Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,120 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding (33645 Views)

Groom Crying On His Wedding, What May Be Wrong? / Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! / Guy Shares Pics With Cousin & People Are Reacting With The Way He Is Holding Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by kolawolepeters(m): 2:51pm On Dec 25, 2015
Having gone through numerous intelligent comments in here, I'll still like to say this even though it's a known fact; Marriage does not change human. If she's not willing to change now, even after he'd talked things through with her, I see no reason why your cousin should proceed with the wedding arrangements.

Let me be blunt; it's suicidal..

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by tefund(m): 3:00pm On Dec 25, 2015
iykedare:

These nairaland women will fry your skull for this.
make dem no catch u
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Fourwinds: 3:04pm On Dec 25, 2015
avicky:

Oh really? But she needs all the clothes and shoes and can't afford a decent and classy China plate or dining set for meals?

Op, tell your cousin to move on. She's not physically ready. When i was single, I know how many kitchen gadgets i bought and kept to take along to hubby's house.
my sister. u can see ur fellow women how they reason ooo. .. thank God u are a woman and can see clearly. ..most ladies in relationship are not prepare mentally.. even d working class., are not financially prepared.. .only buying clothes., shoes., jeweries... common bowl to serve. food they don't have....

d ladies I have dated I feel shock when I ask them certain questions and cannt provide answers...before I graduated I was already thinking about strategies of getting job...u don't wait until u are out of school same applies to marriage

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 25, 2015
ogawisdom:

Lol u can't engage me in a debate smallie jst feel good with ur name calling BC dts all u got.
I am a Morbid fool

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by guchilady: 3:40pm On Dec 25, 2015
Helkayklassic:
Different kind of break up nowadays but this cutlery own is new o.
grin
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Mom007(f): 3:48pm On Dec 25, 2015
Why should she say buying utensils is his responsibility? So that she can have more from clothes and shoes ba? Abegi. .., person wey ready for marriage won't say such crap. In fact if your man doesn't have those things you will get them for him even from your pocket . Let her keep pursuing things that are important to her, while your cousin goes and looks for a wife.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by avicky(f): 3:51pm On Dec 25, 2015
Fourwinds:
my sister. u can see ur fellow women how they reason ooo. .. thank God u are a woman and can see clearly. ..most ladies in relationship are not prepare mentally.. even d working class., are not financially prepared.. .only buying clothes., shoes., jeweries... common bowl to serve. food they don't have....

d ladies I have dated I feel shock when I ask them certain questions and cannt provide answers...before I graduated I was already thinking about strategies of getting job...u don't wait until u are out of school same applies to marriage
I was taken aback by the comment. I just smh for some ladies. Hardly will you find a perfect description of Prov 31. May God help us all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by jabojafa(m): 4:02pm On Dec 25, 2015
ogawisdom:

She is right its d man's responsibility, d woman can help at her discretion undecided
Rome wz nt built in a day. They say practise mks perfection. Its dis kind of woman dt wud even be askin her husband for moni to buy salt or matches. Her attitude is nt showin any committment in d relastionshp. If u can dig further u wud be shockd to realize dt d lady inquestion hv neva bought any thing/gift for d man even recharge card 100naira

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Fourwinds: 4:04pm On Dec 25, 2015
avicky:

I was taken aback by the comment. I just smh for some ladies. Hardly will you find a perfect description of Prov 31. May God help us all.
u can see y we have a lot of singles(ladies) camping in all nite prayers seeking what they can not get....their attitudes need orientation...

God. God God God.....yes we all know God d creator but what about urself...how can a working lady be buying clothes., shoes., jeweries and not think of her contribution in marriage..some ladies are so shallow minded

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by avicky(f): 4:09pm On Dec 25, 2015
Fourwinds:
u can see y we have a lot of singles(ladies) camping in all nite prayers seeking what they can not get....their attitudes need orientation...

God. God God God.....yes we all know God d creator but what about urself...how can a working lady be buying clothes., shoes., jeweries and not think of her contribution in marriage..some ladies are so shallow minded
You have said it all. Although, marriage is not for everyone, I still expect more from someone who has 6 months to get admitted into the institution.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by avicky(f): 4:12pm On Dec 25, 2015
jabojafa:
Rome wz nt built in a day. They say practise mk perfect. Its dis kind of woman dt wud even be askin her husband for moni to buy salt or matches. Her attitude is nt showin any committment in d relastionshp. If u can dig further u wud shock to realize d lady inquestion hv neva bought any thing/gift for d man even recharge card 100naira
Gbam. Practice makes perfection. Not only will she wait for salt, but also wait for diapers money when the baby has run out of diapers.
This one can't even give hubby a treat on birthdays or anniversaries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Fourwinds: 4:12pm On Dec 25, 2015
shabbey09:
Na wa oh, men are different sha, my husband didn't want me to bring a single pin to his house. Infact I had to dash out my fridge and TV.

It's not enough reason abeg. He should only talk to her to have a saving culture.
ask d same lady...d man's money is our money but her money is not our money..

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Fourwinds: 4:18pm On Dec 25, 2015
VenusBetty:
nonsense
of course it is nonsense to u...

d truth is... d reason y we have a lot of single ladies camping in church all nite looking for what they can not get or even sustaining what they have got...

it is not rocket science...this is simple attitude.

u unlearn to learn the rite thing
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Nweike1: 4:21pm On Dec 25, 2015
wwwkaycom:
He met his fiancee in their school, she's one of the choir sisters in their fellowship choir. They started their love affairs in 2014 and would like to get married mid-2016. The big issue according to him is that the lady don't seem to be prepared for marriage, even though she's working, she hasn't gotten anything to show that she's working towards marriage in 2 years not to talk of the next 6 months.

He said she spends her money on clothes, shoes and jewelries but recently served him and one of his friends food with the stainless plate that they use in her home, he said he felt humbled when his friend politely turned down the food.

This guy believes that his fiancee by now ought to have invested on kitchen wares, plates, cutleries etc. He said he had actually started buying these stuffs without informing her but is now of the opinion that the lady may not change in marriage. I have asked him to talk it over with his fiancee which he did but he said she told him point blank that that is his responsibility. He has already diverted the money he was saving for the wedding to landed property, saying he will begin to look out for another lady. My plea fell on his deaf ears.

My take dear nairalanders is that the issue is just too flimsy to warrant separation at this stage, what do you think about it?
The guy has done the best thing

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Fourwinds: 4:24pm On Dec 25, 2015
dominique:
Before he breaks up with her, he should first give her an ultimatum; Set your priorities right, adjust your attitude or the relationship is over! The way she'll change wi be like film trick. Nobody will want to face the humiliation of a broken engagement. For the fact that he has been with her for almost 2 years and is contemplating marriage, that means something must have attracted her to him. He should help her work in correcting her imperfections. That's what love and companionship is all about.
I hope she will not take d falsehood of been corrected into d marriage...

and then go back to her vomit

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Fourwinds: 4:26pm On Dec 25, 2015
udemzy101:

At least you wanted to but he refuse, the lady in question feel it's not her duty to buy all those things..

Believe me, her type will have millions but will refuse to help her husband in time of need....

It is good to pay attention to certain things before it gets out of hand
I like ur points

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Fourwinds: 4:44pm On Dec 25, 2015
jopretty:
If we demand the guy must have some things to show he's man enuf una go call us gold diggers. So because she hasn't started buying those stuffs means she's not ready for marriage? What if she's saving towards then without his knowledge?
chai.!!! see d way u dey reason...any guy dat do not have a place of his own and not working., I always blast their lazy as..s but when I see this kind of attitude from a lady who feels she is prepared to marry displaying such manners....I think is a pity

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Fourwinds: 4:48pm On Dec 25, 2015
EggovinMma:

There's nothing flimsy about this at all. It's very very good for single ladies to buy kitchen wares. I find investing in kitchen wares very attractive. It's like a man coming to your house to eat only to be served water with this coloured cups around! Hian! cheesy
u no know say some ladies grow but them no get sense reach this level wey u take explain now

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Fourwinds: 4:53pm On Dec 25, 2015
Kellyakon:
Please i am available, responsible, homely, economical (i can manage money eh) i don't do jewelry, my make up is minimal, i don't scrap my eyebrow nor do contact lens and i need a husband. In summary tell your cousin that his spec is here. Any other interested NLder check my profile lets rock and roll. wwwkaycom
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Fourwinds: 5:03pm On Dec 25, 2015
devour129:
you have said all . Can't believe that some guys now want women to buy household properties for them . Truth be told some women can be funny , they will pretend and buy all those things but the day you guys will have problem that's when you will know the world also know all the things she has bought you.please man up n buy your own things to keep yourself respect. When she comes in she will do the little ones that way you still have control of your home.
heheheheheeer....so u know what women are capable of...

very funny...when they invest with u and there is trouble
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Kellyakon(f): 5:50pm On Dec 25, 2015
Fourwinds:
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Fourwinds: 5:55pm On Dec 25, 2015
Kellyakon:
ok.
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 25, 2015
Fourwinds:
of course it is nonsense to u...

d truth is... d reason y we have a lot of single ladies camping in church all nite looking for what they can not get or even sustaining what they have got...

it is not rocket science...this is simple attitude.

u unlearn to learn the rite thing
come back when you know what I know, really don't think you read the story.
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by iamdapsyj(m): 7:01pm On Dec 25, 2015
Segadem:
There's no perfect man or woman out there, you are the one u will make her what you want her to be,

You can't make a potential spouse to change except they want to...
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by mira4u: 9:43pm On Dec 25, 2015
victorazy:

People are diff expecially men.
What you see as nothing as a woman may mean big thing as man because its all about his home, his house and his money. No man is ready to suffer to get money and to suffer to spend it rather to enjoy it.

She won't cool down now, tomorrow she will start praying and casting who may have working against her not to get married.

Like I said before, if his only reason for separation is because she didn't buy cutleries then he wasn't ready either. If they have started living together or have done their wedding n she refused to buy cutleries, that's a different thing all together.

Did he take his time to find out her reasons for not buying them? It could be she didn't see his commitment in the relationship so she's not sure of the relationship which can deter her from making serious preparation. Other reasons could be responsible.

African mentality!!!! Always blaming women for everything that goes wrong in a relationship even when the woman is innocent.
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by mira4u: 10:09pm On Dec 25, 2015
daretodiffer:

He is not so narrow-minded

What type of human being will not have at least 5 pieces of ceramics for hospitality purposes? A working woman for goodness sake. You would think that her education would have unconsciously prepared her for this.undecided

What has education got to do with cutleries? Have you taken your time to ponder over possible reasons that made her not to buy them? What if she didn't see any serious commitment from the man? It's obvious he wasn't committed, else, he will not come up with such flimsy excuse for breakup. He is very narrow minded for breaking up a relationship just because she didn't buy plates. Prior to my wedding, I didn't buy a single item for the house. It was when I parked into my husband's house, I saw the need for some necessary things. Why didn't he break up with me cos of that? Different strokes for different folks you will say. Except he has a substantial reason for separation, else, such silly reason as low as 'refusal to buy plates to show you are serious' can never be a yardstick for separation. You don't judge a case from just one side.

Btw, don't tell me, you fall into the category of women who cast stone on their fellow women just to support the excesses of men. That's one reason why african men will never stop such attitude towards women. Everything that goes wrong in a relationship is the fault of a woman. It's never their fault and then you see women showing 'holier than thou' attitude, in support of the men(which men can never do to their fellow men) and you expect these men to act right towards women.
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by mira4u: 10:38pm On Dec 25, 2015
Fkforyou:

Did you take your time to read and understand the thread? Ask misspicy to break it down to your level of understanding.

He is narrow minded, he is this, he is that.. ..some people sha

I should rather be the one to tell you Tha shii. Cos you are myopic like the guy in question. Let me help you out of your confusion. He wants to break up from the relationship for a silly excuse as low as....you refused to buy plates to show you are serious about the relationship..... I repeat, if that's the only reason then his reasoning is so narrow n he wasn't actually ready for that relationship. Its even better for the lady cos who knows, one day this type of guy might divorce her for flimsy excuse as..you didnt clean the floor.
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by kessel: 10:50pm On Dec 25, 2015
daretodiffer:

My dear low self esteemed man. The divine injunction does not say ‘total submission'. Please fix yourself before your try to lead others.

Who am I kidding, you can never be good enough to leadsad
My dear I will ask if u are a just Christian or a Christian who believes in the Bible. If yes then that same Bible has said that total submission is the only way no two ways about it.. U can't change it.
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by kessel: 10:56pm On Dec 25, 2015
ogawisdom:

Agreed but it is sth to speak to her abt and possibly see if she changes no one is perfect u kw. Communication is key i dnt think he shld dictate to d lady hw to spend her money at this stage. He can persuade her on dt but nt force her. A woman is a helper and to help is discretionary. Real men shld nt carry women money for mind b4 marrying them.

Calling off a wedding BC the lady u have not married is nt buying kitchen utensils is immature n a clear sign d man is nt ready for marriage.

In marriage u will face bigger challenges even if u marry a saint, will u jst call it quit at d slightest provocation
You are looking at the the side of the man asking about money but you have not looked at her not wanting to change after d guy discussed with her. She gave a reply also that will show you the state of her heart.. You ve not considered that too. This girl will run this guy down if they get married according to her response
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by mira4u: 10:58pm On Dec 25, 2015
Homguy:
after reading this post and other posts from most ladies on nl i am now fully convinced , most nigerian ladies are just thoughtless. Immature. Narrow minded, simpletons always looking for who to leech on. So its wronwrong for a lady to have her own glasswares? Or have the decency to serve her fiance and his friend with such. I hope you make such gaffe with your sharp fiance since you are even attacking the dude for using his head.

You are the thoughtless immature simpleton, seriously. Wha has the conviction of a mere nl nickname like yours got to do with nigerian women in general? It's as good as this empty space---->........................................ Where did I mention anything like.. It's wrong for a lady to buy glass wares.. It's obvious you have poor eyesight. Like I said before n will repeat again, the guy is very narrow minded to conclude that the lady is not ready for marriage just because she didn't buy plates and as such is not worthy to be married to him anymore. In truth, he's the one not serious about the relationship else he will not come up with such flimsy excuse or reason. He used his head u say? It's even better for the lady cos he might do worse when they are married. It's men like u n the guy that will divorce their wives for flimsy excuses.

POC I don't have a fiancé. M legally n happily married so save your miserable advice.

See them always quick to blame a woman for everything even wheN most times they are responsible for the action of a woman.
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Nobody: 2:10am On Dec 26, 2015
Wow seems your friend is more concerned with the opinions of others. He should spare her a life time of aggravation and find someone else
Re: My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding by Nobody: 6:11am On Dec 26, 2015
Ujulabelle:
She served him and "one of his friends food with the stainless plate that they use in her home, he said he felt humbled when his friend politely turned down the food."

Please, this isn't an excuse to call off a relationship. The guy doesn't love her any more. The girl might be saving money 4 her marriage but didn't want to tell the guy. Ur cousin sounds like he is looking 4 a lady whose money will be used in marriage. What is ur cousins responsiblilty as a husband? Is it the lady that will cater 4 his household? He shld ask men who married ladies who aren't working. Among the Igbo which I am part of, women are not compelled to buy cooking utensils 4 their would be husband. It is assumed that the man has set up his household b4 coming 4 d lady's hand in marriage. The lady is going there to enjoy her husband's wealth and not the man looking up 2 her 2 buy cooking utensils and save money 4 their marriage. Any man who is expecting a woman 2 save 4 their marriage is irresponsible. A woman helps her husband financially out of her own volition and not compulsion.
SHALOM

The woman is coming to enjoy the mans wealth-WOW. This is bad reasoning. We should all learn to be productive not live off someone else's wealth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

When You Are Not Sexually Compartible With Your Partner / What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? / The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.