Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation (22417 Views)

Atiku Has Been Plotting Buhari’s Failure Since 2014 – Mohammed Lawal / Lady Protests In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari's Failure To Probe Akpabio (Pics) / Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by kutchs: 10:50am On Jan 01, 2016
Nobody is wishing Buhari failure and Nigeria won't fail even if Buhari fails. Buhari should face the job for which some Nigerians voted for him and pay less attention on what people say. So much bad was said about Jonathan, he was called names, insulted, cursed, derided, spat on but he never complained. When his supporters complained they were told that anyone who puts himself up for such office should be ready for whatever he gets, Buhari should brace up for more it's only got started. If he's strong as we are told he will overcome but if not well.
Again, you guys should stop seeing criticisms as an attack borne of hate and evil wish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Wealthyonos(m): 11:10am On Jan 01, 2016
fratermathy:

Listen bro. Do not compare Buhari with Jonathan. Their situations are quite far apart. Let me explain to you.:

-During GEJ's tenure, crude oil was sold at a high price and we had various buyers and so the economy was stable. In Buhari's tenure, the price and buyership of crude oil has dwindled.

-During GEJ's tenure, we had higher foreign reserves. In fact, we were RICH! At the end of GEJ's tenure and in Buhari's tenure, our wealth has dwindled. We are at the brink of being broke as a nation.

-During GEJ's tenure, corruption was unchecked and so public officers were audacious and walked with impunity. In Buhari's tenure, there is a looming fear of what will happen. Corrupt officers are desperate to avoid court cases and above all, the government is implementing stringent economic sanctions and measures to curb money laundering.

-During GEJ's tenure, the amount of unemployed Nigerians were far lesser if compared with the end of his tenure. Due to our limited resources, jobs have been lost and even those who have jobs are not being paid. It could get worse.

-During GEJ's tenure, the media was bought off. AIT, NTA, etc, rarely lampooned the government like seen today in Buhari's government.

I could go on and on. GEJ's failure did not affect Nigeria much because at its peak, there was MONEY!!! In this dispensation, there is no money and insecurity is getting worse. Things are hard. Any mistake could spell DOOM!!! We have to be hopeful. Let us pray for CHANGE! Let us pray that GOD uses BUHARI to move Nigeria to a greater height. If we dont do this, then we are agents of DOOM and we shall suffer the repercussion of our actions.

IT IS WELL!

Guy you obviously lack perception. Look at PMB's budget for the year, where are all those money coming from? Look at the money he budgeted for BMW cars, if he directs all those money to Agric, the difference will be clear. Even the so-called Agric loan is not really channelled to the grassroot farmers, most of it ends in the pocket of rich men. Lastly, PMB in his campaign promises spoke as if he were a god. He said he would equate a Naira to a dollar. He said he would stabilize oil price. So what analysis are you giving when he promised to stabilize the price. Now is the right time for him to prove his integrity and stop blaming the past administration.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Amanwulu1(m): 11:14am On Jan 01, 2016
EasternActivist:
When Jonathan was in power, we didn't care to listen to this kind of lecture as there were no lecture.

Why now that buhari is in power, that we are having these APC zombie lecturers?

You guys haven't seen anything yet as the misery that comes with the present administration is yet to unfold.

Rubbish
they suddenly realized d man they celebrate does not understand governance hence their effort to make it luk like his success n failure depend on us wen he care little abt us.
Pls ask d op whether there had been a nigeria without problems or leadership witout challenges. D salt of every leadership is its ability to weather storms as they come. I wnt a working nigeria but...

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Amanwulu1(m): 11:21am On Jan 01, 2016
cramjones:
If Buhari fails, it will be clearly because of the destruction that President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan caused.

-CramJones
gej, d greatest nigerian ever born, accdg to u. Leadership is d capacity to discover n solve problems. So if ur messiah fails, he failed.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 01, 2016
Amanwulu1:
gej, d greatest nigerian ever born, accdg to u. Leadership is d capacity to discover n solve problems. So if ur messiah fails, he failed.

GEJ remains the cause of our problems...His sins will linger for at least 8 years before we can summount them completely

-CramJones

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Amanwulu1(m): 11:32am On Jan 01, 2016
fratermathy:

Firstly, I am not a partisan politician. Secondly, I am not an "APC zombie" as you put it.

During the time of Jonathan, we were still under the impression that things may get better with time. Things didn't. During Jonathan's era, our economic conditions were much better. At this precarious time in our history Buhari has to succeed. Forget about his promises now. He just has to succeed for our sake. We need to progress as a nation. ARE YOU NOT TIRED OF COMPLAINING?
my problem wit ur post is u referring as detractors those who sincerely doubt pmb ability to better their lot. If we elected him bc we felt d other man wasn't doing well, is it now a crime to tell him he's not doing well after 7mnths? Is 7mnths not enough 4 1 to live or die? D detractors can only b politicians n not ordinary nigerians like us who desire gud governance.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Abugab(m): 11:33am On Jan 01, 2016
vanunu:

U are just a kid, the rule of law is the hallmark of any civilzed nation.

If really you were an adult you will know same people being prosecuted had no regards for the same rule of law.
Obviously you are a dependant if not you won't say this gibberish.
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Abugab(m): 11:36am On Jan 01, 2016
kYjelly2:

@OP, how can Nigeria ever get better when it's populated with re-eetards like this guy right here

I just don't understand how uneducated dull heads reason in Nigeria meen undecided

Look, you daft murrafucker, for one to break a law, it makes them a criminal but doesn't mean that the Law itself should be bent in order to prosecute that said criminal you dumb fvck angry

Else, why is the law the law if it can be circumvented by those who are supposed to enforce and uphold it

How do law breakers catch law breakers

OP, do you see the sort of high caliber daft people we have in Nigeria You should pray for these kinds of people first men, mtcheew undecided

If you weren't a derelict you would have known the rule of law proceeded Buhari.
This same rule of law was flagrantly disregarded by those being prosecuted.
Why do they want to hide under the same laws they disregarded despite Beijing administered an oath of office.
You are not only daft but don't even have any brain to qualify as a daft.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by fratermathy(m): 12:00pm On Jan 01, 2016
DanielPop:
Where you at Aisha's dinner the other day? grin grin I guess you were! This should have come before January 2015. It is one year too late! Your keypads have been paid for and we know who paid! grin

You can cast aspersions all you want. I am not a social media change agent. If I was, I'd be surely singing Buhari's praises of which I am not.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by fratermathy(m): 12:01pm On Jan 01, 2016
awoluyi:
I did not vote for GEJ nether for PMB. I always pray for people in positions of authority in any government to succeed. This I am doing for the present admnistration. Should APC government fail at the end of 2019, my prayer will be for God to visit with his just reward those that have ruled our beloved country from 1960. Those that are less partisan believe we have not been blessed with "thinking and visionary" leadership since Nigeria got her independence. My prayer is that we don't waste another 4 years of our national life again for the sake of generations yet unborn. If we pray for the peace and prosperity of Nigeria, collectively we shall rejoice. For those that are beating the drum of war, let them listen to the expreciences of those that witness the civil of 1967-1970. Eni to mo ibiti Sango ti wole, ko ni pe Obakoso leke!

Thank you for getting the point of this post. Some people were just so eager to air their sentiments without thinking clearly.
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by fratermathy(m): 12:03pm On Jan 01, 2016
shadowgwalker:
I hear because I wanna listen. I just used my intellectual to the fullest capacity after hearing your question. grin

That was a typo. The question is "Why are you here?" You should know better.
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by fratermathy(m): 12:05pm On Jan 01, 2016
GettysBurg:
@op,
What is good for the goose, is good for the gander.

The same dish the APC served Goodluck Jonathan is being served President Buhari.

I marvel at so many things: I have wondered how we expect water to rise above it's level. Buhari CANNOT give what he doesn't have. We are in for a rough ride economically and socially.

All the efforts of the PDP government over the past 16 years are spectacularly being reversed. I remember how Soludo and the likes laboured to link Nigeria to the global economy. How gradually, we began to see our banks grow tremendously, and how e-banking began to take center stage. How our atm cards began to be accepted internationally and across various online platforms thus opening up Nigerians to a vast world of e-commerce. Then even PayPal accepted Nigerian cards.

Fastforward to Jan 1st, 2016 and my local atm can't even work abroad again. My online ads and other services are being blocked because of a strange retrogressive policy. Etc.

I remember how then Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala cried over the need to set aside our oil earnings in a sovereign fund to invest and hedge against oil price crash. The governors led by then Rotimi Amaechi fought her proposal. Here we are today.

Need I say more? Nuff said.

Happy new year all.

After all said and done, WE ARE THE ONES SUFFERING and WE ARE THE ONES TO SUFFER the misery predicted by the prophets of DOOM!

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by fratermathy(m): 12:07pm On Jan 01, 2016
kutchs:
Nobody is wishing Buhari failure and Nigeria won't fail even if Buhari fails. Buhari should face the job for which some Nigerians voted for him and pay less attention on what people say. So much bad was said about Jonathan, he was called names, insulted, cursed, derided, spat on but he never complained. When his supporters complained they were told that anyone who puts himself up for such office should be ready for whatever he gets, Buhari should brace up for more it's only got started. If he's strong as we are told he will overcome but if not well.
Again, you guys should stop seeing criticisms as an attack borne of hate and evil wish .

Criticisms without solution and recommendations is a pure syndrome of hate and malice. This is what we did that enhanced GEJ's failure.

Criticisms with recommendations and solutions to problems is a true sign of patriotism!

Let us not repeat our past errors again.
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by fratermathy(m): 12:09pm On Jan 01, 2016
Wealthyonos:

Guy you obviously lack perception. Look at PMB's budget for the year, where are all those money coming from? Look at the money he budgeted for BMW cars, if he directs all those money to Agric, the difference will be clear. Even the so-called Agric loan is not really channelled to the grassroot farmers, most of it ends in the pocket of rich men. Lastly, PMB in his campaign promises spoke as if he were a god. He said he would equate a Naira to a dollar. He said he would stabilize oil price. So what analysis are you giving when he promised to stabilize the price. Now is the right time for him to prove his integrity and stop blaming the past administration.

I am not a Buharian intellectual so I cant join you in your maligned analysis of his policies. What I do know is that if HE FAILS, WE SHOULD BRACE UP FOR GLOOMY DAYS!!! My prayer is that he succeeds, no matter the policies he uses to do so.
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by fratermathy(m): 12:12pm On Jan 01, 2016
Amanwulu1:
my problem wit ur post is u referring as detractors those who sincerely doubt pmb ability to better their lot. If we elected him bc we felt d other man wasn't doing well, is it now a crime to tell him he's not doing well after 7mnths? Is 7mnths not enough 4 1 to live or die? D detractors can only b politicians n not ordinary nigerians like us who desire gud governance.

You are not getting my point sire.

My point is simple, instead of attacking the government let us provide her with credible solutions to our problems and let us be the change we want to see. Buhari and his government can not flog everybody to do the right thing. Gone are those days. We should know the right thing and do it rather than wail about who is in power. This was the mistake we made with GEJ and now we are repeating history once again. It is far more precarious this time around because Nigeria is sitting on a keg of gun powder.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by fratermathy(m): 12:16pm On Jan 01, 2016
betty202020:
you got it wrong. Did asked yourself why a dollars rose to #288 after six Jonathan handed over, embargo on arms procurement lifted without investigating the said human rights issues with the military, shows that he has already sold out. the way the president is giving himself out to the western world, they are going to use Nigeria as economic experimental ground.

Bro, all these have repeated in my earlier comments on this thread. The fact of the matter is simple; Buhari may or may not be a good leader or president but we have to pray that he gains the wisdom to lead us well because if the country crumbles, we will be the sufferers, not him!

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by neocortex: 12:34pm On Jan 01, 2016
Yet another article demonizing critics of government failures.

@fratermathy
Athletes do not blame spectators for their failures, why should
you blame Nigerians for Buhari's failures.

Merely wishing a problem away does not solve that problem.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 01, 2016
I have no interest in testing God or using his name in vain. That is what praying for Buhari amounts to!

You can not elect a man who has no leadership qualities and then turn around to bully every one else to pray for him.

Buhari will fail and I hope he does fail! Nigerians will reap the fruits of their labour. 2019 is around the corner. We have another chance to correct our mistakes!
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by sholasys: 1:01pm On Jan 01, 2016
cramjones:
If Buhari fails, it will be clearly because of the destruction that President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan caused.

-CramJones

I disagree with you on this sir. We are all aware of the maladministration of the past government and President Buhari is also aware before contesting. After all, was that not the purpose at which he was voted for ? He is to fix what went wrong not to increase the damages. If Buhari admin. fails it is because they lack governance quality
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by sholasys: 1:10pm On Jan 01, 2016
cramjones:

GEJ remains the cause of our problems...His sins will linger for at least 8 years before we can summount them completely

-CramJones

Sometimes we need to be less partisanship. Why did you hate GEJ so much ?? Nigeria got rotten during OBJ, aren't you in Nigeria then ? it didnt start from GEJ plsss
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 01, 2016
fratermathy:

That was a typo. The question is "Why are you here?" You should know better.
seun send you?
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by authority2006(m): 3:48pm On Jan 01, 2016
EasternActivist:

that's a lie.
Jonathan was a failure did Nigeria fail.?
If buhari fail Nigeria won't fail also.
You people should stop this nonsense just to buy in peoples emotions.
Buhari can only fail himself. And that's a fact.

And give me one reason to convince me why people should pray for Nigeria which is built on fraudulent structure?
The failure of a president is the failure of a nation. It is quite a pity that you didn't realise that Nigeria as a country failed when Jonathan failed. This is exactly what every nairalander should be aware: not every poster here understand what we are discussing. The poster I quoted is a typical example. Is this the type of person you would be arguing with on nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Wealthyonos(m): 4:31pm On Jan 01, 2016
fratermathy:

I am not a Buharian intellectual so I cant join you in your maligned analysis of his policies. What I do know is that if HE FAILS, WE SHOULD BRACE UP FOR GLOOMY DAYS!!! My prayer is that he succeeds, no matter the policies he uses to do so.

My destiny is not in Buhari's hands, Mr. Man. My life is in God's hands. If Buhari fails, that gloomy days await people who chose to put their trust in him rather than God.
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Eluwilussit(m): 8:04pm On Jan 01, 2016
fratermathy:

PMB may have wished others bad. Heck, I dont even care if he did so. Karma is a personal thing. We cant suffer for Buhari's personal karmic rewards.

Now, let us reason together.
The so-called previous governments' failures we can referring to, what are the nature of the failures? Most are monotonous in nature such as corruption, insecurity, lack of development and infrastructure, unemployment, etc. These failures have evolved over time and have climaxed, ironically, in the Buhari era. The issues are no longer monotonous, they have become polyphonous and are bound to boomerang soon enough. How did we cause this? We did not let ourselves be swept by the spirit of the day. We keep saying change, change, change! Is it Buhari that will flog us not to collect bribes? is he the one to stop us from using connections rather than merits? Buhari is only ONE MAN and his government can only do what it can but governance is a two-sided affair in which our input must play progressive or regressive roles.

If Buhari fails, youths will be unemployed, insecurity shall be the order of the day, naira shall lose its last stand of pride, fuel shall be a scarce commodity, life shall be hard, things will be difficult, etc etc etc. Buhari will be blamed but HE WONT SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES! That is my POINT!

Thanks for your reasoning. That's a good way to look at things. I would wish things were different. I wish Buhari would succeed. Unfortunately the truth is that whatever a man sows, that will he reap in due season.

Don't worry about Nigerians. They knew his past utterances and deeds, yet they voted for him. Tell me, why should karma spare the masses? The masses sowed Buhari, and will reap along side him, whatever karma has in store for him. Good or bad.

If he wished others evil, why do you think that God will spare him for the sake of the masses that voted for him? If he turns to God in genuine repentance and apologize to Nigerians for his past, then we all will be sure that God will be with him. But the way things are, going by the persecution of El Zakzaky and his followers, simply because they are Shiites, it doesn't seem like PMB is ready to be fair to all. Even when he chose his personal aides and his cabinet, didn't we all see how he marginalized a section of the country? Which sane president talks about 5% and 95%.? He's the president of Nigeria for God's sake, and should talk, act and behave as one.

I wish him whatever he wished those before him this 2016. There will always be Nigerians in Nigeria.
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Memunat27: 9:06pm On Jan 01, 2016
Fratermathy,

Cant you tell from some the responses critising your post that majority of Nigerians suffer from the stockholm effect syndrome. Over identfying with one's persecutor even in the face of damning evidence.
Why bother to respond? Truth be told, with the level of corruption in Nigeria during the last administration, had GEJ returned, in a matter of 2 to 5 years, Nigeria would have been comparable to modern day Zimbabwe, somalia, Ethopia.

For crying out loud, salaries not being paid for months on end, billions in naira and foreign currencies being diverted to personal accounts, poor education system, Nigerian travelling to ghana to study, politicians sending their own children abroad to study, the rich travlling abroad for treatment, poor infracstructures, bad roads, transport, no health care facilities, people dying in their thousands from minor ailments, non-existent judiciary, insecurity, Gboko haram, corrupt armed forces including police, extra judicial assasinations, high rate of unemployment, armed robbers, scarcity of fuel, Nigerians being offered refugee status in neighbouring African countries.... the list goes on.

People fail to understand that we are only just begining to face the consequences of past failed administrations. lastly, it is worth mentioning that left to Buhari most of our politicians regardless of what party they belong to such as serving and ex ministers, governors, senators, heads of armed forces would have been in jail by now but he had no choice but to dine with the devi as it were.

I really pray that he succeeds.
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by GettysBurg: 9:41am On Jan 02, 2016
cramjones:

-CramJones

Confirmed! This is @Cramjones way of telling us that the Buhari Government will not make any changes even in 8 years. It seems a good strategy to start to blame Buhari's ALREADY FORSEEN massive failure on Jonathan and pdp.
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by EasternActivist: 1:16pm On Jan 02, 2016
Zico5:

And that misery will be for u and ur family alone. As year 2016 unfold so shall ur calamity unfold and so shall it be for u cos it is God that ordained PMB.

I wish you same.
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by EasternActivist: 1:57pm On Jan 02, 2016
Abugab:

......and you will suffer most.

Bro, That's not a fact and so sent to oblivion.

You know buhari will fail yet you voted him in and expecting, you won't have a cake bite of the suffrage

You are a dreamer.
We ought to suffer for our mistakes. Though is impartial and unjustified for those that didn't partake in the mistake.

And my prayer for them is that when Nigerians are shouting aspersion of a failed country, they will be like trees planted on the still waters.
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by EasternActivist: 2:28pm On Jan 02, 2016
fratermathy:

After all said and done, WE ARE THE ONES SUFFERING and WE ARE THE ONES TO SUFFER the misery predicted by the prophets of DOOM!

The misery is not a prophecy but a reality.
Tell bubu to step up his game.
Besides I heard cramjones say Gej failure will take 8yrs to dissolve...
What will you say about that?
Because looking at what he said buhari will certainly be a failure even if he is reelected in his second tenure.

Mehn... I just dey laugh until the day Nigerians will stop playing partisan with the future of the country by voting wisely. Not after the undoing will go behind seeking emotional support to compliment their partisan conscience.
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by FlyboyZee: 3:47pm On Jan 02, 2016
johnshrewd:
what is a government without the people and where will the people be without the government....personally I feel the responsibility of governance rests both on the government and the governed as both parties are intertwined and the relevance of either one cannot be overemphasized.....from this stand point Nigeria as a nation will only fail if both the government and the governed agree to it consciously or unconsciously.....so if APC were to fail in delivering their electioneering promises to us it will only mean that we have all failed collectively cus believe it or not we all have a role to play in governance......God bless Nigeria
Lies! Lies!! Lies!!!
PDP failed to deliver in almost all their promises and Nigeria did not fail, why are you guys of the opinion that if PMB and his APC fail on their promises, Nigeria would be doomed?

Be it OBJ, GEJ, PMB, etc, politicians remain politicians, lying and deceit is their forte and they use it desperately to deceive and cajole whoever allows him/her self to descend to such all time lowliness in order to get their way.

Be it PDP, PPA, APC, APGA, etc, they are all political parties with no conscience or ideologies, manned by selfish, greedy, self-centred and wicked people whose only intent is to propagate and continue to perpetuate themselves in power for every other reason apart from for the good of the common man.

PMB is not different either. He is just part of the statistics. Same ol', same ol'...
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by FlyboyZee: 4:03pm On Jan 02, 2016
LFJ:

If you have just a single person from you family who achieve just half of what Buhari has achieve in life that would have been enough for you to understand the definition of a failure.
Do you have such in your family?

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by FlyboyZee: 4:06pm On Jan 02, 2016
LFJ:

Just imagine this retarded mind as a councillor.
I can't condescend to such low of all lowliness, which is your ultimate dream position in life. I pray you get there when you take off your toga of stoopidity and fooolishness.

How old are you, again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Onnoghen: Falana Accuses NBA Of Playing Double Standard / Chase Out Any Igbo That Fails To Vote Peter Obi From Igboland - Pastor / Peter Obi Attends Youth Dialogue Programme In Lagos (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.