Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,164 members, 7,811,373 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

His Not Financially Boyant, But Wants Take This Girl Out on Date - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / His Not Financially Boyant, But Wants Take This Girl Out on Date (1473 Views)

I Can't Ask A Girl Out Because Of My Brown Teeth / A Must Read! How To Win A Ladies Heart If U Are Not Financially Available Yet / He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Not Financially Boyant, But Wants Take This Girl Out on Date by smartsoft(m): 5:34pm On Oct 23, 2006
Hey guys i was having fun with ma friends and one of us raise this issue and we were really diging it out,so decide to throw the question to the house. the questions goes does,

You've been rolling your eyes at this very girl who leave close to your crip and you really know you ain't financially boyant enough, after toasting her she somewhat tells you  she will think about. later you guys exchanged numbers  finally the next day she called you and tells you  that she has finally agreed, so you now decide  to take this girl out on a date.
So you called her on phone,telling her you want to have a date with her. But deep down inside you, you ain't financially boyant you only got N500 bucks on you. so if you were in that shoe what will you do, will you just tell this girl that you not financially boyant that she should take you as you are or what will you tell her remember you want to feel like a big boy, and you don't want to mess-up so what will you do huh ?
Re: His Not Financially Boyant, But Wants Take This Girl Out on Date by Dvampire(m): 5:44pm On Oct 23, 2006
well, there are ways you could 'arrange' the N500 and e go be like say you don spend 1 ton. but let transfare of any kind be out of the N500 sha
Re: His Not Financially Boyant, But Wants Take This Girl Out on Date by smartsoft(m): 5:46pm On Oct 23, 2006
lol funny
Re: His Not Financially Boyant, But Wants Take This Girl Out on Date by Dvampire(m): 6:55pm On Oct 23, 2006
ah yes now. abi you want me to give you the tips?
Re: His Not Financially Boyant, But Wants Take This Girl Out on Date by ell77(f): 7:19pm On Oct 23, 2006
Well I apologise if this advice is not spot on, but I don't live in Nigeria. While I think it probably is good to be honest about how much you can spend, don't you dare ask her to pay! - THAT IS A MAJOR FAUX PAS. You can't do that, if she was the one chasing u, maybe jus' maybe it would be justified, but you want to chase someone down, woo them as it were and then at the last minute drop it like 'oh babe, i no get cash take u anywhere, u think sey u fit take me out, that is, i know go pay oh!'

Please, I can just imagine how she gives a dirty kissing of teeth, eyeballs u up and down and turns and exits, then she may even go and tell her friedns; 'you see this ignorant fool, he had been chasing me for ages I just dey waka, finally I decide mek i gree, can u imagine wetin happen? . . . the callous ignormaus opened his dirty mouth to ask me mek i pay' (girl friend answers) - 'true? shame no catch am? na wa o' (girl answers) 'na real wa'!

Anywayz I am just giving a stereotype and not all girls react like this, but just to be safe and save yourself embarrassment, I think u should say to the girl, 'look, I really like you and want to spend time with u whcih is why I asked you out, unfortunately, I am not exactly stacked with cash at this moment in time, everyone has rainy days I guess, I only have 500 naira for us to go out with, do u think we could arrange a date at (insert cheap restaraunt here), or maybe I could make a picnic, or we could travel to the becash and just get to know eachother, atleast I can buy u mineral hehe, maybe u have somewhere u wanted to go to that I can afford on my budget, I am really sorry about this and kind of embarrassed to, but please could u still give me the honour of being graced with your presence'.

Me personallu, I am not sure if I would buy all the mushy stuff but I would value your honesty, and if I liked u enough to say yes before I knew u had a budget this would not change for me. In fact I may offer to pay my own way, or if I reeeaaaaallly liked u -treat u too. I just don't believe if u were the one I was giving a lucky break to, by accepting your date, that I should be ASKED to pay but can I easily volunteer to.
Re: His Not Financially Boyant, But Wants Take This Girl Out on Date by baby4u2(f): 10:18pm On Oct 23, 2006
Thats why i think it's better to be with someone u really have built something with. like taken time to know the person and the person knowing you also. So in situations like these when u have only 500 bucks, she will just cook in her house and then u guys can watch a Nigerian movie .lol. Now ur guy is feeling the need to impress the girl and might soon reach the extent (if she is a gold digger) of using his school fees/tuition to buy things for her.
Re: His Not Financially Boyant, But Wants Take This Girl Out on Date by smartsoft(m): 9:59pm On Oct 24, 2006
this is serious oooooo.
Re: His Not Financially Boyant, But Wants Take This Girl Out on Date by cheavroi(m): 11:29am On Oct 25, 2006
U want to take a girl out and u got only N500,you must be kidding,first it is not enough to take a public transport i mean molue not taxi so u must be really kidding but honestly i think you guys can just go for a walk on a sunday evening,get pop corn and can drinks total N400,you still got N100 to keep grin grin grin.
But honestly you in deep shit if its real.
Re: His Not Financially Boyant, But Wants Take This Girl Out on Date by naija4life(f): 1:56pm On Oct 25, 2006
First of all can somebody define taking out for me, cos am lost.

If its wat i think it ism there's no laid down rule to follow.

Just "carry" her to one mamaput and she'll catch da fun of her life.

At da end of da date, you'll still have balance from da original cash.
Re: His Not Financially Boyant, But Wants Take This Girl Out on Date by ell77(f): 7:23pm On Oct 25, 2006
Taking out = date

I think you were joking, but not every1 can enter Mamaput oh! You have to tell the girl u don't hav cash at the moment if u decided to take her there, or she might just think u are being cheap, some people may prefer going on a walk to entering Mamaput - depending on the quality. But u have not messed up, these things happen it is how u approach the matter that will determine how she reacts unless she is nothing short of a golddigga like some1 suggested.
Re: His Not Financially Boyant, But Wants Take This Girl Out on Date by smartsoft(m): 11:04am On Oct 26, 2006
There are some mamaput u will go to and this gurl will gel huh right or wrong,what i belive is to tell the gurl the truth and at the other hand you wanna feel like a big boy, what do you think ?
Re: His Not Financially Boyant, But Wants Take This Girl Out on Date by xchian(m): 2:46am On Oct 27, 2006
this is how we boyz make things hard 4 our fellow guyz.is there any constitution or book where its written that the girls must be at the receiving end, my brodas wake up, if u dnt have make her no,she shud be set its 50 50

(1) (Reply)

Does My Being Single And Not Searching Make Me A Play Boy? / Should I Ask For An Engagement Ring? / Moment Of Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.