Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate (22904 Views)

5 Career Path You Can Easily Gain Valuable Experience From Home / Possible Career Path For A Psychology Graduate. / Possible Career Path For A Banking And Finance Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by Nobody: 4:47am On Jan 13, 2017
Can someone who graduated from physics education in a Nigeria university with a B. Ed certificate take up a job as a geophysicist or other physics job not in the education system.
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by darkhorizon: 11:02am On Oct 16, 2019
bampet:
I'm a graduate of Physics like you
I have been practicing engineering for over 6 year as
Instrumentation engineer in one of the leading multinational manufacturing company in Nigeria.
I also have some of my colleagues in NNPC and other oil and gas company as Automation engineer, electrical engineer and so on.

Now you know, sky is your limit.

Did you do further training/certification after BSc to land you the job?
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by darkhorizon: 11:05am On Oct 16, 2019
wallbuilder:
While in school studying engineering physics, I had the same concern. But after graduation I got three jobs: aviation , banking, and oil and gas.I have been with oil and gas as telecom/ network engineer since then.
So don't worry, your future is bright my guy.
Wow, did you do further certification after your BSc or was the offer just straight up BSc?
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by BlackSheep10: 9:55am On Jun 30, 2020
Pebcak:
grin grin

I am a proud physics grad Bsc Engr Physics & MSc Physics

You can go down the academic line if you are ready to put up with the frustration you ll get from profs, but if your GP is good write Toefl and start looking at schools in the US or Canada for ur grad program where you can get funding to earn your degree

You can actually look into IT (which is a field i'm in and I am happy with it) find what interest you programming, DB admin, Networking, security, system admin....

you can go into core engineering but you ll need a graduate degree in that field

there is no limit just find what you like to do and channel your energy and resources towards it and you ll live your life happy

Good Morning sir, I intend to go into physics electronic option for my HNd and later in IT/ TElECOMS , would be glad if you can talk me through some stuffs and also considering the Nigeria economy and job market. thank you
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by BlackSheep10: 9:58am On Jun 30, 2020
maltina:
i am a graduate of physics and am a radio frequency engineer with one of the telecoms vendor.... there are huge opportunities for a physicist in telecom

Good Morning sir, I intend to go into physics electronic option for my HNd and later in IT/ TElECOMS , would be glad if you can talk me through some stuffs and also considering the Nigeria economy and job market. thank you
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by Pebcak: 7:58pm On Jun 30, 2020
BlackSheep10:

Sure
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by BlackSheep10: 8:44pm On Jun 30, 2020
Pebcak:
Sure
Thank you sir, can I have any of your contact details if you don't mind?
Re: Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate by Debangis20(m): 5:17pm On Jul 07, 2022
...or welding workshop...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Much Was Your Very First Salary As A Graduate Or Non Graduate? / First Ever Nigerian Police Women Inauguration In 1956 (Throwback Video) / Ebun Okubanjo, Bento Africa's Founder Accused Of Work Place Bullying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.