Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,415 members, 7,812,223 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 (62910 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Songs 2017: Top 30 Most Popular Music In Naija / Nigerian Musicians Categorized Into A - F List By AdebisiOlumide5 / 8 Nigerian Collabos That Will Totally Rock The Music Scene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by toms55(m): 4:42pm On Jan 01, 2016
Elxandre:

I don't think he owns the song.
Yea, he was featured on dj shaby's but he actually used another sound wink
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by Johnnoah1st: 4:43pm On Jan 01, 2016
Temysteve:
So ur forefather demons is still monitiring u shey!! Some1 praying 4 u for the new yr season yet u still acting like a #Stupendious Felloe. If ur hand is itching u nd u dnt knw wqat to do, y can't u plug it to an electric hotplate.
pls can someone explain to me in english d bullshit dis guy tryna tell me?
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by dataland: 4:46pm On Jan 01, 2016
Lol
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 01, 2016
lestat:
Tuface, that guy has remixed african queen over a 100 times
bro that song remains evergreen ..and d remixes ain't poor after all
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by father2father4eva(m): 4:46pm On Jan 01, 2016
Nice list but please add Slow Dog
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by toms55(m): 4:47pm On Jan 01, 2016
amiskurie:

God forbid bad thing,I don't even have a crap on my phone.
that's the problem, you can't just listen to a song once and decide if it's cool or not, now here's my advice, download it listen to it over and over again, you won't resist loving it later on im telling you.
Talking about sounds I have an example, when I first listened to jogede by orezi ft wizzy and timaya, I was like wtf but a colleague persuaded me to try and listen to it again, I had to listen to it again for another round of criticism, but lo and behold to my surprise I couldn't stop loving it, it was no 1 on my playlist for 2 weeks or so, I danced to it like crazy. That's the spirit bro
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by JideTheBlogger(m): 4:55pm On Jan 01, 2016
Go and stop them na. Mtchew
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by SkinnyDude(m): 4:58pm On Jan 01, 2016
Kockane:
This is a crappy list without that slowpoke called Vic-O!!!

You can't imagine he made his own cover for Adele's Hello.

Hello, hello, hello, Babeeeeeeeey, hello, hello hellooooooooo....

Abeg I don't want to vex this January 1st. Modify that list, remove either Ice prince or Iyanya and include Vic-O immediately!!!

angry

Happy New Year people!
lol.. i didn't know when i deleted that song from my phone
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by Kbraims(m): 5:02pm On Jan 01, 2016
Ice prince dnt deserve to b in dat list,dat guy still got d talent
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by Obipat(m): 5:18pm On Jan 01, 2016
toms55:
Adding Dbanj to that list simply means Op knows nothing about how the entertainment industry works, take a clue from the American scene Diddy hasn't release any world "hit banger" in past times but he still remains the highest paid Rapper, Dr dre too has beat by Dre amongst other businesses he is still a force to reckon with, Now ask your self why Dbanj is diversifying, why is he still bagging awards and becomes ambassadors for big industries in and outside Nigeria? Music doesn't last forever OP, Dbanj still does music Full time but on a Low key, eja nla as he is popularly called in 2015 headline shows not just ordinary shows, went on tours, even in far away Australia. Op forget being sentimental and open your mind to dbanj's music before judging him, how many of his 2015 released singles do you have? Ko le ye won, The King is here, zim zimma, knocking on my door and so on.

Abeg free boss oooo
sean diddy and Dr all their own record label and they are producers. Even if they don't sing, they still produce hit. So u don't know anything about enternment. Dbanj should take a bow
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by Seun360(m): 5:20pm On Jan 01, 2016
12fb:
D'Prince should be on that list.

Should be Numero Uno.
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by Seun360(m): 5:23pm On Jan 01, 2016
Obipat:
sean diddy and Dr all their own record label and they are producers. Even if they don't sing, they still produce hit. So u don't know anything about enternment. Dbanj should take a bow

So Dbanj no get record label?

He's one of the biggest brand in Naija.

1 Like

Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by kraftsta(m): 5:23pm On Jan 01, 2016
music4me:

A female nigerian president?....Are U high?

Bro what could be wrong abt having a female nigerian president?
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by ikorodureporta: 5:24pm On Jan 01, 2016
Most Nigerian artistes na make i grab myke make ppl kno say i be star be them own. Most of dem no be musicians @ all. For somebody like Eldee to resign, wey Lionel Richie still dey sing.......Well, each time i watch their concerts for T.V., I just dey pity all those pple wey dey form big boyz dey sip 'orijin' for V.V.I.P. for nonsense...Even the comedians sef no dey help matter.

Meanwhile, add LAMBORGHINI for that list. I wonder why i go pay for show com watch am de sing Shaba Ranks for me, despite say Dj dey blast d song there undecided
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by moststylish(m): 5:27pm On Jan 01, 2016
[quote author=toms55 post=41549842]Adding Dbanj to that list simply means Op knows nothing about how the entertainment industry works, take a clue from the American scene Diddy hasn't release any world "hit banger" in past times but he still remains the highest paid Rapper, Dr dre too has beat by Dre amongst other businesses he is still a force to reckon with, Now ask your self why Dbanj is diversifying, why is he still bagging awards and becomes ambassadors for big industries in and outside Nigeria? Music doesn't last forever OP, Dbanj still does music Full time but on a Low key, eja nla as he is popularly called in 2015 headline shows not just ordinary shows, went on tours, even in far away Australia. Op forget being sentimental and open your mind to dbanj's music before judging him, how many of his 2015 released singles do you have? Ko le ye won, The King is here, zim zimma, knocking on my door and so on.

Abeg free boss oooo[/quoteseems u dont understand what the op mean
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by ngmgeek(m): 5:32pm On Jan 01, 2016
amiskurie:
1. K.cee
He has limited musical skills,he keeps doing the same thing over and over again.even harrysongs still has better things to sing.

2. D.Banj
He has done great music in the past but seriously,he should focus on koko-garri plants and his other businesses.

3. Dr. Sid.
Ijo kabiesi...lol.he was trying to do another surulere but he miss road,e kon found himself for Sango-ota.

4. Inyanya
Yes,because he slowed down for reasons I don't know.he became boring and not taken seriously by people anymore.

5 JJC
Artists be like... "a cum back."

6 KSB
hahaha,jungle don mature.... It's 2016.
Kennis music can't force fake musicians on us any longer,that was then.

7. Jwon
Hmmm,another man from the same ol clan.this guy should invest in other business before he spent all he ever made from music.

8. Ice prince
Yes,tell him to stop.if he asked why...tell him everybody now hates ice-prince.

Name yours,nairalanders.

Some artists are missing.

Terry G
Ay.com
Olu Maintain
K Solo
2 Shotz
Ajasa
Blackface
Faze
Nigga Raw
Dekumzy
Eldee

This is 2016. These artists should all look for something else to do.
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by ikorodureporta: 5:33pm On Jan 01, 2016
Luukasz:

Olamide,Lil kesh(skiborobo skibo),CDQ,Harrysong,Cynthia Morgan nko.
And besides Nigeria has just Asa,Timi Dakolo,Bez,Brymo & Darey as musicians the rest are school boys & girls who needs grooming while Cobhams is the only producer we have the dorononsense song boss is also a kid.

...& u added Darey on yr list undecided
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by inibro(m): 5:33pm On Jan 01, 2016
Kockane:

Abeg I don't want to vex this January 1st. Modify that list, remove either Ice prince or Iyanya and include Vic-O immediately!!!

angry

Happy New Year people!

Broz, Vic O is not a musician, he is a comedian cos u can't listen to his songs and not wonder "this guy no listen to this thing befor he release am"

I love his confidence though. To be doing 'trash' and be proud of urself. Vic O - The King of Rap
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by Obipat(m): 5:33pm On Jan 01, 2016
Seun360:

tell any big artiste in his record label, past or present. Never forget that world famous late Notorious BIG was under Piddy label and Dre produced for Tuupac. Pls mentioning this guys before Dbanj is big insult. Dbanj is in this level with Reekado banks and Lil keshi. I rest my case
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by chronos: 5:34pm On Jan 01, 2016
Good music is subjective..
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by chronos: 5:34pm On Jan 01, 2016
Joshkid:
We don't need bangers, We need Good Music!

Good music is subjective...
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by toms55(m): 5:36pm On Jan 01, 2016
Obipat:
if Sean and Dre are producers, Dbanj is an entertainer and that is his own calling, Dbanj can entertain you can let you move your body, he said that himself, i only compared Sean and dre to Dbanj because of their diversification to business, Diddy used to be fully in rap same as Dre but now to production and business fine, Dbanj used to be fully in Music reference to his previous hits, now he does music on a "Lowkey" but business in full an that's the deal. Don jazzy tried to sing he didn't really worked for him now he is quitting to get back fully into production.

So oga, don't look down on Dbanj for "He is WISE" he rolls with corporate men in the business world, he was interviewed on CNBC to talk business, ONE organisation headline for agric, Bank of Industry ambassador.
Now imagine terry G becoming an ambassador for Bank of Industry.
Oga I repeat, Dbanj is WISE. The more you look the less you see.
By the way, have you seen his latest Porsche 2015 model? Slot tins noni. Dbanj can never go hungry again all through his life time.
Right from time he has this entrepreneuship mindset ever since he Launched Koko mobile. Why do you think Dr sid was full of envy? Why do you think mo hits break up? They all saw this thing in Dbanj that they cannot understand #Koleyewon. Once again Ejanla is WISE.
Name any thing entertainment in africa, Dbanj is always first on their lips. He has gone far!
Won everything 2face has ever won. Talk about it, name that award.

I'm not trying to compare 2face and Dbanj, I only want you to change your mindset about him. Where are the likes of baba frayo, eddy remedy, eedris abdulkareem today?

Music isnt forever and that is what Dbanj is trying to avoid! #bless. For more reference ask OJB jezereel where music 'alone' has taken him. #ImDone

1 Like

Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by Luukasz(m): 5:39pm On Jan 01, 2016
ikorodureporta:

...& u added Darey on yr list undecided

Well have been following darey since i was in Sec School even thou he's not as active as he used to be but i know what he's capable of.
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by CirocBoi(m): 5:40pm On Jan 01, 2016
10 Airforce1
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by inibro(m): 5:42pm On Jan 01, 2016
Duletion:
Iyanya's name on that list has just rendered your post useless and stupid. That dude has got more talent than all the your favourite Nigerian musicians put together

Iyanya has very good vocal prowess but he isnt using dem. His best performance for me dis yr was on Seyi shay 's "Right now". The guy wan sell market so he gats follow crowd do party track.
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by inibro(m): 5:44pm On Jan 01, 2016
PrinceEvolution:
lol..VIC-O actually is an EDO BOY..take note.in btw spice up ur new year with his interview on youtube..enjoy ur laffter.

Vic-O is from Cross River state. He said it himself
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by jairusben(m): 5:44pm On Jan 01, 2016
Kockane:

angry

Happy New Year people!
jeez,,didnt know he made a cover of hello,,jst it now,,dis guy na comedian,,e no folow at all
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by toms55(m): 5:45pm On Jan 01, 2016
Seun360:

God bless you boss mi, they just can't understand
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by Obipat(m): 5:46pm On Jan 01, 2016
toms55:
if Sean and Dre are producers, Dbanj is an entertainer and that is his own calling, Dbanj can entertain you can let you move your body, he said that himself, i only compared Sean and dre to Dbanj because of their diversification to business, Diddy used to be fully in rap same as Dre bu now to production and business fine, Dbanj used to be fully in Music reference to his previous hits, now he does music on a "Lowkey" but business in full an that's the deal. Don jazzy tried to sing he didn't really worked for him now he is quitting to get back fully into production.

So oga, don't look down on Dbanj for "He is WISE" he rolls with corporate mehn in the business world, he was interviewed on CNBC to talk business, ONE organisation headline f agric, Bank of Industry ambassador.
Now imagine terry G becoming an ambassador for Bank of Industry.
Oga I repeat, Dbanj is WISE. The more you look the less you see.
By the way, have you seen his latest Porsche 2015 model? Slot tins noni. Dbanj can never go hungry again al through is life time.
Right from time he has this entrepreneuship mindset ever since he Launched Koko mobile. Why not you think Dr sid was full of envy? Why do you think mo hits break up? They all saw this thing in Dbanj that they cannot understand. Once again Ejanla is WISE.
Name any thing entertainment in africa, Dbanj I always on their lips. He has gone far!
Won everything 2face has ever won. Talk about it, nane that award.

I'm not trying to compare 2face an Dbanj, I only wan you to change your mindset about him. Where are the likes of baba frayo, eddy remedy, eedris abdulkareem today?

Music isnt forever and that is what Dbanj I trying to avoid! #bless. For more reference ask OJB jezereel where music 'alone' has taken him. #ImDone
Donjazzy single handedly made Dbanj. Diddy and Dre are born proddcers. Diddy started as a back up singer to Biggie smalls just like Donjazzy did to Dbanj. Donjazzy is flying while oga titus lives by endorsement
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by Koolking(m): 5:55pm On Jan 01, 2016
amiskurie:
1. K.cee
He has limited musical skills,he keeps doing the same thing over and over again.even harrysongs still has better things to sing.

2. D.Banj
He has done great music in the past but seriously,he should focus on koko-garri plants and his other businesses.

3. Dr. Sid.
Ijo kabiesi...lol.he was trying to do another surulere but he miss road,e kon found himself for Sango-ota.

4. Inyanya
Yes,because he slowed down for reasons I don't know.he became boring and not taken seriously by people anymore.

5 JJC
Artists be like... "a cum back."

6 KSB
hahaha,jungle don mature.... It's 2016.
Kennis music can't force fake musicians on us any longer,that was then.

7. Jwon
Hmmm,another man from the same ol clan.this guy should invest in other business before he spent all he ever made from music.

8. Ice prince
Yes,tell him to stop.if he asked why...tell him everybody now hates ice-prince.

9. Olamide
Make noise in the name of making music

10. Wizkid

11. Davido

Name yours,nairalanders.

...and all other noise-makers in the name of making music. I wonder why people claim there is music in Nigeria. That era had long gone. Thank God am not a fan of Nigerian music. #TeamGoodMusic
Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by toms55(m): 5:55pm On Jan 01, 2016
Obipat:
Donjazzy single handedly made Dbanj. Diddy and Dre are born proddcers. Diddy started as a back up singer to Biggie smalls just like Donjazzy did to Dbanj. Donjazzy is flying while oga titus lives by endorsement
Dude dont you ever say that again, Dbanj bought Jazzy his first production set ask those who know what's up. Dbanj is very proficient in using the harmonica, he is good at that and he entertains with that too, ask JJC.

Funny, what brings him the endorsement If not his music, if you think ordinary music brings endorsement then why isn't other artists having as much as he has?

Give it up for Dbanj abeg, he's too much.

Not forgetting that dbanj signed that yeye drsid. Even 2face respects him like crazy, not leaving out banky W

2 Likes

Re: 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 by olatunde1234: 5:55pm On Jan 01, 2016
irunooboo:
Ice prince is just fortunate to have made a name for himself before Nigerians knew how wack and boring he is. He is not dynamic and too fake for my liking. Trying to rap like oyinbo by force with his guguru and EPA accent undecided He raps the same way since his Oleku days. His recent abookii style of rap has been over used by him and it's better he quits the game or start selling okpas decoder
and he always miss the beat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Are You Listening To Right Now? / Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him / Top 10 Naija Gospel DJ Mix in 2020 | Download "Non Stop" Praise and Worship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.