Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,123 members, 7,835,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (329257 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 11:33am On Oct 29, 2013
Monday 28th October
Cathe Core Cardio Circuit -51 mins

Tuesday 29th October
Tae Bo Advance - 56 mins
Cathe Kickmax (leg conditioning drills) - 12 mins

October total - 1906 mins
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Romeo4real(m): 2:40pm On Oct 29, 2013
Can someone confirm if drinking lemon juice reduces weight. I heard it and checked online saw it does but I need someone who it has worked for here.
I am a 33 years old guy and weighs 130kg, thats outrageous I know. before you insult me please know, its not food because I practically eat very little a day, then I am not fat, just huge with big bones. I am healthy but not very healthy only because I am too heavy. I really need to come down.

The myth surrounding drinking lemon juice with cold or hot water as a means to weight loss is a long standing one, but it has no basis in nutritional science.
Lemon juice is a good source of antioxidants and Vitamin C. Lemons also contain small amounts of iron, calcium and vitamin B6. Lemon juice stimulates the flow of saliva and gastric secretions, thereby aiding digestion and balancing PH levels.
Pure Lemon juice can help reduce cravings for sugary substances, and drinking Lemon juice helps hydration and makes you feel fuller; however, it can also have a diuretic effect – making you lose water through urination. All these factors may explain the supposed “weight loss” properties of Lemon juice.

Al in all, whilst Lemon juice does have a lot of health benefits, it cannot take the place of a healthy diet and exercise.

Whilst you may not consider yourself "fat" on the outside, there is a chance you may be carrying a lot of intra abdominal fat. This can be determined by measuring your Waist to Height ratio - which is a stronger predictor of obesity and other health issues, and is considered more reliable than BMI measurements. This is irrespective of how "little" you think you eat.

How tall are you?
What is your waist measurement (skin measurement)?

Either way, you need to formulate an exercise program that has both resistance and cardiovascular exercises and combine this with a healthy eating plan in an consistent manner. This is the key to maintaining a healthy weight.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by PapaFejiro: 4:18pm On Oct 29, 2013
Romeo4real:

The myth surrounding drinking lemon juice with cold or hot water as a means to weight loss is a long standing one, but it has no basis in nutritional science.
Lemon juice is a good source of antioxidants and Vitamin C. Lemons also contain small amounts of iron, calcium and vitamin B6. Lemon juice stimulates the flow of saliva and gastric secretions, thereby aiding digestion and balancing PH levels.
Pure Lemon juice can help reduce cravings for sugary substances, and drinking Lemon juice helps hydration and makes you feel fuller; however, it can also have a diuretic effect – making you lose water through urination. All these factors may explain the supposed “weight loss” properties of Lemon juice.

Al in all, whilst Lemon juice does have a lot of health benefits, it cannot take the place of a healthy diet and exercise.

Whilst you may not consider yourself "fat" on the outside, there is a chance you may be carrying a lot of intra abdominal fat. This can be determined by measuring your Waist to Height ratio - which is a stronger predictor of obesity and other health issues, and is considered more reliable than BMI measurements. This is irrespective of how "little" you think you eat.

How tall are you?

Either way, you need to formulate an exercise program that has both resistance and cardiovascular exercises and combine this with a healthy eating plan in an consistent manner. This is the key to maintaining a healthy weight.
wonderful, I am greatful for the exposure. thanks, I am 5ft 11 and my waist on tape is 43. I wake up tired with pains every morning till I ve had my bath. I started jogging buy need to be more disciplined to keep to it every morning. I think my chest has a problem cos after a rigorous task like running or something it aches me until I sit down and catch my breath. from all these please ask more or advice please. thanks.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Donvitalis(m): 6:32pm On Oct 29, 2013
dmz:

I make mine with skimmed milk not water, and I add nuts like Almonds and Cashew after
Thank yo dmz
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:11pm On Oct 29, 2013
Donvitalis:
What other oatmeal recipes can you proffer. The ones i make always taste horrible. Good Morning

What about adding bananas and peanuts?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:23pm On Oct 29, 2013
Romeo4real:

How tall are you?

Thank you for bailing us out here. Never heard of the bolded part before.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:34pm On Oct 29, 2013
10/28

20 min running
20 min stationary bike

Worked Core/Back with weights (Core was floor exercises using body weight, Back was with barbell, dumbbell and lat machine)

10/29

Recovery
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 8:50pm On Oct 29, 2013
Porridge oats - I make 40g of oats with water then top with 1/2 a chopped banana, 2 prunes ( dried fruit like Dates), 2 chopped up almonds/ walnut/brazil nut and a handful of blueberries/strawberries (basically whatever fruit I have available), then add a dash of milk ( approx 1 tbsp) to make it creamy. Any fruit topping should be good. Makes it more nutritious and tasty. Some people stir in peanut butter into the porridge but one has to be careful with the calories.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Donvitalis(m): 6:57am On Oct 30, 2013
Hour_Glass:

What about adding bananas and peanuts?
Great suggestions...now i have a wide variety of recipes to choose from. Thank yu #eclectic
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 12:06pm On Oct 30, 2013
Wednesday 30th October

Tae Bo Get Ripped - 15 mins
JM BFBM (3 cardio circuits)- 20 mins
Cathe KickMax ( Leg Conditioning Drills and cooldown) - 20 mins

October total - 1961 mins
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 1:54pm On Oct 30, 2013
Well done barbie.

10/30

20 min spinning

I did some weights today (biceps/triceps/shoulder) and it was one of my happiest moments in this lovely life me have. The trainer was in the mood to carry weights today (he trains with other guys) and so I think in that spirit the guy started challenging my muscles, I felt so proud of myself getting to my fatigue on just 5 reps, by the time I was getting to the 6th set, it was really better.

Yay
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 3:32pm On Oct 30, 2013
Hour_Glass: Well done barbie.

10/30

20 min spinning

I did some weights today (biceps/triceps/shoulder) and it was one of my happiest moments in this lovely life me have. The trainer was in the mood to carry weights today (he trains with other guys) and so I think in that spirit the guy started challenging my muscles, I felt so proud of myself getting to my fatigue on just 5 reps, by the time I was getting to the 6th set, it was really better.

Yay
That means I should work harder in order to keep up. wink wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uzoo: 5:41pm On Oct 30, 2013
i'm on a detox routine ,i needed something to help me lose a bit of weight

i'm aiming to shed 8 kg before the end of november , so far i've lost 2kg.

i also jog 3 times a week too.

my detox is routine is here http://productsthatactuallydowork..com/2013/10/my-detox-routine.html
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 9:23pm On Oct 30, 2013
@Barbie,
Bravo..... You gals(HG as well )have been doing great & since I'm sort of feeling left out I'm gonna start posting my log.

Today,30 Oct
25mins of MIIT
15mins of strength training.

@HG,
You making my head swell with the stuff you do. I'm challenged smiley

@R4R,
Howdy?

@Uzoo,
Let me be blunt;Be prepared to lose more than fat, I didn't open the link but I know its one of these stuff that aren't sustainable. Just do it(diet&exercise).
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 10:13pm On Oct 30, 2013
My fitness philosophy is 80% nutrition, 20% fitness, and 100% mindset.

^ this what I'm aspiring to live by.

Waves at Modath. smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Romeo4real(m): 1:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
@PapaFejiro -

Your Waist to Height ratio is in the percentile that gives cause for concern. The absolute waist circumference is 40ins for men (>102 centimetres) and 35ins for women (>88 centimetres). The Waist-Hip ratio is >0.9 for men and >0.85 for women.
Extreme height can mitigate these figures, but not by much.
For people under 40, a WHtR of over 0.5 is critical - yours is 0.6 Basically, if your waist circumference is half your height or over, then you need to sit up and take notice.
Higher values of WHtR indicate higher risk of obesity-related cardiovascular diseases; beacsie it is correlated with abdominal obesity (fat around and inside the abdomen).

You need to formulate an exercise plan/eating asap. You also need to do a Blood Pressure check as soon as you can.
Forget the jogging; as you are not fit enough to do it properly at this stage, and it may may cause you knee/ ankle problems. Fast paced walking is good enough for now. It must be at least 45mins to have the desired effect, and must be fast enough to leave you out of breath, but not panting or gasping for air.
Also do a complete overhaul of your diet - Reduce red mean, salt, fatty foods and sugary drinks. Eat more vegetables, fruits and complex carborhydrates. Reduce meal portions and eat more frequently. Drink at lleat 1.5Ltrs of water/day.
All the best

@Hour Glass -

The waist-to-height ratio (WHtR) of a person is defined as the person's waist circumference, divided by the person's height, and is a measure of the distribution of body fat. Higher values of WHtR indicate higher risk of obesity-related cardiovascular diseases; it is correlated with abdominal obesity or central obesity. Remember this is not neccesarily about fat in other areas of the body, but fat predominantly in the abdominal area.

There is also the Waist–hip ratio (WHR), which has also been used to measure body fat distribution. Both ratios have been found to be better predictors of cardiovascular diseases than BMI.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Romeo4real(m): 1:31pm On Oct 31, 2013
Hey Modath...how u been? I'm good. Don't see you much here. What's up with that?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 4:17pm On Oct 31, 2013
Romeo4real: Hey Modath...how u been? I'm good. Don't see you much here. What's up with that?

I am permanently logged in to NL on my phone and its been acting cray for ages.. It sometimes just hangs mid way while am reading stuff or I try to post and the keys get jammed,its a torch screen but I'm too aggressive for predictive texts. cheesy
Apparently its water that got trapped someplace in the phone, I was shocked when the technician told me he didn't do nothing but air dry it, there is hope for this country after all. Honest folks still dey.
R4R,on this issue of weight to waist measurement ratio,some of us(me) grin go tear cloth fight you ooo, moi with my post 2 CS and distended/weak ab muscle nko?

My log for today.
JM's BFBM, the whole DVD,(50mins)but ...

@Barbie,
How are you able to do this and still have the energy to do other workouts immediately after?? shocked.. That stuff can kill mehn!! I was winded and I'm not blowing my horn here;but I gat stamina!! Babe let me know how ya doing it!!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 8:42pm On Oct 31, 2013
Hey Mody!
Well done. I agree about BFBM being a killer and if you look at my prev posts I actually only attempted to do other workouts straight after it for one week only! Mehn it was just sheer determination. At least when you do that workout you know you have indeed paid your dues cardiowise that day lol grin!

On another note, I have managed to lose 4kg (8.8lbs) this month of October, yipee cheesy!!
I started at 74kg on 1/10 and today 31/10 I stepped on the scales and now weigh 70kg!
Also i recorded nearly 2000 mins of workouts for this month.
So going forward in November, more of the same however I want to focus on my nutrition a lot more as this is an area I wasn't so consistent with in October. Portion control, self control and healthier choices.

So lets continue into the new month with renewed motivation!

1 Like

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 8:47pm On Oct 31, 2013
babs2011: Hey Mody!
Well done. I agree about BFBM being a killer and if you look at my prev posts I actually only attempted to do other workouts straight after it for one week only! Mehn it was just sheer determination. At least when you do that workout you know you have indeed paid your dues cardiowise that day lol grin!

On another note, I have managed to lose 4kg (8.8lbs) this month of October, yipee cheesy!!
I started at 74kg on 1/10 and today 31/10 I stepped on the scales and now weigh 70kg!
So going forward in November, more of the same however I want to focus on my nutrition a lot more as this is an area I wasn't so consistent with in October. Portion control, self control and healthier choices.

Thumbs up. Losing 4 kg no be beans ooo

1 Like

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by dmz(m): 9:23pm On Oct 31, 2013
@babs2011 fantastic work. Ure a machine. Keep up the good work. What is your ideal weight? How tall are you? I have this image of a super toned model material female.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 11:03pm On Oct 31, 2013
babs2011: Hey Mody!

Well done and congrats barbie gurl, I am so happy for you. I am sure weighing in is the last thing I wish to do right now, I am just tired of seeing the same range of figures always. grin

Where is that guy
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 5:33am On Nov 01, 2013
@Barbie,
To go from 74-70 in 30days is just great, what makes it so nice is that you weren't heavy to start with,applause!!!
I used weights for some of the moves and still intend to do so next time(I felt like it wasn't challenging my muscles) at the end of the 4th or 5th circuit though (not so sure) I was just powering through. The truth is that my OCD will always get in the way. cheesy.. I don't know how to do walks anymore, I just break out in a run unconsciously.
The days you do over 2hrs of workout, do you take a break or just keep going?do you do them BACK to BACK without taking a break or you take some time to rest? Cos I see 120 mins of powerwalk(what is it exactly) and some other stuff same day on your log.
I really raise my glass to the efforts you put it and the results you get.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 9:49pm On Nov 01, 2013
Thanks everyone for your kind words!
@dmz- lol, I wish o! My ideal weight is between 60- 63kg. I'm 5ft 4 inches.

@Modath: the days I do over two hours workout I do take a break. I do my usual workout dvd first thing in the morning. The power walking I do with a friend later on in the morning, usually Thursdays. We walk at a very fast pace, nearly running and long intentional strides with arms pumping too. We can just about maintain a conversation but I'm usually breathing hard. I feel it in my quads after. That is my version of 'power walking'. cheesy We walk nearly 10km in this time.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 9:53pm On Nov 01, 2013
Friday 1st November

Brisk walking - 15 mins
Jogging - 20 mins
Cathe Kick Max ( Leg Conditioning Drills ) - 20 mins

Happy new month all!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 9:58pm On Nov 01, 2013
Today na only curls and swimming
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by dmz(m): 11:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
agabaI23: Today na only curls and swimming

you just dey take your own jejely... grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:10am On Nov 02, 2013
@ curls and swimming. Where is this new passion for swimming coming from sef.

11/1

20 min on the treadmill running, I did a mile at 12 min yesterday. I have a 1 Mile Beginner Run (virtual) next week.

20 min on the cross trainer

squats/front raise and static lunges, both with weights.

Weekend tinz.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 7:43am On Nov 02, 2013
dmz:

you just dey take your own jejely... grin
My brother na so. If I do more than I am doing now, I will be scaring HG away. I don't wanna scare her.

Actually, I was weak. Have been on the gym since Sunday!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 7:46am On Nov 02, 2013
Hour_Glass: @ curls and swimming. Where is this new passion for swimming coming from sef.

11/1

20 min on the treadmill running, I did a mile at 12 min yesterday. I have a 1 Mile Beginner Run (virtual) next week.

20 min on the cross trainer

squats/front raise and static lunges, both with weights.

Weekend tinz.
Baby just swim around Olympic sized pool once or do a butterfly stroke from end to end and then listen to the sound on your body. It is effective and yet not aggressive. The water takes care of a lot of things.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by dmz(m): 9:13am On Nov 02, 2013
I wish I could swim. Will start another lesson next year.
November is nutrition month. Going hard on my diet. No cheat days, portion control.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 10:40am On Nov 02, 2013
@Agaby,(my in-law) cheesy
Swimming is the bomb,fries fat and shapes muscles,and so easy on the joints,wish I had access to a pool..

@HG,
You don't sneeze at swimming ooo,it works the upper body like no man's biz,(u nor dey see dem chad le clos,missy franklin shoulders and rib cage)the first time I tried it,I got major body aches, was even wondering if them beat me for dream cos something wey look so simple no suppose dey that hard.

@Barbie,
I get u now,was wondering how you do it,I'm a morning and outdoor exerciser& anything beyond 60-75mins isn't gonna for me cos I go HARD..Used to go for long distance walks myself but haven't done so in a long long time cos I can't help but break into a run.I do interval runs(the body can NEVER get used to running lai lai) stepper and jump ropes.

1/11..
Market waka took care of that.

2/11..
Interval runs (30mins),jump rope and stepper for cardio(20mins)
Lunges and squats with weight.
Finished it off with a couple of push ups, mountain climbers and plank twists.

I intend to go back to 5days of exercise as my back is doing better now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.