Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,382 members, 7,853,701 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:00 PM

I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" (15485 Views)

5 Benefits Of Attending Church / I Think Christians In The Core North Should Stop Attending Church For Now. / The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by pilgrim1(f): 6:20pm On Jun 13, 2009
ttalks:

So you do not think that it's pretty too much for a new comer to start up with such heavy language?
Don't u think it's bad that the new comer has imbibed the bad habits popular in NL?
And such a person should not be chided?

But I agreed wid U na. .  embarassed

ttalks:
angry
I'm definitely going to tell mummy for you; no holding back this time.  grin

oh my goodness. I don hear helele! embarassed
What can I do to beg U na. . I still dey beg O! tongue
True, I dey beg sir!
grin cheesy
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by petres007(m): 7:59pm On Jun 13, 2009
Dear Pilgrim,

I give up. You win.

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by na2day2(m): 8:00pm On Jun 13, 2009
petres_007:

Dear Pilgrim,

I give up. You win.

its alright, dont take it 2 hard on urself, sum1 had to wave the white flag at some point grin grin grin
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 13, 2009
This has become an "i'm right, you're wrong" debate. I doubt the OP is talking about refusing to fellowship with brethren of like-mind forever, it is instructive that he used the term "institutionalized christianity" . . . its not the same as saying "church altogether". A lot of us are too comfortable in out beautiful church pews, grandiose steeples (popularly known as the house of God) and magnificent music bands that when someone comes along to challenge us we get defensive.

Luke 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

2 Thes 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

The number of people who congregate at Shiloh alone every year shld have made these 2 verses above a LIE. The fact however is that not all who call unto Him Lord Lord are truly saved. Our church institutions are now models of man's greed rather than the Lord's grace.

I was raised in small fellowship groups of sometimes no more than 20 pple at a time, there was no sugarcoating of the truth, no forcing us to part with our hard-earned money to "bless" the man of Gawd with the latest private jets, no politically correct sermons especially when corrupt politicians have front row seats in your temples of mammon, no sweet delusions that make sinners comfortable in the house of the Lord.

I dont read anywhere that either the OP or TV01 have said they have the absolute truth on the word of God, they have simply expressed their opinions. Sadly i think they are RIGHT!
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by pilgrim1(f): 9:42pm On Jun 13, 2009
David,

How body? I understand your concerns, and I'm not the only one who does. I sometimes wonder if people who put up concerns as you do ever take the time to see and appreciate the perspectives of those who were not raised in "small groups". This sentimentality (rather 'complaints') against Christians meeting in large buildings is often misplaced and stretched too far as to make people wonder about statements like this:

davidylan:

Our church institutions are now models of man's greed rather than the Lord's grace.

What exactly do you mean by "our church institutions"? You see, when careless statements like these are made, people tend to comment for perhaps one purpose: to show that statement is not true and very unhealthy. There are many "church institutions" even in the USA that are very involved in ministry that have nothing to do with greed - and they are not few! If you only took time to search them out, you would find them.

Yes, there was a time when I used to be like you: sit for hours glued to some TV station where 'prosperity pimps' (as they're called) would advertise their business. Was it any wonder that I would get up from such presentations and feel so dry that I wondered if "any church" ever preached the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It didn't take long before I saw how wrong I was - for indeed, there were MANY, MANY churches and ministries that a thoughtful Christian could not accuse with such 'greed' and other complaints. We should be thankful to them, because in so many ways God has blessed us through them, even though they are not 100% "perfect" according to our own subjective evaluation.

What we call "our church institutions" involves more than you were likely to have assumed. We have problems, yes indeed; and na we ourselves suppose solve our problems by discussing in a healthy manner. There's just no room for this broad generalizations that tend to be too inclusive as to border on 'guilt by association'. Perhaps we may get to discuss more - and I could recommend so many, many such institutions, ministries and churches that we ought to be careful how we talk about these issues.

Shalom.
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by Synthase(m): 9:44pm On Jun 13, 2009
Yeee!! See me see trouble o person wan leave church person dey announce 4 NL LWKMD, se u dey look 4 accomplice ni or u dey introduce ur own gosple of ''bad institutionalise church'' dem don talk am b4 na so new church dey start consider petres abi na wetin be him name sef dey introduce him own no tithe/offering church, u see grin that's how they start with that notion,i actually found my sef in such church with d name ''so so and so ministries'' (name and surname of owner ministries) he preaches no offering of any form initially,he started expanding then changed his scope to keeping a basket at a secluded corner in d church auditorium then introduces 'giving messages' u can imagine where he goes next and looking at d mode of worship/doctrine u can predict which of d major pentecostal churches in 9ja he broke out from and such is d case i am perceiving from apostle peter d writer of 3rd epistle of peter on NL cheesy
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by pilgrim1(f): 9:46pm On Jun 13, 2009
petres_007:

Dear Pilgrim,

I give up. You win.

Peter, my bros, abge I no mean to be naughty, trust me. I don beg tire - ask ttalks! cheesy

Perhaps I went off the curve, and I can admit where I was wrong. The thing is that the group you were speaking about and favouring is not new to me. . . I was very involved with a lot of them, until I saw something that just didn't match up somewhere. But would I speak down on them? No; and I'm trying to discourage this 'HCM' thingy from the mistake of assuming too many things. Blessings. wink
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 13, 2009
pilgrim.1:

David,

How body? I understand your concerns, and I'm not the only one who does. I sometimes wonder if people who put up concerns as you do ever take the time to see and appreciate the perspectives of those who were not raised in "small groups". This sentimentality (rather 'complaints') against Christians meeting in large buildings is often misplaced and stretched too far as to make people wonder about statements like this:

thou doth protest too much. I was raised in a small church group but have always attended much larger church groups since i started going to college. My present church has thousands in attendance every sunday and i'm comfortable there for one reason - the word is preached there.

The issue is not a blanket condemnation of large churches as most of you here simply assume without any basis.

pilgrim.1:

What exactly do you mean by "our church institutions"? You see, when careless statements like these are made, people tend to comment for perhaps one purpose: to show that statement is not true and very unhealthy. There are many "church institutions" even in the USA that are very involved in ministry that have nothing to do with greed - and they are not few! If you only took time to search them out, you would find them.

the term "our church institutions" does not equate to ALL church institutions.

pilgrim.1:

Yes, there was a time when I used to be like you: sit for hours glued to some TV station where 'prosperity pimps' (as they're called) would advertise their business. Was it any wonder that I would get up from such presentations and feel so dry that I wondered if "any church" ever preached the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It didn't take long before I saw how wrong I was - for indeed, there were MANY, MANY churches and ministries that a thoughtful Christian could not accuse with such 'greed' and other complaints. We should be thankful to them, because in so many ways God has blessed us through them, even though they are not 100% "perfect" according to our own subjective evaluation.

What we call "our church institutions" involves more than you were likely to have assumed. We have problems, yes indeed; and na we ourselves suppose solve our problems by discussing in a healthy manner. There's just no room for this broad generalizations that tend to be too inclusive as to border on 'guilt by association'. Perhaps we may get to discuss more - and I could recommend so many, many such institutions, ministries and churches that we ought to be careful how we talk about these issues.

Shalom.

We already know. And i mentioned that in an earlier post . . . read my response to fyneguy's question.

The fact that the vast majority of the churches we once looked up to are today monuments of pharisaic decay is precisely what the OP and TV01 were addressing, i agree with them too. It doesnt mean we have abandoned church altogether.
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 13, 2009
Again i am more concerned with the precise wording of the title - [size=18pt]I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church"[/size]

Note that "church" there was put in inverted commas.
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by pilgrim1(f): 10:04pm On Jun 13, 2009
davidylan:

thou doth protest too much. I was raised in a small church group but have always attended much larger church groups since i started going to college. My present church has thousands in attendance every sunday and i'm comfortable there for one reason - the word is preached there.

I for one am very comfortable with being corrected; so thank you. wink I do hope that your large church with thousands would not be considered another 'institutionalized' outfit though, otherwise that would be another episode for you to sort out.

davidylan:

The issue is not a blanket condemnation of large churches as most of you here simply assume without any basis.

Glad to know that you make the distinction; and it is not for unfounded reasons that several people have expressed their concerns about such unwarranted broad condemnations.

davidylan:

the term "our church institutions" does not equate to ALL church institutions.

Good one - that's why you ought to clearly contextualize your statements.

davidylan:

We already know. And i mentioned that in an earlier post . . . read my response to fyneguy's question.

I did, and my highlighting it again was to help those who still have their minds on far-fetched generalizations.

davidylan:

The fact that the vast majority of the churches we once looked up to are today monuments of pharisaic decay is precisely what the OP and TV01 were addressing, i agree with them too. It doesnt mean we have abandoned church altogether.

I don't think I ever intoned that you've abandoned church - did I? It would only be fair that you also took time to look at what others are saying and not assume what they haven't said.
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by na2day2(m): 10:05pm On Jun 13, 2009
davidylan:

Again i am more concerned with the precise wording of the title - [size=18pt]I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church"[/size]

english is full of ambiguous statements, "church" in that sentence would mean alot more than just that kinda church
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by pilgrim1(f): 10:06pm On Jun 13, 2009
davidylan:

Screaming it does not make any difference - whether church was put in inverted commas or not is inconsequential. But again, it takes nothing away from what you're concerned with.
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by md4real(m): 11:01pm On Jun 13, 2009
sounds nice. there is salvation everywhere even in the toilet. just believe!
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by na2day2(m): 11:13pm On Jun 13, 2009
md4real:

sounds nice. there is salvation everywhere even in the toilet. just believe!

LOL!
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by Nobody: 1:16am On Jun 14, 2009
@Petres

@Stillwater
At least you admit it was prophesied in the bible. But you're wrong in saying that no where is it written that believers are to leave places where the truth is not being taught. The bible is replete with warnings to stay away from people who teach anything different from what the apostles taught. I read your comment which I've quoted above, and couldn't stop shaking my head in wonder. Or maybe you've not noticed that much of the teachings and practices of the church of today is way out of line from what we find in the scriptures. What makes the deception so great is that these men also use the bible (by of course, twisting it and lifting verses out of context etc.) to teach these things, so its sort of hard to pick out the errors. I ask you to please study your bible. Please. Its so important.

Naa you clearly misinterpreted what I meant. Staying away from people deviating from the word does not mean you totally discard the church as the poster's implying when there are other options. It might sound so rosy to the poster right now but I tell you there's a tendency to backslide. Leaving the church is not the answer, but finding a better place. Or are you trying to tell me there's no bible believing church again that the poster can worship?
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by Nobody: 3:13am On Jun 14, 2009
stillwater:

@Petres

Naa you clearly misinterpreted what I meant. Staying away from people deviating from the word does not mean you totally discard the church as the poster's implying when there are other options. It might sound so rosy to the poster right now but I tell you there's a tendency to backslide. Leaving the church is not the answer, but finding a better place. Or are you trying to tell me there's no bible believing church again that the poster can worship?

this is part of the misconception that worries me. where did the poster say he was "totally discarding" the church? Did you people not read that he placed "church" in inverted commas or see where he qualified the "church" as "institutionalised"?
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by sosisi(f): 3:25am On Jun 14, 2009
David,have you read this guy's posts on other threads.Don't be deceived by his commas.
He is a Church critic and his mission is singular.

let's see his initial post again.

As a gospel believing christian i have always yearned to know God better and to understand his perfect will for my self and his purpose for the existence of man. over the years i have studied various countless christian literature both biblical and historical i have sort to understand what exactly the gospel of christ was all about and i realize it has always been there very obvious in the bible glaring at us all in the face yet we all conviniently choose to ignore it and the so-called church that is meant to mentor us in the understanding of the word is obviously to busy promoting the agenda of it's promoters to point out this obvious truths to us and let us grow in spirit the way it was taught in the bible.

To cut the long story short i have come to the realization with a renewed conviction that there is no church i am aware of today that is doing the will of our lord Jesus christ and the churches we have today are a marked departure from the churches founded by the apostles. That is apart from the fact that[b] church buildings[temples] were done away with in the new testament[/b]. I know[b] i would never be fully able to explain the reasons for my decision to people on this forum but i can asure you it is 100% biblical[/b] for now i would leave you guys with this write up with my brother TVO1 shared with me

Check it out
Pay attention to the highlighted part
and the beginning of most of his sentences
what do you see?
a series of "I have found out"
"I have come to realize"
"I" this
"I" that.
It is all about him
Then see the phrase in red
Does that sound to you like a man who is teachable?
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by sosisi(f): 3:47am On Jun 14, 2009
TV01:

Hi All,

I tust this finds everyone well.

I haven't posted for a while and the frequency of my posting is greatly reduced. Having said that, I still visit as often as I ever did, following any thread that catches my attention, but for the most part being content to reflect on the views of others.

I have followed this thread from the beginning and was again planning - and happy - to remain on the sidelines and hear other express their views.

I'm neither seeking a high profile or attention, so I would really rather I was personally left out of this. Having said that I took no issue with Kunle making mention of me during the discourse, after all I have no reason to believe his intent was in any way malicious. Neither will I object to anyone referencing anything I've published or even personally discussed, as long as it is accurately quoted and contextualised.

So I'm posting for two reasons;

The first is to respond to $osisi' post - #158 - earlier today.

Hi $osisi, I hope you are well. We have had very little interaction on NL and not directly for some time. We both have a body of postings and I'm sure have had occassion to read each others entries. I must say I'm rather saddened by your post earlier today and I'll explain why.

As an entre intended to both wound and calumnise, could you have done much better? Your pointedly referencing and ascribing a "form" of Christianity to both Kunle and myself is at best religiously censorious. Which would suggest you are an arbiter of what are "true" and "form" strains of Christianity. At the very least if you are allowed to express you opinion - wrightly or wrongly - about individuals, does not Kunle have the same right to express his opinion about strains of denominationalism or worship traditions?

I can only shake my head in wonder here, as I have never once suggested anything remotely like that. Wonder as you cannot fail to understand exactly what you are doing here, by falsely ascribing to me a stance I have never taken.

And for the record I will state here; simply I'm still on my journey. Neither do I believe that doctrinal excellence or scriptural supremacy is key. I am always ready to be disabused of any wrong notions I may hold, but please address the notions and refrain from ad hominen invective.

Again, you maliciously ascribe something to me that cannot be verified. I have my understanding and position on certain religious or faith practices and doctrine, but would you disallow me that? Or am I obliged to confer and agree with you on every point?

Not content to falsely ascribe things to me and take issue because I have expressed an opinon, you progress to labelling me heretical and a probable cultist. Are you trying to flatter me wink?

Both wierd and funny?? - In a sense, isn't Kunle on the verge of leaving your "fold"? Why not encourage him/us? Shouldn't you be glad?

And in all the religious landscape, are you sure its TV and Kunosh the Bible is warning you against? Two individuals without profiles, no following, no platforms, no power, influence and dare I say wealth. Who are not soliciting for followers or seeking to establish - neither belong too - a denomination or institutional church?? Or asking that you subscribe to their beliefs/doctrines or follow their paths or asking for your resources? Please don't take my word for it $osisi, but I'd say no! grin!

Eeeerrr, my desire to impress you exactly matches my desire to decieve you. No prizes.

So then, is perdition your prognosis?

Lots has been said on the word "perfection" in relation to believers and the church in this thread and I was briefly tempted to write on that very point. I yet may.

All Kunosh has said - and please correct me if I am wrong - is that the various forms of institutionalised religious christianity are in his view so far removed from the scriptural blueprint that he has doubt if they are still in essence the true church refered too. Ergo, he may no longer worship in that setting.

He did not say he no longer believed, he did not say he would no longer fellowship, he did not say he was seeking perfect people or a perfect church. If your view is that he is in error or danger, why not show him scripturally why that is the case? Why not address the issue, possibly delivering him and others in the same position.

I missed the bit where you actually referred to the topic or addressed the issue? Your intent becomes even more obvious. The effect? On me personally zilch. Some may be wrongly coloured in their opinion of me - but again for my own sake, no qualms.

$osisi I bear you no malice or ill-will, indeed my desire for you remains the same as for everyone - that we all seek and find the truth of God in Christ Jesus.

The second is to say if anyone would like to quote me, please take time to do so faithfully. Or just ask and I'll happily answer as best I can.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

God bless
TV

Sincerely and from my heart,if I didn't love you,I wouldn't care to say a thing.
The only thing I plead is that you and your friend step back and sincerely ask the Holy Spirit for direction.
That is something I haven't seen mentioned in any of Kunleoshobs posts
Like Kunle,I also don't think tithing and God punishing people for not tithing is Biblical but I cannot tell you I have sealed my mind concerning a counter opinion neither would I condemn and disparage tithers and Pastors who preach on that.
To what advantage is it ?
What purpose does one achieve by bad mouthing the Church of Christ whom Christ died for.
If you are so concerned about the Church,fall on your knees and pray
Your prayer will avail much if you believe
But coming on the internet chiefly to talk ill of the Church will not do anyone any good.
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by sosisi(f): 3:50am On Jun 14, 2009
wow! nice post, i am already in love with u and it has nothing to do with that delicious good looking egusi soup on ur profile

grin
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by na2day2(m): 4:03am On Jun 14, 2009
$osisi:

grin

wink wink wink
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by pilgrim1(f): 8:35am On Jun 14, 2009
$osisi:

David,have you read this guy's posts on other threads.Don't be deceived by his commas.
He is a Church critic and his mission is singular.

Gbam. cheesy
Such 'inverted commas' or not are not going to confuse people or make excuses where there should be none. Even with inverted commas, what is someone to make by the bold qualifier that lumps churches in this manner --

To cut the long story short i have come to the realization with a renewed conviction that there is no church i am aware of today that is doing the will of our lord Jesus christ and the churches we have today are a marked departure from the churches founded by the apostles.

We're quite aware that the OP has himself said this -

I would never start a church as it is being done today. There is only one true church that was established by christ himself any other one is a counterfeit. However i would seek out true believers who earnestly seek to know God and his will for us and i would fellowship with them this way we would be able to "exhort one and other" and also "not forsake the assembly of believers.

Now, the issue is not about 'inverted commas' etc - that is a non-issue that does not excuse anything here. Even when one may argue that the concern is about 'Institutionalized Christianity', is it not plain that the very things he complains against are the same things that will be found in the group he might be seeking to fellowship with? What makes his own group of "exhorting one another" to be any different from other churhes labelled as "institutionalized Christianity"? Go back to the first page and see TV01's occupation with buildings - as if small groups meet in a vacuum and not in buildings!!

There are many problems in many churches - we all have them. It does not mean that unhealthy issues should be ignored, but it certainly does not establish 'guilt by association'. Some problems should not be stretched to make it a matter of "no church" or "our church institutions" or yet "the churches we have today". It's only a matter of time - when closely examined, one would find that the complaints in this thread are the very things that obtain in the complainant's own 'small groups'. As $osisi astutely observed, bad-mouthing the Church (no 'inverted commas' excuses) does no one any good.
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by dexmond: 9:37am On Jun 14, 2009
@ Poster

The first thing I will like to find out is "if You have experienced the first work of grace i.e REGENERATION (being born-again)". If yes, "was their a renewal of your mind which enables the truely born-again to crave fellowship with God and the people of God?". If you are not yet born-again, serving God will be mechanical-for you have not yet received grace for service.

However, If you are really sincere, then pray that God should open your eyes to see the church where you can attend. There are still 7000 men who have not bowed their kneed unto baal beside Elijah (1 Kings 19:18 ). Moreover, I suggest that you try The Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement.

That doctrine that attending church is not necessary is from the pit of hell.

Hebrews 10:25
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
[size=8pt][/size]

Below are some bible verses which show that there was organised fellowship during the early church.

Acts 2:47 
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Acts 5:11
And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things.

Acts 7:38
This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

Acts 8:1
And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.

Acts 8:3
As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.

Acts 9:31
Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.

Acts 11:22
Then tidings of these things came unto the ears of the church which was in Jerusalem: and they sent forth Barnabas, that he should go as far as Antioch.

Acts 11:26 
And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Acts 12:1
Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church.

Acts 12:5
Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.

Acts 13:1 
Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.

Acts 14:23
And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed.

Acts 15:4
And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and of the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them.

Acts 15:22
Then pleased it the apostles and elders with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas and Silas, chief men among the brethren:

Acts 15:41
And he went through Syria and Cilicia, confirming the churches.

Acts 16:5
And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.

Acts 18:22
And when he had landed at Caesarea, and gone up, and saluted the church, he went down to Antioch.

Acts 19:37
For ye have brought hither these men, which are neither robbers of churches, nor yet blasphemers of your goddess.

Acts 20:17 
And from Miletus he sent to Ephesus, and called the elders of the church.

Acts 20:28
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Romans 16:1 
I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by Lady2(f): 8:55pm On Jun 14, 2009
"~lady~": You don't need a "church" to "commune" but rather to fellowship which you can do with like minded folks even in your basement as our good Lord already assured us that "where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there".

Unfortunately this is an ideology that isn't found in the Bible. The Church is One as Christ prayed for it, none of the churches in the Bible decide to get together by themselves and start communing by themselves while disregarding the other churches. All local Churches had leaders, appointed leaders with the hands of the apostles laid on them.

So yes you very much need the Church to commune. You cannot separate the body of christ because you as a person are unable to accept the truth that she teaches.
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 14, 2009
~Lady~:

Unfortunately this is an ideology that isn't found in the Bible. The Church is One as Christ prayed for it, none of the churches in the Bible decide to get together by themselves and start communing by themselves while disregarding the other churches. All local Churches had leaders, appointed leaders with the hands of the apostles laid on them.

So yes you very much need the Church to commune. You cannot separate the body of christ because you as a person are unable to accept the truth that she teaches.

That's because they were all in one accord . . . unlike the churches of today where its me . . . me and myself.
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by Lady2(f): 9:11pm On Jun 14, 2009
That's because they were all in one accord . . . unlike the churches of today where its me . . . me and myself.

EXACTLY!!!

The Church is not selfish it is about all around the world, we share the same belief, and commune together even if we are miles apart.
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by Idahsteve: 10:03pm On Jun 14, 2009
I just hope Africans would realise that at every stage of civilisation new forms of political systems designed for slavery/colonisation emerges and which are designed to check and control freedom,dignity of fellow man, it was the roman system of enslaving the world before king James had to reduce the books into 66 books to make it suitable to govern his people. they were all political systems.

In modern civilisation there are clamour for institutions that respects freedom and dignity of fellow men and which have been observed as absolutely absent from known religion as practised around, it has been abused to the extent that pastors who claimed holiness now flogs members claiming deliverance.

I think these are becoming outdated as people are now waking up from their slumbers, poverty has been the major cause because they are enslaved by the promise of miraculous blessings, breakthroughs, and prosperity without hardwork and good vision for themselves. those that can't get immediate breakthroughs are told to re-enforce tithing.(blackmail)

Some pastors have gone into aggressive revenue drive by inviting international stars to their church to attract more attendance leading to more offerings and tithe collections, even inviting R. Kelly of sex in the kitchen fame to their holy house of God claiming the Storm is over.

I think to live a better life we should embrace true democracy as practised in the USA where a governor caught with a girl can be impeached, which demonstrate the sancrosant morals that is required for our present civilisation. A kind of democracy that respect the dignity of fellow man. and where the ten commandment is the truthful applications of the rule of law. these will lead us back to serving God in spirit and truth.

With the efforts of America i see democracy as the emerging and universal religion for modern civilisation.

stephen idahosa
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by fayahsoul: 1:01am On Jun 15, 2009
These hypocritical christians don't know that the "Jesus" of their bible is the "Sun of God" and not the "Son of God."

The helios biblios/holy bible is based on astrology/astro-logic and human physiology and was written allegorically but these hopeless christians take it literally. Your Jesus is the same old solar diety(supreme deity)from canaan(El), kemet(Ra), Biafra(Anyanwu) etc but this deity was personified in the person of Jesus at the council of nicea in 325ad for political reasons.

How can an omnipresent being that is formless have a child? How can an omnipresent being exist outside of its creation? Let's be sensible. The God of the Bible(yaweh) is not the supreme being because that being has a gender, has human emotions(jealousy), can reproduce with a human and has an external inter-personal relationship with humans. Yaweh is like a deity such as amadioha or sango but he's a fabricated diety of  the israelites.

The original historical trinity of Afurakans was the black family(ausar, aset and heru) and not the current trinity that these homosexual indo-europeans imposed on our ancestors where motherhood/Goddesshood was removed from the picture. The bible is not a book, rather it's a compilation of books; a literary patch work taken from ancient afurakan spiritual sytems and from which over 30 books were excluded for obvious reasons.

Most of y'all read the king james version but i bet that none of y'all know who that white devil was. 

You white washed/arabized negros need to get back to the source and stop messing around with these adultrated imports.

Mugu!
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by na2day2(m): 1:05am On Jun 15, 2009
to the idiot above, for the next 5mins,  i have a complain to render to God, why the heck did he make u a human? and if it is not his fault but evolution's as they told us, then i need to talk to Darwin asap!  angry angry angry angry
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by timmy7(m): 7:09am On Jun 15, 2009
To d opolocious (2much brain) person above, thumbs up grin cheesy anyanwu ko, okechukwu ni angry
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by richjohn1(m): 7:58am On Jun 15, 2009
pilgrim pilgrim I dey enjoy you, you too much but why you borne me now? wink
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by pilgrim1(f): 9:07am On Jun 15, 2009
rich_john:

pilgrim pilgrim I dey enjoy you, you too much but why you borne me now? wink

Oga rich_john, abeg no vex. My apologies plenty, but I ask for forgiveness - I no bone you. embarassed
I had loads of time over the weekend, but was using it to reply so many emails just to reduce
the number of waiting mails. . . I go yan you more offline. Once again, abeg no vex. wink
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by Truthonly(m): 10:53am On Jun 15, 2009
Once again, I say go for knowledge, Flee this ignorance. Its so clear in scripture;

EPHESIANS 4:11-13
11] And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
[12] For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
[13] Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ

So the saints are not perfect and that is why the pastors, teachers etc where given, if you leave church, what hope do you then have to reach God's goal for you (His church). Mind you the church isn't a building, its the body of Jesus which is you and I. Jesus is the head, we are His body (Colossians 1:18-[18] And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

The church as a whole is a growing body, growing to maturity and you have your role to play in this process. Don't be left out!

WHAT IS THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST?

I JOHN 5: 11-14
[11] And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
[12] He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
[13] These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know / God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye / Which Pastor Inspires You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.