Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,662 members, 7,851,257 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:56 PM

Five American Things That Would SHOCK Non-americans - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Five American Things That Would SHOCK Non-americans (1484 Views)

See 10 Cool Ways To Last Longer In Bed; The 8th Would Shock You. / What This Lady Was Caught Doing In A Night Club Would Shock You! (Photos) / The Way British, Americans And Nigerians Woo A Girl (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five American Things That Would SHOCK Non-americans by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 05, 2016
Interesting video on what people around the world find weird about American culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrRmmkfYu9U
Re: Five American Things That Would SHOCK Non-americans by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 05, 2016
The one that stands out like a sore thumb is the insanely long presidential campaign season. The current candidates for president have been on the stump since May 2015 - 10 months before the first nominating contest in Iowa!
Re: Five American Things That Would SHOCK Non-americans by texanomaly(f): 10:10pm On Jan 05, 2016
I don't expect people in other countries to speak English, unless it's an English speaking country. undecided
Re: Five American Things That Would SHOCK Non-americans by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 05, 2016
texanomaly:
I don't expect people in other countries to speak English, unless it's an English speaking country. undecided
you gerrit
Re: Five American Things That Would SHOCK Non-americans by Nobody: 1:34am On Jan 10, 2016
texanomaly:
Shockingly the world is becoming more globalized and the need for English can not be overemphasized. For the time i studied in Europe, i never felt any difference in languages especially among the younger populace, they all spoke excellent English.

2 Likes

Re: Five American Things That Would SHOCK Non-americans by Nobody: 6:28am On Jan 10, 2016
SimonPeters2020:
Shockingly the world is becoming more globalized and the need for English can not be overemphasized. For the time i studied in Europe, i never felt any difference in languages especially among the younger populace, they all spoke excellent English.
Knowledge of English is important when conducting international commerce.
Re: Five American Things That Would SHOCK Non-americans by Nobody: 12:31am On Jan 21, 2016
Most visitors to the US are still bemused by the 'tipping' culture. The 'recommended' minimum tip by restaurants and pizza delivery drivers is 15% of purchase price.

1 Like

Re: Five American Things That Would SHOCK Non-americans by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 16, 2016
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think About Long Distance Relationship? / Men Could Be Rude And Mean To Each Other Yet They Got Each Other Back / See What This Lady Did To Her Boyfriend's Car After He Cheated On Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.