Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,402 members, 7,836,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

I Am Falling Apart With My Mom - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Falling Apart With My Mom (27586 Views)

My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady / I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! / My Mom Burst In While I Was Having Sex With My Wife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by richyfunky(m): 11:21pm On Dec 24, 2015
My friend, U're not alone on this, being d first child, there's always a lot of expectations especially from mothers, as a result their fears on whether or not U will make it starts manifesting towards U as U get older. Pls give her time, she will get over it, and know dt she didn't mean those words she said.
P.S Never ever disrespect ur parents, no matter d situation, cos U can never slap a soldier in a barrack & give anger as ur excuse

1 Like

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:22pm On Dec 24, 2015
Pride and the urge of being free.

Be at peace with your mum and you'll be at peace with yourself
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Grahamjnr(m): 11:23pm On Dec 24, 2015
What a coincidence this happen to me. I just had such an incident with my mum right now over a non issue matter. On rendering my apology I had to kneel down and even hold her feet but she ignored my apology and even walked over on my fingers bruising my little finger on the process. Would I be right to be angry? I wanted to leave the house but my lady said I shouldn't. All the same, my apology to her still. Even though she won't be reading this!

2 Likes

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by lordtriplee(m): 11:23pm On Dec 24, 2015
Hmmm

Small change don dey enter your hand so you see yourself as a man. Come back to earth...you are currently in another planet.

1 Like

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Nobody: 11:24pm On Dec 24, 2015
Op u dont have to be sad mothers are fond of saying hurtful words when hurt

God forbid if she hears anything not so good bou u
She wud b d first to start running around just to help u

Have heard worse than uve heard but stil at any slight pain im never left alone

Just apologise nd put a smile on her face

She wudnt want to throw away her tears nd pain of given birth to u nuturing u for just a few second quarrel

1 Like

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Vision4God: 11:24pm On Dec 24, 2015
chuzydon, pls b calm. Talk wt ur mum. She loves u and wants d best 4u. Never raise ur voice wen talking to her. Pls b very calm, and listen to her. After an hour or so, go bak to her and revisit wateva d issue is.
Make apologies and buttress ur point subtly.

Giv her pecks n hugs.....will work lik magic

1 Like

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by tosyne2much(m): 11:27pm On Dec 24, 2015
AyamConfidence:
u sef dey book space...e don tay wey i see ur thread 4 FP last o
Baba, na because my head never boot wella ni ooooo cheesy
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Vision4God: 11:28pm On Dec 24, 2015
Again pls chuzydon receive blessings from her than curse.
Enjoy her well o.
She sacrificed a lot 4u 2b whr u are today.
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by themejiwalker(m): 11:28pm On Dec 24, 2015
You are very lucky bro. Cherish your mother while you still have her.
I used to have this cat and dog fight with my mom also but I never knew it was for my own good.
Now that she's no more i can only cling to the little warnings she gave before she left.

Cherish her while you have her bro.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by free2blast(m): 11:28pm On Dec 24, 2015
MrLexander:
For the fact ur mum shouts at u and u reciprocates shows u av strted bad company and following wrong steps.. e be like say u don dey smoke igbo sef.. na wetin dey cause dis kind tin.. u don dey take alomo and weed.. stewpeed boi
Hahaha....im sure its oshogbo weed. Anyways seek forgiveness from God and your mother because its a curse to talk back at your mother not to talk of shouting at her.
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by AyamConfidence(m): 11:30pm On Dec 24, 2015
tosyne2much:
Baba, na because my head never boot wella ni ooooo cheesy
lwkmd...abeg go wash am for river o cos na 2016 we wan enter so o...u must be sharp o
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by tosyne2much(m): 11:32pm On Dec 24, 2015
AyamConfidence:
lwkmd...abeg go wash am for river o cos na 2016 we wan enter so o...u must be sharp o
Imagine, my head no even boot to drop Xmas thread. E.g 10 Categories Of People That Will Visit You Tomorrow cheesy
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Sochimaobim(m): 11:33pm On Dec 24, 2015
God forbid that I should make my mumsy cry. God forbid!!

1 Like

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Diamonds01(f): 11:33pm On Dec 24, 2015
Ok.
You made a mistake nw it time for you to man up n face it. It might nt b easy.
Go to God in prayers evry day for forgiveness. These things do happened. U neva meant it dat way buh its happened already.
You knw ur d first kid dat lady had n it hurts a lot for her to see u talk to her in d way u did. Buh my dear dnt give up hope keep pressing on and please make sure do do everything u have to so she can forgive u totally. U knw our MOMS prayers n love always kips us going in life.
No mata d height u will b tomoa u won't find peace of mind knwing dat uve got problems with ur mum.
God is a forgiving fada He will see you thru. Keep d fire burning in prayers.

God loves you
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by olawaleqaasim(m): 11:34pm On Dec 24, 2015
Well, @Op, things like that happen, but consider the following:

1. Identify the thing(s) you do/did that usually lead/led to confrontations from her

2. As per this particular case, convince yourself that you were wrong to have shouted at her ( bother less about your having a correct view as per the argument)

3. Give her sometime, like few hours, cos she's still hurt

4a. Tell dad to apologise on your behalf and that she should rescind her deleting you part or;

4b. Man up and go to her, apologise, call her sweet names (I used to call mine, finest girl) and tell her you didn't intend to hurt her, but you just lost control. At the end of the conversation, a peck would do (you don't need to be shy about it)

As per number 1 above, make adult decision to be of good to your parents and lay good path for the juniors, eschew what you probably are not doing right, use the rule of not seeing the advantage from your angle alone, rather consider your life, your family and environment.

Lastly, try to learn to stay quiet whenever any of your parents is trying to make a point. Even if you have a say, make it an explanation not argument.

Calm

3 Likes

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by AyamConfidence(m): 11:36pm On Dec 24, 2015
tosyne2much:
Imagine, my head no even boot to drop Xmas thread. E.g 10 Categories Of People That Will Visit You Tomorrow cheesy
i knw u can do it...just tell me b4 u post so i can beat wristbangle to the FTC prize...e still dey shak me jare
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by tosyne2much(m): 11:39pm On Dec 24, 2015
AyamConfidence:
i knw u can do it...just tell me b4 u post so i can beat wristbangle to the FTC prize...e still dey shak me jare
hahaha cheesy

You wan take the place of Wristbangle? cheesy
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 24, 2015
She's just playing on your emotion, she'll get over it soon enough; that said, you need to be kind to the old folks, there's a lot of blessings in doing so; as per your Mum, let her talk, that's what mom's do.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by me69: 11:41pm On Dec 24, 2015
Parents have a right over you. She's crying because she feels you are getting away from her by screaming back at her and querrelling with her. Every time she shout on you giving her the respect by speaking gently and calming her down or at least just keep quiet will help matters. After all anger it's nothing but a temporary state it will pass she'll always remain your mom.
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by preciousMI1(f): 11:41pm On Dec 24, 2015
son, you betta be calm

1 Like

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by andyanders: 11:41pm On Dec 24, 2015
You have messed up by shouting back to your mother at your age, even if you are forty yrs old.You did wrong and you have to apologize to her.

Who the hell are you to feel too big to the mother that gave birth to you? Be careful because if she lays a curse on you, you are in trouble. Better be careful and ask for her forgiveness, if not, a time will come when you will be married and your children will ride you like a horse and even insult you in the presence of their friends.

Too bad.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by lloydpras: 11:41pm On Dec 24, 2015
Arebay:
Omo ale

Baba u don vex oo grin
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by AyamConfidence(m): 11:42pm On Dec 24, 2015
tosyne2much:
hahaha cheesy

You wan take the place of Wristbangle? cheesy
yes na...e own too much except u want me to believe say na u dey run both accts...(came across that idea from someone)
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by linearity: 11:43pm On Dec 24, 2015
For your mom to have felt/feeling that way, there are a lot of things you are not telling us.

In any case, if things don't work our now as per you guys relations; don't worry too much, if and when you start making your billions, you will definitely be able to mend fences and be mama's beloved again.

Believe me, even for the crowd of 'money does not buy love' on naira...the bible cannot be contracted and the bible says...'money answereth all things'...Eccl. 10:19.

1 Like

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by victorazy(m): 11:46pm On Dec 24, 2015
What can we say! Since u don develop "aji-amu"
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Nobody: 11:46pm On Dec 24, 2015
chuzydon:
Am a guy of 21 from a family of 5, am the eldest, everything used to be fine but the older I grow the more me and my mom seem to be falling apart, today she shouted on me and I shouted back at her very loudly so she left for her room and started crying.

My dad came home from work and she told him everything and my dad asked me to kneel and apologize but my mom was still crying saying I have hurt her a lot with words and all that and even if I become a billionaire tomorrow I shouldn't bother about her that she's cancelled me as her son for good that I don't appreciate her at all.
I don't know how things got so bad to this level and am not even a rough kind of guy, I feel so hurt now and don't even know what to do to make up for things. I just feel like our bond is about to be shattered for good.

pls help I need reasonable advice i don't understand what's going on anymore .

one thing I'm sure about is that every family have there own problems.

Just try and stop being rude and this time go on lowkey things.
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by DISTINGUISHED(m): 11:46pm On Dec 24, 2015
Leave her alone for now,
Go back the next two days and beg again; if still abortive, call your pastor.

and you,
Be guided, no de carry mumsy de form rude boi
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by drake2(m): 11:46pm On Dec 24, 2015
I am hastily typing ds message without reading all wonderful comments made so far.

Op, ur mother is d best person in ur life no matter what. wanted to type more, but feeling so mad at u. How kud u scream or shout at mommy? please love her

1 Like

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by tosyne2much(m): 11:51pm On Dec 24, 2015
AyamConfidence:
yes na...e own too much except u want me to believe say na u dey run both accts...(came across that idea from someone)
Seriously ? shocked
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Daraph(m): 11:51pm On Dec 24, 2015
Try to consult ifa.... Your problem with your mother isn't something that can be solved on Nairaland.
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Arebay(m): 11:51pm On Dec 24, 2015
lloydpras:

Baba u don vex oo grin

His mum deserves more mhen

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? / 5 Sure Ways To Stop Feeling Insecure In Your Relationships / How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.