Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,709 members, 7,813,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation (22415 Views)

Atiku Has Been Plotting Buhari’s Failure Since 2014 – Mohammed Lawal / Lady Protests In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari's Failure To Probe Akpabio (Pics) / Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by neutralg(m): 11:59pm On Dec 31, 2015
😉😉😉
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 01, 2016
Do not try to makes us feel apprehensive about the future of Nigeria. Everyone needs to realise the mistake they have made for bringing a leader who doesn't have a clear-cut ideology on how to govern a country.

It was a mistake and we are doomed to suffer the consequences because things are going worse already.

Instead of him to focus on how to solve the problems affecting the common masses, he his busy fighting his political enemies(Dasuki, Nnamdi Kalu and even MTN) that does not benefit the populace in any way.

I weep for my fellow Nigerians. They suffer not because they are not hard working but simply because they refuse to use their heads to think and see that APC is built on deceit and propaganda.

5 Likes

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by obailala(m): 12:01am On Jan 01, 2016
EasternActivist:

that's a lie.
Jonathan was a failure did Nigeria fail.?

If buhari fail Nigeria won't fail also.
You people should stop this nonsense just to buy in peoples emotions.
Buhari can only fail himself. And that's a fact.

And give me one reason to convince me why people should pray for Nigeria which is built on fraudulent structure?
A large nation which doesnt have forex reserves to support its free-falling currency, doesnt that sound like a failed nation?

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by FlyboyZee: 12:02am On Jan 01, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
You didn't get the point. Did u?

Who is standing in line at the fuel station?
Who has no electricity?
Who is suffering from unemployment?

We are not new to things like these. In short, we saw worst in the days of the short one with the dark glasses who PMB eulogizes. Except for kids born in the 90s, who might be too young then to understand anything.

Bro, e don tay no be today...

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by fratermathy(m): 12:03am On Jan 01, 2016
sorom4:
@Op..... I'm so disappointed in your long epistle cos you first of all sounded like an APC Zombie. You have already taken sides. If WE don't positively criticize this administration to respect court orders, fight corruption among his cabinets instead of telling us that they are all saints, condemn every injustice or attacks on her people from the NA, BH, Police,etc and fulfil at least MOST of her promises; who will? I have noticed that this administration ad all her supporters are so much afraid of criticism; that's why una wan block the social media bill and also why our treasury was used to feed some hungry people that calls themselves social media change agents.
This administration is the cause of her problem and that of nigeria and they should stop blaming anybody; after all most of them are part of the last 16 years and beyond.

I have said it before and I repeat that I am not a partisan. I would say the same thing even if JESUS CHRIST is our President. We need Nigeria to work. This is not an issue of criticism. We can criticise sir but it is an issue of proferring solutions to our collective woes. Let us not be blind to the fact that Nigeria is SUFFERING as it is now because of various reasons that have evolved over the years. Let Buhari work or we all suffer. Even those shouting his name and cursing him will suffer worse because there'd be nothing to look up to for them.

Happy New Year Bro.
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by moneyurch(m): 12:04am On Jan 01, 2016
cramjones:
If Buhari fails, it will be clearly because of the destruction that President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan caused.

-CramJones
do u need help? because u sound like a first class onye ara, i dont like commenting on politically activated topics, but common sense is at stake here

4 Likes

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by 3rdlegxxx(m): 12:05am On Jan 01, 2016
Happy New Year World.
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by FlyboyZee: 12:21am On Jan 01, 2016
fratermathy:

You should know that in current Nigeria, it is IMPOSSIBLE to undertake a REVOLUTION without killing at least 5 persons! So your theory of bloodless revolution is not obtainable.

In the course of making such revolution, should the government fail, the following events are bound to occur:
1. Government officials including Buhari himself will escape from the country or be killed. In both cases, we gain nothing.
2. The common man shall battle among his colleagues for power and if care is not taken tyranny shall rise.
3. The constitution will definitely be suspended and things shall go awry, atleast for a short period of time.
4. Assuming the government fails, it is safe to deduce that funds will be lacking and alot of people will be jobless coupled with the fact that we wont have natural resources to export again. All these will render us economically barren and Nigeria will descend far far lower than South Sudan, Liberia and Zimbabwe.
5. Insecurity will ferment and become a plague. The so-called common men may be murdered and insurgents may take over the nation and impose some terrible dogma on all of us.

The list of probable events is endless. The truth is that WE NEED PMB to SUCCEED regardless of our own political disposition. We can guide him, spank him, criticise him but like a loving child, we must still wish him well in our heart and pray for the success of the Nigerian project is that tearing apart slowly.
You don't disappoint. Do you?

How many lives were lost when India re-engineered and became an economy to be reckoned with?

How much blood was shed while China were reworking themselves to emerge as a world economic power?

Who died Singapore for them to become an emerging economy?

Did Taiwan kill their citizens to emerge?

The days of bloody revolutions are gone. They happened in pre-medieval and medieval times. The word is ECONOMY. Who controls that controls everything. It is about economic revolution, my brother. Even, the colonialism going on right now is economic and not that civic ish the British did then.

Zimbabwe now uses the Chinese Yen, how many people died for that to happen? That's colonialism, its now all about controlling the economy and not about killing people yo stamp your authority. No wonder PMB is very high on your rankings...

Happy New Year!

5 Likes

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by FlyboyZee: 12:27am On Jan 01, 2016
fratermathy:

Sire, please cogitate deeply on my post. Buhari's success or failure is deeply tied to ours as a nation AT THIS PERIOD OF TIME IN NIGERIAN HISTORY WHERE OUR FORTUNES ARE DWINDLING. Any mistake made now may not be recovered from for a long time. Buhari is no saint and we may believe that he can successfully fail and it wont affect us but we would be wrong. Already, many of us are queueing for fuel which is sold at exorbitant rates, many of us are afraid to travel for fear of bad roads, kidnapping, Boko Haram, etc. Many of us do not have jobs and dont have the connections to get them. Many of our schools are decrepit and even rodents wont be comfortable in them. These are current happenings! Imagine what will happen should things be worse than this! Buhari wont suffer it o! He would only be insulted and case would be closed. He would live out his life and die happily at the end. We are the ones who would be left to pick up our failure and start over. Let us think about that critically!!!

You keep resounding this ish. IBB failed, Abacha failed, OBJ failed, did Nigeria fail?

What's so special about PMB failing self? After all, he is the one setting himself up for failure...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by LFJ: 12:41am On Jan 01, 2016
EasternActivist:
When Jonathan was in power, we didn't care to listen to this kind of lecture as there were no lecture.

Why now that buhari is in power, that we are having these APC zombie lecturers?

You guys haven't seen anything yet as the misery that comes with the present administration is yet to unfold.

Rubbish

Your type will never understand the level of your foolishness until it destroy you. You will understand the full meaning of what you wish for your country when you become unemployed.

4 Likes

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by maishai: 12:43am On Jan 01, 2016
Buhari cannot fail by nigeria standard, but based on his campaign bruhaha promising to be Nigeria's messiah without realising dat his predecessor actually sat on a hot seat, I know the present day Nigerians will be merciless on him come 2019.
After watching the last media briefing, he is as clueless as GEJ,only difference is his strong headedness....
Anyway, i still pray for him

one Nigeria

OBJ must be laughing wherever he is....... HIS THIRLD TERM AGENDA IS FAR BETTER THAN ALL THIS NONSENSE WE ARE MADE TO PASS THROUGH SINCE HE LEFT

6 Likes

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by tauraro22: 12:45am On Jan 01, 2016
I think say you get better thing you wan talk. Smh...
[/quote][quote author=fratermathy post=41526288]

Listen bro. Do not compare Buhari with Jonathan. Their situations are quite far apart. Let me explain to you.:

-During GEJ's tenure, crude oil was sold at a high price and we had various buyers and so the economy was stable. In Buhari's tenure, the price and buyership of crude oil has dwindled.

-During GEJ's tenure, we had higher foreign reserves. In fact, we were RICH! At the end of GEJ's tenure and in Buhari's tenure, our wealth has dwindled. We are at the brink of being broke as a nation.

-During GEJ's tenure, corruption was unchecked and so public officers were audacious and walked with impunity. In Buhari's tenure, there is a looming fear of what will happen. Corrupt officers are desperate to avoid court cases and above all, the government is implementing stringent economic sanctions and measures to curb money laundering.

-During GEJ's tenure, the amount of unemployed Nigerians were far lesser if compared with the end of his tenure. Due to our limited resources, jobs have been lost and even those who have jobs are not being paid. It could get worse.

-During GEJ's tenure, the media was bought off. AIT, NTA, etc, rarely lampooned the government like seen today in Buhari's government.

I could go on and on. GEJ's failure did not affect Nigeria much because at its peak, there was MONEY!!! In this dispensation, there is no money and insecurity is getting worse. Things are hard. Any mistake could spell DOOM!!! We have to be hopeful. Let us pray for CHANGE! Let us pray that GOD uses BUHARI to move Nigeria to a greater height. If we dont do this, then we are agents of DOOM and we shall suffer the repercussion of our actions.

IT IS WELL!

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by LFJ: 12:49am On Jan 01, 2016
MXrep:
It doesnt matter what ppl pray for. If he has what it takes to suceed he will but unfortunately he doent not have and when he eventually fails it should no be blamed on those who prayed for him to fail

Only bright mind understand what it takes to succeed. Since you are not in that category ...

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by coolscott(m): 12:51am On Jan 01, 2016
fratermathy:

cc:
Lalasticlala, Seun, Obinoscopy, Dominique, HopeatHand, LordAdam, Freemanan, Goodboiyy, Thesonofmark, Passingshots, Tonyebarcanista

This is how you should have edited the post

Alot of people do actually want the Buhari led Federal Government of Nigeria to fail woefully so that they can prove their points that Buhari is a dictator, that he is no saint, that he lacks the rudiment of leadership or they simply want him to fail for the mere fun of it. Oh how wicked people can be! Imagine gambling with our collective future as a nation just to prove a silly point!
One thing is certain and clear, one way or another Buhari has found himself as our President and he shall remain as such for the next few years. He was elected President at a dire moment in our national history.

The price of crude oil is falling and our richest buyers have abandoned us for other sources. The economy is in a bad shape and corruption has enveloped all aspects of the society so deep that even children are corrupt! Nigeria at this point is headed for failure except we have credible leadership and we wish the nation well.
Let us look at what will happen if Nigeria should fail, as some detractors want. For one, unemployment will double and with unemployment comes the plague of violent crimes such as armed robbery, kidnapping, ritual murder, etc. These crimes wont be directed at the leaders who have good security but at the masses, you and I, who did not wish the government well.

Another thing that will happen should the government fail is that the Nation shall be split and a civil war is bound to follow. Nigeria, that has remained one since 1914 against all odds, shall be divided into various factions and each of these factions shall fight each other for land, resources, etc and who will suffer for it? It is you and I as well. War is never a good thing, no matter the intention for which it is fought.
If the government fails, the Naira will lose all value and inflation shall occur. Imagine buying a chewing gum at the rate of N1000.

That is bound to happen if things go south. When inflation happens, the leaders wont suffer for it, they will most likely move abroad and get their basic needs there. However, we the masses shall suffer in penury should this occur. Even business men, importers/exporters and criminals like internet fraudsters (Yahoo Boys) wont be exempted from the sufferings because they wont be able to cash out their dollars and pounds in Nigeria!
Imagine our corrupt officials stealing our national wealth to foreign countries and allowing us to suffer in penury for crimes we did not commit. Imagine these leaders living flamboyantly whilst people cannot even afford a bread for breakfast! This shall happen if we allow this government to fail by pushing her to the wall and crying foul play and selective justice!

Insecurity shall become our collective problem should the government fail. Boko Haram shall gain more strength, more territories and possibly launch attacks on other parts of the country.

If this government fails, Nigerians will become pariahs in global affairs! No one will want to associate with Nigeria due to our notoriety. Even Ghana, Niger, Togo and Benin will dissociate themselves from us. We will be in debt that we may never be able to pay for decades! Infrastructure will be zero and development shall recede like a jet fueled plane.

If this government fails, money will be scarce as is already being predicted by detractors! Jobs will be lost and even those with jobs wont be paid. Imagine if this happens to you or your family members and friends! Imagine a government that cannot pay salaries for 12 months+. Imagine the poverty, hunger, frustration that we will encounter! No one will be exempt from it. Not even businesses because if no one has money to buy anything, businesses will crumble down and fail. There will be widespread suffering. Even Nigerian students in diaspora will be forced to return and join the league of sufferers.

In fact, our sufferings will be innumerable should this government fail. Worse still shall be the fact that even if another government comes on board, it shall take years, possibly a decade, for things to go back to normal if we continue with our bad attitude. No other government may get it right if this government leaves with things going worse. The past 16 years have been bearable because we had money in the country due to our crude. However, that crude money is dwindling, we are in a state of oil gloom. Capital projects may not be developed without money, infrastructure will go obsolete and there wont be money to repair and maintain them.

I am not saying that we cannot criticize government and her policies but such criticisms should be constructive and productive. The previous government failed because we were prophesying doom rather than giving constructive criticisms and opinions. Rebirth takes time. Even the Renaissance of Europe took over a century to reach its peak! I believe Buhari has the experience and wherewithal to make Nigeria a better place. I believe in him, not for any other thing but for the fact that if he fails, we all FAIL!
The best way we can encourage them is to pray for them and criticise them constructively by saying what they are doing wrong and how they can do it better. Right now, we are only seeing what is going wrong! The real question is HOW CAN THINGS BE BETTER? I haven't seen any critic answer this question. I learnt in school from my great teacher and Associate Professor, Dr. Sunny Awhefeada, that criticism is baseless when recommendations are not made! He averred that Criticism without recommendation is nothing but an insult, an attack and a spell for doom. Criticism with recommendations is productive and it is a tell-tale sign of patriotism.

We tend to believe governance is left for those in government without realising that governance is everybody's affairs. If the government fails, we also fail with them. Governance must start from our hearts! Most people saying 'Buhari this, Buhari that' are the most corrupt fellows spoiling Nigeria! Some of these youths who come online to prophesy doom are actually internet fraudsters, thieves, tribalists, practisers of nepotism, favouritism and givers/takers of bribes. Many of them give money to their lecturers to pass exams, others sleep outrightly with lecturers. Many of them collect the hard earned thousands and hundreds of dollars, euros and pounds of foreigners in the name of "Yahoo-Yahoo" and still come and say our leaders are corrupt! I pray God should not smite the souls of hypocrites in this nation! How can we prophesy doom when we are all GUILTY of the same thing we accuse government of? Goodluck Ebele Jonathan was a good man but we collectively spoilt his governance, with his input, by calling him "clueless" without suggesting ways for him to be "clueful".

We made his government worse by prophesying doom and now we want to finish the destruction we started in this new administration. May God FORGIVE US ALL!!!
Please pray for Buhari to succeed because of our collective future. Pray for him to rule this country with wisdom rather than spew bunkums that bother on doom. Can anyone survive a civil war in Nigeria? Can we survive hardships, prolonged nationwide insecurity, inflation of currency and prices, fuel scarcity, etc? Nobody wants to suffer!!! Buhari certainly wants to leave a legacy and be immortalised as the President who led us to our Eldorado. Let us be patient and criticise constructively. Instead of saying "We have entered ONE CHANCE" or "Baba is CLUELESS", let us say "Baba should have said or done this instead of saying or doing this" . Nigeria is a delicate project and her future is in our hands! Let us make 2016 our year of globalisation and industrialisation. I am not a partisan politician neither am I in support of any party but I am a national patriot and I have forgone any personal opinion for the betterment of Nigeria! I pray we all do the same. Nigeria is OUR COUNTRY. It doesn't belong to any particular person or group of people. It is OURS! If it succeeds, it is OUR SUCCESS. If it fails, it is OUR FAILURE.

In PMB, I TRUST!

Thoughts and Sentiments of Mathias Orhero
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by fratermathy(m): 12:52am On Jan 01, 2016
FlyboyZee:

We are not new to things like these. In short, we saw worst in the days of the short one with the dark glasses who PMB eulogizes. Except for kids born in the 90s, who might be too young then to understand anything.
Bro, e don tay no be today...

FlyboyZee:

You keep resounding this ish. IBB failed, Abacha failed, OBJ failed, did Nigeria fail?

What's so special about PMB failing self? After all, he is the one setting himself up for failure...

That's exactly what I am trying to resound. These people you mentioned were NEVER in the condition that the Nation is facing today. During IBB's, Abacha's and OBJ's tenures, there was relative normalcy, security and financial stability as opposed to what obtains now. The truth is simple, if Buhari fails, he'll live on his like in his palatial mansions like IBB but the common man wont find it easy to move on. It'll be a disaster because Nigeria has nothing else to export!!! Our crude is facing problems, our naira is essentially useless, there are no refineries, no good roads, no electricity, etc. These things portend great dangers ahead should PMB fail.

We cant dictate what Buhari should or should not do. However, we should always remember that any decision he makes can make or mar the nation and he may likely not be there to see us suffer for it. The best we can do is wish him well and CRITICISE HIM CONSTRUCTIVELY!!! Nigeria has had plentiful years to learn from our past experiences.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by fratermathy(m): 12:53am On Jan 01, 2016
coolscott:

This is how you should have edited the post

If I had put everything in quotes then people wont be able to quote me. A quoted quote usually comes up as empty hence my removal of the "CC" from the quote.

Thanks nonetheless. Was there any other thing I should know of?
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Eluwilussit(m): 12:53am On Jan 01, 2016
Goodboiyy:

Yes.. i understand how you feel.. i already made an earlier claim regarding that.. but we just need to pray for pmb .. if buhari fails , then Nigeria fails .. this is the point the writer is trying to make

Buhari should get whatever he wished those before him. That's my honest prayer. If he fails, that will not be the end of Nigeria. From 1960 till now, hasn't Nigeria failed in every single national endeavour? The masses still dey kampe. Nothing do us, at all.

With his unruly past utterances and behaviours, why should he be the one "chosen" to lead us to el-dorado. Dude doesn't deserve any goodwill from any reasonable Nigerian. Have we forgotten so soon about the youth corpers that were senselessly wasted by his followers? What did he say or do about it? We all know how he ran to the SW to protest the killing of some Fulani vagabonds. But same idiiot kept mute while his followers massacred all before them.

Your reasoning is simply too idealistic. Nature doesn't reward evil with good. Whatever a man sows, let him reap.

PMB, may you reap whatever you sow. May whatever you wished Jona, OBJ and Yar'Adua, be your portion in this 2016. Amen!

8 Likes

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by nobeku: 12:57am On Jan 01, 2016
EasternActivist:
When Jonathan was in power, we didn't care to listen to this kind of lecture as there were no lecture.

You guys haven't seen anything yet as the misery that comes with the present administration is yet to unfold.

Rubbish
OKPO!!!!! You have started again in this brand new year.. You are TOAST!

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by fratermathy(m): 12:59am On Jan 01, 2016
FlyboyZee:

You don't disappoint. Do you?

How many lives were lost when India re-engineered and became an economy to be reckoned with?

How much blood was shed while China were reworking themselves to emerge as a world economic power?

Who died Singapore for them to become an emerging economy?

Did Taiwan kill their citizens to emerge?

The days of bloody revolutions are gone. They happened in pre-medieval and medieval times. The word is ECONOMY. Who controls that controls everything. It is about economic revolution, my brother. Even, the colonialism going on right now is economic and not that civic ish the British did then.

Zimbabwe now uses the Chinese Yen, how many people died for that to happen? That's colonialism, its now all about controlling the economy and not about killing people yo stamp your authority. No wonder PMB is very high on your rankings...

Happy New Year!

These countries are different from Nigeria! You should know that Nigeria is an heterogenous nation and one has to thread carefully. The reason why Biafra agitators have some internal squabbles among themselves today is because all the groups cannot come to terms and speak with one voice. The various factions such as Ikwerre, Imo, Afikpo, Orlu, Anioma, etc have varying interests. This is only within ONE ethnic group. Now imagine that on a national scale.

Nigerians can simply not come together and have a revolution, peacefully or otherwise, without ethnic, personal or religious interests coming in place. We are not yet ripe for that. In Nigeria, our ethnic identity comes first before our national identity. This differentiates us from China, Russia, America, England, etc whose nationality and ethnic identity have been merged into the same concept.

I actually do pray for a revolution so that the young intellectuals can have the mantle and lead the country to utopia. However, we must first overcome ethnicity, corruption (at the lowest levels) and denigratory criticisms.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by nobeku: 1:00am On Jan 01, 2016
EasternActivist:

that's a lie.
Jonathan was a failure did Nigeria fail.?
If buhari fail Nigeria won't fail also.
You people should stop this nonsense just to buy in peoples emotions.
Buhari can only fail himself. And that's a fact.

And give me one reason to convince me why people should pray for Nigeria which is built on fraudulent structure?
Your level of FOOOOOLERY is unmistakably MAGNIFICENT...
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by fratermathy(m): 1:09am On Jan 01, 2016
Eluwilussit:

Buhari should get whatever he wished those before him. That's my honest prayer. If he fails, that will not be the end of Nigeria. From 1960 till now, hasn't Nigeria failed in every single national endeavour? The masses still dey kampe. Nothing do us, at all.

With his unruly past utterances and behaviours, why should he be the one "chosen" to lead us to el-dorado. Dude doesn't deserve any goodwill from any reasonable Nigerian. Have we forgotten so soon about the youth corpers that were senselessly wasted by his followers? What did he say or do about it? We all know how he ran to the SW to protest the killing of some Fulani vagabonds. But same idiiot kept mute while his followers massacred all before them.

Your reasoning is simply too idealistic. Nature doesn't reward evil with good. Whatever a man sows, let him reap.

PMB, may you reap whatever you sow. May whatever you wished Jona, OBJ and Yar'Adua, be your portion in this 2016. Amen!

PMB may have wished others bad. Heck, I dont even care if he did so. Karma is a personal thing. We cant suffer for Buhari's personal karmic rewards.

Now, let us reason together.
The so-called previous governments' failures we can referring to, what are the nature of the failures? Most are monotonous in nature such as corruption, insecurity, lack of development and infrastructure, unemployment, etc. These failures have evolved over time and have climaxed, ironically, in the Buhari era. The issues are no longer monotonous, they have become polyphonous and are bound to boomerang soon enough. How did we cause this? We did not let ourselves be swept by the spirit of the day. We keep saying change, change, change! Is it Buhari that will flog us not to collect bribes? is he the one to stop us from using connections rather than merits? Buhari is only ONE MAN and his government can only do what it can but governance is a two-sided affair in which our input must play progressive or regressive roles.

If Buhari fails, youths will be unemployed, insecurity shall be the order of the day, naira shall lose its last stand of pride, fuel shall be a scarce commodity, life shall be hard, things will be difficult, etc etc etc. Buhari will be blamed but HE WONT SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES! That is my POINT!

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by coolscott(m): 1:11am On Jan 01, 2016
fratermathy:

If I had put everything in quotes then people wont be able to quote me. A quoted quote usually comes up as empty hence my removal of the "CC" from the quote.

Thanks nonetheless. Was there any other thing I should know of?
No. And I did a poor job of editing it myself. Still editing. Not that I think Buhari is great. Far from it. It is just more people will read if there is more white space within

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by fratermathy(m): 1:16am On Jan 01, 2016
coolscott:

No. And I did a poor job of editing it myself. Still editing. Not that I think Buhari is great. Far from it. It is just more people will read if there is more white space within

Oh, I get you. Thanks for the initiative. Most Nairalanders are lazy readers! Some simply comment based on what the topic says.

If I could edit the original post and make it more spacious I would but I think Nairaland locks that feature.
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by fratermathy(m): 1:18am On Jan 01, 2016
tauraro22:
I think say you get better thing you wan talk. Smh...

Oya sir, please say "better thing" since I nor fit talk am. Im waiting for your thread. Make sure to mention me so that I can learn.
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by 1miccza: 1:21am On Jan 01, 2016
The truth id inas much as i am not an apostle of failure, the truth is if he fails nothing will happen.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by fratermathy(m): 1:23am On Jan 01, 2016
Blured:
Do not try to makes us feel apprehensive about the future of Nigeria. Everyone needs to realise the mistake they have made for bringing a leader who doesn't have a clear-cut ideology on how to govern a country.

It was a mistake and we are doomed to suffer the consequences because things are going worse already.

Instead of him to focus on how to solve the problems affecting the common masses, he his busy fighting his political enemies(Dasuki, Nnamdi Kalu and even MTN) that does not benefit the populace in any way.

I weep for my fellow Nigerians. They suffer not because they are not hard working but simply because they refuse to use their heads to think and see that APC is built on deceit and propaganda.

You seem to know so well about what Buhari is doing. The question is this: what have you done with your knowledge of what Buhari is doing? Do you sit at home and start flabbergasting the man or you make an extra initiative to tell him and the nation how he should do things since you obviously believe you know how to run a country better?

Please make sure you run for a political position come 2019! If we had young men with ideas who can stand the test of integrity and honesty, Buhari wouldn't even be there in the first plan. The choice for Buhari was between the devil and the blue sea and Nigerians chose the blue sea. Now all we can do is to be patient, positive, prayerful and constructively critical. If we do not do so, we shall be the ones to suffer for Nigeria's doom.
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by fratermathy(m): 1:26am On Jan 01, 2016
1miccza:
The truth id inas much as i am not an apostle of failure, the truth is if he fails nothing will happen.

Already, he has not failed yet and things are happening! Do we have constant light? what of fuel? what of good roads? what of jobs? All these and he has not failed yet. Imagine if he fails sir! Can you imagine it?

It shall be well with all of us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by johnshrewd: 1:31am On Jan 01, 2016
what is a government without the people and where will the people be without the government....personally I feel the responsibility of governance rests both on the government and the governed as both parties are intertwined and the relevance of either one cannot be overemphasized.....from this stand point Nigeria as a nation will only fail if both the government and the governed agree to it consciously or unconsciously.....so if APC were to fail in delivering their electioneering promises to us it will only mean that we have all failed collectively cus believe it or not we all have a role to play in governance......God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by fratermathy(m): 1:33am On Jan 01, 2016
johnshrewd:
what is a government without the people and where will the people be without the government....personally I feel the responsibility of governance rests both on the government and the governed as both parties are intertwined and the relevance of either one cannot be overemphasized.....from this stand point Nigeria as a nation will only fail if both the government and the governed agree to it consciously or unconsciously.....so if APC were to fail in delivering their electioneering promises to us it will only mean that we have all failed collectively cus believe it or not we all have a role to play in governance......God bless Nigeria

Thank You Sir!!! You have interpreted my point effectively without being sentimental about it.

The governed are as guilty as the governors if things go awry. Funny enough, the governors wont flinch. It is the governed that will suffer everything.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by appini: 1:37am On Jan 01, 2016
Eluwilussit:

Amen
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by abimic(m): 1:37am On Jan 01, 2016
EasternActivist:

Rubbish
I didn't go through his long epistle but I went through a larger part of the piece and he shares my thoughts. If PMB fails, the nation is heading for the rock as this is just the last hope of the nation. The lectures are so needed because PDP built us schools with bombed out buildings, even the lectures are received under the almond trees if u so understand my parables. PMB is still cleaning the mess of PDP and PDP couldn't have given us lecture when they already shot themselves in the foot. I don't think PMB would fail as he reinstated that, he is accountable for his appointees unlike some hat bowled people and that none of his ministers would embarrass his government. With these assertions, heads would roll if he needs to instill a forceful discipline, a salient one lacking in our ex presido. With Dasuki and others still behind bars, I believe he is determined against all odds to put Nigeria in the right track.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yusuf Buhari Spends 6th Day In Hospital / Onnoghen: Falana Accuses NBA Of Playing Double Standard / Ibori, Uduaghan, Other Bigwigs Shun Delta PDP Campaign Council Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.