Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People (65608 Views)

Important Drums Of The Yoruba People / 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People / 15 Common Misconceptions About Yoruba People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by ariesbull: 11:29am On Jan 01, 2016
Ishilove:
I couldn't stop laughing when I saw this cheesy cheesy

http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2004/aug/031.html

https://twitter.com/toluogunlesi/status/682164417199517696

The oyibo said the truth

If u say it here suen and his co travelers will term it tribalistic

Happy new year

1 Like

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by YonkijiSappo: 11:30am On Jan 01, 2016
ariesbull:

The oyibo said the truth

If u say it here suen and his co travelers will term it tribalistic

Happy new year

Was it not the same seun that sent this topic to front page?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by isacolukay(m): 11:32am On Jan 01, 2016
Ishilove:

Before anyone accuses me of tribalism, my oldest and closest friend is a Yoruba lady from Ondo state. angry
Does that matter? Ur friendship to a Yoruba lady is a personal thing that is inconsequential on nairaland. Inasmuch as you might not have the intention of hurling insults, you successfully made the Yoruba race an object of ridicule by opening this thread.

No thanks.

In any case, Happy Nu Year!

4 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by ebig21(m): 11:32am On Jan 01, 2016
Ishilove:

”Ishioma, you're a disgrace, I swear” is not incendiary??

I come from the south-south of Nigeria, and so do you. This Nnamdi Kanu asked the Igbos in the east to attack the northerners. If this were to happen and their brethren in Lagos retaliate, I and my household and other innocent people will be lumped together with Igbos and attacked.

If rejoicing that the dangerous bufoon is incarcerated is a disgrace, then the disgrace is just beginning.

If you don't know how to express yourself without insults, I beg you, because of the relationship we have, DON'T QUOTE ME because I will not hold back when I'm dishing it out to you very hot.

Threatening him cos you are a mod. Nigerians cannot take criticism. Small power they go haywire, cant you argue with him normal. Sometimes it is good to come down from your stand and know how it feels to just be a commenter. Because sexkills was once a mod and no where to be found cos he used his power ultra vires.
Happy new year

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Sunofgod(m): 11:32am On Jan 01, 2016
C.H.A.M.E.L.E.O.N.S . . . . .

3 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by omooba969(m): 11:34am On Jan 01, 2016
scholes0:

Yes, Garage Touts are the new group of people who are to be used in characterising Yoruba people.
By the way, who is this white journalist? Seems like an unknown character...... his/her skin color does not lend any extra credibility in this case than what any nairalander could say.

Tolu is very silly for posting such nonsense, wallahi. cheesy

@bolded,

What has the skin color got to do with his/her submission?

Does it make any difference if you or the commenter pass comment on the Chinese or Asians?

We need to be careful with our choice of words in relation to our individual judgement when passing comments especially on social media.

Peace cool

2 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 01, 2016
Oildichotomy:
Yeah, I am done. embarassed Can we just move on to the part where you answer the question please?

Thank You

Why die when you can solve the problem with tact and wisdom. Problem solved, you can continue enjoying living. Killing two birds with the stone of patience.

1 Like

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by mrDennis(m): 11:35am On Jan 01, 2016
dunno if na real whitey or not but his assessment is on point .

Yoruba nation see no use for war... tho disagreements is a "normal" thing .because yorubas tend to over analyse issues.

if that is cowardice then It's a virtue I hope other tribes emulate.

dying over trivial issues like religion , ethnicity , culture is just plain irrational.

the piece correctly points out yorubas were reluctant to enter the war ... BUT we all know when Yoruba did, their effect was DEVASTATING to their opponents across the Niger.

Peace is a beautiful thing!

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by drrid(m): 11:36am On Jan 01, 2016
[b][/b][size=8pt][/size]yeah if there is no yoruba no nigeria we are the brain cells,the spine and the sight of nigeria we do love and care for others tribe i am original yoruba i am a man of Rep i Rep yoruba hit like if you rep yoruba[center]yeah if there is no yoruba no nigeria we are the brain cells,the spine and the sight of nigeria we do love and care for others tribe i am original yoruba i am a man of Rep i Rep yoruba hit like if you rep yoruba[/center]yeah if there is no yoruba no nigeria we are the brain cells,the spine and the sight of nigeria we do love and care for others tribe i am original yoruba i am a man of Rep i Rep yoruba hit like if you rep yoruba

12 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by scholes0(m): 11:36am On Jan 01, 2016
omooba969:

@bolded,

What has the skin color got to do with his/her submission?

Does it make any difference if you or the commentator pass comment on the Chinese or Asians?

We need to be careful with our choice of words in relation to our individual judgement when passing comments especially on social media.

Peace cool

Nah, I said that because someone said because an Oyibo said it, it was supposed to be credible.
A lot of posts have been edited since the thread was opened.

2 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by ZUBY77(m): 11:37am On Jan 01, 2016
LarrySun:
Was he praising or insulting the Yorubas? The so-called Whiteman can't even write in perfect English expressions. This shows that every race has its shortcomings.

Mr. Larry, i didn't expect the last two sentences from you.

2 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by TruthHurts1(m): 11:37am On Jan 01, 2016
LarrySun:
Was he praising or insulting the Yorubas? The so-called Whiteman can't even write in perfect English expressions. This shows that every race has its shortcomings.

So all descriptive narratives should only be about either praise or insult? Typically ignorant Nigerian. No wonder most of you perform so poorly in TOEFL and IELTS despite your so called university education.

7 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by kestolove95(m): 11:38am On Jan 01, 2016
Opposite ar d ibos

1 Like

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by ElekeNtioba: 11:39am On Jan 01, 2016
Ishilove:

Define 'cowardice', please.

u need to have a good history of yorubas to understand their cowardice. these same people terrorized smaller and lesser-powerful kingdoms like dahomey bt when they came up against d hausa/fulani - an equal-sized empire - they ran away.

They joined the Nigerian side during the civil war, ONLY when they were convinced Biafra is d weaker side and had little international support.

11 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by gaby53: 11:40am On Jan 01, 2016
scholes0:
Oh Well, what can I say ..... Two points from what the journalist said:

*1- Yorubas are not inclined to die in the name of any religion
*2- They blow inconsequential things out of proportion

Which is True or False?

Click Like if only #1 is correct.
Click Share if both are correct.
so so true
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 01, 2016
kaycii1:

therez an atom oF COWARDICE

Oh please!
Did you know the longest war in history was fought between Yotubas. We have been fighting wars that we got so tired of fighting wars.

9 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by drnairalov: 11:41am On Jan 01, 2016
Ishilove:

I come from the south-south of Nigeria, and so do you. This Nnamdi Kanu asked the Igbos in the east to attack the northerners. If this were to happen and their brethren in Lagos retaliate, I and my household and other innocent people will be lumped together with Igbos and attacked.

If rejoicing that the dangerous bufoon is incarcerated is a disgrace, then the disgrace is just beginning.

If you don't know how to express yourself without insults, I beg you, because of the relationship we have, DON'T QUOTE ME because I will not hold back when I'm dishing it out to you very hot.

aww i feel bad for ur friendship.
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by damton(m): 11:42am On Jan 01, 2016
Omo yoruba ni mi o.

The land where the sun sets

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by bollixy(m): 11:42am On Jan 01, 2016
That is the honest tendency of the yoruba race towards Nigeria and religion,d guy get sense. Omo oodua ni mi wink

4 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by maximunimpact(m): 11:43am On Jan 01, 2016
not so convinced on the religious angle, almost all top churches are founded by yoruba Christians.......
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by MXrep: 11:43am On Jan 01, 2016
nairaland is a proof of how quarelsome yorubas can be

7 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by repogirl(f): 11:44am On Jan 01, 2016
I just came to laugh also. cheesy

Ishilove, happy new year to you dear, I wish you the best this new year. Love, blessings and fulfilment this new year. Amen.
Saw your mention earlier.

3 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by omooba969(m): 11:44am On Jan 01, 2016
scholes0:

Nah, I said that because someone said because an Oyibo said it, it was supposed to be credible.
A lot of posts have been edited since the thread was opened.

Understood smiley but reference to skin color connotes a lot of things you know.

No love lost. smiley

Speak up against Racism !
Speak up against Tribalism !!
Say No to Racism!!!
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by francizy(m): 11:45am On Jan 01, 2016
Setaje:
And before some idiots come to say they are cowards. Remember that before we became one Nigeria, yorubas have fought so many wars within themselves. War is never the answer to any question. Nothing as worthy as dialogue, diplomacy and respect of boundaries.

Forget about the wars you guys fought. Forget olden days ish, even if Fela was the only brave man SW ever produced, I'd personally regard the whole of SW as fearless humans that dare even the devil himself (OBJ, IBB, Abacha, Buhari, etc.). Fela came, he saw and he conquered.

Btw, I think the SW has recorded the highest number of activists in Nigeria of which many of them stood for what they believed in even till they were executed by the military murderers.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 01, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:

Well we know they believe death is not an option in any confrontation.

A living dog is better than a dead lion. That is their philosopy.

Although now dem dey form cult and hard men after places like PH and Warri don dey abandon am finish.

While to some other tribes (like mine), death is not the worst thing that can happen to a man
You are right

Losing is the worst thing

Warriors are those who survive wars

If you rush into a fight, you will lose and you will end up dead

4 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by 2016Utmerunz: 11:46am On Jan 01, 2016
Hi, happy new year to you, How are you?
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Aminat508(f): 11:48am On Jan 01, 2016
Kilohun sele nibi bayii? undecided

1 Like

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Malakh: 11:48am On Jan 01, 2016
make him con dey fear you because you dey dish out,all hail ishilove because she be mod lol
Ishilove:

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Yanks101: 11:49am On Jan 01, 2016
Setaje:
And before some idiots come to say they are cowards. Remember that before we became one Nigeria, yorubas have fought so many wars within themselves. War is never the answer to any question. Nothing as worthy as dialogue, diplomacy and respect of boundaries.
Cowardice is a relative term. Most ethnics in africa also fought intra-tribal wars. No big deal.
The fact that they fought themselves does not mean they have the courage to go to war with another major ethnic. grin

3 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by nightmile: 11:50am On Jan 01, 2016
kaycii1:

therez an atom oF COWARDICE

If a nation is reluctant to participate in a war does not mean she will be defeated at the war front. Yorubas still burst the ass of the bia bia coward from cocaine republic before he escaping to Drogba's village. The coward is dead and EBORA is still bouncing like a bouncer .

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by bettercreature(m): 11:51am On Jan 01, 2016
Yoruba is capable of winning any war without firing a Shot,During the biafra war,Yoruba actually brought the idea of changing the Nigerian currency and cut food supply to the east which actually lead to the deadly starvation and genocide in south east.THE MAJOR REASON OJUKWU SURRENDERED,We are no coward! we are just more superior mentally to other tribes

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Yanks101: 11:52am On Jan 01, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne / Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi At Gabriel Igbinedion 85th Birthday (Photos) / I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.