Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation (22419 Views)

Atiku Has Been Plotting Buhari’s Failure Since 2014 – Mohammed Lawal / Lady Protests In Akwa Ibom Over Buhari's Failure To Probe Akpabio (Pics) / Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by adedam007(m): 11:04pm On Dec 31, 2015
g
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by mytime24(f): 11:05pm On Dec 31, 2015
undecided

6 Likes

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Endlesslove33(m): 11:08pm On Dec 31, 2015
Op are you trying to copy Nostradamus

Nothing dey happen.
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by drss(m): 11:11pm On Dec 31, 2015
EasternActivist:
When Jonathan was in power, we didn't care to listen to this kind of lecture as there were no lecture.

Why now that buhari is in power, that we are having these APC zombie lecturers?

You guys haven't seen anything yet as the misery that comes with the present administration is yet to unfold.

Rubbish
its notin. just dat d RICE effect is doing its work.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by jasysandra(f): 11:17pm On Dec 31, 2015
EasternActivist:
When Jonathan was in power, we didn't care to listen to this kind of lecture as there were no lecture.

You guys haven't seen anything yet as the misery that comes with the present administration is yet to unfold.

Rubbish
Nobody is lecturing you.if you don't like the post just pocket your RUBBISH comment.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by godoluwa(m): 11:19pm On Dec 31, 2015
Buhari is a failure from his mother's womb

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by OgbeifunErom: 11:20pm On Dec 31, 2015
FULL BUHARIST HERE!

I agree

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by jasysandra(f): 11:26pm On Dec 31, 2015
With our prayers and support I strongly believe PMB will deliver...

All he needs is time.Change don't happen in a day.

For those waiting for him to fail,you are indirectly waiting for your failure cause you are part of the great nation Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by InvertedHammer: 11:28pm On Dec 31, 2015
EasternActivist:

Rubbish
/
You didn't get the point. Did u?

Who is standing in line at the fuel station?
Who has no electricity?
Who is suffering from unemployment?

Praying for things to be bad in your lives to prove that Buhari is inept is the worst curse anyone can place on him/herself.

/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by HRich(m): 11:31pm On Dec 31, 2015
fratermathy:

cc:
Lalasticlala, Seun, Obinoscopy, Dominique, HopeatHand, LordAdam, Freemanan, Goodboiyy, Thesonofmark, Passingshots, Tonyebarcanista

Happy New Year to everyone whom God has blessed with a gift of Life to see this year 2016 <3 <3

=

Year of Thanksgiving <3 and Love
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by wayitis: 11:32pm On Dec 31, 2015
I disagree with you, Nigeria us greater than Buhari. Buhari's performance cannot be directly tied to ours

5 Likes

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by HopeAtHand: 11:33pm On Dec 31, 2015
Church.. comment later.
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by FlyboyZee: 11:34pm On Dec 31, 2015
fratermathy:

Firstly, I am not a partisan politician. Secondly, I am not an "APC zombie" as you put it.

During the time of Jonathan, we were still under the impression that things may get better with time. Things didn't. During Jonathan's era, our economic conditions were much better. At this precarious time in our history Buhari has to succeed. Forget about his promises now. He just has to succeed for our sake. We need to progress as a nation. ARE YOU NOT TIRED OF COMPLAINING?
It ain't a must for PMB to succeed. If he fails and things get worse, there is one thing that is sure to happen. There would be a change that would be enthroned by common men like you and I and that change is called a revolution. But, unfortunately many of us always see revolution as shedding of blood and wanton destruction of life and properties. That would not be Nigeria's case as we are far wiser than that and won't shed blood or destroy properties in the revolution that would follow if PMB failed. Like someone said earlier, he (PMB) can only fail himself any get the hell outta our system, did Naija fail when it was assumed that both OBJ and GEJ failed...

6 Likes

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by dklex(m): 11:35pm On Dec 31, 2015
Happy New year friends, it shall be well with Nigeria, and it shall be well with u and me. Nigeria is moving in the right direction now, pls let us support and pray for PMB. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by francizy(m): 11:37pm On Dec 31, 2015
EasternActivist:

To the answer to the bolded.
Very simple and nice
Stone us if buhari fails to deliver

https://www.naij.com/680131-apc-chief-tells-nigerians-buhari-doesnt-deliver-campaign-promises.html

Boy we have no argument on ground OK.
I will personally join mouth to those whose buhari injustice is melted upon.
That's the only way I can contribute.

And if buhari finally can deliver any of his campaign promises. I will side him and pray for him.
But now am just watching his incompetence and am laughing out loud.

I will make 1$ = 1N -Buhari (2015)

Bros, according to fratermathy, let's pray for:

Someone that said if he looses election, he'll soak our blood inside that of dogs and baboons
Someone that said a fight against boko haram is a fight against the north
Someone that said he's not expected to treat people that gave him 97% of their vote same way he'll treat people that gave him 5%
Someone that is presently doing everything he actively and aggressively criticized GEJ for
Someone that keeps dishing out lies and deceives Nigerians without remorse
Someone that played and is still playing politics with the lives of innocent north easterners
Someone that didn't show any sign of concern for over 6,000 people that have lost their lives ever since he came to power
Someone that is selectively fighting corrupt politicians while shielding party loyalists
Someone that his childishness led to the loss of over 1,000 lives in 2011
And so many others..

I think I'd rather pass... undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by rayopt(m): 11:40pm On Dec 31, 2015
One Nigeria. .koni baje rara. . .for yall buhari haters. .you need to know that change is slow and gradual. .nobody will work instant change in this current nigeria for atleast the next 2 yrs. .let us collectively pray for our president cos hate it or embrace it he will be there till 2019. . .

#HaveAToastFor2016

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by francizy(m): 11:41pm On Dec 31, 2015
jasysandra:
Nobody is lecturing you.if you don't like the post just pocket your RUBBISH comment.

Go confiscate his phone for posting or better still, destroy the phone since you feel we're in an autocratic dispensation... #spits..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by fratermathy(m): 11:43pm On Dec 31, 2015
FlyboyZee:

It ain't a must for PMB to succeed. If he fails and things get worse, there is one thing that is sure to happen. There would be a change that would be enthroned by common men like you and I and that change is called a revolution. But, unfortunately many of us always see revolution as shedding of blood and wanton destruction of life and properties. That would not be Nigeria's case as we are far wiser than that and won't shed blood or destroy properties in the revolution that would follow if PMB failed. Like someone said earlier, he (PMB) can only fail himself any get the hell outta our system, did Naija fail when it was assumed that both OBJ and GEJ failed...
You should know that in current Nigeria, it is IMPOSSIBLE to undertake a REVOLUTION without killing at least 5 persons! So your theory of bloodless revolution is not obtainable.

In the course of making such revolution, should the government fail, the following events are bound to occur:
1. Government officials including Buhari himself will escape from the country or be killed. In both cases, we gain nothing.
2. The common man shall battle among his colleagues for power and if care is not taken tyranny shall rise.
3. The constitution will definitely be suspended and things shall go awry, atleast for a short period of time.
4. Assuming the government fails, it is safe to deduce that funds will be lacking and alot of people will be jobless coupled with the fact that we wont have natural resources to export again. All these will render us economically barren and Nigeria will descend far far lower than South Sudan, Liberia and Zimbabwe.
5. Insecurity will ferment and become a plague. The so-called common men may be murdered and insurgents may take over the nation and impose some terrible dogma on all of us.

The list of probable events is endless. The truth is that WE NEED PMB to SUCCEED regardless of our own political disposition. We can guide him, spank him, criticise him but like a loving child, we must still wish him well in our heart and pray for the success of the Nigerian project is that tearing apart slowly.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by millionboi(m): 11:45pm On Dec 31, 2015
Buhari is a dictactor

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by VANHELLSING: 11:46pm On Dec 31, 2015
cramjones:
If Buhari fails, it will be clearly because of the destruction that President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan caused.

-CramJones
Mad man

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by fajani(m): 11:46pm On Dec 31, 2015
PIDIPI
Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Jabioro: 11:47pm On Dec 31, 2015
Their is a new wine to be lunch in 2016,I want the OP to see for it,he deserve a carton .after all the truth must be told .

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by fratermathy(m): 11:49pm On Dec 31, 2015
francizy:

Bros, according to fratermathy, let's pray for:

Someone that said if he looses election, he'll soak our blood inside that of dogs and baboons
Someone that said a fight against boko haram is a fight against the north
Someone that said he's not expected to treat people that gave him 97% of their vote same way he'll treat people that gave him 5%
Someone that is presently doing everything he actively and aggressively criticized GEJ for
Someone that keeps dishing out lies and deceives Nigerians without remorse
Someone that played and is still playing politics with the lives of innocent north easterners
Someone that didn't show any sign of concern for over 6,000 people that have lost their lives ever since he came to power
Someone that is selectively fighting corrupt politicians while shielding party loyalists
Someone that his childishness led to the loss of over 1,000 lives in 2011
And so many others..

I think I'd rather pass... undecided

You still dont get it bro.

Buhari is not PERFECT! In fact, no member of our current political class is perfect. The current set of leaders and office holders in Nigeria are not the best the nation can produce but we cannot blame them. Where are the so-called "best"? Why are they not vying for political position? The good people who should have become governors or Presidential aspirants join intellectuals and theorists to sit at home and attack those who take the initiative to govern us. If we feel that leaders lack the wherewithal or locus standi to rule the nation then we should take the mantle actively. This is one reason I admire Ogaga Ifowodo, who rather than theorise baselessly at home, took the mantle of coming out for political position. Even though he lost out now, I am certain that he shall succeed in the nearest future. For now, the best we can do for the class of leaders we have is to pray for them, criticise them constructively and productively and partake in shaping the progress of our nation by being the change we want to see rather than baseless attacking and throwing invectives at our leaders.

There are Nigerians who have the qualities of honesty, vision, altruism and the intellectual rigour that will lead our nation to its Eldorado. These people are few and are mainly behind the scenes and that is my problem with them. Nigerians talk and attack leaders as if they would do better if given the opportunity. Alas! The opportunity came few months ago this year and what did they do? They allowed Buhari, an ex-dictator, to take over power because we had no other choice. Even Prof. Wole Soyinka was talking as if he couldn't have bought the form to nominate himself for the Presidency. That is sheer hypocrisy. When these passive role-models believe they can do it better then let them come into the platform and prove their worth rather than verbally kill those who had the courage to stand up against the 16 years tyranny by a political class.

Buhari is no saint but we are stuck with him for the next few years! We may as well let him do his job while we pray for his success because in all honesty, he has nothing to lose. If he fails and Nigeria fails, he wont feel it. He is old and close to his grave, he has money and has lived his life to his fullest. If Nigeria fails, we are the ones to bear the burden and suffer it all. I reject such future for myself and my children!!! I'd rather take my chances on a dictator with promises than conceive of the other option of wrecking this country and plunging it into a sea of insecurity, joblessness, wars, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Bollinger(m): 11:50pm On Dec 31, 2015
fratermathy:

Firstly, I am not a partisan politician. Secondly, I am not an "APC zombie" as you put it.

During the time of Jonathan, we were still under the impression that things may get better with time. Things didn't. During Jonathan's era, our economic conditions were much better. At this precarious time in our history Buhari has to succeed. Forget about his promises now. He just has to succeed for our sake. We need to progress as a nation. ARE YOU NOT TIRED OF COMPLAINING?

Lol. . .Nigerians don suffer so te, dem no know the beginning and end of suffer again. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Khris3(m): 11:51pm On Dec 31, 2015
Just passing

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by sorom4: 11:52pm On Dec 31, 2015
@Op..... I'm so disappointed in your long epistle cos you first of all sounded like an APC Zombie. You have already taken sides. If WE don't positively criticize this administration to respect court orders, fight corruption among his cabinets instead of telling us that they are all saints, condemn every injustice or attacks on her people from the NA, BH, Police,etc and fulfil at least MOST of her promises; who will? I have noticed that this administration ad all her supporters are so much afraid of criticism; that's why una wan block the social media bill and also why our treasury was used to feed some hungry people that calls themselves social media change agents.
This administration is the cause of her problem and that of nigeria and they should stop blaming anybody; after all most of them are part of the last 16 years and beyond.

6 Likes

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by Muyiii(m): 11:54pm On Dec 31, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
You didn't get the point. Did u?

Who is standing in line at the fuel station?
Who has no electricity?
Who is suffering from unemployment?

Praying for things to be bad in your lives to prove that Buhari is inept is the worst curse anyone can place on him/herself.

All of a sudden you've just realized these listed points of yours are problems we've been facing? I'm not big fan of PMB either but let's stop being hypocritical...we all know we had these issues before his appointment. Let's just see how it all unfolds...He's just a man not a god!

/

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by fratermathy(m): 11:55pm On Dec 31, 2015
wayitis:
I disagree with you, Nigeria us greater than Buhari. Buhari's performance cannot be directly tied to ours
Sire, please cogitate deeply on my post. Buhari's success or failure is deeply tied to ours as a nation AT THIS PERIOD OF TIME IN NIGERIAN HISTORY WHERE OUR FORTUNES ARE DWINDLING. Any mistake made now may not be recovered from for a long time. Buhari is no saint and we may believe that he can successfully fail and it wont affect us but we would be wrong. Already, many of us are queueing for fuel which is sold at exorbitant rates, many of us are afraid to travel for fear of bad roads, kidnapping, Boko Haram, etc. Many of us do not have jobs and dont have the connections to get them. Many of our schools are decrepit and even rodents wont be comfortable in them. These are current happenings! Imagine what will happen should things be worse than this! Buhari wont suffer it o! He would only be insulted and case would be closed. He would live out his life and die happily at the end. We are the ones who would be left to pick up our failure and start over. Let us think about that critically!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by cruzita(f): 11:56pm On Dec 31, 2015
even for this new year una dey talk about buhari and his failures .as for me I dey pursue anything wey be buhari and em promises with this year

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation by fratermathy(m): 11:57pm On Dec 31, 2015
Bollinger:

Lol. . .Nigerians don suffer so te, dem no know the beginning and end of suffer again. grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lol. I made that statement in comparative terms only. GEJ was a disaster but his tenure was better economically because we still had excess OIL MONEY!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls / Senators Pass Tax Bill That They Have Not Seen Or Read - Premium Times / Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.