Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,561 members, 7,837,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

I Am Falling Apart With My Mom - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Falling Apart With My Mom (27593 Views)

My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady / I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! / My Mom Burst In While I Was Having Sex With My Wife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by tosyne2much(m): 11:52pm On Dec 24, 2015
drake2:
I am hastily typing ds message without reading all wonderful comments made so far.

Op, ur mother is d best person in ur life no matter what. wanted to type more, but feeling so mad at u. How kud u scream or shout at mommy? please love her
I used to do that before until maturity had its way
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 24, 2015
Women are natural troublemakers and should be avoided so they can make trouble with themselves and sink into depression. Your mistake was shouting back at her and now she has shared the depression with you. It is the duty of a parent to make their children happy not the other way round. If its reciprocated its a bonus to the parent.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by AyamConfidence(m): 11:53pm On Dec 24, 2015
tosyne2much:
Seriously ? shocked
yeah...seriously...and i might start believing it o...so let me just be FTC on your thread unless i'l believe o
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by AyamConfidence(m): 11:54pm On Dec 24, 2015
tosyne2much:
Seriously ? shocked
seriously...and i might start believing it o...so let me just be FTC on your thread unless i'l believe o
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Edostate4love(m): 11:56pm On Dec 24, 2015
MrLexander:
For the fact ur mum shouts at u and u reciprocates shows u av strted bad company and following wrong steps.. e be like say u don dey smoke igbo sef.. na wetin dey cause dis kind tin.. u don dey take alomo and weed.. stewpeed boi
lol I no fit shout ooo.but.my guy mrlexander u too hash comot that yeye mouth u want make my guy cry a river instead of ocean. finally my guy change ur ways beg her for forgiveness if it.means crying cry until she forgives u ok.
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by obowunmi(m): 11:59pm On Dec 24, 2015
Why is your mother shouting at you?

Why can't she speak with you like a human being? Be careful, don't let your mom be emotionally and mentally abusive to you. It's unacceptable.
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by tosyne2much(m): 12:00am On Dec 25, 2015
AyamConfidence:
yeah...seriously...and i might start believing it o...so let me just be FTC on your thread unless i'l believe o
I go quote you when I wan drop my next thread cheesy
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by obowunmi(m): 12:01am On Dec 25, 2015
chuzydon:
Am a guy of 21 from a family of 5, am the eldest, everything used to be fine but the older I grow the more me and my mom seem to be falling apart, today she shouted on me and I shouted back at her very loudly so she left for her room and started crying.

My dad came home from work and she told him everything and my dad asked me to kneel and apologize but my mom was still crying saying I have hurt her a lot with words and all that and even if I become a billionaire tomorrow I shouldn't bother about her that she's cancelled me as her son for good that I don't appreciate her at all.
I don't know how things got so bad to this level and am not even a rough kind of guy, I feel so hurt now and don't even know what to do to make up for things. I just feel like our bond is about to be shattered for good.

pls help I need reasonable advice i don't understand what's going on anymore .

Why is your mother shouting at you? Why can't she speak with you like a human being? Be careful, don't let your mom be emotionally and mentally abusive to you. It's unacceptable.

She is wrong is shouting and yelling. It's wrong.
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Alexsmith20(m): 12:03am On Dec 25, 2015
Well dear, i like the fact that you acknowledge the fact that you need help. i once went through thesame ordeal with my mom, mine got so bad that we didn't talk to each other days, but now we are best of pals.
i would advice that this is just one of those things we come across as youths, when we are least understood by our parents as if they too where not once young as we are.
when you trying to pass yours points across do so with minimum audacity, i know no body wants to lose a case but to avoid the argument from escalating to something esle just aply a sense of maturity.
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by AyamConfidence(m): 12:03am On Dec 25, 2015
tosyne2much:
thank you but i fit lend u ideas if u want o...on that 10 categories u talked about if u want sha...wetin u think
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by obowunmi(m): 12:03am On Dec 25, 2015
It's strange how Nigerians accommodate so much abuse from their parents.
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Rori(m): 12:04am On Dec 25, 2015
Hmmm! U made ur mother cry!!!!!!!!!!! shocked this one is stronnggggg.... Better go lie down for her feet dey beg her till she forgives u....

2 Likes

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by AyamConfidence(m): 12:04am On Dec 25, 2015
tosyne2much:
thank you but i fit lend u ideas if u want o...on that 10 categories u talked about if u want sha... Abi wetin u think
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by firstking01(m): 12:04am On Dec 25, 2015
chuzydon:
Am a guy of 21 from a family of 5, am the eldest, everything used to be fine but the older I grow the more me and my mom seem to be falling apart, today she shouted on me and I shouted back at her very loudly so she left for her room and started crying.

My dad came home from work and she told him everything and my dad asked me to kneel and apologize but my mom was still crying saying I have hurt her a lot with words and all that and even if I become a billionaire tomorrow I shouldn't bother about her that she's cancelled me as her son for good that I don't appreciate her at all.
I don't know how things got so bad to this level and am not even a rough kind of guy, I feel so hurt now and don't even know what to do to make up for things. I just feel like our bond is about to be shattered for good.

pls help I need reasonable advice i don't understand what's going on anymore .

u have pride issues....if u cnt appologise to the woman who carried u for 9mths, then i doubt who u can appologise to...i smell smtin fishy here opsad

1 Like

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Karleb(m): 12:07am On Dec 25, 2015
When Nigerians say things like "I love you mummy", "Mummy! You are the best thing in the world!" et cetera. Do you think that's because they're mummy is/was actually loving and the best in the world? Iffa year? angry

But we(Nigerians) put our egos aside, we evaluate what our parents(especially mama) have done for us and we realize that the good outweighs the bad hence our appreciation.

Bro! Go apologize to that woman and try to make her happy...and stop screaming on her for the love of God she's fu*king older than you.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by zagorakis(m): 12:08am On Dec 25, 2015
victorazy:
What can we say! Since u don develop "aji-amu"

This guy sef..end time comment
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by preciousMI1(f): 12:10am On Dec 25, 2015
Arebay:
Omo ale
what's d meaning
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by apholaryn: 12:12am On Dec 25, 2015
maiahsaiah:
Women are natural troublemakers
I'm xo xo glad one admitted finally.

1 Like

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Arebay(m): 12:12am On Dec 25, 2015
preciousMI1:

what's d meaning

Sheet mins bastarrrrd
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Enesi47: 12:13am On Dec 25, 2015
Guy! You dey mad oooooo! You better and apology her ooooooo! You make your mom cry, your hop, your happiness and your everything you make her cry, guy you need serious deliverance oooooooooo
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by preciousMI1(f): 12:13am On Dec 25, 2015
Arebay:

Sheet mins bastarrrrd
ahhh..... chei....
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Enesi47: 12:14am On Dec 25, 2015
B
preciousMI1:

what's d meaning
bustard
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by RVBC: 12:17am On Dec 25, 2015
Kneel appologise and cry back telling her you're sorry until she begins to beg you that it is okay but don't stop keep crying until you fall asleep in her laps. When you wake up don't eat until she forces you to eat, even if she force you don't eat untill she feeds you, don't bath don't brush for days until she begins to beg you that everything is okay! Bros nah your mother oh! I. Am not playing oh!!! if not go and buy two big matured cows to appease the god of mothers

2 Likes

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Arebay(m): 12:17am On Dec 25, 2015
preciousMI1:

ahhh..... chei....

D nigga. Deserves it
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Arebay(m): 12:22am On Dec 25, 2015
I can't 4k wit my mum,,,uuhm. My one and only ALHAJA

1 Like

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by toksbisola: 12:23am On Dec 25, 2015
@Op; first thing first; GO AND APOLOGIES TO YOUR MUM AGAIN. IF NEED BE, PROSTRATE ON THE GROUND TO HER AND BEG FOR HER FORGIVENESS. ALSO TELL HER THAT YOU DIDN’T MEAN TO SHOUT AT HER. BEG YOUR DAD TO ALSO APOLOGIES AGAIN ON YOUR BEHALF. ONE THING YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT; RESPECT FOR OUR PARENTS/ELDERLY ONES STILL HOLDS SWAY IN OUR CULTURE; AND YOU MUST NEVER EVER FORGET THAT.

YOUNG MAN, LEARN TO CONTROL YOUR ANGER; AS YOU’RE GOING TO HAVE A WIFE SOMEDAY AND I HOPE THIS ISN’T HOW YOU WOULD BE SHOUTING AT HER IF SHE DOESN’T AGREE WITH YOU ON CERTAIN THINGS? THINK; THINK AND THINK AGAIN; I REPEAT, LEARN TO CONTROL YOUR ANGER; ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU’RE TALKING TO YOUR PARENTS/ELDERLY ONES.

For now go out and see if you can get a small gift for your mum to put a smile on her face and HUG HER TIGHT AND I MEAN REALLY TIGHT; TELL HER IT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN AND MAKE SURE THAT YOU MEAN IT. If you can cook, make a lovely meal for her specially and treat her like a princess and serve the food. I’m sure she’ll smile at your effort.

Also after the whole episode have been sorted; have a one-to-one discussion with your mum and reiterate the fact that you’re now a growing young man and there might be some things that you do that she might not be happy with but if possible, let her know she can voice her opinion without getting too angry and screaming at you as that would only cause friction to explode and you wouldn’t want that to happen so as to avoid this sort of situation happening again.

Just out of curiosity, if this was an outsider that was shouting at your mum/dad, would you like it? Would you just fold your hands and let the outsider insult your mum/dad? I’m sure you’ll try to intervene and find out what caused the outburst.

Start training yourself from now to address your anger issues and develop self-control to be able to set a good example for your younger ones. This in turn would hinder them from developing the art of shouting at your mum/dad as they grow older. Or would you sit down and see your younger ones shouting at your mum/dad without correcting them that they shouldn’t do that? I guess not.

You’re going to have a home of your own someday with a family and I wonder how you would feel if your daughter/son starts shouting back at you when you shout at them. Won’t you feel hurt as well? I’m sure you would. hence, learn to discuss issues without raising your voice.

I’M ACTUALLY IMPLORING YOU NOT TO SHOUT BACK AT YOUR MUM/DAD AS IT SHOWS A LACK OF RESPECT FOR THEM. I won’t want to class you as someone who lacks respect; hence, don’t behave like someone who has none.

ON A LIGHTER NOTE; jokingly let her know that you’re like her 2nd husband after your dad (Lol) and it’ll be/remain like that and guess what; I'm sure she'll smile and feel cherished. ALWAYS TRY TO MAKE YOUR MUM/DAD SMILE AND IN RETURN, THEY'LL BE HAPPY HAVING YOU AROUND THEM; AND THAT'LL MOST LIKELY BRING JOY TO THEM.

I rest my case

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by mgbedianya(m): 12:27am On Dec 25, 2015
maiahsaiah:
Women are natural troublemakers and should be avoided so they can make trouble with themselves and sink into depression. Your mistake was shouting back at her and now she has shared the depression with you. It is the duty of a parent to make their children happy not the other way round. If its reciprocated its a bonus to the parent.

wise saying, Profound truth. where did u get this In depth knowledge from?

2 Likes

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by jmaxjohn(m): 12:28am On Dec 25, 2015
Treat ur mom like u'll treat ur bae nd tinz will b slightly beta. U need to b more reasonable nd display self control. Ure a man, nt a boy. U don't hv to react to every shii, especially from ur mom.
Once it's dawn, go greet her, nd giv her a hug or a peck or even tickle her if she has a tickle spot.
If u wanna open ur heart quickly, ask her to giv u her lifes experience, nd ull b d one shedding tears in no time.
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by captainjoh(m): 12:31am On Dec 25, 2015
If i were ur younger brother, i will just poison you. Can't stand anything that will make mum cry
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by ATERI(m): 12:34am On Dec 25, 2015
Although the English language sees you as a man, but you are still a boy trying to establish your own identity. Most twenty-somethings believe they know and understand everything, so relax and start to come to terms with a couple of characteristics that would define your life. You can see from what happened with mum that you may have anger problem.
You have been appropriately advised here to apologize profusely, but should that fail, I think you should call your dad and tell him that you have apologized to mum for your unruly behaviour but that mum is still angry and ask dad to help resolve the matter. Don`t forget that most of the characteristics you have come from them, so don`t be too hard on yourself. On a last note,YOU SHOULD NEVER TALK BACK WHEN PARENTS ARE SHOUTING OUT OF ANGER.
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by crackhouse(m): 12:34am On Dec 25, 2015
u Don dey grow pubic hairs abi? well, na time go tell where u are heading to sha. keep misbehaving.
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by pato405(m): 12:38am On Dec 25, 2015
maiahsaiah:

For the first time in 6yrs (since I've been on NL), a lady has FINALLY taken an unbiased stance and made a whole lot of sense in her post. Critical analysis of the situation, clear and concise judgement, insightful remark!

I duff my hat for you! wish I could meet you in person. Keep it up!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? / What Made You Divorce Your Partner? / Nigerian Woman Who Many Called Barren Gives Birth At 40 Years Old (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.