Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:30 PM

Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State (57321 Views)

Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) / "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) / Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by AreaFada2: 8:06pm On Jan 03, 2016
Even after research into the skin colour and looks of 1st century AD Jews shows they were not white blonde people, Africans still following slave master instruction. Nawa o.

Some will soon come and say it doesn't matter how he looked like.

If so, why not make him look like Dim Ojukwu, Bola Ahmed Tinubu or another dark-skinned African?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Henovy: 8:07pm On Jan 03, 2016
panachuku:
Cool, to those critic pls not he didnt use d money to buy jet, phantom, range rover and oda tins. Used it to bring tourism to his village. Surely pple wud come to visit d statue, hotels , traders and oda businesses wud boom in his village. Correct man
Will people pay to [s]
panachuku:
Cool, to those critic pls not he didnt use d money to buy jet, phantom, range rover and oda tins. Used it to bring tourism to his village. Surely pple wud come to visit d statue, hotels , traders and oda businesses wud boom in his village. Correct man
Will people pay to [/s]
panachuku:
Will people pay to worship sorry view this statute? So how will it boost tourism?
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by henryhemon(m): 8:07pm On Jan 03, 2016
Nonybb:
THAT SCULPTURE CANT BE JESUS. JESUS DIED AT THE AGE OF 33 YEARS WHEN HE WAS ON EARTH BUT THAT MAN LOOK 60 YEARS. APC GOVERNMENT IS FULL OF LIARS

You have to show your stupidity as always.
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by FisifunKododada: 8:08pm On Jan 03, 2016
cool Advice to Africans: If you MUST erect a statue to venerate at least erect one that looks like you. Don't make the most visible image in your community that of a white man. It speaks of low self esteem and gross stupidity. THINK. AFRICANS. THINK.

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Okies27(m): 8:09pm On Jan 03, 2016
Nina4u:
No one knows what Jesus looked like yet we erect statues of 'Jesus'. What if the statue is of satan, how do we know? Yet we venerate statues ...
. I don't want to be guilty of the word "raka". There were artists in those days n of course they saw Jesus n drew him on walls n scroll
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Btruth: 8:10pm On Jan 03, 2016
Worshipping of statue is equal to worshipping of idol. So, I will take it as they are worshipping idol.
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by OluwaLeonard(m): 8:10pm On Jan 03, 2016
Nina4u:
No one knows what Jesus looked like yet we erect statues of 'Jesus'. What if the statue is of satan, how do we know? Yet we venerate statues ...
we are in his image,so we can tink anybody to b like I'm
DddddddddOooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by FisifunKododada: 8:11pm On Jan 03, 2016
cool YEEBOOS embarrassing the black race since 12 A.D
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Amberon: 8:11pm On Jan 03, 2016
italo would still have a twist to this even when its clearly stated in the bible. No graven image. They won't hear. your church doctrines won't take you to heaven, your relationship or belief in God will.
Nina4u:
Leviticus 26:1King James Version (KJV)
Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the Lord your God...
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by ramalot(m): 8:12pm On Jan 03, 2016
smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by limitless777(m): 8:12pm On Jan 03, 2016
amanze15:
please, your point could be better struck, but use the internet to your strength and read views on issues properly, the presence of the christian mission (both Anglican n catholic) in south eastern Nigeria is bigger than any part of the country and south easterners spread their generosity to this mission every part of the country they set settles FACT!!!
do you know? "Côte d'Ivoire President Félix Houphouët-Boigny chose his birthplace of Yamoussoukro to be the future site of the new capital city of his country in 1983. As part of the plan of the city, the president wanted to memorialize himself with the construction of what he called the greatest church in the world" "The Basilica of Our Lady of Peace (French: Basilique Notre-Dame de la Paix) is a Catholic minor basilica dedicated to Our Lady of Peace in Yamoussoukro, the administrative capital of Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast). The basilica was constructed between 1985 and 1989 at a cost of US$300 million", and dont forget Less than a third of Côte d'Ivoire's population are Christian cheesy cheesy cheesy

U r, at least it seems to be, on point. But the issue is that Cote d'Ivoire seem a wide pole distant apart from 9ija on the matter on ground here. No correlation at all. With all due respect Sir. Ur points r NOT bad. God help us in 9ija.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by saintol(m): 8:13pm On Jan 03, 2016
I wonder if the statue is really in their heart... Mind you, that Jesus in the book of my bible story dont have long hair. Na which one be real Jesus oooo. Different pix everywhere

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by OluwaLeonard(m): 8:13pm On Jan 03, 2016
Nonybb:
THAT SCULPTURE CANT BE JESUS. JESUS DIED AT THE AGE OF 33 YEARS WHEN HE WAS ON EARTH BUT THAT MAN LOOK 60 YEARS. APC GOVERNMENT IS FULL OF LIARS
U no dey read at at all. Sey onouha Na politician?
U just sit down dere goglin others
O gaaa o
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by mayorvilla(m): 8:14pm On Jan 03, 2016
I Wonder O
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by blackb2(m): 8:18pm On Jan 03, 2016
Jesus as seen in the movies grin
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by kateskitty(f): 8:21pm On Jan 03, 2016
Nina4u:
Then don't venerate any statue, just waka pass please, no body beg you.
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by kizydafizy(m): 8:22pm On Jan 03, 2016
Nina4u:
Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the Lord your God...

Numbers 21:8-9 KJV
And the Lord said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live. [9] And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by amanze15(m): 8:22pm On Jan 03, 2016
limitless777:

U r, at least it seems to be, on point. But the issue is that Cote d'Ivoire seem a wide pole distant apart from 9ija on the matter on ground here. No correlation at all. With all due respect Sir. Ur points r NOT bad. God help us in 9ija.
thank you!
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Smith35(m): 8:23pm On Jan 03, 2016
When the Muslims go crazy over people depicting the picture of their holy prophet Muhammed (saw), ppl kept crying foul over nothing whereas, they were right. I wouldn't support violence of any form but Charlie Hebdo issue went too far cox I believe the holy prophet alive wouldn't ask anyone to kill another - that aside. Reading thru comments here, I see ppl (Christians) not being happy about statues depicting Jesus and someone even brought out a verse where such is condemned. It goes to show that our pastors haven't done enough to understand what they teach! Why would we acclaim an actor whose job got forgotten and was taken to be d "real" Christ. U go to churches seeing this pictures and ppl acknowledging it as their lord n God? Isn't this d same idol we got warned by God not to worship? Y'all believed Jesus but got lost in idolizing another man as him. Such a lost lost world
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Smith35(m): 8:27pm On Jan 03, 2016
saintol:
I wonder if the statue is really in their heart... Mind you, that Jesus in the book of my bible story dont have long hair. Na which one be real Jesus oooo. Different pix everywhere

cheesy grin hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I DON DIE WITH LAFF
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by abokikhalifa: 8:28pm On Jan 03, 2016
[quote author=bronzegoddess post=41603698]All d people involved in this are maaaaadd!!! Statue?
Statue?! [/quote words from poor and hungry people shocked
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by kateskitty(f): 8:29pm On Jan 03, 2016
Amberon:
italo would still have a twist to this even when its clearly stated in the bible. No graven image. They won't hear. your church doctrines won't take you to heaven, your relationship or belief in God will.
The love for money and sex in this day and age is that not a graven image so many people have erected in their hearts, as if it is only when you look at a statue that you have worshipped an idol. Leave the statue alone for those who need it.
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Orikinla(m): 8:31pm On Jan 03, 2016
[size=28pt]Did JESUS CHRIST ask for any statue?
That is not JESUS CHRIST, but an idol.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by kizydafizy(m): 8:34pm On Jan 03, 2016
Amberon:

Acts 19:11-12 KJV
And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul: [12] So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by ojnnaco(m): 8:34pm On Jan 03, 2016
dacovajnr:
ain't you a bronzegoddess yourself which qualifies you as a statue grin
Lol.....This niqqa u badt die .... Lwkmd
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by kateskitty(f): 8:35pm On Jan 03, 2016
Nina4u:

The love for money and sex in this day and age is that not a graven image or thing so many people have erected in their hearts and worship, as if it is only when you look at a statue that you have worshipped an idol. Leave the statue alone for those who need it.
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by bronzegoddess(f): 8:36pm On Jan 03, 2016
[quote author=abokikhalifa post=41622526][/quote] I need 50k. Send me a PM since u are rich and well fed smiley
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by ReachHard: 8:44pm On Jan 03, 2016
I just hope say no be Dasuki loot them use build dat thing o

Abi na Imo Civil Servants' owed salaries sef...

God is watching
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 03, 2016
I know Jesus was not a white man. To hide His African origin / race was one of the major reasons why the book of Enoch was removed from the bible! angry angry

Nina4u:
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by kingofdemons: 8:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
[s]
Nina4u:
[/s]

if i can know how julius cesear, pontius pilate, Constantine, etc looks like why won't i know how Jesus looks like.

remember Jesus was a Roman citizen, jew and you know the Romans and civilization (carving of stones, sculptures, etc) and you're also remember that Jesus was popular thus possibility of famous sculptors will carve or paint him and also remember how white preserves history so your arguments holds no water but that status is definitely not Jesus

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 03, 2016
Nina4u:

you've seen people bowing down to the statue abi??
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 03, 2016
FisifunKododada:
cool The white man has done his job on Africans. It is complete. The colonial brainwashing has worked as planned. Adios Africans. You would have being a great people. RIP.
what's a great man like you doing on nairaland? ain't you wasting your time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Carrying Bible Preaches With Machete Because Of Fulani Herdsmen (Pic, Video) / Man Faces Sound System In Direction Of Church That Always 'disturbs' Him / Olagorioye Faleyimu: "TB Joshua’s Death Is Near, Buhari Will Rule For 8 Years"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.