Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) (72461 Views)

Yemi Osinbajo Visits Abuja Market (Photos) / Lagos Demolishes 84 Gated Streets / Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by izikjon(m): 5:08pm On Jan 06, 2016
Ijaya123:
We Nigerians are very difficult people to manage. Give them 10 years notice, they will still claim it is not enough.

6 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by DiademSh07: 5:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
Sanitation is necessary joor!

5 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by daniska3yaro(m): 5:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
Hmm
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by drnelson: 5:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
[size=38pt]The LAGOOOOON[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by wristbangle: 5:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
I feel pity for the shop owners

2 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
Really Serious

Jumia 80% discount on shipping.
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by iamsegsy(m): 5:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
but where would dey go??
a provision ought to av been made for dem b4 this act another trait of a #DictatorLedGoverment
unstableaswater:
Very welcomed development, Ambode is working.
He must demolish all the other markets, he must not stop until the last market is demolished.
If Ambode ever stop demolishing markets, then they will bury him in the market that day.
We have told them to set up business in the East and leave Lagos.
Ambode make all of them return home. U HAVE MY SUPPORT, DEMOLISH ALL THE MARKETS.
Wat is dis one saying?? is it only the easterners that trade in those markets.
another way of causing unemployment, and I guess you know the implication.

5 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by marlockj: 5:11pm On Jan 06, 2016
ELTON123:
APC change

Una go enjoy the change make una no cry cheesygringrin

I support d demolition!!

This traders r fooolish Ppl, they will be given 2 to 3mnths notice, Bt dey will not hear only to start packing wen they see dulldozer.

This is good for them

8 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by itstpia8: 5:12pm On Jan 06, 2016
RichDad1:
Flat tires

where?
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by hardychris(m): 5:13pm On Jan 06, 2016
Even if they are given 10 years notice, its still not enough reason to demolish peoples shop in this hard time all in the name of development.

In Algeria their Government built new houses for the poor leaving in shanty area because they believe they deserve a good life, here in Nigeria your shop will be demolished and someone will say they gave them notice as if to pay for a new house is easy,

We all want development but you don't have to kill the people you are developing the city for before you develop the place. Set up a place for them first if you have the interest of the people in mind.

God will help them all.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by itstpia8: 5:13pm On Jan 06, 2016
topic

when/where the shops built, because wasnt Oshodi cleared and rearranged some years ago.

secondly, why were the photos taken by someone with the name Osodi?
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by funmijoyb(f): 5:14pm On Jan 06, 2016
maginalized people dat doesnt want lagos to develop will be put to shame.
Eko o ni baje o.

14 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by Toks2008(m): 5:15pm On Jan 06, 2016
DuchessLily:
Eyaahh!! Painful

That's very bad if they were not informed and given enough time to find another alternative place and move out

You wil be surprised if you know since when they have been given notice..Just that the condition of teh economy is too hard for them to get another place as fast as they would.

GOD HELP ME AS A POLITICIAN because me i can't just imagine seeing people cry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by missyadorable(f): 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
That is very good!

Igbos should go back to the East and set up their businesses and leave Lagos alone after all,its in zoo nation

Expecting more demolition.

Biafra people

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by itstpia8: 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
Adeevah:

I am Brainless
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by abbey621(m): 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
Stupid traders, dem no dey hear word! They were given ample time and opportunities to vacate yet they were busy shouting Lagos na no man's land! I even overheard one of my dad's tenant saying dem no born Ambode well to tear down his shop, he kept insisting that Fashola tried it but failed not to talk of Ambode. I wish I can see the look on his stupid face now.....Ewu!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by mazzi: 5:17pm On Jan 06, 2016
This is not as big as biafran war! We survived biafran war so we will survive this!

2 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 06, 2016
Nice one .. Get rid of the old bring in the new ..
Cant wait to see the new oshodi grin

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 06, 2016
Toks2008:

You wil be surprised if you know since when they have been given notice..Just that the condition of teh economy is too hard for them to get another place as fast as they would.

GOD HELP ME AS A POLITICIAN because me i can't just imagine seein.
i tell you
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by Afritop(m): 5:18pm On Jan 06, 2016
AMBODE INDEED MEANT AMBOO O TO LAGOSIANS. SO EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED IN HIS TENURE
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by Trapnews: 5:19pm On Jan 06, 2016
undecided
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by Zaen: 5:19pm On Jan 06, 2016
DuchessLily:
Eyaahh!! Painful

That's very bad if they were not informed and given enough time to find another alternative place and move out
well I doubt if they were not informed. the market leaders probably didn't do their jobs well enough.

2 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by iamsegsy(m): 5:20pm On Jan 06, 2016
Adeevah:

#Biafransmustgo
I pray that wen they go you'll not wish for them to come back............

5 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by tivta(m): 5:21pm On Jan 06, 2016
Hmmm, hope they are not thinking of going to alaba international? Cause if so...
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by omonnakoda: 5:22pm On Jan 06, 2016
Tapout:
omo see sanitation embarassed
And Sanity!!!

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by CaroLyner(f): 5:22pm On Jan 06, 2016
Adeevah:

#Biafransmustgo

this one you're just attacking everybody

2 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by Realdeals(m): 5:23pm On Jan 06, 2016
Sensational headline, was the demolition sudden

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by omonnakoda: 5:23pm On Jan 06, 2016
iamsegsy:
but where would dey go??
a provision ought to av been made for dem b4 this act another trait of a #DictatorLedGoverment Wat is dis one saying?? is it only the easterners that trade in those markets.
another way of causing unemployment, and I guess you know the implication.
I think Onitsha Market is there it i the largest in the Milky Way and can accommodate them

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Simon Ekpa Shares Shirtless Photo Of Himself, Warns Critics / President Buhari Visits Kuje Prisons / Emir Of Ibi Gave Melaye Fish At His Palace (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.