Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation (22420 Views)

Atiku Has Been Plotting Buhari’s Failure Since 2014 – Mohammed Lawal / Lady Protests In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari's Failure To Probe Akpabio (Pics) / Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by tosyne2much(m): 4:49am On Jan 01, 2016
fratermathy:

Firstly, I am not a partisan politician. Secondly, I am not an "APC zombie" as you put it.

During the time of Jonathan, we were still under the impression that things may get better with time. Things didn't. During Jonathan's era, our economic conditions were much better. At this precarious time in our history Buhari has to succeed. Forget about his promises now. He just has to succeed for our sake. We need to progress as a nation. ARE YOU NOT TIRED OF COMPLAINING?
Bro, this write-up is well analysed and brilliantly written. I duff my boxers for you !

May God increase you in wisdom.. Happy New Year bro cool
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by AreaFada2: 5:38am On Jan 01, 2016
MXrep:
It doesnt matter what ppl pray for. If he has what it takes to suceed he will but unfortunately he doent not have and when he eventually fails it should no be blamed on those who prayed for him to fail

You know some people believe in voodoo economics. grin cheesy

They think the wishes of opposition or opponents is what crashes an economy, not poor management and lack of sound policies and poor implementation of policies.

Soon they will be asking prayer warrior to help the economy. grin grin

The op is looking for a way to shift the blame on those who think GMB cannot manage our econonmy. And exonerate the president.

The possibility that such people might be "kwarrekt" is alien to him. shocked

Because the handwriting is on the wall. Already. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by bamasite(m): 6:01am On Jan 01, 2016
Op, you have excellent understanding! What more can i say?
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Nobody: 6:05am On Jan 01, 2016
fratermathy:

You spewed this rubbish and Nigerians clicked LIKE!!! Chei! This is exactly the reason why all of us will suffer if things dont work out. How can a sane mind pray for misery? Do you know what misery is? Do you think we have ever suffered misery in this country? As imperfect as GEJ's government was, Nigerians were not in misery. Now you want PMB to put us in Misery? God WILL NEVER LET THAT HAPPEN TO MY DEAR NATION. This is not even an issue of Buhari anymore, I am tired of complaining! I am tired of hearing people wail and weep! I am pledged to the Nigerian project! Nigeria shall be great and GOD SHALL EMBARRASS YOU this new year.

For those clicking LIKE, are you or were you ever jobless? If yes, is Buhari the cause? Now imagine if Buhari adds to the failure that caused our collective unemployment! Do you think you can sleep at home peacefully? Armed robbery will have a permanent site in every street! Even Yahoo-Yahoo wont work because there'd be no dollars in the country to exchange with. Imagine being without food for days, without a job and with insecurity as the order of the day. I wouldnt even wish that for my greatest enemy. Your ability to wish misery on Nigerians show that you lack any form of sympathy even to your own family members! It speaks volumes of the level of your sanity.

I really really pray that this government succeeds so that you guys can laugh in your shame. I'd bookmark this day and remember your username. When Nigeria gets better, I'd make a post and mention you as one of the agents of doom and how GOD HAS SHAMED YOU and your fellows!

Freemanan, you are conspicously absent on this discussion. I presume you must be busy eating rice! Come and let us discuss the state of the nation.
Jasysandra, you are summoned!

Most of these guys are beyond help.
Just allow them be... Its a new year...
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Nobody: 6:16am On Jan 01, 2016
EasternActivist:
When Jonathan was in power, we didn't care to listen to this kind of lecture as there were no lecture.

Why now that buhari is in power, that we are having these APC zombie lecturers?

You guys haven't seen anything yet as the misery that comes with the present administration is yet to unfold.

Rubbish

The fact that you got those likes Justifies Fratermathy post. It is a shame.

Op, you speak like a Nigerian Youth, the epitome of all that we dream of. Grow in wisdom Calabar poet....

Nigeria must better....
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Nobody: 6:18am On Jan 01, 2016
AreaFada2:

You know some people believe in voodoo economics. grin cheesy

They think the wishes of opposition or opponents is what crashes an economy, not poor management and lack of sound policies and poor implementation of policies.

Soon they will be asking prayer warrior to help the economy. grin grin

The op is looking for a way to shift the blame on those who think GMB cannot manage our econonmy. And exonerate the president.

The possibility that such people might be "kwarrekt" is alien to him. shocked

Because the handwriting is on the wall. Already. cheesy grin

Clap for yourself sir..,
You sound so smart,,,
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Nobody: 6:20am On Jan 01, 2016
nyben4eva:
The OP is crying over a rotten milk.Nigeria is already a failed nation.A nation where injustice,bad governance,excessive looting,intimidation,disobedience of court orders,unlawful killings by force men,lies,deceit etc prevails,is already doomed.

A nation founded on lies and inequality,where impunity is seen as an act in the right direction;where some people are treated unfairly and unjustly simply because of their ethnicity,religion,and tribe.

The country is on auto pilot,enrout a course of an un charted destination,where the obvious is bound to happen.A journey of no return is a better definition of the current situation of Nigeria because she's already a failed nation.

The above facts about the country is never my prayers for Nigeria.I truly pray this country works for our good,but we love to misplace priorities because we don't put Nigeria first,we rather put our tribes,selfish interests and friends before our dear country.

The only way we can get it right is to simply tell the truth which is this: By practicing true federalism or resource control.Without it,we're only putting the cart before the horse and we'll continue to remain a 1000 years behind civilisation.

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Nobody: 6:23am On Jan 01, 2016
LFJ:

Just imagine this retarded mind as a councillor.
Such imagination disturbs thinking process sir.
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Nobody: 6:25am On Jan 01, 2016
Blured:
Do not try to makes us feel apprehensive about the future of Nigeria. Everyone needs to realise the mistake they have made for bringing a leader who doesn't have a clear-cut ideology on how to govern a country.

It was a mistake and we are doomed to suffer the consequences because things are going worse already.

Instead of him to focus on how to solve the problems affecting the common masses, he his busy fighting his political enemies(Dasuki, Nnamdi Kalu and even MTN) that does not benefit the populace in any way.

I weep for my fellow Nigerians. They suffer not because they are not hard working but simply because they refuse to use their heads to think and see that APC is built on deceit and propaganda.

And the opposition is built on credibility that have been seen for the past 16years...

Clap for yourself Mate..
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Nobody: 6:25am On Jan 01, 2016
Unfortunately any government that violates the rule of law will FAIL.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Nobody: 6:27am On Jan 01, 2016
jasysandra:
Nobody is lecturing you.if you don't like the post just pocket your RUBBISH comment.

Or logout
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Nobody: 6:28am On Jan 01, 2016
egbonnla:
Unfortunately any government that violates the rule of law will FAIL.

Unfortunately NL dont have any rule banning members whose comment defiles logic and common sense.
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Nobody: 6:33am On Jan 01, 2016
fratermathy:

You should know that in current Nigeria, it is IMPOSSIBLE to undertake a REVOLUTION without killing at least 5 persons! So your theory of bloodless revolution is not obtainable.

In the course of making such revolution, should the government fail, the following events are bound to occur:
1. Government officials including Buhari himself will escape from the country or be killed. In both cases, we gain nothing.
2. The common man shall battle among his colleagues for power and if care is not taken tyranny shall rise.
3. The constitution will definitely be suspended and things shall go awry, atleast for a short period of time.
4. Assuming the government fails, it is safe to deduce that funds will be lacking and alot of people will be jobless coupled with the fact that we wont have natural resources to export again. All these will render us economically barren and Nigeria will descend far far lower than South Sudan, Liberia and Zimbabwe.
5. Insecurity will ferment and become a plague. The so-called common men may be murdered and insurgents may take over the nation and impose some terrible dogma on all of us.

The list of probable events is endless. The truth is that WE NEED PMB to SUCCEED regardless of our own political disposition. We can guide him, spank him, criticise him but like a loving child, we must still wish him well in our heart and pray for the success of the Nigerian project is that tearing apart slowly.

Please just be dashing people sense sir... Thank you for the kindness, they need it badly,
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by light004: 6:48am On Jan 01, 2016
dOnLarich:
I will keep saying this .. There are too many descendants of Joseph the carpenter ( jesus pop ) in this world .. Bro you deserve a very chilled ORIGIN cause you just nailed it grin

I agree with the writer. I understand the spill over of the elections bitterness has not left us and that has made some Nigerians to wish the administration doom. As the writer rightly said, Buhari's govt failure will spell doom for us all and we need to pray for their success irrespective of our political divide. The PDP spokesman has demonstrated this in his criticism and statements but some Nigerians term him weak and ineffective; expecting him to act like the APC spokesman that saw nothing good about the last administration.

I also want to admonish the President that he should see the entire country now as his constituency and treat all equally, justly and fairly. He should also caution his party members not to see the victory at the election as a battle won and start constructive engagements with Nigerians. Most unfortunate is the term used by his spokesman to denigrate supporters of the last president as wailing wailer that is so insensititive. Defeat is painful already but to rub it in is mischievous and wicked.
They must start the healing process and let every Nigerian feel a sense of belonging to this great Nation. I hope we can follow the right part

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by mosheall: 6:49am On Jan 01, 2016
Wow to god be the glory, he has brought me to see 2016. My year of grate brake through, we pray that the federal govt will do sth about the salary of our security operatives where they are being underpaid, let the original voucher be implimented.
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 01, 2016
Freemanan:

And the opposition is built on credibility that have been seen for the past 16years...

Clap for yourself Mate..
nice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by 49cents(m): 7:24am On Jan 01, 2016
fratermathy:

cc:
Lalasticlala, Seun, Obinoscopy, Dominique, HopeatHand, LordAdam, Freemanan, Goodboiyy, Thesonofmark, Passingshots, Tonyebarcanista

Nigeria is a very inefficient vehicle thaat is why it isn't progressing.

No amount of prayer can cure Malaria, take the right dosage of ACT and you will be fine!

So too let Buhari restructure Nigeria into the old regional structure and see the speed initiated by healthy competition take place

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by chrisxxx(m): 7:40am On Jan 01, 2016
fratermathy:

Listen bro. Do not compare Buhari with Jonathan. Their situations are quite far apart. Let me explain to you.:

-During GEJ's tenure, crude oil was sold at a high price and we had various buyers and so the economy was stable. In Buhari's tenure, the price and buyership of crude oil has dwindled.

-During GEJ's tenure, we had higher foreign reserves. In fact, we were RICH! At the end of GEJ's tenure and in Buhari's tenure, our wealth has dwindled. We are at the brink of being broke as a nation.

-During GEJ's tenure, corruption was unchecked and so public officers were audacious and walked with impunity. In Buhari's tenure, there is a looming fear of what will happen. Corrupt officers are desperate to avoid court cases and above all, the government is implementing stringent economic sanctions and measures to curb money laundering.

-During GEJ's tenure, the amount of unemployed Nigerians were far lesser if compared with the end of his tenure. Due to our limited resources, jobs have been lost and even those who have jobs are not being paid. It could get worse.

-During GEJ's tenure, the media was bought off. AIT, NTA, etc, rarely lampooned the government like seen today in Buhari's government.

I could go on and on. GEJ's failure did not affect Nigeria much because at its peak, there was MONEY!!! In this
dispensation, there is no money and insecurity is getting worse. Things are hard. Any mistake could spell DOOM!!! We have to be hopeful. Let us pray for CHANGE! Let us pray that GOD uses BUHARI to move Nigeria to a greater height. If we dont do this, then we are agents of DOOM and we shall suffer the repercussion of our actions.

IT IS WELL!
Have u asked urself why he is called Goodluck?
Pls cope with ur Bullhari.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by 49cents(m): 7:40am On Jan 01, 2016
nyben4eva:
The OP is crying over a rotten milk.Nigeria is already a failed nation.A nation where injustice,bad governance,excessive looting,intimidation,disobedience of court orders,unlawful killings by force men,lies,deceit etc prevails,is already doomed.

A nation founded on lies and inequality,where impunity is seen as an act in the right direction;where some people are treated unfairly and unjustly simply because of their ethnicity,religion,and tribe.

The country is on auto pilot,enrout a course of an un charted destination,where the obvious is bound to happen.A journey of no return is a better definition of the current situation of Nigeria because she's already a failed nation.

The above facts about the country is never my prayers for Nigeria.I truly pray this country works for our good,but we love to misplace priorities because we don't put Nigeria first,we rather put our tribes,selfish interests and friends before our dear country.

The only way we can get it right is to simply tell the truth which is this: By practicing true federalism or resource control.Without it,we're only putting the cart before the horse and we'll continue to remain a 1000 years behind civilisation.

Without reading your brilliant post I had posted mine and re echoed the same thing you said in conclusion: Nigeria must re structire with full resource control

But Buhari in his northern agenda doesn't want that but wants to subject the entire south to hard times so that the north, who have untapped human and mineral resources, can live of the south

Go to the NPA you see northern running the resources of the south west: same with the oil sector!

If Nigeria fails today it won't because GEJ didn't do better it would be because we are as a people refuse to admit the truth.

Even local government autonomy, which would have changed the characteristics of the local government for good, was garbaged by the state assemblies because the status quo favoured them

Nobody want Buhari to fail but we want him now to do the right things without delay and stop chasing things that won't change Nigerians well being

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 01, 2016
Blured:
you shouldn't use that as a factor. I don't hate Buhari or APC, it's just that the man's style of leadership is not compatible with democratic governance and that has been proven by the decline of the country's economy.

PDP was bad and I don't want their return but believe me, APC will not only be worst, but will be a complete disaster and more damage will be done in four years than PDP's 16yrs of governance if Buhari doesn't change his ways.

We have to face reality and stop burying our heads in the sand. Buhari is not the right man for the country at this point in time. He obviously doesn't know what he is doing.

If this will make you sleep better at night, keep telling yourself my all means...
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Newmanluckyman(m): 7:48am On Jan 01, 2016
Hypocrisy is when the APC led opposition in the previous govt was hurling stones, insults, bile, threatening the peace of the nation, sabotaging every govt efforts, praying for the govt to fail, instigating the masses against their president and now the APC is in power and things are not easy as the expected, they are now asking nigerians to pray for Buhari. Telling nigerians to be more objective in criticising this govt. I LOVE KARMA SO MUCH

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Newmanluckyman(m): 8:02am On Jan 01, 2016
fratermathy:

I have said it before and I repeat that I am not a partisan. I would say the same thing even if JESUS CHRIST is our President. We need Nigeria to work. This is not an issue of criticism. We can criticise sir but it is an issue of proferring solutions to our collective woes. Let us not be blind to the fact that Nigeria is SUFFERING as it is now because of various reasons that have evolved over the years. Let Buhari work or we all suffer. Even those shouting his name and cursing him will suffer worse because there'd be nothing to look up to for them.

Happy New Year Bro.
... Are you not tired already with this your EMOTIONAL SOLICITATION to foist Buhari 's incompetence and failure on us? My brother pls fear God this 2016 oooo
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Remii(m): 8:02am On Jan 01, 2016
EasternActivist:
When Jonathan was in power, we didn't care to listen to this kind of lecture as there were no lecture.

Why now that buhari is in power, that we are having these APC zombie lecturers?

You guys haven't seen anything yet as the misery that comes with the present administration is yet to unfold.

Rubbish
people rioted to make gej the acting president while yar adua was indisposed, and they did more to have him sworn in as president after the guy died, they later voted him as substantive president for four years, he ruled for 6yrs, they didn't attack gej from beginning.
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by GettysBurg: 8:08am On Jan 01, 2016
@op,
What is good for the goose, is good for the gander.

The same dish the APC served Goodluck Jonathan is being served President Buhari.

I marvel at so many things: I have wondered how we expect water to rise above it's level. Buhari CANNOT give what he doesn't have. We are in for a rough ride economically and socially.

All the efforts of the PDP government over the past 16 years are spectacularly being reversed. I remember how Soludo and the likes laboured to link Nigeria to the global economy. How gradually, we began to see our banks grow tremendously, and how e-banking began to take center stage. How our atm cards began to be accepted internationally and across various online platforms thus opening up Nigerians to a vast world of e-commerce. Then even PayPal accepted Nigerian cards.

Fastforward to Jan 1st, 2016 and my local atm can't even work abroad again. My online ads and other services are being blocked because of a strange retrogressive policy. Etc.

I remember how then Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala cried over the need to set aside our oil earnings in a sovereign fund to invest and hedge against oil price crash. The governors led by then Rotimi Amaechi fought her proposal. Here we are today.

Need I say more? Nuff said.

Happy new year all.
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by LLKJSays(m): 8:12am On Jan 01, 2016
Lets START 2016...POSITIVELY,
Whether you are Pdp opposiyion or not...
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by awoluyi(m): 8:19am On Jan 01, 2016
I did not vote for GEJ nether for PMB. I always pray for people in positions of authority in any government to succeed. This I am doing for the present admnistration. Should APC government fail at the end of 2019, my prayer will be for God to visit with his just reward those that have ruled our beloved country from 1960. Those that are less partisan believe we have not been blessed with "thinking and visionary" leadership since Nigeria got her independence. My prayer is that we don't waste another 4 years of our national life again for the sake of generations yet unborn. If we pray for the peace and prosperity of Nigeria, collectively we shall rejoice. For those that are beating the drum of war, let them listen to the expreciences of those that witness the civil of 1967-1970. Eni to mo ibiti Sango ti wole, ko ni pe Obakoso leke!

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by godoluwa(m): 8:32am On Jan 01, 2016
LFJ:

If you have just a single person from you family who achieve just half of what Buhari has achieve in life that would have been enough for you to understand the definition of a failure.
this is new year & I wont insult you back. buhari doesnt knw that your useless family existed. stop taking panadol for another man headache, better still go & jump into the lagoon
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Ovaiegbe(m): 9:26am On Jan 01, 2016
Akuna matata.
You don't expect to sow yam and reap cocoa yam.
He who sows the wind will reap the whirl wind.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 01, 2016
fratermathy:

Then why are you hear? Please learn how to use your intellectual capacity to its fullest. cool
I hear because I wanna listen. I just used my intellectual to the fullest capacity after hearing your question. grin
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Bibby25(m): 10:00am On Jan 01, 2016
Hmmmm....surprised @ some of the comments, the truth of it all is,not every1 would like PMB as a person,not every1 wish for his success...but the fact remains He's our President wether we all like it or not and what ever decision his administration takes will affect you n i..so keep bitching if you are cos no 1 is tryna buy your emotions.....Happy new year fams.
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by grandstar(m): 10:04am On Jan 01, 2016
buhari's greatest enemies are the forex restrictions. he won't win a 2nd term
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Idrico(m): 10:15am On Jan 01, 2016
EasternActivist:

Even at that, whether he is anti APC or sidelined APC. The lecture is a product of APC zombie.

We didn't get this kinda stuff in the previous administration, why would his case be different?
Why the lecture?
GEJ was supported for 6years by Nigerians but failed to uplifts the standard of living of Nigerians.Give PMB same opportunity before criticising him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osinbajo Visits Oba Of Benin, Inspects Azura Power Plant(photos) / Emefiele In Import Duty Scandal Against President Buhari’s Directive - Sahara R / Sunday Igboho: Some Yoruba Politicians Conspired To Get Me Assassinated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.