Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,753 members, 7,851,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:31 PM

Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State (57322 Views)

Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) / "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) / Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Splinz(m): 9:01pm On Jan 03, 2016
Arrgh... Imo State has finally enthroned a giant idol for Imolites to worship. This is an official dedication of Imo State to Satan. What a pity.

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by richard870(m): 9:05pm On Jan 03, 2016
contactmorak:
Wow! SEE THE REST» http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/01/photos-from-unveiling-of-africas.html
Ehya! Peleh linda ikeji wannabe..mumu of d highest order. Nobody go click ur link*fool*
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Donchkus(m): 9:09pm On Jan 03, 2016
Dis one na to construct idol fr. D Catholic Pple.to bow down n worship.
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Horlawale1(m): 9:17pm On Jan 03, 2016
My people perish because of lack of knowledge.

Nonsense with Boldness....
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by zeedof(m): 9:18pm On Jan 03, 2016
Nina4u:
Leviticus 26:1King James Version (KJV)
Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the Lord your God...
it's seems some people read the back of Bible because I don't know how one could have bible which was started no body should add or remove and still believe this Statue as Jesus. This statue can kill many illuteriat in Nigeria. Let someone just spray it with even clean water, the gullible will come out and say this and that start fight
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 03, 2016
Pavore9:
Hmm....reminds one of Christ the Redeemer Statue in Brazil.

Not forgetting Christ the King statue in Poland. This one stands at 170ft with the base, taller than the one in Brazil.

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by meforyou1(m): 9:18pm On Jan 03, 2016
omusiliyu:
...at 9m, it can't be the tallest statue in Africa. Check the 48m tall African Renaissance Monument that Abdoulaye Wade wasted $28M on top in Dakar.
thought to be "the tallest statue of 'Jesus'" in Africa
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by hakinze00(m): 9:21pm On Jan 03, 2016
It is not as big as dat of rio's
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Litmus: 9:22pm On Jan 03, 2016
Firstly, it is undoubtedly a landmark statue, future tourist attraction and quite an achievement by the artist...but please someone in that state or community, preferably a jobless youth, one night, climb up the statue with brown or black pot of paint and color the hands feet and face wink

Far from irresponsible, this act of good radicalism if not vandalism will bestow a certain piquancy to the piece and add to the tourism value lipsrsealed
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 03, 2016
Nina4u:
No one knows what Jesus looked like yet we erect statues of 'Jesus'. What if the statue is of satan, how do we know? Yet we venerate statues ...
i dont believe in statue but read revelations to see what jesus look like
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by otiigba1(m): 9:29pm On Jan 03, 2016
This statue is made from a photo/portrait of a white cocaine sniffing and crack smoking white actor,
But for some nigerians a statue of a junkie is Jesus grin grin, its a shame that some nigerians are still in a Religious slumber. Some of them do not even have any clue were judai christianity came from.
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by meforyou1(m): 9:30pm On Jan 03, 2016
Gkemz:
Soon they will turn this one to god. I don't care whether it was commissioned by bishop or even the Pope. This is not Jesus Christ and shouldn't be compared to Jesus Christ. It doesn't even look like him
ha, Jesus was ur cousin or classmate? How do u know what he looks like
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by meforyou1(m): 9:31pm On Jan 03, 2016
kingnairaland:
i dont believe in statue but read revelations to see what jesus look like
chapter and verse pls
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by dami2169: 9:34pm On Jan 03, 2016
Very right!
Nice observation
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by oduastates: 9:36pm On Jan 03, 2016
Meanwhile the Pope prays using the true depiction of the real jesus.

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by meforyou1(m): 9:40pm On Jan 03, 2016
limitless777:
trust me. this is an opened door to more catastrophes in 9ija. Y? the Muslim-dominated North av bn waiting for this n they will waste no time in going all out to propagate sharia n ALL other added concomitants of Islam. Don't say it's unfair by the time the complaints comes in droves. It won't be fun then trust me. There are Muslims n other traditionalists in Imo for crying out loud. This is same as declaring that State a Christian State with religious and political consequences. Y use the tax-payers money for such? By the way is this really "JESUS CHRIST"?
it is so obvious you didn't read the post. The monument was erected by an individual not state government, so question of tax payers money doesn't arise.
And the traditionalists in Imo state, like me, are also christain.
Lastly, there is no single muslim in Imo State. Imo is a pure and unalloyed 100% christain state.

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by FisifunKododada: 9:52pm On Jan 03, 2016
shadowgwalker:
what's a great man like you doing on nairaland? ain't you wasting your time.

cool The internet is a source of information. But I bet you might be just too slow to realize the significance of that.
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by BlessedSpirit: 9:52pm On Jan 03, 2016
Nina4u:
Leviticus 26:1King James Version (KJV)
Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the Lord your God...
...to bow down unot it: so far they don't bow to it......nothing spoil.
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Phobia1: 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2016
Kamxin:

Sheer bigotry have enveloped your eye
Please read and comprehend.
sheer bigotry nikan kor na shites bigutter. And if u so wish, u can do d readin to me. #Eranko
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by SeanDada1(m): 10:38pm On Jan 03, 2016
contactmorak:
Wow! SEE THE REST» http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/01/photos-from-unveiling-of-africas.html

I hope proper Engineering & design considerations have been put in place to avoid failure?
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by RaptorX: 10:38pm On Jan 03, 2016
meforyou1:
chapter and verse pls
Revelations 1:13-15
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Holuwadammie(m): 10:38pm On Jan 03, 2016
No one knows what Jesus looked like yet we erect statues of 'Jesus'. What if the statue is of satan, how do we know? Yet we venerate statues ...

1 Share

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 03, 2016
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by otokx(m): 10:53pm On Jan 03, 2016
It is now we understand the under performance of Rochas Okorocha. Its as unto the case of 3 blind mice.
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by dacovajnr: 11:08pm On Jan 03, 2016
bronzegoddess:

Lol..no na. I'm just a heavenly being, dazall
and that Statue is an Heavenly Statue tongue
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by abokikhalifa: 11:09pm On Jan 03, 2016
bronzegoddess:
I need 50k. Send me a PM since u are rich and well fed smiley
send me your bank details boy
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Heureaux: 11:22pm On Jan 03, 2016
Richie0974:
Confused people. I dunno where they saw a picture of Jesus that they've idolized an ordinary human. The Bible says ' my people perish for lack of knowledge ' .smh
it is for that same reason u are where u are
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by ewizard1: 11:38pm On Jan 03, 2016
When some would kneel before a BANNER and pray?
Abeg leave trash for Lawma!
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by bronzegoddess(f): 11:56pm On Jan 03, 2016
abokikhalifa:
send me your bank details boy
Lemme PM u okay? I'm female, FYI
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by BlackHummer(m): 1:12am On Jan 04, 2016
Please, this is disgusting before God.
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by Chibyko(m): 1:53am On Jan 04, 2016
Anything dat is not of God doesn't last... Leave d judgement for God all u critics. U all hv forgotten dat Man's wisdom is foolishness to God... His ways is not our way... So, stop judging and worship wateva it is u believe in, in ur own way... #ProudlyCatholic... Nobdy has seen Jesus face;YES bt dat is y we have wat we call FAITH in d christian community... Wat evidence do u have dat your father is ur father or ur mother is ur mother and pls dnt tel me DNA test because you can't prove anytn abt wat DNA is except wen u r told... U cn neva b sure abt anything in life dts y God said we shld live judgement for him cz only him knows d hrt of Men... #peaceOut

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State by ubomobi: 4:49am On Jan 04, 2016
DisGuy:
Only consolation is that the govt will be inclined to build better roads and facilities in the area with the level of global interest this has generated plus tourism

I foresee fireworks display at this location by the end of the year grin grin
heya, what global interest?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Carrying Bible Preaches With Machete Because Of Fulani Herdsmen (Pic, Video) / Man Faces Sound System In Direction Of Church That Always 'disturbs' Him / Olagorioye Faleyimu: "TB Joshua’s Death Is Near, Buhari Will Rule For 8 Years"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.