Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (328013 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 10:53am On Mar 30, 2013
Saturday workout:

Jogging - 25 mins
Cool down walk - 5 mins
Tae bo 'Full Throttle' dvd - 45 mins
Ab exercise with ab roller - 40 reps

modath: Friday 29th Jan.
Same as thursday 28th,added 5hrs of bush(tomato,yam,fresh produce etc) market waka,still in PAIN!Will skip hard core workout today;would have done Yoga meltdown if it had been what can be called "Relaxing" but since JM doesn't mess around,will just take a gentle walk.

^ was a bit thrown seeing that date for a sec! Haha That market waka must have really dealt with you..pele

Nice workouts for the week HG and 1000 fitness minutes for this month is fab work. That 6wk6pk is a good one, mine has been collecting dust on the shelf here, time to dust it off me thinks!

Yeah good food judgements is at the fore front of my mind this weekend...#dont undo the good work

Laters peeps x
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 11:30am On Mar 30, 2013
agabaI23: Hun, are you avoiding me?

Why would I? Not even at this time. But the issue is I seemed to be getting used to not having you around anymore. I am still angry sha o, you made Modath laugh at me.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 12:47pm On Mar 31, 2013
Hour_Glass:

Why would I? Not even at this time. But the issue is I seemed to be getting used to not having you around anymore. I am still angry sha o, you made Modath laugh at me.
Babes happy Easter. Did Modath laugh at you? Why would She do such a thing tongue
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 2:05pm On Mar 31, 2013
Sunday workout:

6wk6pk Jillian Michael -35mins

Happy Easter!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 4:48pm On Mar 31, 2013
Sunday 31st.
20mins Jolk(Jog+Walk),500 skips and 300 stair master, finished with 2 mins of ab work.
I have taken a Can of amstel malta so 3/4 of the work has been undone but YOLO!! grin

Happy Easter,great peeps.

HG&Agaba,
Me I dey siddon look. cheesy
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:13pm On Apr 01, 2013
HAPPY NEW MONTH, looking forward to healthy, fit and fabulous month of April.

Keep on Rocking.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by freetowns: 5:10pm On Apr 02, 2013
Trust me with the amount of work out you just did, one Can of amstel Malta cant and wont undo it. If i calcualted right, you just burnt and approx 600 calories and taking in only about 150. Not to mention that after your cadiovascular workouts, you burn at least a further 30% of what you originally burnt off during your workouts. example: assuming you burnt off 660 calories on that work out, after that work out when you sat at home doing nothing you burnt a further 200. So dont bother about the amstel Malt, infact my clients do take more than that after a morning work out. www.afrofitz.
modath: Sunday 31st.
20mins Jolk(Jog+Walk),500 skips and 300 stair master, finished with 2 mins of ab work.
I have taken a Can of amstel malta so 3/4 of the work has been undone but YOLO!! grin

Happy Easter,great peeps.

HG&Agaba,
Me I dey siddon look. cheesy
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by freetowns: 5:14pm On Apr 02, 2013
Exercises for abs is not only about the type of exercise but rather the techniques used. You might be doing the most effective abs workout routine, but without an understanding of the techniques involved you wont see results.
In todays post i would be talking about the primary element of an ab exercise. BREATHING. Yes Breathing. It might seem like an irrelevant factor during your workout. But i tell you breathing is the most important factor. Get your breathing right, then you would enjoy your workout more. You would even do more reps and sets for sit ups than you would if you dont really understand the breathing thing.
During ur 30 degrees sit up, u breath out wen you are coming up and inhale wen going down!! Wen u do this, u find out that your stomach muscles are being contracted in a regular pattern. Never try to exhale or breath out wen coming back up, it never works and u wuld feel knackered after 2mins.
To test what i am saying here, try and inhale and place your hands on ur stomach. Now try and exhale with ur hands still on your stomach. We culd see the difference wen we do these two things. Wen u inhale, ur stomach goes flat and vice versa wen u exhale.
Ab crunches and sit ups target the stomach muscles and stomach muscles are worked out best with the stomach pushed towards the back and not outwards.
I hope u understand this, incase you dont, I would be posting videos soon. Remember to enjoy you workouts!!! Its meant to be fun.

www.afrofitz.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 6:35pm On Apr 02, 2013
Tuesday:

Jogging 25 mins
Cooldown walk 5 mins

Happy new month!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 7:38am On Apr 03, 2013
Nice one on breathing @freetown, free to post informative stuff. You are welcome.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 7:40am On Apr 03, 2013
babs2011: Tuesday:

Jogging 25 mins
Cooldown walk 5 mins

Happy new month!

well done barbie gurl, I hope to join the tracks as soon as I renew membership at the gym. I am jog-walking this month by God's grace.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 2:16pm On Apr 03, 2013
1st of April, 15 mins Jog,10mins skip and 5 mins of stairs.
Yesterday was supposed to be a day for intervals(Intermediate intensity) but I spoke to the God of rainfall grin and it helped me make it a Lazy day, did 10 pushups!
Wed 3rd of April--JM circuit 1 & 2 of Level 1 and Level 2 of Shred and 5mins of Jump rope.
Tommorrow I intend to set my Lungs on fire on the tracks.Wish me luck.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 4:50pm On Apr 03, 2013
modath: 1st of April, 15 mins Jog,10mins skip and 5 mins of stairs.
Yesterday was supposed to be a day for intervals(Intermediate intensity) but I spoke to the God of rainfall grin and it helped me make it a Lazy day, did 10 pushups!
Wed 3rd of April--JM circuit 1 & 2 of Level 1 and Level 2 of Shred and 5mins of Jump rope.
Tommorrow I intend to set my Lungs on fire on the tracks.Wish me luck.

These girls are on fire meeeeeeeehn!!! Well done
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:08pm On Apr 03, 2013
Had water melon for dinner,did some seatups today.

for tomorrow I will set my alarm for 6am so I can go jugging for about an hour then finish off with my bicycle,hopefully it will be fun. grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 7:38am On Apr 04, 2013
EFOSA VAL: Had water melon for dinner,did some seatups today.

for tomorrow I will set my alarm for 6am so I can go jugging for about an hour then finish off with my bicycle,hopefully it will be fun. grin

Seeing your post lately, I hope you did it. Yes, you can.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:30am On Apr 04, 2013
Hour_Glass:

Seeing your post lately, I hope you did it. Yes, you can.

cheesy cheesy grin cheesy yes I did,wasn't easy to wake up by six angry but by 6:30am I was out side by force,used my invisible threadmill grin for about 30m did some streching for about 15m then did the most painful one 150 sit up.........It felt like I wanted to die shocked but well that was it I spent a total 1 and half hour out there.

As for food,am keeping it simple
Morning -2 slice of bread,1 boild egg and a cup of dieters tea (no sugar no milk).

Afternoon- 2 apples.

Night - A large portion of ugu veggie soup with chicken and fish (no Eba )
and it must be b4 7pm

God Help me........ grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 10:20am On Apr 04, 2013
Thurs:

Jogging - 25 mins

Cool down walk 4 mins

Nice work everyone smiley
Efosa welcome, I was also out pounding the pavements around the same time this morning.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by EFOSAVAL(f): 10:37am On Apr 04, 2013
babs2011: Thurs:

Jogging - 25 mins

Cool down walk 4 mins

Nice work everyone smiley
Efosa welcome, I was also out pounding the pavements around the same time this morning.

Cool smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by simababe(f): 3:17pm On Apr 05, 2013
Hapi New month 2 u all.
15mins walk
10mins on stationary bike
8hrz on desk work grin

Doin dz 4 almost 2wks now
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 5:59pm On Apr 05, 2013
simababe:
8hrz on desk work grin

cheesy now that is really funny
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 9:51pm On Apr 05, 2013
Happy new month guys. Don't let your bed or your mind food fool you. It is April!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:53am On Apr 06, 2013
agabaI23: Happy new month guys. Don't let your bed or your mind food fool you. It is April!

I personally hope so, it is my purse this time around.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 7:04am On Apr 06, 2013
My week had not been exceptionally awesome but I still thank God. I was truly lazying around on Sunday and Monday and Tues did not escape too, but it eventually ended nicely:

3 minutes push up (trying to see how many I can do in a minute, fitness level test. I was at an average of 33/min and I was classified as good, a line under excellent).

17 mins jump rope (intervals with march in place) + 10 minutes walking lunges (this time na my corridor go hear am, no be bathroom again)

10 minutes kickboxing with Billy + 58 minutes 4 mile walk away the pounds.

17 mins interval jump rope

25 mins upper body workout + 45 Taebo Cardio.

That is it for this week. Has anyone tried Yoga or Pilates at all, I seemed to be developing an appetite for it this days, I mean proper Yoga sha.

Catch you for next week's update.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 2:04pm On Apr 06, 2013
Saturday:

Jogging ( outdoors) - 49.5 mins (broken into 29 mins jogging, then brisk walk for 3 mins, resumed jogging again for 14 mins, brisk walked for 1 min, then final 2.5 min blast sprint)

Cooldown walk and stretch - 5 mins

Nice work house, have a great weekend!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by freetowns: 12:54pm On Apr 07, 2013
Hey guys dont forget your body needs rest on and off. The idea of working out through out ur life is making your work outs less intense. The strong intensity burns u out faster and you loose all the strength to keep on doing it. I tell my clients "dont burn youself out, take a week rest" and they look at me like "are u having a laugh". But trust me the come back Feeling better and wanting to work out more because they think that they need to cos of the long absense. Is a pshychological stuff!!!! Trust me it works for them and they think am a fitness Guru!!! dont forget to visit http://afrofitz./ for more tips!!!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by freetowns: 1:13pm On Apr 07, 2013
I stared cycling in June 2010 and trust me it was the best decision i took in my fitness life. Yes I do love running a lot, in fact am a run freak but when my friend introduced me to a spin Class, I have loved every bit of it. In fact it is an amazing fat burning work out and also a core body work out!!
However, the problem with spinning classes is that it is hard for beginners and very easy for the Pros. When I started spinning, I thought it was the worst work out ever. After a spinning section, I felt like my knees were about caving in and also my Quads were gone. In fact i wasn’t able to run for 3 days after every spinning class till I found this remedy. If you incorporate this to your spinning classes, then you will enjoy it more often.
1) Stretch the muscles: I am never one to stretch my muscles before any work out. But i started doing so after my spin instructor advised me to. Stretch can be any stretch that works your hamstrings, Calf and also your Quads. These are the muscles you need more when spinning.
2) Running: Yes. I do run for at least 10 mins before my spinning class. When you do these, you will notice that during the spinning classes your muscles are more relaxed and very ready to go for the 1 hr session. Thank me later
3) Standing: My Spin instructor in 2010 always incorporated stand spinning to our sessions. This helps your muscles relaxed and stretched in between a session. Any good Spin instructor has to incorporate this to their class. If your Spin instructor doesn’t, then take a cue here and do it on your own during the rest part of the spinning class.
4) Heels pointing Down: This is the most important of them all. Always spin with your heels and not your TOES. Not only is spinning with your Toes dangerous for your Achilles, it also burns you out faster!! When you spin with your toes, the core part of your body does the work for you. Though it is a hard technique to learn, but it is by far the best to use in your spinning Class.
5) Side to Side: Always make sure when spinning, you incorporate the effective movement of your abs muscle. I call it a side to side rocking.. lol. When your left heel goes down, rock the body to the left and vice versa. It’s so much fun with a good music blaring.
6) Good Music: Always remember that a good music (not one found on the internet) will help you during your work out. Find that Music that you love and Spin to it. I personally use Beyonces’ End of the world. It is my cuppa tea so it might not be yours.

For more tips, visit this page http://afrofitz./ regularly and also join a spinning class near you.

Carlos is a Spin Instructor in Dublin, Ireland. HE takes a spin class of more than 23 hrs weekly. He is also the author of this BLOG
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 3:33pm On Apr 07, 2013
@General house,
How are y'all doing?

@ Yinka,
Where are you? Have the pastries held you hostage?

@Agaba,
I need heavy weights,I don't want to register in a gym,options??

@Barbie and HG,Una welldone,lost another 1/2kg.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 3:43pm On Apr 07, 2013
Sunday:

Jogging - 33 mins
Cool down walk and stretch - 5 mins

@Mody: well done on the loss girl, your efforts are paying off! wink

Happy new week all!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:56am On Apr 08, 2013
Beautiful Monday

Keep fit.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 9:46am On Apr 08, 2013
modath: @General house,
How are y'all doing?

@Agaba,
I need heavy weights,I don't want to register in a gym,options??

@Barbie and HG,Una welldone,lost another 1/2kg.
Heavy weight? How do you mean? You can deal with 6kg and below unless you want to look like me.

You are a good loser. Gradual n sustained
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 9:47am On Apr 08, 2013
Hour_Glass: Beautiful Monday

For a beautiful damsel wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 10:36am On Apr 08, 2013
Monday

Jillian Micheals Ripped in 30 dvd (level 2)

Keep going!

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.