Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,642 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People (65597 Views)

Important Drums Of The Yoruba People / 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People / 15 Common Misconceptions About Yoruba People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by dayotheone(m): 2:45pm On Jan 01, 2016
thank you my yoruba people.. i know say you people will come out to comment,.. to back our tribe (be it melancony way no they talk self ).. we must win and back this discussion, even with this mouth-talk before we possibly fight the real war.. if possible..

end time assumption.. (this pple are giving us )
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by BobbyDean(m): 2:49pm On Jan 01, 2016
I think the oyinbo has said some meaningful things. Yorubas value diplomacy & dialogue, @least before it gets to fight/war cos they strongly believe life is priceless & only the living can be hopeful of anything(maybe thats why they like turn ups). I think they make an amazing tribe altogether.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by ZUBY77(m): 2:50pm On Jan 01, 2016
LarrySun:
Tell me, sir, what did you expect? And what's wrong with the last two sentences?

As someone who writes, I believe you are aware that one can never grab 100% expressions at all times, no matter the country you come from.

In the case of Mr. Blaine Harden, he is not English man, he is America. Let us not make the mistake of thinking that everybody from America must know English like the British. That is never gonna happen.

4 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by ElekeNtioba: 2:52pm On Jan 01, 2016
Sagamite:

You are a daft cretinous fuuktard!

Which Okrika History books have you been reading, fuuktard?

paging....mynd43, mynd44, mynd45, mynd46 grin grin grin
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by jstriker442(m): 2:53pm On Jan 01, 2016
Sagamite:

Fck your God(s)! angry

Koni dafun gbogbo yin. (E no go better for all of you). You and your daft Gods.

You have Gods that made you stuuupid enough to want to die for them?
Bro, can u see hw dumb u are ??
Can you ??
I think you can now.
Ts only a fool who lives an unpricipled life, guided by nothin.
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Sagamite(m): 2:53pm On Jan 01, 2016
ElekeNtioba:

paging....mynd43, mynd44, mynd45, mynd46 grin grin grin

Fuuktard, is that your answer?
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Tallesty1(m): 2:54pm On Jan 01, 2016
sameer1212:
Lmao... True talk sha. But I no they take beer o grin
I dey suspect ur laugh walahi
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by doveda: 2:54pm On Jan 01, 2016
ElekeNtioba:

LWKMD...jealous of 72 uncircumcised virgin boys ravishing you

you are proof Islam is for the dimwitted... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dumb Infidel, what is your deal?

It takes a twisted dimwitted Infidel to claim 72 virgins BS.
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by doveda: 2:56pm On Jan 01, 2016
jstriker442:
read well, what the op posted. Then tell me wat u undastand

Why don't you go back to what you have written

So far I have been replying to idiot.s not the op's post. You quoted me and I replied.

What exactly is your problem?
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 01, 2016
peeparty:
you seee my mention?
No sir.
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Diaryofnaija: 3:00pm On Jan 01, 2016
Nah wah o! This thread has turned into a full blown forum fight.
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by jomoh: 3:01pm On Jan 01, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:

My point?
While Port Harcourt was having street cult groups (debam, dey well and the likes)
pulling hits, burning blocks, Lagos was peaceful and quiet.

The man die woman born another attitude is not a thing you see daily in Lagos.

In fact most of the ''wahala'' were not by the Yoruba boys. They were mainly from guys of Delta Origin and Ibo origin who speak Yoruba.
Back in School, Enforcers, Amoury and Purse where also chosen based on bravey. If you know an XYZ ask him.
They were hardly given to Yoruba boys. I am not saying they were all weak. But the Delta, Bini/Esan, Bayelsa, Rivers boys were known brave hearts.
My observations are not universal. I speak from my own experience.

While the Ogoni confraternity is well known, groups like these (king maker groups) are common even in the Riverine area I come from. However, ogboni is very popular. A lot. So much so it spread from Binis to Yoruba and all through the south west and South east today. There are conclaves.

Compare Soyinka's Pirates and what cult groups became from the mid 90s to early mid 2000s-It shocked even Shoyinka.

Like the guys from ,MI-5/MI-6 Said about James bond. If he appeared today in MI-5/MI-6 he would be given a desk and wont even be allowed on the field. All that hard man stuff is bullshit today. Smarter people can take you down before brute strength.

Anyway let us not celebrate violence.

I know a lot of ABC and I grew and lived in their mist. Even as at today I'm still going to see at least 2 of them.

What we are talking about here is not about who made it popular but who started it. It might be an in vogue thing in the east today and the West might not be able to stand against them as of today but it can never be dismissed that it actually started from the West.

Everything you see on the street today actually started from palace traditions of ritual carrying cult groups before it was mixed with the higher institution confraternity which brought the violence.

The West had being their done it even though the west cannot stand in comparism with the East of today.

Its like Terrorism. People tend to forget that terrorism actually started with christian extremists but the activities of today's Islamic sects dwarfs the violence of the original terrorists.

A agree with you not to promote violence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by PrinceEvolution(m): 3:08pm On Jan 01, 2016
we like faji...we believe in live and let live motto..no beef no hate and we install updated spyware MAGUN on our women software to scare away trojans..lol
Nature8:
Everything the Journalist said is perfectly correct..

3 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by BobbyDean(m): 3:08pm On Jan 01, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

Very true. I spent almost 2 decades of my life amongst Yoruba people, they are not inclined to fight.
Though they can do much braggado o, they can make lots of noise grin, but violence isn't really their thing especially the enlightened ones amongst them. What I noticed is, people that have wrong opinion about Yoruba people_ probably never stayed amongst them or they encountered the wrong set. Every tribe sure has black sheeps...
you have said well. I wonder why some people call this cowardice. Even God Almighty is slow to anger

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by jstriker442(m): 3:08pm On Jan 01, 2016
doveda:

Why don't you go back to what you have written

So far I have been replying to idiot.snot the op's post. You quoted and I replied

What exactly is your problem?
you guys are so quick to resort to insults.
Very childish nd not the best way to begin a year.
We not talking bout jst fighting bro. But standing for wat u believe, defending it nt to hide @ d slightest provocation Thats why i said read nd repost. Maybe we understood differently. I dnt hate no tribe neither am i a tribalist.

#team1naija

the op jst dd a description of cowardice
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by ElekeNtioba: 3:08pm On Jan 01, 2016
BobbyDean:
I think the oyinbo has said some meaningful things. Yorubas value diplomacy & dialogue, atleast before it gets to fight/war cos they strongly believe life is priceless & only the living can be hopeful of anything(maybe thats why they like turn ups). I think they make an amazing tribe altogether.

“Part of the art of survival as a coward is not letting things get to the point where that cowardice is exposed.” - Mark Lawrence

BobbyDean:
I think the oyinbo has said some meaningful things. Yorubas value diplomacy & dialogue, atleast before it gets to fight/warcos they strongly believe life is priceless & only the living can be hopeful of anything(maybe thats why they like turn ups). I think they make an amazing tribe altogether.

“Those who lack courage will always find a philosophy to justify it.” ― Albert Camus

2 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Ephyartz: 3:09pm On Jan 01, 2016
One thing is sure, if we were all Yoruba there wouldn't be terrorism, coz I don't see any Yoruba risking his/her own life to bomb anywhere. Nigeria would a been a safer place to live in.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by teamchocolate: 3:09pm On Jan 01, 2016
And that is wisdom, which side yoruba for join before? The losing side?

It shows yorubas are very intelligent. They analyse issues before they take decisions

Not like some fools across the Niger, all mouth no brain

ElekeNtioba:

u need to have a good history of yorubas to understand their cowardice. these same people terrorized smaller and lesser-powerful kingdoms like dahomey bt when they came up against d hausa/fulani - an equal-sized empire - they ran away.

They joined the Nigerian side during the civil war, ONLY when they were convinced Biafra is d weaker side and had little international support.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by PrinceEvolution(m): 3:11pm On Jan 01, 2016
omo make una call 911..i don sight cannon and matches here...
Ishilove:

”Ishioma, you're a disgrace, I swear” is not incendiary??

I come from the south-south of Nigeria, and so do you. This Nnamdi Kanu asked the Igbos in the east to attack the northerners. If this were to happen and their brethren in Lagos retaliate, I and my household and other innocent people will be lumped together with Igbos and attacked.

If rejoicing that the dangerous bufoon is incarcerated is a disgrace, then the disgrace is just beginning.

If you don't know how to express yourself without insults, I beg you, because of the relationship we have, DON'T QUOTE ME because I will not hold back when I'm dishing it out to you very hot.
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by doveda: 3:12pm On Jan 01, 2016
jstriker442:
you guys are so quick to resort to insults.
Very childish nd not the best way to begin a year.
We not talking bout jst fighting bro. But standing for wat u believe, defending it nt to hide @ d slightest provocation Thats why i said read nd repost. Maybe we understood differently. I dnt hate no tribe neither am i a tribalist.

#team1naija

the op jst dd a description of cowardice

Bla bla bla
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 01, 2016
jomoh:

I know a lot of ABC and I grew and lived in their mist. Even as at today I'm still going to see at least 2 of them.

What we are talking about here is not about who made it popular but who started it. It might be an in vogue thing in the east today and the West might not be able to stand against them as of today but it can never be dismissed that it actually started from the West.

Everything you see on the street today actually started from palace traditions of ritual carrying cult groups before it was mixed with the higher institution confraternity which brought the violence.

The West had being their done it even though the west cannot stand in comparism with the East of today.

Its like Terrorism. People tend to forget that terrorism actually started with christian extremists but the activities of today's Islamic sects dwarfs the violence of the original terrorists.

A agree with you not to promote violence.

Yeah, the Christian crusades and inquisitions were no less than terrorism. Worse in most cases.
This topic don give me bad PR for here already.
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by PrinceEvolution(m): 3:15pm On Jan 01, 2016
well said...
drrid:
[b][/b][size=8pt][/size]yeah
if there is no yoruba no nigeria
we are the brain cells,the spine and the sight of nigeria
we do love and care for others tribe
i am original yoruba
i am a man of Rep
i Rep yoruba
hit like if you rep yoruba[center]yeah
i am original yoruba
i am a man of Rep
i Rep yoruba
hit like if you rep yoruba[/center]yeah
i am original yoruba
i am a man of Rep
i Rep yoruba
hit like if you rep yoruba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by BobbyDean(m): 3:16pm On Jan 01, 2016
ElekeNtioba:

“Part of the art of survival as a coward is not letting things get to the point where that cowardice is exposed.” - Mark Lawrence

“Those who lack courage will always find a philosophy to justify it.” ― Albert Camus

so what would your suggestion be please?
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by PrinceEvolution(m): 3:19pm On Jan 01, 2016
from the roof of a foolish man u point to the roof of a brave man..
daretodiffer:

You are right

Losing is the worst thing

Warriors are those who survive wars

If you rush into a fight, you will lose and you will end up dead
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by BobbyDean(m): 3:20pm On Jan 01, 2016
ElekeNtioba:

the last time some sets of people decided to be brave, they also surrended. All hail the land of the brave!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by datigbogirl: 3:22pm On Jan 01, 2016
Setaje:
And before some idiots come to say they are cowards. Remember that before we became one Nigeria, yorubas have fought so many wars within themselves. War is never the answer to any question. Nothing as worthy as dialogue, diplomacy and respect of boundaries.

Don't mind them foools, we grew into wisdom b4 dy did.

1 Like

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by jstriker442(m): 3:22pm On Jan 01, 2016
Sagamite:

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

A cretin saying he would die for his Gods and lands is talking about "dumb"? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ko ni da fun in 2016. (E no go better for you in 2016).

Fuuktard, you are asking is I see how dumb I am? I am suppose to be the one seeing self-dumbness? grin grin grin grin

Cretin!
all u wish a peaceful man shall return to you this year nd beyond a thousand times and over. RTS.

Starting a year with insults ??

Back to sender
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by ElekeNtioba: 3:24pm On Jan 01, 2016
teamchocolate:
And that is wisdom, which side yoruba for join before? The losing side?

It shows yorubas are very intelligent. They analyse issues before they take decisions

Not like some fools across the Niger, all mouth no brain

LMAO....u ar confusing self-preservation with wisdom. what is there to analyse in choosing between two sides of unequal strength.... grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne / Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi At Gabriel Igbinedion 85th Birthday (Photos) / I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.