. One thing I detest most is uttering a word that would make my mother shed tears. Please be cautious of what you say and the manner in which you say it

Women are soft hearted and can cry over little things whether they are right or wrong. Start doing things you have not been doing. Surprisingly buy her gifts no matter how little it is; start assisting in taking some of her responsibilities (by assisting her in the kitchen and so on). Also, henceforth, endeavour to always talk to her in warm and tender voice even when circumstances demand anger

However, one can barely succeed in life if your mother says negative words into your life. Bro, abeg try put a smile on the face of that woman oooo. Thousands of people who have lost their mothers always wish they could have them back, but here you are, and can't treat the one you have with love and respect
Two bottle of origin for you and fish pepper soup...
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by creepsyme(f): 8:30am On Dec 25, 2015
chuzydon:
Am a guy of 21 from a family of 5, am the eldest, everything used to be fine but the older I grow the more me and my mom seem to be falling apart, today she shouted on me and I shouted back at her very loudly so she left for her room and started crying.

My dad came home from work and she told him everything and my dad asked me to kneel and apologize but my mom was still crying saying I have hurt her a lot with words and all that and even if I become a billionaire tomorrow I shouldn't bother about her that she's cancelled me as her son for good that I don't appreciate her at all.
I don't know how things got so bad to this level and am not even a rough kind of guy, I feel so hurt now and don't even know what to do to make up for things. I just feel like our bond is about to be shattered for good.

u need reasonable advice huuuhhh? probably u are feeling like a big boy right? remember watever u sow u also reap.
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by tosyne2much(m): 8:34am On Dec 25, 2015
Genea:
cheesy cheesycheesycheesy
Would you like to see it ? tongue
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by tosyne2much(m): 8:36am On Dec 25, 2015
BrainnewsNg:

Thank you
How u doing ?

Merry Christmas
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by byvan03: 8:39am On Dec 25, 2015
You dare not yell back at your mother, if you don't agree with her, shut up, do your thing and apologise later with crocodile tears. Every thing mustn't end in combat.
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by banio: 8:43am On Dec 25, 2015
So many relatives do U favours and respect You because of your parents. In where I come from, elders are always right. Always respect your parents, they mean more than one and a million
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by meexteriox(m): 8:48am On Dec 25, 2015
I hardly comment on most NL topics, but this one won't pass me by.
OP, OP, OP
Hw many times I call u?
Hold ur ears tightly n listen to me carefully!!!!

If you continue this way, you are on your way to self inflicted destruction. Small boy like you, cos u don get girlfriend now decides to shout back at ur mum!!!!!

Honestly, if you dnt know d value or position ur mum occupies in ur destiny u beta wake up frm ur deep slumber.

If u allow ur mum lay curse on you because u are feeling like one big fool, your own is finished.

Am jst boiling wit anger as I type dis. Dat u even made her weep over ur stupid act is a sign of "DANGER".

U beta come down from dat ur high castle in d air and kneel and beg for forgiveness sincerely.

If at ur age u are making ur own mother to weep over, then those ur useless girlfriends will commit suicide then.

Idiot
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 25, 2015
What a strange world, i will give anything to have a dad who will care enough to scold me and give me necessary attention i crave . Mr OP ,appreciate your mama and her rants
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by tosyne2much(m): 9:00am On Dec 25, 2015
opey112:
Two bottle of origin for you and fish pepper soup...
Bros, I no dey take alcohol oooo. Be like say na juice go sure pass cheesy
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by DedeNkem: 9:04am On Dec 25, 2015
chuzydon:

What the f*uck is wrong with you? Why most you be disrespecting your mother! Some kids nowadays are so messed in the brain!

She can't be crying for nothing, you as*shole! I would have slapped the sh*it out of you if I knew you.

You can't just deny not knowing what upsets her. You know what you did and don't want us to know because you don't give a f*uck! You're here looking for a f*ucking reason to continue your f*ucked up behavior!

You must be out of your f*ucking mind coming here to expect anyone would support you!

Get your stinky hairy as*s up and go talk to your mum now! She's hurting and you're here complaining sh*it! Most people would do anything to have a mother who cares like yours, you piece of sh*it!

I've a lovely mother, who doesn't take sh*it from anything. I don't agree with her on everything, but I do so with utmost respect! I will never shout at her or disrespect her in any way, no matter the difference in opinion.

Go and fix your f*ucking mess. Nairalanders won't do it for you!
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Genea(f): 9:04am On Dec 25, 2015
tosyne2much:
Would you like to see it ? tongue
yes dear and am looking 4ward to it
merry xmas to u and all my frnds and followers on nl,i wish all d very best of the season *kisses*
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by joephemzyz(m): 9:10am On Dec 25, 2015
Make amends sir, ur mother should be your best friend and confidant.

Respect and never raise your voice when you talking to your mother......"that your days may be long, and prosperous"

#elitehooperforchrist
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by tosyne2much(m): 9:10am On Dec 25, 2015
Genea:
yes dear and am looking 4ward to it
merry xmas to u and all my frnds and followers on nl,i wish all d very best of the season *kisses*
Thank you so much. So how e dey be today now? Don't tell me you don't know oooo cheesy
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by BrainnewsNg(f): 9:11am On Dec 25, 2015
tosyne2much:
How u doing ?

Merry Christmas
Am good
Wish you same here

1 Like

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Cutehector(m): 9:14am On Dec 25, 2015
tosyne2much:
Bros, I no dey take alcohol oooo. Be like say na juice go sure pass cheesy
u no dey tk alcohol buh u dey bang woman abi

God dey
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by tosyne2much(m): 9:16am On Dec 25, 2015
Cutehector:
u no dey tk alcohol buh u dey bang woman abi

God dey
roflwkmd lmao cheesy

Na you kuku arrive at such conclusion tongue
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Cutehector(m): 9:17am On Dec 25, 2015
tosyne2much:
roflwkmd lmao cheesy

Na you kuku arrive at such conclusion tongue
u and i knw say no b lie
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by abdoolorunwa(m): 9:25am On Dec 25, 2015
MY FRIEND, IKNOW EXACTLY HOW U FEEL.
ONE THING TO NOTE IS THAT THEY ARE THE PARENT NOT YOU.
SECONDLY, THEY ARE ALWAYS RIGHT.
THIRDLY, IN HER LABORING, WHEENING, AND RAISING YOU, YOU CANNOT REPAY THEM IN ANY WAY.
HAVING THIS IN MIND, REMIND YOURSELF DAT SOMEDAY YOU'D BE IN THE SAME POSITION AS THEY ARE NOW.
SO I SUGGEST, U LEARN TOBE THE CHILD. UR EVERY RESPONSE MUST BE OK MA, OK SIR. IF U HAVE A SUGGESTION TO AN ISSUE, DO IT IN THE MOST HUMBLE WAY, AND NOT TRY TO FORCE DEM TO AGREE WITH U.
BUT FIRST THINGS FIRST. GO TO UR MOTHER, LOOK HER IN THE EYE AND APOLOGIES.
WETHER SHE FORGIVES OR NOT, GOD WOULD BE UR WITNESS.
THEREAFTER LOOK FOR A WAY TO DISTANCE URSELF FROM THEM. SCHOOL, WORK OR ANY LEGITIMATE THING, SO THAT U RETURN HOME ONCE IN A WHILE, NOW THEY BEGIN TO MISS U. NOW THAT IS UR CHANCE. WISH U ALL THE BEST.
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Genea(f): 9:27am On Dec 25, 2015
tosyne2much:
Thank you so much. So how e dey be today now? Don't tell me you don't know oooo cheesy
my dear,u get brain o,chai u just get wetin i wan say....meeeehn,i no know oooo
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by padua15(m): 9:41am On Dec 25, 2015
always listen to her before you react
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Duru009(m): 10:09am On Dec 25, 2015
Pray in the holy ghost,,,,,

speak in another tongues......

It will settle itself,,,,,

Glory!
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by nzeakor24(m): 10:15am On Dec 25, 2015
You are just 25 and you think you have grown up abi? I don't blame you, what you don't know is that if you are making your parents (mum) to shed tears with your attitude,directly or indirectly,you are placing a curse on yourself without knowing it. just go and apologise to her now.
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by bigmo1(m): 10:21am On Dec 25, 2015
You argued with your mum and now she is crying. What happened to koboko. I can't remember ever arguing with my mom, I can't even raise my voice at her. At 21, u are not too old for koboko.
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Sanchase: 10:46am On Dec 25, 2015
It wasn't meant to sound good but it's d best advice. Some people don't appreciate their mum until death, then they buy N1 million casket.

Your mother is once in a lifetime.

Evidence1000:

This isn't how to give a good advice.
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by StoneColdBiceps(m): 10:58am On Dec 25, 2015
tosyne2much:
OP, you need to mend your ways.. One thing I detest most is uttering a word that would make my mother shed tears. Please be cautious of what you say and the manner in which you say it

Women are soft hearted and can cry over little things whether they are right or wrong. Start doing things you have not been doing. Surprisingly buy her gifts no matter how little it is; start assisting in taking some of her responsibilities (by assisting her in the kitchen and so on). Also, henceforth, endeavour to always talk to her in warm and tender voice even when circumstances demand anger

However, one can barely succeed in life if your mother says negative words into your life. Bro, abeg try put a smile on the face of that woman oooo. Thousands of people who have lost their mothers always wish they could have them back, but here you are, and can't treat the one you have with love and respect

Guy, i'll only tel you sorry becos u kno not wat you are doing. You are reacting to your purberty level, that point every boy develope to a man. But u are allowing it to control you (inpulse) negetively. Aside frm this, any other pressure is totally a bad one.
Advice: if u r rude to ur fada, dnt try it wit ur mother as dats where ur blessings lies. Do any and everyting to make her smile again. Sha no thief to make her smile...
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by StoneColdBiceps(m): 11:01am On Dec 25, 2015
chuzydon:

Guy, i'll only tel you sorry becos u kno not wat you are doing. You are reacting to your purberty level, that point every boy develope to a man. But u are allowing it to control you (inpulse) negetively. Aside frm this, any other pressure is totally a bad one.
Advice: if u r rude to ur fada, dnt try it wit ur mother as dats where ur blessings lies. Do any and everyting to make her smile again. Sha no thief to make her smile...
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by tosyne2much(m): 11:15am On Dec 25, 2015
StoneColdBiceps:

Bro, did youy mistakenly quote me or what ? Mind you, I'm not the OP
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by StoneColdBiceps(m): 11:19am On Dec 25, 2015
tosyne2much:
Bro, did youy mistakenly quote me or what ? Mind you, I'm not the OP

Sorry bro, not for. twasnt intentional. I'll work on it.
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by tosyne2much(m): 11:29am On Dec 25, 2015
StoneColdBiceps:

Sorry bro, not for. twasnt intentional. I'll work on it.
I was shocked at first cheesy
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by StoneColdBiceps(m): 11:39am On Dec 25, 2015
tosyne2much:
I was shocked at first cheesy

grin why u go shock na wen no bé high tension. Na just mail lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? / 5 Sure Ways To Stop Feeling Insecure In Your Relationships / How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.