Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,782 members, 7,851,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:25 AM

Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State (57328 Views)

Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) / "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) / Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by IBROHIM: 7:07pm On Jan 03, 2016
This is how the pagans started! They thought they were worshiping God through the statues!
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Nonybb: 7:07pm On Jan 03, 2016
r
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by moscobabs(m): 7:07pm On Jan 03, 2016
h
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Aderiadeo: 7:07pm On Jan 03, 2016
Wow cute jesus
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by film2(m): 7:07pm On Jan 03, 2016
f
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by sexaddict08(m): 7:07pm On Jan 03, 2016
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by JaypeeAnics(m): 7:09pm On Jan 03, 2016
Pls APC supporters d statue wasn't built by Rocha's ooooooo....b4 Una go dey take d glory.....
at least did statue will stay for years....its better Dan dat Xmas tree dat can feed d whole state.....
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by dadido(m): 7:09pm On Jan 03, 2016
Nina4u:
Leviticus 26:1King James Version (KJV)
Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the Lord your God...

not to whoship just to beautify his church and means of tourist for the state.
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by omusiliyu(m): 7:10pm On Jan 03, 2016
...at 9m, it can't be the tallest statue in Africa. Check the 48m tall African Renaissance Monument that Abdoulaye Wade wasted $28M on top in Dakar.

2 Likes

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Phobia1: 7:10pm On Jan 03, 2016
bronzegoddess:
All d people involved in this are maaaaadd!!! Statue?
Statue?!
And u'll soon see dem bowin for the statue dey use their tithe money to pay som1 to built for dem. #LordHaveMercy
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by ajebuter(f): 7:11pm On Jan 03, 2016
Very good, imo state.

I hope the presence of this 'giant-size jesus' will remind SOME criminal-minded ones to steer clear off crime.

Because i know imolites to be very hard working and industious

God bless our honest hussle this year and beyond
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by OGHENE316(m): 7:12pm On Jan 03, 2016
NICE GOD FOGIVE DOS DAT SAYS IT IS AN IDOL
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by DisGuy: 7:14pm On Jan 03, 2016
Only consolation is that the govt will be inclined to build better roads and facilities in the area with the level of global interest this has generated plus tourism

I foresee fireworks display at this location by the end of the year grin grin
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by eposho: 7:15pm On Jan 03, 2016
OGHENE316:
NICE GOD FOGIVE DOS DAT SAYS IT IS AN IDOL
So what is it? GOD himself?
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by borntoR35(m): 7:15pm On Jan 03, 2016
Nina4u:
Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the Lord your God...
they are not bowing but unveiling. if u see them worshipped d image then they can be questioned

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by TruthPower: 7:16pm On Jan 03, 2016
Not only is the statue a misplaced priority in the greater scheme of things; but the foreign looking figure does not look like 99% of the people in that community.

2 Likes

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by eightsin(m): 7:17pm On Jan 03, 2016
You guys mean this was actually in Nigeria?

I hail una flair for irrelevant tinz

3 Likes

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 03, 2016
Exactly wat i had in thought! The man may have a something good in doing this, but people bowing to this is An abomination to God. This is just stone nd nothing else. I won't b suprised to hear that they wake up one morning and see this stature broken to pieces
Nina4u:
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by bronzegoddess(f): 7:21pm On Jan 03, 2016
Phobia1:

And u'll soon see dem bowin for the statue dey use their tithe money to pay som1 to built for dem. #LordHaveMercy

Funny. If I hear sey I pay tithe for church.

Smh!!!

2 Likes

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Kamxin(m): 7:21pm On Jan 03, 2016
As The world's oldest surviving institution, the Catholic church knows what Jesus look like. As we know what His parents look like. So only with jealousy that this fact can be denied. Mary is pure Catholic.

Even the earlier apostles we know what they all look like and mind you drawing and painting are natural talent that predates Christ by hundreds of years. There were people moulding in the time of Moses.

Why would someone be shouting this is not Jesus when he or she acknowledge not to have seen Him?

So in conclusion, we saw our hero and moulded him because we want to be like him and be thinking about him always.

Jesus is not Mohammed, so you can sketch, draw and paint Him into the mind of his followers.
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by kellybently(m): 7:22pm On Jan 03, 2016
identify jesus in the image

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by bronzegoddess(f): 7:23pm On Jan 03, 2016
dacovajnr:
ain't you a bronzegoddess yourself which qualifies you as a statue grin

Lol..no na. I'm just a heavenly being, dazall
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Gkemz: 7:24pm On Jan 03, 2016
Soon they will turn this one to god. I don't care whether it was commissioned by bishop or even the Pope. This is not Jesus Christ and shouldn't be compared to Jesus Christ. It doesn't even look like him
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by kaywiluv(f): 7:24pm On Jan 03, 2016
I tot dey said it was constructed by chinese.... China produced dey last undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Kamxin(m): 7:25pm On Jan 03, 2016
Phobia1:

Sheer bigotry have enveloped your eye
Please read and comprehend.

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by k2kay(m): 7:26pm On Jan 03, 2016
IDOLATRY
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Frankiss44(m): 7:27pm On Jan 03, 2016
Of all the problems facing the imo people.. What a governor?

Jesus Wept.

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by phreakabit(m): 7:28pm On Jan 03, 2016
Inb4 Reverend Mbaka comes to say the plotted for this to fall on Buhari's head.
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Onyinyefranka: 7:30pm On Jan 03, 2016
I have observed dat here on Nairaland ppl talk any how,no caution no discipline .when u dn't ve anytin 2 say jst keep short cos u mustn't make comment on evrytin.

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by justicesky24(m): 7:30pm On Jan 03, 2016
Catholic's at work
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by LOVEGINO(m): 7:30pm On Jan 03, 2016
contactmorak:
Nigeria on Friday unveiled a nine-metre tall statue of Jesus Christ carved from white marble, thought to be the biggest of its kind in Africa.
Standing barefoot with arms outstretched, the "Jesus de Greatest" statue weighs in at 40 tonnes.

More than 100 priests and hundreds of Catholic worshippers attended the nine-metre (30-foot) statue's official unveiling in the village of Abajah in Imo state, Nigeria.

The statute was commissioned by Obinna Onuoha, a local businessman who hired a Chinese company to carve it. It was placed in the grounds of a 2000-capacity church that he built in 2012.

In his homily at a Mass before unveiling the statue, presiding bishop Augustine Tochukwu Okwuoma said it is a "very great symbol of faith" for Catholic worshippers and passers-by alike and remind them of the importance of Jesus Christ," The presiding Bishop blessed the statue after mass.

The cost of the statue has not been revealed.

The 43-year-old boss of an oil and gas service company timed the statue's unveiling to coincide with his parents' 50th wedding anniversary.

He said the idea of building a giant statue of Jesus came to him in a dream nearly 20 years ago.
And when his 68-year-old mother fell seriously ill a few years ago, she made him promise that he would build a church if she survived.

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/01/photos-from-unveiling-of-africas.html
Brazil in Nigeria live!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Faces Sound System In Direction Of Church That Always 'disturbs' Him / Olagorioye Faleyimu: "TB Joshua’s Death Is Near, Buhari Will Rule For 8 Years" / Police Officers Storm "Noisy" Nigerian Church In Detroit USA, Dance With Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.