Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate (22872 Views)

5 Career Path You Can Easily Gain Valuable Experience From Home / Possible Career Path For A Psychology Graduate. / Possible Career Path For A Banking And Finance Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by daxon001(m): 7:22pm On Jan 05, 2016
can't they fit In computer village wer dey repair phones

just joking o. but I think they can fit In wer phones are manufactured and In electrical, electronic and mechanical industries in general

1 Like

Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by Dohyn3(f): 7:24pm On Jan 05, 2016
ladyF:
Some of the greatest inventors were from Physics backgrounds. That would definitely be the best for a Physics graduate. Invention/Innovation is the surest way out.

Guess who is here again grin grin grin
It's LadyF baebeee grin grin
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by daxon001(m): 7:25pm On Jan 05, 2016
PiperAlpha:
Petrophysicist
lol. which uni dey do dat 1?
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by oselixir(m): 7:26pm On Jan 05, 2016
Hmm, nice Thread for Physicists

I am happy I am a physicist, no better Career for those who believe in the power of the brain. Talk of any Scientist well know in History.

Brother the truth is in Africa not just Nigeria pure scientists are not appreciated they way they should have, like in advanced countries.

Africa like to import science and think our engineers can work with scientific discovery from western world.

Anyways the story don da too long.

Like I said Physics for those who believes in the power of the brain, we are dynamic.

You can go into ICT, like myself we are well appreciated there cos we are well brewed in logic and formulas.

You can also work in Manufacturing, technical companies.

You are opened to lots of Career paths when you go for your masters, in lots of areas:

Nuclear or Atomic Physics -- Nuclear agency of Nigeria
Astrophysics -- Space research agency of Nigeria
Any Engineering related field-- Engineering jobs

Nimet-- Nigeria Meteorological Agency

Lecturing, mhen Career path is so wide just either do your masters or do a professional course, the sky is your spring board bro.

You have to be ready, we use our brains

Bless

2 Likes

Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by ladyF(f): 7:29pm On Jan 05, 2016
Dohyn3:

It's LadyF baebeee grin grin
Lol grin
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by daxon001(m): 7:31pm On Jan 05, 2016
tartar9:
wow! physics graduates are hot cakes in Nigeria.there are numerous career paths awaiting them such as;
1.secondary school physics teacher
2.secondary school physics teacher
3.secondary school physics teacher
4.secondary school physics teacher
5.secondary school physics teacher
6.secondary school physics teacher
let's not forget-they can easily diversify to teach intro-tech,basic science,maths... etc.they can even teach indegenious languages like yoruba,hausa,edo,igbo... depending on their tribe.
you drink mad man urine ba
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by mayor4christ(m): 7:59pm On Jan 05, 2016
Physics is the backbone of technology

2 Likes

Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by skuribeebo: 8:01pm On Jan 05, 2016
Fireson:
Physical combat!! angry
mortal combat

1 Like

Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by Fireson: 8:09pm On Jan 05, 2016
skuribeebo:
mortal combat

cheesy you know the drill...

1 Like

Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 05, 2016
mayor4christ:
Physics is the backbone of technology
i agree with u

1 Like

Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 05, 2016
daxon001:

lol. which uni dey do dat 1?
Pursue your degree in physics. Afterwards, you can apply to work with a service company or an operator as a trainee Petrophysicist. You can also work as a mud logger or wireline engineer. Your physics degree will suffice. To give you a head start in Petrophysics, you can download Crains Petrophysical handbook.
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by macphilip: 8:39pm On Jan 05, 2016
durentdbiitch:
pls if u agree physicists are not appreciated in nigeria, i refuse to accept mathematicians are nt appreciated. Speak for urself
You may be successful being a graduate of Mathematics. Am also doing good as a Physics graduate, but I have a great number of Maths and Physics colleagues till now, are still struggling compared to a relatively successful bulk of Computer and Elect/Elect Graduates.
Scientists are not well appreciated in Nigeria compared to the Engineers,
believe that Sir!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 05, 2016
daimlerbenz:
Advice? Pick up a Masters form, that is if you want to really follow the career
GBAM. You nailed it bro
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by alcuin(m): 8:59pm On Jan 05, 2016
xprimate:
Nuclear Physics(you can work with nuclear regulatory agency in Nigeria.).a Physicist can apply for any engineering job, highly in demand in RAD departments.

Illusions
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 05, 2016
realGURU:
unimaid? Are u graduate and what year?
2014/2015 graduate
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by salvo583: 9:05pm On Jan 05, 2016
U being a graduate esp a physics graduate, u can fit into any sector. But i will see IT, GIS(Which entails Remote sensing,Photogrammetry and DBMS), Geophysicists for Oil/Telecoms and Surveying and Geoinfomatics for Mapping are your best bet because they work on the basic prinicples of physics.
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by MistarT(m): 9:24pm On Jan 05, 2016
Lecturing- try go get Msc, any viable industry.
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 05, 2016
I'm a graduate of Physics like you
I have been practicing engineering for over 6 year as
Instrumentation engineer in one of the leading multinational manufacturing company in Nigeria.
I also have some of my colleagues in NNPC and other oil and gas company as Automation engineer, electrical engineer and so on.

Now you know, sky is your limit.
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 05, 2016
macphilip:

You may be successful being a graduate of Mathematics. Am also doing good as a Physics graduate, but I have a great number of Maths and Physics colleagues till now, are still struggling compared to a relatively successful bulk of Computer and Elect/Elect Graduates.
Scientists are not well appreciated in Nigeria compared to the Engineers,
believe that Sir!
those maths nd physics graduate u knw dat are struggling definitely didn't graduate with a good grade.
Dis country appreciates math nd phy graduates than u think.
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by wallbuilder(m): 10:39pm On Jan 05, 2016
While in school studying engineering physics, I had the same concern. But after graduation I got three jobs: aviation , banking, and oil and gas.I have been with oil and gas as telecom/ network engineer since then.
So don't worry, your future is bright my guy.

3 Likes

Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by daimlerbenz: 11:34pm On Jan 05, 2016
You are so white that you are outshining the sun. O.P says he wants a career path for physics graduate. I commented with a caveat. If you are so white, please tell me in this Nigerian system how a physicist will "in your opinion " continue that career path and work for himself.

I am waiting ooo
WarRLaY:
but seriously, why do you guys love wasting money on edu, just to work 4 people... Blackman thinking tho
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by daimlerbenz: 11:44pm On Jan 05, 2016
As non egg headed as you are, you can't spell physics properly. At least your Android auto correct should help out. Only in your myopic mind is physics for egg heads. Anyways, words are free. How many countries all over the world have you been to to be able to conclude that "physics no dey sell"? Na Nigeria spoil things. You, talk to physics graduate anyhow. Kai. Ifeme ooo
shala01:

o boy thats is the truth naaa. U will be lucky sef to get a good school that will pay u up to 30k. Mk e no pain u, physice no dey sell. Not only in nigeria but all over the world. Physic is for egg heads when are more interested in research (academy). If u studied physic in school and u are not a genus, look for a school that will accept u for masters in machenical. That will brighten u chance of getting a good job unless u are connected

2 Likes

Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by agoadiv(m): 11:54pm On Jan 05, 2016
olufemimajek:
Hmmm... i was once a physics Student.... I eventually ran away... lol
heheh3heheheheheh how come??cheesy Godddd
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by a2space(m): 12:56am On Jan 06, 2016
ladyF:
Some of the greatest inventors were from Physics backgrounds. That would definitely be the best for a Physics graduate. Invention/Innovation is the surest way out.

Guess who is here again grin grin grin

Is that ladyfaith?
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by Nobody: 5:50am On Jan 06, 2016
daimlerbenz:
As non egg headed as you are, you can't spell physics properly. At least your Android auto correct should help out. Only in your myopic mind is physics for egg heads. Anyways, words are free. How many countries all over the world have you been to to be able to conclude that "physics no dey sell"? Na Nigeria spoil things. You, talk to physics graduate anyhow. Kai. Ifeme ooo
Where is this idiot from? As a physic graduate what job are u doing currently? Carry ur frustration go meet JAMB because definitely u studied physics out of frustration. I am sure u filled Elect only to given physics because u could not meet the cut off. ode, can u tell where " physics dey sell" for the world now apart from those outdated reach facilities no body is taking seriously . Na foolishness go kill u. I mentioned physics more than once yet ur dull brain could only notice the typo. spending 8/9 years for a 4 years program and managing to graduate with second class lower or even third class is enough to let u know u missed it. Go look for sometime to do. Go learn one of those CAD applications maybe then u can get a meaningful employment otherwise u go old where u dey teach F. math
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 06, 2016
Want to know where physics dey sell? Go to d united states, go to china
shala01:

Where is this idiot from? As a physic graduate what job are u doing currently? Carry ur frustration go meet JAMB because definitely u studied physics out of frustration. I am sure u filled Elect only to given physics because u could not meet the cut off. ode, can u tell where " physics dey sell" for the world now apart from those outdated reach facilities no body is taking seriously . Na foolishness go kill u. I mentioned physics more than once yet ur dull brain could only notice the typo. spending 8/9 years for a 4 years program and managing to graduate with second class lower or even third class is enough to let u know u missed it. Go look for sometime to do. Go learn one of those CAD applications maybe then u can get a meaningful employment otherwise u go old where u dey teach F. math
u are very ignorant, chai

1 Like

Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 06, 2016
SaintHephzibah:
GBAM. You nailed it bro
oga grin
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by smartsammie(m): 7:52am On Jan 06, 2016
anochuko01:
Google naa haba! angry

but truth be told, pure science in Nigeria is like a waste of time o. most of them end up in academics. the country isn't yet developed to the extent where people like you are appreciated.

What else can I say?? God bless you!!!!
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 06, 2016
Durentt:
Want to know where physics dey sell? Go to d united states, go to china u are very ignorant, chai
Lolz. alright u can relocate. If u guy are not ignorant, u will not be asking about a career part.
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 06, 2016
Durentt:
oga grin
boss i could see you're enjoying. Flex on niggur
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 06, 2016
SaintHephzibah:
boss i could see you're enjoying. Flex on niggur
grin
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by Jidibia(m): 9:11am On Jan 06, 2016
durentdbiitch:
Wow. Physics graduates are hot cakes in nigeria just like their brother mathematics.

Lalasticlala
Richiez

Fp please
My brother, mathematics graduates are not hot cake in Naija at all. A lot are roaming the streets for better job. Most of them are secondary school teachers, private schools teachers for that matter and are being paid peanuts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign? / Minimum Wage: Dockworkers’ Wages Rise To N150, 000 / Ebun Okubanjo, Bento Africa's Founder Accused Of Work Place Bullying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.