Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People (65594 Views)

Important Drums Of The Yoruba People / 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People / 15 Common Misconceptions About Yoruba People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Oildichotomy(m): 3:17pm On Dec 31, 2015
Ishilove:

Not until you apologise for that incendiary comment you posted yesterday. Honestly, I expected better from you and i was so disappointed that you could write such
I don't think I should be the one to apologise for incendiary comment. Buhari went "incendiaricly" rebellious yesterday and you guys were having orgasms while at it

Anyways.. I love you still (That could pass for an apology too I suppose)

7 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Funjosh(m): 3:28pm On Dec 31, 2015
Wetin I no go hear lipsrsealed
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 31, 2015
Tallesty1:
Lols!

Even some northern Muslims enjoy beer.

Hardly. Mostly prefer weed to alcohol as we find alcohol to be the most disgusting and primitive substance.

1 Like

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 31, 2015
Yeah, yorubas are quite nice and laid back, we had this one Yoruba bloke in our class back in the day, spoke hausa quite well, sometimes you'd forget he's yoruba, hardly cares about religion.

Also find that yorubas have a lot of interfaith and intertribal marriages, even though it's islamically allowed if you try something like that where I'm from, not that were bigots, you get banished or worse. Lol! Even bringing a non hausa home gets you in trouble.

4 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 31, 2015
LarrySun:
Was he praising or insulting the Yorubas? The so-called Whiteman can't even write in perfect English expressions. This shows that every race has its shortcomings.
what if he was dutch or an Argentinian?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by LarrySun(m): 6:13pm On Dec 31, 2015
saxywale:

what if he was dutch or an Argentinian?
He was called an American journalist.

1 Like

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by LarrySun(m): 6:15pm On Dec 31, 2015
Ishilove:

Lol. Larry, you are more concerned about the man's grammatical dexterity than any other thing. That's why i just love you, because we are so similar cheesy
I love you more, ma'am.
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Zikdik(m): 7:06pm On Dec 31, 2015
LarrySun:
Was he praising or insulting the Yorubas? The so-called Whiteman can't even write in perfect English expressions. This shows that every race has its shortcomings.
What part of his write-up is grammatically incorrect?
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by dejilg(m): 10:45am On Jan 01, 2016
the religious part is quite funny though!!! but its worth noting that over the years, the Yorubas have seen that war isn't the answer, it will breed contempt, nobody wants to be a loser!!! as we can see with this Biafra thing, it probably won't go away

That shit up there just gets me laughing!!!

8 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by scholes0(m): 11:17am On Jan 01, 2016
lol, so Seun sent this to fp .....
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by free2ryhme: 11:18am On Jan 01, 2016
white man tells a bitter truth
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 01, 2016
100% correct
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by millionboi(m): 11:19am On Jan 01, 2016
oyia yorubas vs oyibos
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by cocoduck: 11:19am On Jan 01, 2016
rubbish nonsense
awolowo did not even participate, taaa gbafuo
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 01, 2016
Well we know they believe death is not an option in any confrontation.

A living dog is better than a dead lion. That is their philosopy.

Although now dem dey form cult and hard men after places like PH and Warri don dey abandon am finish.

While to some other tribes (like mine), death is not the worst thing that can happen to a man

2 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 01, 2016
Anyway, Yoruba's are doing well.

If I say what is on mind, we might be banned for one night grin

+ at the motor park, if you see some of them in contest, all you notice is ...wristwatch is pulled, shirt, belt and shoes are removed and they run in circles with their opponent/opppsition.

+ the first punch is a slap not blow.

+ followed by noise

+ then one runs to get bottle

+ the other runs to get plank

+ the rest is noise, noise and too weak to fight for their rights.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 01, 2016
Well we know they believe death is not an option in any confrontation.

A living dog is better than a dead lion. That is their philosopy.

Although now dem dey form cult and hard men after places like PH and Warri don dey abandon am finish.

While to some other tribes (like mine), death is not the worst thing that can happen to a man

But truth is most times, dying accomplishes nothing.

4 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by damton(m): 11:20am On Jan 01, 2016
b
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by hyperflex(m): 11:20am On Jan 01, 2016
LarrySun:

Wait o! You want to correct the whiteman's English. You who borrowed or was given the language by the white man. OK o! Bon chance with that

3 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by passionate88: 11:20am On Jan 01, 2016
Nature8:
Everything the Journalist said is perfectly correct..
that that was then.
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by kay29000(m): 11:22am On Jan 01, 2016
Setaje:
And before some idiots come to say they are cowards. Remember that before we became one Nigeria, yorubas have fought so many wars within themselves. War is never the answer to any question. Nothing as worthy as dialogue, diplomacy and respect of boundaries.

Thank you o! Those people will never understand why the wise will always go further than the physically strong...they feel everything is solved by fighting.

9 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by sarutobie(m): 11:23am On Jan 01, 2016
MorrowCaligari:

Hardly. Mostly prefer weed to alcohol as we find alcohol to be the most disgusting and primitive substance.
this doesn't even make sense, how can one prefer hard drugs to alcohol? how can a fermented grape juice ( also called wine) be more disgusting than nicotine? I don't get it..which is more natural of the two? oh well, to each his own.

3 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by theshaderoom: 11:23am On Jan 01, 2016
LarrySun:
professor! Which expression was not clear?
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Onyiido: 11:23am On Jan 01, 2016
scholes0:
The Journalist is right with the part where he says the Yoruba were reluctant participants in the Biafra war, but was wrong on the rest.
Seconded
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by quaid(m): 11:25am On Jan 01, 2016
LarrySun:
What are the shortcomings there? Pls correct him.
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by ElekeNtioba: 11:25am On Jan 01, 2016
so yoruba cowardice no be today matter grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by adsami1: 11:26am On Jan 01, 2016
tongue
Tallesty1:
Lols!

Even some northern Muslims enjoy beer.

Nd dey call it gia
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by hyperflex(m): 11:26am On Jan 01, 2016
Mr Blaine Harden was very observant tho. I am sure the locality he observed was what he described! English and its euphemistic manner of insults lol. For me it was very funny. No tribe is as Islamic as the Hausas in Naija and no tribe is as Christian as the Ibos. Yoruba just merge the thing ni. He didn't say the Hausa n Igbos r superior sha.

3 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by emmafems01: 11:27am On Jan 01, 2016
simply put, Yorubas act reasonably

26 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Bollinger(m): 11:28am On Jan 01, 2016
LarrySun:

Really? Just because you are used to hyperboles and over exaggeration does not mean the rest of the world does. He is not trying to praise or insult anyone. He is just stating the facts as he sees it.

4 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by bellville: 11:29am On Jan 01, 2016
I laughed hard when reading this. So so true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne / Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi At Gabriel Igbinedion 85th Birthday (Photos) / I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.