Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story (39310 Views)

Marriage And The Happily Ever After Syndrome: An Alternative Perspective / Rescued 'Witch Child' Hope Dances Happily In New Video / This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by Teddeebear: 7:35am On Jan 05, 2016
ivyT:

Ofcourse,i can*most of our parents started that way and there was abundance in the end.

#HeMustBeLoyal
that's cool, but That is what Most ladies say, just to appear good, but they don't do it in reality. I hope you are different cheesy

2 Likes

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by dmcdad: 7:36am On Jan 05, 2016
queenfav:
@realberry pls try to change your impression of marriage.You can have a wonderful marriage despite your all you have seen in your family.My parents are separated,I was raised by a single mum.My dad till date doesn't even have my number,cos he was never there for me.I owe my success today as a lawyer to my mother.I am sure you have not seen the worst of marriages.

As someone who was mediating on at least 3 divorce cases a day,I should not even be getting married with all. I have heard a lot of sad/negative stories to the point that nothing surprises me anymore.From a man who woke his wife up in d middle of the night,bathed her with acid simply because she bought a land.Abi is it a woman who was sleeping with her husband's younger cousin that was living with them?Yet,I still believe that marriage is a beautiful thing if you are well prepared and do it when its right for you.With God,financial and emotional maturity,there's nothing you can't survive.My mother always taught me never to judge a man based on my father,or what I see as a divorce attorney.

Today I am engaged to an amazing man that cares for me more than he cares for himself.Trust me when I say I am more than willing to spend the rest of my life with him.In the pastI, didn't want to ever get married,but my mum would tell me to reject it for myself!That I will have a happy marriage,and I started making a conscious effort to work at my relationship.There is no perfect relationship/marriage.The key is to apologize and laugh it off.understanding is very important too.Many get married,without trying to understand themselves to a point where they can cohabit peacefully.I have a very hot temper but he has figured out a way to calm me down,me too I have to bend in most cases and swallow my pride to apologize to him when we have issues.

Never for once has he raised his hand to hit me,or disrespect me.Not all men are physically abusive,there are still men who would never hit a woman!He doesn't have so much money,so I am not even with him for what he can do for me.I am with him because I love the way he loves me,and I have come to love him more that he does me with each passing day.I see in him the accomplished man he would become in future.With me by his side,there's nothing he can't achieve because I am willing to support and encourage him in his dreams.Marriage based on deep love will always find a way to overcome challenges.Hold on and I am sure you will meet the one that will make you come and modify this post in a few months time.

As for those saying those who have been. married for less than 10 years should not talk about being happily married.I pity you!More than 50 percent of the divorce cases I handle happens between couples married for less than 5 years.Newly married couples have a lot of issues ranging from family interference,adjustments to the quirky habits and values of their partner.He may want the light on at night,while she doesn't sleep with lights off.Probably they were just seeing on weekends during courtship so one had to succumb to the will of the other.Things like that are the issues they face,for the immature ones it can lead to their divorce.That's where he/or she says their partner doesn't respect his/her opinion,simply because they couldn't find a way to resolve little issues.

The grudge of those small things head on to affect the big things.Before you know it they have drifted apart and calling up a lawyer to file for divorce on grounds of irreconcilable differences.So,for someone to have crossed that. 5 year mark means they are done with the adjustment stage in marriage,therefore more compatible and mature to handle challenges.
#Respect.

3 Likes

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by ivyT(f): 7:43am On Jan 05, 2016
Teddeebear:
that's cool, but That is what Most ladies say, just to appear good, but they don't do it in reality. I hope you are different cheesy

Every1 wants the good things of life;no doubt
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by Lordnewton1(m): 7:44am On Jan 05, 2016
Zuriela:
Once u say I'm happily married you'll see people that will 'yimu' cos too many sad marriage stories are beginning to make pple think no one is truly happily married.
**And Yes I'm happily married to my best friend and we're still best friends** kiss
yimuing at you
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by dmcdad: 7:46am On Jan 05, 2016
mitchyy:

Hahahaha. Na boredom carry me reach here o
I keep wondering why people say they are bored...
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by Teddeebear: 7:49am On Jan 05, 2016
ivyT:

Every1 wants the good things of life;no doubt
lol, if one can keep to her words or belief, its a different case then …

if one can't see the future only seeing the present, one may not go far in life
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 05, 2016
Alanjeffy:

Am telling you.. Pple rushed down to the post to paint words. Nobody will accept having probs now in marriages. Even some ladies here their husbands r big time cheat n drunks r here pretending..

I can easily state some reasons for unhappy marriages..

1. Most ladies married cos they needed a financial breakthrough...

2. Some ladies even in relationships know that their men r flirts Buh they went ahead accepting his proposal just all in d name of being desperate.. If you can't change a man in a relationship, u can't change him in marriage.

3. Some men r so irresponsible that they never planned their life n went ahead to marry. With time u see them giving birth to 8 kids in a room n thereby living in poverty..in this case,most ladies mount pressure on d man all in d name of desperation. For eg.....

I studied engineering in school n v also finished my nysc.. I v a friend who is a medical nurse n she z a yr older than me.. She mounted much pressure on me last yr even wanted to connect me to an oil company job Buh I refused cos I know where the whole mess Will land me(a lady controlling d family)..
Thank God I used my initiative to handle her n now everything is a story.. We don't communicate again..
Assuming I made that mistake,I would v regretted it my whole life..

I always say it n will say it all over again ..
THERE IS NO HAPPINESS IN MARRIAGE WHEN YU AS A MAN IS NOT ABLE TO TAKE UP UR RESPONSIBILITIES..
4. Yu committing yaself to a serious relationship when u know truly well your not ready for marriage..

I will always the ladies this ..MARRIAGE IS NOT A COMPULSORY RANSOM ATTACHED TO LIFE..everybody musnt marry no matter the desperation. The best as a lady is to go to sch,read n make good grade..come out n get yaself a job . live happily n see marriage come naturally. No age is late for marriage..my aunty that's 50+ just married last yr.

Ladies shud stop making mistakes in life just as a result of desperation.
Ahha.
I knew there are people like you that would support me. They never said they don't have problems in their marriages, they only learnt to pull through it.

I was only being sarcastic with my previous post. Don't merry yet grin

1 Like

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 05, 2016
Ginaz:
One day I'll be happily married but for the main time, my husband is searching for me. He'll find me soon. Can someone please give him a map? He's looking at the wrong places while I'm here waiting for him to come embarassed cry

I am the man sweetie.
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by segcymoor(m): 7:57am On Jan 05, 2016
Hmmn
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by yomi007k(m): 7:58am On Jan 05, 2016
maryhaam:
hmmmm derailer, op don't mind him we are happily married.
kiss
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by modath(f): 8:07am On Jan 05, 2016
989900:
Truly happily married folks don't have time for this kinda BS.

Truly happy is not exact science, it is what one makes of it... wink

Wishing you a prosperous, peaceful & truly happy 2016.

3 Likes

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by joenaija: 8:07am On Jan 05, 2016
nefertitiram:
Am I Happy?
Yes
Am I happily married?
Yes
Why?
Because I have no expectations whatsoever. I give my all to my marriage with no reservations, it makes me happy. My happiness cannot be determined by another person.

Is my husband happy?
Yes
Happily married?
Yes
Why?
Because he married a happy woman who remains happy in spite of the situation, and joy is contagious.

Like today, Oga dropped me at the market and forgot to give me the money to cook. I used the money I held for baby wipes (patapata, I will wash baby's bum bum with water and soap). I saw goat meat, chai, ds one go make one bad ass soup o! I chartered it.

Oga called, hw far, you forgot to collect money to cook (as if say he didn't forget to give me). I told him I used baby wipes money.

He came home with the baby wipes (I didn't expect it, but nothing spoil, no need for water and soap therapy) and he praised food taya, goat meat never tasted so good.

Buying the baby wipes made me happy today. Goat meat made him happy today. Tomorrow, we will seek other ways to make each other happy. We are in this together for eternity, so you better spend eternity making each other happy!

We fight and bicker and argue and scream at each other, it's not all rosy, let nobody deceive you but we still got love for each other, and make up somehow, with a peace offering.

Just do your best happily without malice. If your husband is not a monster, he will appreciate you and you will both live happily ever after.

And if he upsets you, always remember Joel Osteen, "Let no man steal your Joy"

100 likes from me

1 Like

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 05, 2016
sonofananimal:
you are right! And this is the truth.

Kind of understand Paul statement "it is better to be single than to marry"

The trouble of even having a girlfriend can be multiply times 2 when married.

But we want to get married not because of love but because the society said you must marry, you are not getting any younger, your mate has already have a child.

So when think of all this stuff, one will desperately want to get married and when he/she have seen that there is no joy in it and regret why he/she married, that's when them THEMSELF will wish that he/she is single at the very first place. But most of them won't tell you the truth and what there are going through.

Another reason why it is extremely important to be happy first 'cause if you're really really really happy, what people say won't matter to you much or maybe not even at all wink

4 Likes

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by masqot(m): 8:14am On Jan 05, 2016
Marriage is not Eldorado. It's a land of contentment where nothing is perfect but where a couple strives to find level ground. Once this is understood, both parties would not over-stretch the institution. Summarily, it's for mature, dedicated, sacrificial and believing persons.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by Lilimax(f): 8:19am On Jan 05, 2016
Realberry:
Happily married oshi..Does that even exist?..I'm 21 now and I'm yet to see a couple that lives happily...Even the ones that act all cozy and warmy outside are lying and pretending!..My house(it's not a home for me) is a living hell,I was born into it and until this moment,nothing has changed..Same goes for all the families I've ever come across..Do not be decieved,marry only when you've learnt taekwando like my mum and boxing like my dad..That is all there is to marriage,nothing more!
undecided lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by labiola: 8:25am On Jan 05, 2016
Nice topic, it is good to share good news atimes to encourage someone. Marriage is good if one gets it right. For me, my Marriage has been good and interesting. My wife is one of the few the Bible refers to as virtuous woman. We married seven years ago and I must confess am luck to have such a beautiful woman as a wife not only that my wife is good , I have a wonderful in laws too. I will share 2 major areas where marriage used to have issues.

1. Financial issue: When I got married to my wife her salary was more than my own, but my wife give me 100% access to her money, she has never challenged my decision when come to spending, though as an Accountant am more conservative than her. After she delivered our first born (twins), she resigned her job to join the family in Lagos, because she was working outside Lagos and we only depend on my salary that was less than N80,000 then. There was a time she needed N5,000 and I told her we don't have money, in actual fact we had money but was budgeted for something else, so she insisted that I must give her the money, I was angry because I expect her to understand our cash flow, so I went to work upset, when I returned from work she served me my food after eaten. she showed my an alert of N90,000 paid into her account from her former employer being outstanding allowance they owned her , something told me that if she were to be another person, she will keep the money and spend it without my consent and I will not no. During this period e she was not working we only depending on my small salary. From that day, I made a decision never to hid anything be it my salary, allowance, gift , returns on investment from her. In fact , I operate full disclosure policy .
2. Infidelity : This is an area that kills so many marriages . I made a decision before my marriage that I will never cheat on my wife, I went ahead to place a curse on myself and to the glory of God , I have been faithful with that decision. My wife too has been faithful to our marriage oath. She has to resign her employment because someone was demanding for sex and because she works in hospital environment where she has to do night duty with the same man that was demanding for sex, she resigned.

In the last 7 yrs of our wedding, God has been good to us , because we keep our part of the marriage oath. I thank God for his goodness and mercy. That is my own story.

13 Likes

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 05, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

Ahha.
I knew there are people like you that would support me. They never said they don't have problems in their marriages, they only learnt to pull through it.

I was only being sarcastic with my previous post. Don't merry yet grin

N I can never rush to support you... Sending out my own opinion... So don't see yaself as a celeb. Am never a ladies man. Relax n don't quote me back pls.. Its dangerous to my health a lady quoting me

I gat no biz with fucking end time ladies...
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by queenfav(f): 8:35am On Jan 05, 2016
dmcdad:
#Respect.
thanks bro
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by oforij(m): 8:41am On Jan 05, 2016
bellong:
Some of the problems confronting marriages these days are lack of tolerance, insincerity, pride and destructive ego.

Laying a solid foundation right from pre-meeting your spouse to courtship and the marriage proper will go a long way to building a vibrant union.
good enough
for now, i'm a student and single, but i have read marriage books,audio tapes and i make friends with married people, so i can learn the good parts...i also believe in personal development and self discipline. Possess the characters you'd want to see as a married man/woman while in your bachelor/spinster period and most of all, be God fearing.
#MyOpinion

2 Likes

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 05, 2016
Alanjeffy:

N I can never rush to support you... Sending out my own opinion... So don't see yaself as a celeb. Am never a ladies man. Relax n don't quote me back pls.. Its dangerous to my health a lady quoting me

I gat no biz with fucking end time ladies...
lols.
'but you can quote ladies. Hehehehe... I understand how you feel dear...hahahahahhahahahaha.

2 Likes

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 05, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

lols.
'but you can quote ladies. Hehehehe... I understand how you feel dear...hahahahahhahahahaha.

Iranu abacha
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by dmcdad: 8:47am On Jan 05, 2016
You welcome.
queenfav:
thanks bro
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 05, 2016
Mindfulness:

Another reason why it is extremely important to be happy first 'cause if you're really really really happy, what people say won't matter to you much or maybe not even at all wink
yeap!

But at certain stage in life, one must SURLY feel that impact!

Your church, when renting an apartment, even the environment self.
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by DuchessLily(f): 8:48am On Jan 05, 2016
mummydirect:

is this your own marriage story they ask you to share? smmmmmhhhh

My dear I did not share any marriage story ooo... I only read OP's post and commented on a part of what the OP talked abt in the post.

I guess u didn't read d post. It's only d topic u read undecided

Stop shaking ur head so it won't fall off ur neck grin tongue
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by Zuriela: 9:05am On Jan 05, 2016
Lordnewton1:
yimuing at you

Keep @ it grin
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 05, 2016
Joel3:
how about living togather as boyfriend and girlfriend and then grow old and die? will a life not be completer or fulfilled? is it a must to tied the nut? you see when the registrar is been signed and the whole thing becomes legal biding in both religious or traditional acceptances of marriage in mate I think that is when a lot of things goes wrong.

don't give me the bullshiit that its for better for worst. many innocent victim are been blind folded into signing this shitt. and they will tell him or her to remain in it forever. I am an advocate for this shit to be destroyed. I know in 22nd century this thing called marriage institution will be destroyed
. many d I single hide their true self and wait patiently for the scam called marriage to be signed first. definitely not me except ofcource I have my own interests 200% otherwise no deal

cc: lalasticlala, seun. Sorry to ask this o, did you parent marry? Becos this is how children from broken home think. Yeah marriage is not by force but it is ordained by God.

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by Pidggin(f): 9:08am On Jan 05, 2016
Marriage is too complicated to make anyone constantly happy. Only you can make yourself happy constantly, it is a decision.

6 Likes

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by 2goodbobo(m): 9:20am On Jan 05, 2016
ivyT:

Aww.this is so lovely

i tap into ur marriage success.Amen

You shall have yours like mine or even better wink. tnx a lot

1 Like

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 05, 2016
sonofananimal:
yeap!

But at certain stage in life, one must SURLY feel that impact!

Your church, when renting an apartment, even the environment self.

Well, there will be people who will try to have an impact but you decide how it affects you.
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 05, 2016
Pidggin:
Marriage is too complicated to make anyone constantly happy. Only you can make yourself happy constantly, it is a decision.

Marriage is beautiful if you are a happy person. wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by confun: 9:46am On Jan 05, 2016
sonofananimal:
sister! This is just the starting,

Just let it reach 10 years and that love will fly like a bird.

And this time, commitment, perseverance and tolerance will take place, that's when you will feel the full taste of marriage, but many people fail this stage!

I mean it!
brother, no it won't......
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by modath(f): 9:54am On Jan 05, 2016
Freiden:
All I read here is, I av bn married for 5yrs/less. Abeg make una talk about marriage when your marriages are 12yrs/older. The 1st 5yrs of married na bed of roses...after 10yrs, the problems that love had bn quenching grows stronger.... By then na God go matter pass, love won't b enough.

I agree & disagree with you at the same time.

I agree cos all these date for 6 months, married for 2yrs , who haven't really experienced much together can't be expert..

I disagree because I'm married 10+ yrs, gone through some highs & lows together, still annoy each other almost on a daily basis but we agreed from day 1 that we were committed to making it work & always remember the marriage is between the two of Us first & children & material things came after.

What you don't make a problem from day 1 can't be a problem in year 12! My 2k.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What's That Most Annoying Thing A Visitor Has Ever Done In Your House? / Mexican Mum Horrified, Spotting Ghostly Figure Pushing Daughter Down Slide(Pix) / Lesbianism: Nigerian Family Disowns Daughter In Italy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.