Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,866 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone (38383 Views)

7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone / How To Continue Using Whatsapp On BB and Symbian Even After 2017 Suspension / God Will Continue To Bless Airtel Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Baddestguyp(m): 11:04am On Jan 03, 2016
greenhulk:

U are giving me tweaking apps. This is why iphones is not for everyone. Whoever is rich enough to own an iPhone doesn't give a phuck about tweaking.
iphones are for everyone. what about adm pro, the fastest downloader on mobile, is the ios version out?
instasave nko? Androvid?

ios only has better games not better apps
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Baddestguyp(m): 11:05am On Jan 03, 2016
greenhulk:

And that is why apple has the best customer service. They release only 1 or 2 phones in a year. They have enough time and dedication to make that phone worth it, release timely updates and listen to customers. Meanwhile Samsung are busy releasing 20 phones a year, they realease update for few and abandon the rest, customers are not happy. When u have one child, it is easy for u to cater for him than when u have 20 children.
true, I totally agree.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Baddestguyp(m): 11:06am On Jan 03, 2016
PhonePlanet:

Dude they are not paid...they are fans!

Why can other companies pay too if its to pay??

Besides people used to line up for new windows version back in the days...
they are paid bro. Samsung too did theirs once or so but later got busted, apple too
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 03, 2016
Baddestguyp:
really? but idc says otherwise http://venturebeat.com/2015/10/28/idc-samsung-shipped-more-smartphones-in-q3-2015-than-apple-and-huawei-combined/

Again u are showing me 3rd quater sales. Like I said earlier, in some quaters iphones sell more and in other quaters Samsung sells more. It all depends on what month Samsung and Apple release their flagship phones.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 03, 2016
Baddestguyp:
they are paid bro. Samsung too did theirs once or so but later got busted, apple too

No they are not paid. And they will still line up for iPhone 7.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 11:22am On Jan 03, 2016
greenhulk:

U can imagine an iPhone 6s plus with 2gb of RAM and dual core processor vs Samsung Galaxy note 5 with 4gb of RAM and octacore. On papers u would think the Samsung would murder the iPhone. But in Reality reverse is the case. IPhone wirh lower specs still performs better in multitasking. This is unbelievable, apple really did their how work. I know before 2016 ends we will see Android phones with 5 or even 6gb of RAM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8pH8q5fAio

Lol... 6GB! Sure of that.

1 Like

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Baddestguyp(m): 11:24am On Jan 03, 2016
greenhulk:

Again u are showing me 3rd quater sales. Like I said earlier, in some quaters iphones sell more and in other quaters Samsung sells more. It all depends on what month Samsung and Apple release their flagship phones.
pls show me a quarter from idc where iPhone had more sales than samsung
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 11:25am On Jan 03, 2016
Baddestguyp:
if Samsung brings only one phone ike apple, theyd still top apple. that's cos their customers buy from their different phones so the sales are divided but apple forces u to buy a single one so that one has all their buyers purchasing it.
No! Samsung would fall in coming years, just watch....
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Baddestguyp(m): 11:26am On Jan 03, 2016
greenhulk:

No they are not paid. And they will still line up for iPhone 7.
paid bro, believe me. few are paid, others join the trend on their own you get? if apple doesn't pay anyone, no one will line up. they just pay a few to inspire others
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Baddestguyp(m): 11:27am On Jan 03, 2016
PhonePlanet:

No! Samsung would fall in coming years, just watch....
Samsung won't bro. not while they still dominate the smartphone market this much. only that apple makes more money
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 03, 2016
Baddestguyp:
pls show me a quarter from idc where iPhone had more sales than samsung

Q4 2014, apple had more sales than Samsung. Look I'm not arguing, I know Samsung are the undisputed king of smartphone. They ship more phones than every other company every year, they took the crown from Nokia. But u need to have one thing in mind, Samsung makes variety of phones, from java to tizen to low end to mid range to flagship. Apple on the other hand make only premium phones and for those premium phones to be selling in scores of millions says a lot about how good it is. Even if apple sell only 10 million iphones, they still make more money than when Samsung sells 20 million of their phones.

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 03, 2016
greenhulk:

U can imagine an iPhone 6s plus with 2gb of RAM and dual core processor vs Samsung Galaxy note 5 with 4gb of RAM and octacore. On papers u would think the Samsung would murder the iPhone. But in Reality reverse is the case. IPhone wirh lower specs still performs better in multitasking. This is unbelievable, apple really did their how work. I know before 2016 ends we will see Android phones with 5 or even 6gb of RAM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8pH8q5fAio

Wtf am I even saying? Watch how iPhone 6 plus with 1gb of RAM dominate the note 5 with 4gb of ram with octacore in multitasking/app switching. Now I know the note 5 is a faster device than the iPhone 6, but how does apple optimize their phones to use low specs yet perform well? I think Google needs to learn from them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymDVr1gMEIQ
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Baddestguyp(m): 11:43am On Jan 03, 2016
greenhulk:

Q4 2014, apple had more sales than Samsung. Look I'm not arguing, I know Samsung are the undisputed king of smartphone. They ship more phones than every other company every year, they took the crown from Nokia. But u need to have one thing in mind, Samsung makes variety of phones, from java to tizen to low end to mid range to flagship. Apple on the other hand make only premium phones and for those premium phones to be selling in scores of millions says a lot about how good it is. Even if apple sell only 10 million iphones, they still make more money than when Samsung sells 20 million of their phones.
OK, I'm not disputing this
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 11:50am On Jan 03, 2016
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 03, 2016
Baddestguyp:
they were paid bro.

it's like this, they built up hype for the phone. kept pushing it in ur face. then they pay people to queue for the phone. just a few people would do. before long others would want to join the trend on their own free will. more hype is built and even others who cant queue order for it
If that is how they made more money than every other Mobil tech company then apple is very smart. Apple paid hundred to queue and hundred of thousands joined, that is a smart marketing.

1 Like

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Baddestguyp(m): 12:54pm On Jan 03, 2016
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Baddestguyp(m): 12:55pm On Jan 03, 2016
shala01:

If that is how they made more money than every other Mobil tech company then apple is very smart. Apple paid hundred to queue and hundred of thousands joined, that is a smart marketing.
yes good marketing strategy and it will only work for apple since its one flagship a year. so they hype it up

1 Like

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by lezz(m): 1:05pm On Jan 03, 2016
zzzzy:
you complained of the software and so the high ram numbers is the solution.
The high processors and ram did offer a good amount of stability and fluidity when compared with past iterations of androids, but it still lags behind other platforms namely IOS.

Perhaps you didn't know android was developed as a camera app platform before Google bought it and tweaked it to a mobile Operating system under linux without bothering to alter its simple architectural core.

It is the reason android churns out so many updates and high ram and processors to remedy its foundational flaws
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 03, 2016
Baddestguyp:
yes good marketing strategy and it will only work for apple since its one flagship a year. so they hype it up
Hype or not iPhone 6 is a good phone.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by zzzzy: 1:15pm On Jan 03, 2016
greenhulk:

I think the guy is right. There's something wrong with Android's core architecture that makes it require 4gb kf ram and octacore to stabilize. I'm sure before the end of this year will will see a 5gb of ram phone with decacore. If u ask me this is madness for s handheld. The os needs to be optimized so it can run efficiently. U need to give credit to apple for creating an os so efficient. IPhone 4s has 512mb of RAM, that is a 2012 flagship and it ran good, its still running good. Iphone 6 is running on 1gb of RAM and dual core and it is being put against galaxy s6 with 3gb of RAM and octacore. Galaxy note 5 with 4gb of ram may be faster than iPhone 6 with just 1gb in benchmarks, but in real life usage u can't notice it. Ios is very efficient and I think Google should start making Android efficient or we might soon see an Android phone with 10gb of RAM.
ya.. That's why I'm saying that while the software isn't optimized, high ram numbers will fix it. Obviously android architecture has a flaw and as you said, we already have decacore processors. They'll keep doing that b4 Google optimizes android.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by lezz(m): 1:35pm On Jan 03, 2016
Baddestguyp:
how come these analysts didn't see the downfall of BlackBerry. they can analyse all they want, I don't see Samsung leaving their top spot in smartphone market anytime soon
blackberry at no time in mobile history ever became a top selling brand. The Nigerian market which caught the blackberry fever much late ,after it has become cold to the rest of the world, cannot become a yardstick to determine blackberry's success or lack thereof.

Having said this, blackbery lost out because the world went multimedia crazy with 3D gaming and graphics, blackberry was busy hyping its email security and intranet capabilities only a few business exec cared about.

When they discovered the trend, they tried to catch up with blackberry 10 devices ( Z10, Q10, Z30 etc) but it was too late.

Mobile warfare has moved to ecosytem and that's the strength of the IOS.

1 Like

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 03, 2016
zzzzy:
ya.. That's why I'm saying that while the software isn't optimized, high ram numbers will fix it. Obviously android architecture has a flaw and as you said, we already have decacore processors. They'll keep doing that b4 Google optimizes android.

Another thing is if apple had made ios open source, then by now we would be seeing iphones with 3 or 4gb of ram as OEM's will keep increasing the ram in order to get market share even though it doesn't significantly improve performance. I'm not saying its a bad thing, after all faster is always better. What apple has done is take time optimize the OS rather than just throwing extra cores and rams. So even if Google optimize android, it won't stop OEM's from increasing the ram and cores because the competition is stiff and everyone wants their phones to have the highest specs, so be expecting 6gb ram androids very soon especially now that the OS has gone 64 bit.

The problem though is OEM's keep increasing cores and rams at faster pace but battery technology is growing at a much lower pace. All these extra cores and ram take a toll on the battery even if these OEM's will always disagree. The solution ? Add a BIGGER battery, but that comes at a price... Bulky phones and nobody wants a bulky phone. IPhone 6s plus has a smaller battery than galaxy note 5, but note 5 doesn't have a better battery life. Some android phones boast more than 3,000mah battery but still have poor battery life compared to iPhone 6 with much smaller battery. The only improvement tjwated battery in a long time is fast charging which is a good thing.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 2:26pm On Jan 03, 2016
Baddestguyp:
how come these analysts didn't see the downfall of BlackBerry. they can analyse all they want, I don't see Samsung leaving their top spot in smartphone market anytime soon
Was that something the analyst need to say? Who did not know?
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by lezz(m): 2:27pm On Jan 03, 2016
greenhulk:

Another thing is if apple had made ios open source, then by now we would be seeing iphones with 3 or 4gb of ram as OEM's will keep increasing the ram in order to get market share even though it doesn't significantly improve performance. I'm not saying its a bad thing, after all faster is always better. What apple has done is take time optimize the OS rather than just throwing extra cores and rams. So even if Google optimize android, it won't stop OEM's from increasing the ram and cores because the competition is stiff and everyone wants their phones to have the highest specs, so be expecting 6gb ram androids very soon especially now that the OS has gone 64 bit.

The problem though is OEM's keep increasing cores and rams at faster pace but battery technology is growing at a much lower pace. All these extra cores and ram take a toll on the battery even if these OEM's will always disagree. The solution ? Add a BIGGER battery, but that comes at a price... Bulky phones and nobody wants a bulky phone. IPhone 6s plus has a smaller battery than galaxy note 5, but note 5 doesn't have a better battery life. Some android phones boast more than 3,000mah battery but still have poor battery life compared to iPhone 6 with much smaller battery. The only improvement tjwated battery in a long time is fast charging which is a good thing.
Spot on. Note 4 is 3200 mah, LG flex is 3500 mah, Note 5 is clocking the 3000 mark as well.

Android users -- myself no different-- are just paying for the instability of the OS in high ram and over clocked processors which affect pricing.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Baddestguyp(m): 2:36pm On Jan 03, 2016
lezz:
blackberry at no time in mobile history ever became a top selling brand. The Nigerian market which caught the blackberry fever much late ,after it has become cold to the rest of the world, cannot become a yardstick to determine blackberry's success or lack thereof.

Having said this, blackbery lost out because the world went multimedia crazy with 3D gaming and graphics, blackberry was busy hyping its email security and intranet capabilities only a few business exec cared about.

When they discovered the trend, they tried to catch up with blackberry 10 devices ( Z10, Q10, Z30 etc) but it was too late.

Mobile warfare has moved to ecosytem and that's the strength of the IOS.
you have a point
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Baddestguyp(m): 2:37pm On Jan 03, 2016
shala01:
Hype or not iPhone 6 is a good phone.
no one is disputing that
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 03, 2016
greenhulk:

When you talk about these things you should always complete it. IPhone 6s plus runs on the latest iOS which is optimised to consume less battery. Marshmallow is also optimised to consume less battery but note5 is still running on lollipop isn't battery friendly.

Note5 battery will smoke iPhone 6s plus battery when it gets updated cos the latter offer just few mins better battery life than the earlier

1 Like

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 03, 2016
lezz:
Spot on. Note 4 is 3200 mah, LG flex is 3500 mah note 5 is locking the 3000 mark as well.

Android users -- myself no different-- are just paying for the instability of the OS in high ram and over clocked processors which affect pricing.

I'm asking you again. Define the instability of Android? This is the third time am asking.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 03, 2016
lezz:
The high processors and ram did offer a good amount of stability and fluidity when compared with past iterations of androids, but it still lags behind other platforms namely IOS.

Perhaps you didn't know android was developed as a camera app platform before Google bought it and tweaked it to a mobile Operating system under linux without bothering to alter it's simple architectural core.

It is the reason android churns out so many updates and high ram and processors to remedy its foundational flaws

Lags behind in what aspect. I need you to explain.
Android wasn't developed as a camera app, it was developed as an advanced os for cameras.

What updates are you talking about? Apple churns out more updates than anybody else. Atm, ios9 is in 9.2.1 while marshmallow is still in 5.1. What would u say about that?
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by lezz(m): 6:34pm On Jan 03, 2016
ollah1:

I'm asking you again. Define the instability of Android? This is the third time am asking.
Do you employ selective reading when I quote you?

Twice I have referred you to this very thread where I made a cursory definition of stability in relation to mobile operations and you keep asking the question.

The post I attached the BGR link has that definition in the last paragraph, look for it.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 03, 2016
greenhulk:

Wtf am I even saying? Watch how iPhone 6 plus with 1gb of RAM dominate the note 5 with 4gb of ram with octacore in multitasking/app switching. Now I know the note 5 is a faster device than the iPhone 6, but how does apple optimize their phones to use low specs yet perform well? I think Google needs to learn from them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymDVr1gMEIQ

Sometimes I don't understand how you make your arguments. U mentioned note5 then concluded Google Should do something about android. Is samsung the benchmark of measuring android? I have said it here times without number touchwiz ruins loads of things and the video isn't left out. Use HTC or vanilla for nurses comparisons.

I don't understand u guys, really!
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 03, 2016
lezz:
Do you employ selective reading when I quote you?

Twice I have referred you to this very thread where I made a cursory definition of stability in relation to mobile operations and you keep asking the question.

The post I attached the BGR link has that definition in the last paragraph, look for it.

Well, I didn't read anything related to your definition of ur stability of android. Also, I rejected your bgr link cos they have never ever said anything positive about android. They are pro Apple and they don't hide it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Is The Worst Phone You've Ever Used Or Cant Recommend? / NTEL Number Reservation Available Here. / Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.