Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,224 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? (44414 Views)

Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers Buried (Photos) / Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt / Photo Of Beautiful Family Of 8 Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by bigfrancis21: 4:49am On Oct 09, 2016

7 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by Igboid: 9:52am On Oct 09, 2016
How sure are you that it is Umudioka Awka and not Umudioka town in Dunukofia LGA?

Did he specifically say Umudioka Awka. Or he just said Umudioka?

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by MrPresident1: 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
Op, the Umudioka that I know is in Kano state.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by signature2012(m): 1:39pm On Oct 09, 2016
The guy should search those names on Facebook,he might get a clue from there.

I wish him breakthrough on this quest.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by bigfrancis21: 3:52pm On Oct 09, 2016
Igboid:
How sure are you that it is Umudioka Awka and not Umudioka town in Dunukofia LGA?

Did he specifically say Umudioka Awka. Or he just said Umudioka?

It could be the one in Dunukofia. The guy isn't even sure where in Anambra Umudioka is located. He was initially thinking it was Onitsha until I told him there's no Umudioka in Onitsha.

His dad used to reside at Fegge Onitsha.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by Igboid: 4:03pm On Oct 09, 2016
bigfrancis21:

It could be the one in Dunukofia. The guy isn't even sure where in Anambra Umudioka is located. He was initially thinking it was Onitsha until I told him there's no Umudioka in Onitsha.

I figured as much.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by Ishilove: 4:06pm On Oct 09, 2016
bigfrancis21:

Would he mind posting his father's photo?

9 Likes

Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by bigfrancis21: 4:08pm On Oct 09, 2016
signature2012:

Using his father's siblings names I've done some search on facebook and I was unable to find anything useful. He got those names from a letter one of his father's brothers, Nathaniel, wrote to his father in the 70s where he said, 'How is America? Greetings from Mama, Chidiogo, Uchenna, etc.' Those people are probably old by now and their possibility of being on facebook is slim.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by PresVA: 4:08pm On Oct 09, 2016
His father had no Igbo/Nigerian friends over there that can give (some) info about him? He didn't belong to any Nigerian group that could hv his details?

Facebook is another option. . just type the surname and village. .

wish you the best.

7 Likes

Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by bigfrancis21: 4:08pm On Oct 09, 2016
Ishilove:

Would he mind posting his father's photo?

I'll try and see if he would release it.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by bigfrancis21: 4:15pm On Oct 09, 2016
PresVA:
His father has no Igbo/Nigerian friends over there that can give (some) info about him? He didn't belong to any Nigerian group that could hv his details?

Facebook is another option. . just type the surname and village. .

wish you the best.

Not at all, from the impression I got his father did not really associate with the Nigerian community here well or his people back home. The last time he visited Nigeria was in 2001 or 15 years ago. His son does not know much about his father's side of the family except for the bits of information that I posted up.
Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by byvan03: 4:21pm On Oct 09, 2016
After nkpor, ogidi, ogbunike, next village is umudioka. He should look for the umudioka community on FB and start inquiry.

11 Likes

Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by PresVA: 4:26pm On Oct 09, 2016
bigfrancis21:

Not at all, from the impression I got his father did not really associate with the Nigerian community here well.
Alright. .

'Beg' the mods to push the thread to the front page ... Nairaland is large; there could be someone from Umudioka with same surname or someone that has a clue...

Pictures will help.. old & new pictures.. preferably the ones he took around same time he traveled to Nigeria last & when he was still in Nigeria..
Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by signature2012(m): 4:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
PresVA:
Alright. .

'Beg' the mods to push the thread to the front page ... Nairaland is large; there could be someone from Umudioka with same surname or someone that has a clue...

Pictures will help.. old & new pictures.. preferably the ones he took around same time he traveled to Nigeria last & when he was still in Nigeria..
The op is a MOD,he should do the needful if he want more suggestions.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by musicwriter(m): 5:34pm On Oct 09, 2016
bigfrancis21:
Hey everyone,

This is probably not the right place to post this but does anyone here know the Ifediora family of Umudioka? My friend here in the US was born to an Igbo father and african american mother. He has never been to Nigeria before and the last time his father visited Nigeria was in 2001. Unfortunately, his father did not tell him much about his village and now his father is late and he desperately wants to reach out to his father's people to inform them of the man's death but he has no way of locating them. The much he knows is that his dad is from the Ifediora family of Umudioka, probably in Awka. His father went to St. Patrick's College Asaba. His father's full name is Ifeanyi Emmanuel Ifediora and his father's siblings' names are Uchenna, Nathaniel, Chidiogo etc.

Please anyone who by chance knows this family or is related to them or anyone living in Awka and environs who can help locate the Ifediora family in Umudioka, please send me an email immediately. My friend desperately wants to reconnect to his father's side of the family.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cc Ajaanaoka
Odenigboaroli
Igboid

His best lead is his father's name and school. Let him check on facebook for that school alumni or probably their website, contact the school authorities. Or run an ad on facebook or radio station in Anambra.

6 Likes

Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by veave(f): 5:41pm On Oct 09, 2016
my cousins are from umudioka... i'll ask them when i get home. still at work

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by bigfrancis21: 5:43pm On Oct 09, 2016
veave:
my cousins are from umudioka... i'll ask them when i get home. still at work

Alright. Please I'll be waiting. Umudioka in Awka or Dunukofia LGA?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by bigfrancis21: 5:44pm On Oct 09, 2016
musicwriter:

His best lead is his father's name and school. Let him check on facebook for that school alumni or probably their website, contact the school authorities. Or run an ad on facebook or radio station in Anambra.

Thanks. I've searched for SPC Asaba and the school does not have a website where one could pull a contact number, probably the headmaster/headmistress, and call. The only relevant thing I could find online was a reunion page on Facebook with some old time pictures. That was it. No contact to call.
Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by AjaanaOka(m): 5:48pm On Oct 09, 2016
All I had wanted to say has been said. It is likely he is from Umudioka Town in Dunukofia LGA, and not from Umudioka Village in Awka. If he was from Awka, that's what his father would have told him -Awka. Folks who grew away from home usually learn the names of their towns before learning about the individual villages they originate from, within the towns.

Anyway, I have already asked family members to make enquiries about any Ifedioras they know about from Umudioka-Awka. I haven't heard back, but I am already feeling the results will be negative. Never heard of Ifediora as a family name in Umudioka-Awka, and i have close kin links with that village.

Facebook groups, as has been suggested, could be of great help.

9 Likes

Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by musicwriter(m): 6:01pm On Oct 09, 2016
bigfrancis21:

Thanks. I've searched for SPC Asaba and the school does not have a website where one could pull a contact number, probably the headmaster/headmistress, and call. The only relevant thing I could find online was a reunion page on Facebook with some old time pictures. That was it. No contact to call.

Placing a radio ad on a station in Awka would do the job, if he have other little info, like the father's age and may be his school years.
Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by bigfrancis21: 6:06pm On Oct 09, 2016
musicwriter:

Placing a radio ad on a station in Awka would do the job, if he have other little info, like the father's age and may be his school years.

You know we are all here in the US. How do we reach out to a radio station in Awka from here in the best way possible, given the Nigerian factor?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by bigfrancis21: 6:08pm On Oct 09, 2016
AjaanaOka:
All I had wanted to say has been said. It is likely he is from Umudioka Town in Dunukofia LGA, and not from Umudioka Village in Awka. If he was from Awka, that's what his father would have told him -Awka. Folks who grew away from home usually learn the names of their towns before learning about the individual villages they originate from, within the towns.

Anyway, I have already asked family members to make enquiries about any Ifedioras they know about from Umudioka-Awka. I haven't heard back, but I am already feeling the results will be negative. Never heard of Ifediora as a family name in Umudioka-Awka, and i have close kin links with that village.

Facebook groups, as has been suggested, could be of great help.

This was insightful. Yea, he most likely could be from Umudioka in Dunukofia, not Awka.

I have reached out to some Umudioka groups on Facebook. Please let me know of the outcome of the inquiries you placed.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by musicwriter(m): 6:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
bigfrancis21:

You know we are all here in the US. How do we reach out to a radio station in Awka from here in the best way possible, given the Nigerian factor?

Almost every radio station in the world is online now. A google search of ''radio stations in Awka'' should give you a lead. And the ad wouldn't cost an arm and leg.
Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by estheremma(f): 6:18pm On Oct 09, 2016
I know one Ifediora family but they are from Ihiala in Anambra

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by TheArchangel(f): 6:26pm On Oct 09, 2016
bigfrancis21:

Anambra broadcasting service Awka. Check their Facebook page they may help.
byvan03:
After nkpor, ogidi, ogbunike, next village is umudioka. He should look for the umudioka community on FB and start inquiry.
The next time you call this TOWNS villages I will make sure you are BANNED till infinity. MARK my words undecided. O gini di Kedu UDI ihe di ihe a Mmm

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by Carinaflo(f): 6:35pm On Oct 09, 2016
OP, I have a primary school classmate with the surname ifediora. she is from umudioka village in Awka town in Anambra State.
I'm still in contact with her on fb.
I don't know if she can help
Cc. bigfrancis21

9 Likes

Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by byvan03: 6:55pm On Oct 09, 2016
TheArchangel:
Anambra broadcasting service Awka. Check their Facebook page they may help.The next time you call this TOWNS villages I will make sure you are BANNED till infinity. MARK my words undecided. O gini di Kedu UDI ihe di ihe a Mmm

Kedu ife onye a na akogheli? Ban nukwa ike gi there. Ifele anaro eme gi? Nairaland moderator ka Iji anyi muscle undecided.

19 Likes

Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by Chuukwudi(m): 8:00pm On Oct 09, 2016
Yes
Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by NotNairalandi(m): 8:00pm On Oct 09, 2016
if i talk now una go say i get bad mouth...

when your dad was alive he didnt tell you anything about you family simply because he doesnt want you to associate with them....you with fishbrain didnt care to know also simply because they are village champions and you are Americana nwa-mama....now your dad is late,you come to realise the importance of associating with your kinsmen.

my questions are;
(1)are you looking for them to come and carry his corpse or
(2)what?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by bettercreature(m): 8:01pm On Oct 09, 2016
signature2012:

Those info are more than enough to find his family

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by orlarbissy(f): 8:01pm On Oct 09, 2016
Its better to announce it on radio n television.
Re: Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? by carlosta: 8:02pm On Oct 09, 2016
I am ur father my son. Send me $2000 pls

49 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. / Woman With Cancer Reveals, Husband Is Not The Father Of 3 Kids; Nigerians React / 7 Things You Should Learn To Do In Your 20s To Avoid Regrets In Your Later Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.