Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

No To Getting A Car Because Am Single - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / No To Getting A Car Because Am Single (44423 Views)

Getting A Divorce In A Court Registry Marriage.Lawyers' advice needed. / Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant / Getting A Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Nyceguy92: 7:24pm On Dec 26, 2015
[quote author=omotohdarajugbogbolo post=41358353]

It depends on the type of car you buy.
A daily run-around, simple, non-intimidating car is not a bad idea.
If a car makes your work easier, buy one.
You do not have to flaunt it so that men who do not have cars will not feel intimidated.
In other societies, having a car is necessary to get around; even students have them.
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Analysiscorner: 7:25pm On Dec 26, 2015
Aigbehis:
I work in a multinational company, and I have seen it crystal clear that men don't go after women with cars.

Apart from that, your chances to be seen and noticed by men is reduced. E.g.

* on the road/street while you walk
*No one gives you lift any longer and starts toasting you.
*No one sees your beautiful figure while driving in your car
*the trust is that men sometimes have this fright when approaching ladies.

Pls, just hold on a bit before buying a car. Because, I have heard of a lady who got a man after she sold her car and relocated to a sizeable apartment suitable for single ladies.

Those guys saying you should go ahead and buy a car, ask them if they can be bold enough to approach a lady with a car.

Pls, think o.
These are the kind of testimonies that she needs
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 26, 2015
Malakh:
shey person wey dey pay note on car na hin i go dey intimidated by but you did say guys dont approach ladies because dem no get car
I meant that ladies (even the ones paying car note) generally look down on guys that don't have cars, not the other way round.
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by firstking01(m): 7:27pm On Dec 26, 2015
Cutehector:
5g network grin
ok, hw come me wey dey use 7G still dey hustle for ftc, i smell yeye here grin
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by ifyan(m): 7:27pm On Dec 26, 2015
CFCman:

Because she sees that her man is a real man.

BTW, I was shocked when one married White guy said he does the laundry (including his wife's clothes) in the house. On my mind, I was like "for Naija dem go talk say the wife don do jazz on top him head" grin

It seems like the man get problems upstairs
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by milowys77(m): 7:28pm On Dec 26, 2015
Analysiscorner:
why call his views nonsense? Even after the testimonies he has presented.

Here's my testimony disproving his, Gov of delta state, ifeanyi okowa's daughter just got married, she has had a car for like forever.. Still she got married,

Atiku Abubakar's 3 daughters got married on the same day, I'm very sure they've all been driving cars for a while..

Having cars didn't stop these people from getting married.

1 Like

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by harsysky(m): 7:29pm On Dec 26, 2015
omotohdarajugbogbolo:
Good day fam,

I really need your advice on something.

I am a lady in my late twenties and I work with a multinational company here in Lagos.
This is my third year on the job and I know I need a car now.

Now here's the issue; my siblings think that getting a car is a bad idea. Why? Cos am single.

My beloved brother said it would push men away from me shocked

Please does this not sound myopic? I really don't get it.

House how do you see this cos I feel down right now. sad

Op, buy the car but don't let the car change you, your character most especially.

To the guy who says her aunty deals in car and hasn't gotten married, it's not the car that chase peoPle away from one; it's one's character (pride/ego) and sometimes, it's circumstances beyond one's control.
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Malakh: 7:29pm On Dec 26, 2015
CFCman:

I meant that ladies (even the ones paying car note) generally look down on guys that don't have cars, not the other way round.
ok, who wants to be bothered with those ones anyways, most of them are 2 checks away from poverty

1 Like

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Mrlekan07034617: 7:30pm On Dec 26, 2015
mitchyy:
Dear Op, i was once in your position. Friends, even some married women advised me against getting a car. But i ignored and went ahead to get a small saloon car. I believed the man meant for me can't run away because i have a car.
Today, i'm happily married to the man of my dreams who is everything i want in a husband. My car is one of the cars we drive as a family.
But here are some things i did:
I never flaunted the car in his face while we dated
I always let him drive while we were together with my car
I never let his friends or anyone know the car is mine except he tells them himself
I tried not to make him feel inferior cus i got a car before him

So it all boils down to how you act with the car. Be humble and let your humility shine through all your riches. Never act bossy, else it sends the wrong message.

Wow that's wisdom buried in Humility... God bless your marriage ma'am

3 Likes

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Cutehector(m): 7:30pm On Dec 26, 2015
firstking01:
ok, hw come me wey dey use 7G still dey hustle for ftc, i smell yeye here grin
ur own na china
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by ifyan(m): 7:31pm On Dec 26, 2015
dearpreye:

Please, go ahead and buy the car. This is 2015, not 1970!

Live your life to the fullest. Sometimes our greatest enemies are those very close to us. They think they're doing us a favour or that they're protecting us, whereas they're simply keeping us mediocre and average. This, amongst other reasons, is why Africa is still largely underdeveloped; our minds are still pretty underdeveloped.

Any man who's intimidated by a lady's success should go and become successful.

Our society is in so skewed against our women.

Why is it any nonsense, na our society una go blame.
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 26, 2015
ifyan:

It seems like the man get problems upstairs
grin cheesy He doesn't mind it at all
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by omotohdarajugbogbolo: 7:33pm On Dec 26, 2015
Really appreciate and value everyone's response.

For those saying I should invest in landed properties, I already have a 3bedroom flat and about to buy another land.

Please am not going to reply pms. Anything to be discussed should be here.

Thanks and Godbless smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by ColeworldMD(m): 7:33pm On Dec 26, 2015
Malakh:
so on point, i was talking to a girl in naija with that kind of attitude, it's a turn-off, although most of her wealth comes from her rich dad but she no say i no send am, yet she wants me to marry her, calls me her guy and imaginary husband.
I know right. Big turn off for me too. I was exchanging messages with one girl & in one of her replies she said "hey, I'm driving.." She wants me to know that she has a car, I mean it was not a phone call so she can reply anytime she wants. She's interested in meeting me so I asked her to write her number but she started whining about how I didn't say please aargh. I can't stand such girls. If u marry her na u go dey change pampas grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 26, 2015
Malakh:
ok, who wants to be bothered with those ones anyways, most of them are 2 checks away from poverty
Lolz
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by ifyan(m): 7:34pm On Dec 26, 2015
CFCman:

grin cheesy He doesn't mind it at all

Hmmm
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Analysiscorner: 7:34pm On Dec 26, 2015
[quote author=Nyceguy92 post=41367070][/quote] Why would it depend on the type of car she buys? If she needs a car, let her go for a very clean and modern car. The type she would enjoy for years before any issue /major work.
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by sashaa(f): 7:34pm On Dec 26, 2015
watered:
I'm sure this lady must be from SE cos that's their mentality down there that single women are not supposed to live big because they are waiting to be taken by one ingrate or less than a man in the name of marriage.

Babe, pull over such cheap and irrelevant talks and live the good life. Some men too are irritated by "low lifers". The car is nothing, even house; what matters is your attitude and your carriage.

So please dearie be of good conduct, do not drink alcohol excessively, club or smoke cos my kind of men are put off by such things.

When the suitor comes please bring it up to this forum and give us an invite. Till then, I wish you a happy married life in 2016.
A thumbs up for this post. You spoke well and you are right about that being a SE mentality. Am from there and you won't believe the number of people that have given me the same advice.

For me, I know what I'm waiting for. Once I make good on a few investment plans I'm getting myself a car because I need one. It's a necessity and not luxury like people here think. Like the OP i'v also worked for almost 3years.

@ topic, sweetie get yourself a car and remain a good person inside out. I will be buying your asoebi soon. Cheers

3 Likes

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by saudatu(m): 7:35pm On Dec 26, 2015
amunkita:
Ajuju Ndi mmuo..

Babe some will say don't buy..
Some will say buy, that such a man has Low Self Esteem..

But verily I say unto you, if u buy a car nd an expensive one to match ur status it's good but know this, u ve increased ur market price or oyibo people will say Self worth or Value..

Now what u will attract re Men with great Ballz which make up 10% of Nigerian Men..

What of a situation u ain't so lucky to grab one knowing that 5% of such men will like a girl they feel they can provide with all goodies of Life without Challenge..

So babe u re Left with 5% of the Real Men with Balls, 75% of Normal Nigerian Men nd 15% of Gold Diggers...

So Babe do which that favors you knowing that a Real African Man(75%) would not like perception from the public that His wife is the boss..
well said Bro.

2 Likes

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by ugbah007: 7:36pm On Dec 26, 2015
A word is enough for the wise,don't get a car now.
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 26, 2015
ifyan:

Why is it any nonsense, na our society una go blame.

The society is made up of individuals. With every single individual embracing positive values, the negative ones will gradually move into oblivion.
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Skmoda360(m): 7:37pm On Dec 26, 2015
TooNoisy:
Sorry OP, you need to be careful with the people you call family. These are the type of people that will try to limit your dreams in future.

Even after you get married they will bring out new rules. I will tell you the truth, what most Nigerian men value more is a woman's character and not whether she drives a car.

Buying a car may seem to take you beyond the reach of some men, but trust me, those are not the men you want to marry if you are an upwardly mobile, goal oriented and trendy young lady.

Just go ahead and buy the car already.
Babe, i dey feel you, pass me that orijin sorry veleta cuz u be real babe.
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 26, 2015
kk
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Malakh: 7:39pm On Dec 26, 2015
ColeworldMD:
I know right. Big turn off for me too. I was exchanging messages with one girl & in one of her replies she said "hey, I'm driving.." She wants me to know that she has a car, I mean it was not a phone call so she can reply anytime she wants. She's interested in meeting me so I asked her to write her number but she started whining about how I didn't say please aargh. I can't stand such girls. If u marry her na u go dey change pampas grin
e good as she show you signs, make u run as far as your leg carry you, this is why its good to court them before making the plunge, try something crazy b4 u discard am,ask her to clean or cook for you if she rebels blast am for me
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by omotohdarajugbogbolo: 7:40pm On Dec 26, 2015
sashaa:

A thumbs up for this post. You spoke well and you are right about that being a SE mentality. Am from there and you won't believe the number of people that have given me the same advice.

For me, I know what I'm waiting for. Once I make good on a few investment plans I'm getting myself a car because I need one. It's a necessity and not luxury like people here think. Like the OP i'v also worked for almost 3years.

@ topic, sweetie get yourself a car and remain a good person inside out. I will be buying your asoebi soon. Cheers

Thanks dear. Amen
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by profmallory(m): 7:40pm On Dec 26, 2015
Buying a car can never be the issue, its the type(cost) of the car that could matter. My advise is to go for a car that doesnt draw unnecessary attention to you, but that works and gets you around well.

1 Like

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Skmoda360(m): 7:41pm On Dec 26, 2015
Op, if u knw buy that car u go offend me o. U go change level maybe i fit date u, just kidding but that's the truth.
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by ColeworldMD(m): 7:43pm On Dec 26, 2015
omotohdarajugbogbolo:
Really appreciate and value everyone's response.

For those saying I should invest in landed properties, I already have a 3bedroom flat and about to buy another land.

Please am not going to reply pms. Anything to be discussed should be here.

Thanks and Godbless smiley
I was in Lagos recently & the traffic was so bad I was better off combining bus & bike. My guys only use their cars on weekends & latest they leave the house is by 6am. Maybe it's because it was raining season. I salute u Lagosians for ur tenacity!
In response to the bolded - I trust my naija home boys now cheesy

3 Likes

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Icaretoo: 7:43pm On Dec 26, 2015
Kazrem:

Why not think of real assets like land instead of car? OK, you have gotten one. Why not develop it? It is also developed. Get another. Develop it. If then, save, save and save. After then you can get a car. I know what am talkjing about.

Then u save and keep saving afterwords u die God forbid and u don't even get to give urself wqt u really want ...car is no luxury just a little cormfort and movement wit easy..just saying
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by firstking01(m): 7:43pm On Dec 26, 2015
Cutehector:
ur own na china
shou, network get brand kaw shocked
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by seaga: 7:43pm On Dec 26, 2015
My dear life is short,if you need it,buy it.Yes,it's going to cut of a percentage of suitors, but the good news is; it would be the insecure ones which makes a large some.If you must be modest ,then you can make it a small car and fuel efficient one too.I am actually a sucker for pretty ladies driving a good car.Lady!Enjoy your ride in 2016

1 Like

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by HIPROFILE(m): 7:44pm On Dec 26, 2015
amunkita:
Ajuju Ndi mmuo..

Babe some will say don't buy..
Some will say buy, that such a man has Low Self Esteem..

But verily I say unto you, if u buy a car nd an expensive one to match ur status it's good but know this, u ve increased ur market price or oyibo people will say Self worth or Value..

Now what u will attract re Men with great Ballz which make up 10% of Nigerian Men..

What of a situation u ain't so lucky to grab one knowing that 5% of such men will like a girl they feel they can provide with all goodies of Life without Challenge..

So babe u re Left with 5% of the Real Men with Balls, 75% of Normal Nigerian Men nd 15% of Gold Diggers...

So Babe do which that favors you knowing that a Real African Man(75%) would not like perception from the public that His wife is the boss..

hmmm some people are really guru to analyzing situations... you gat ma thumbs bro..

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

How Often Should Couples Have Sex? / My Brother's Girlfriend Has Finally Charmed Him, Help Me Ooo / Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.