Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,548 members, 7,816,334 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding (33649 Views)

Groom Crying On His Wedding, What May Be Wrong? / Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! / Guy Shares Pics With Cousin & People Are Reacting With The Way He Is Holding Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by missionmex(m): 9:01am On Dec 25, 2015
A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage.

4 Likes

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 25, 2015
Okay
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by philfrey08: 9:02am On Dec 25, 2015
VampireeM:
IMO, he is just looking for an excuse to call it quits and not cause of the household items stuffs

A woman whose not concerned about household stuff but her beauty alone CANT make a good wife

5 Likes

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by oforij(m): 9:05am On Dec 25, 2015
@bros, its not in anyway flimsy. It's obvious she's not ready 4 marriage.
You dont expect a lady with marriage based orientation to have nothing as savings after working for two years, and let alone does'nt even have a clue about 'Kitchen ethics'
marriage is a thing of self compromise...

4 Likes

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by ultimate77(m): 9:06am On Dec 25, 2015
Trunaijian:
Its not flimsy. Your friend isn't comfortable with her personality then why marry her? She is not going to change and isnt willing to give it a try. He had better look for someone who he is comfortable with. Believe me, I speak from experience.
gbam!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Psalm18: 9:07am On Dec 25, 2015
Hmmm sad
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by shabbey09: 9:07am On Dec 25, 2015
Na wa oh, men are different sha, my husband didn't want me to bring a single pin to his house. Infact I had to dash out my fridge and TV.

It's not enough reason abeg. He should only talk to her to have a saving culture.

4 Likes

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Psalm18: 9:07am On Dec 25, 2015
missionmex:
A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage.
True
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 25, 2015
nonsense
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by otiigba1(m): 9:08am On Dec 25, 2015
GOOD! Idea! Tell him to hurry up, before he makes the biggest mistake of his life, by getting himselve tied down with some ugly and wicked biatch! grin angry
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by AllenCEO1: 9:10am On Dec 25, 2015
End time wedding
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Sahaboi(m): 9:11am On Dec 25, 2015
End time excuse
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 25, 2015
wwwkaycom:
He met his fiancee in their school, she's one of the choir sisters in their fellowship choir. They started their love affairs in 2014 and would like to get married mid-2016. The big issue according to him is that the lady don't seem to be prepared for marriage, even though she's working, she hasn't gotten anything to show that she's working towards marriage in 2 years not to talk of the next 6 months.

He said she spends her money on clothes, shoes and jewelries but recently served him and one of his friends food with the stainless plate that they use in her home, he said he felt humbled when his friend politely turned down the food.

This guy believes that his fiancee by now ought to have invested on kitchen wares, plates, cutleries etc. He said he had actually started buying these stuffs without informing her but is now of the opinion that the lady may not change in marriage. I have asked him to talk it over with his fiancee which he did but he said she told him point blank that that is his responsibility. He has already diverted the money he was saving for the wedding to landed property, saying he will begin to look out for another lady. My plea fell on his deaf ears.

My take dear nairalanders is that the issue is just too flimsy to warrant separation at this stage, what do you think about it?
married her and see the living hell of your life.

that WOMAN IS too young for her thinking and haven't fit to be wife, forget her and find another woman while she learn the lesson of her life.

foolish WOMEN everywhere!

5 Likes

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 25, 2015
The earlier the better.... Your cousin his right, the lady is not ripe for marriage..

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by watered(m): 9:12am On Dec 25, 2015
I must say I didn't even bother to read your post because I'm of the opinion that. 'Broken relationship is better than broken marriage'. If he feels for whatever reason(s) he doesn't love her anymore and wants to call off the supposed wedding he should do so to avoid being enlisted among the long list of divorces.

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by passionate88: 9:12am On Dec 25, 2015
VampireeM:

Everyone has their priorities though am not saying what the lady is doing is good. I ve a friend like that and her man aint complaining. Most of the time most ladies dont feel the need to buy all those gadgets.. I for example cant get a microwave and co for myself as a single lady unless I need it.. I buy what I need.. Men are different esp the ones that wants to settle down soon.. they start buying those things they will need in the home/marriage. Your friend should talk to her cause to me a lady not buying those things aint a sign she is not ready for marriage.
He also said she uses her money only for material things.
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 25, 2015
VampireeM:
IMO, he is just looking for an excuse to call it quits and not cause of the household items stuffs

Really? That's what u think? A woman who can't handle her finances, how will she handle that of a family. Don't be surprised that she'll use money for family upkeep for jewelries and bags and tell the husband to bring another one.

Well your opinion though, from a woman's point of view. It is respected.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by dominique(f): 9:14am On Dec 25, 2015
Before he breaks up with her, he should first give her an ultimatum; Set your priorities right, adjust your attitude or the relationship is over! The way she'll change wi be like film trick. Nobody will want to face the humiliation of a broken engagement. For the fact that he has been with her for almost 2 years and is contemplating marriage, that means something must have attracted her to him. He should help her work in correcting her imperfections. That's what love and companionship is all about.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by MANOSUB(m): 9:14am On Dec 25, 2015
Maybe God wants him to acquire a landed property first before thinking who to marry
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 25, 2015
shabbey09:
Na wa oh, men are different sha, my husband didn't want me to bring a single pin to his house. Infact I had to dash out my fridge and TV.

It's not enough reason abeg. He should only talk to her to have a saving culture.

At least you wanted to but he refuse, the lady in question feel it's not her duty to buy all those things..

Believe me, her type will have millions but will refuse to help her husband in time of need....

It is good to pay attention to certain things before it gets out of hand

5 Likes

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 25, 2015
They should sort everything out b4 marriage.
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by badonkadonk: 9:15am On Dec 25, 2015
wwwkaycom:

This guy believes that his fiancee by now ought to have invested on kitchen wares, plates, cutleries etc. He said he had actually started buying these stuffs without informing her but is now of the opinion that the lady may not change in marriage. I have asked him to talk it over with his fiancee which he did but he said she told him point blank that that is his responsibility. He has already diverted the money he was saving for the wedding to landed property, saying he will begin to look out for another lady. My plea fell on his deaf ears.

I gbadun this your friend jere.. Ex the babe before she begin tell am say na im responsibility to go market shop for foodstuff...

Some women sef... Once had a babe that said cos rice is her favorite food na only rice she go dey cook for me chop.. I say talk tru?

I convert her status from staylite to come and go straight... No tym o...

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by ify84(m): 9:17am On Dec 25, 2015
The guy should look for another tangible reason... This is no reason to call off a marriage.
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by jopretty(f): 9:18am On Dec 25, 2015
If we demand the guy must have some things to show he's man enuf una go call us gold diggers. So because she hasn't started buying those stuffs means she's not ready for marriage? What if she's saving towards then without his knowledge?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by banio: 9:18am On Dec 25, 2015
Run away from a manipulative lady. She will manipulate you to your grave. A lady that will manipulate U to buy kitchen Utensils. She will also manipulate U into going to the market and serving her meals. Her reason, this is 21st century, husbands cook for their family

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by jopretty(f): 9:19am On Dec 25, 2015
ify84:
The guy should look for another tangible reason... This is no reason to call off a marriage.
my thought exactly.
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by ashatoda: 9:22am On Dec 25, 2015
Look dont let us be sentimental, lets call a spade a spade, she is not ready 4 marriage. If u see a lady dat believes it is d responsibility of a man to shoulder all responsibilcties know 4 sure dat if u marry her dere wil be serious conflict in future. Yea it is d responsibility of a man to provide, lets nt play hypocrisy wit d truth no man can carry d burden we need each odas input to av a succesful and hapi home. Ask her dat is her father d only one shouldering d responsibilities. Mothers are d homemakers and dey bear a lot if d woman of d house now tells u dat she wont be able to assist it wil lead to problems later. It is d duty of d woman to buy d dishes and oda little kitchen tins aw many tins do u tink a man wil tink of it is d constitution of d lady. Wat i bliv he should do is sit her down and av a heartfelt talk she myt nt be aware of d importance of dis. He culd also use one of d elderly women either in d lady's family or church dat she respects dat wil counsel her, if she den fails to change he can den take wateva step he wish

6 Likes

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by misspicy2(f): 9:22am On Dec 25, 2015
wwwkaycom:
He met his fiancee in their school, she's one of the choir sisters in their fellowship choir. They started their love affairs in 2014 and would like to get married mid-2016. The big issue according to him is that the lady don't seem to be prepared for marriage, even though she's working, she hasn't gotten anything to show that she's working towards marriage in 2 years not to talk of the next 6 months.

He said she spends her money on clothes, shoes and jewelries but recently served him and one of his friends food with the stainless plate that they use in her home, he said he felt humbled when his friend politely turned down the food.

My take dear nairalanders is that the issue is just too flimsy to warrant separation at this stage, what do you think about it?
my brother he is doing the right thing,yes I said that

even me that am still some years before marriage have this kitchen things I started buying

and the fact that she said its his duty shows that she will be a liability

apart from that,its a normal thing for the bride to take kitchen wares to husband house in my culture,I don't know your culture sha

but all my elder ones went to their husband house with kitchen wares,and equipments

5 Likes

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 25, 2015
VampireeM:

Everyone has their priorities though am not saying what the lady is doing is good. Most of the time most ladies dont feel the need to buy all those gadgets.. I for example cant get a microwave and co for myself as a single lady unless I need it.. I buy what I need.. Men are different esp the ones that wants to settle down soon.. they start buying those things they will need in the home/marriage. Your friend should talk to her cause to me a lady not buying those things aint a sign she is not ready for marriage.
One cant help but to respect your dumbness. It is indeed spectacular
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Cutehector(m): 9:23am On Dec 25, 2015
wwwkaycom:

it is not very flimsy to warrant separation jor. U dnt marry out of pity! Neva mk dat mistakes, couples out thr been calling off their wedding a day to the wedding so..

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Halen(f): 9:23am On Dec 25, 2015
A broken engagement is much more better than a broken marriage. Some gals sha!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child / Bob-manuel Don-christian: 'My Wife Had A Son For Another Man' / Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: Are You Your Baby’s Daddy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.