Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) (72460 Views)

Yemi Osinbajo Visits Abuja Market (Photos) / Lagos Demolishes 84 Gated Streets / Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by Angrymode: 11:18pm On Jan 06, 2016
[b][/b]All the comments so far are only exposing the reality of serious hatred among the various tribes in Nigeria. Nigeria is a timebomb very close to detonation. BE PREPARED!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by tinktanker: 11:18pm On Jan 06, 2016
Toosure70:
Let them find better shop in the lagoon. No rent involve
may ur generation perish b4 dey attain puberty.
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by fadjnr(m): 11:25pm On Jan 06, 2016
OgbeifunErom:
This is excellent development

Lagos needs urban regeneration and re-planning.

Look at the state of the place- dirty, filthy and chaotic.

All IPOB youths that dont like it should kindly relocate to IPOB land- Simples!!

IPOB Youths were given notice about 9 months ago, another reminder 2 months ago but they willfully ignored the notice. Lagos is not a lawless state.

Eko O NI Baje ooooooooo

Good bless you. You shall live long. People keep saying what the government did was bad. Little did they know that these people were given notice and they refused to comply.

3 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by omonnakoda: 11:25pm On Jan 06, 2016
Angrymode:
[b][/b]All the comments so far are only exposing the reality of serious hatred among the various tribes in Nigeria. Nigeria is a timebomb very close to detonation. BE PREPARED!!!!!
in is the same in every country . Whether in Rwanda or Nazi Germany or the USA the main guarantor of peace is prosperity. When resources are limited there will be conflict.

The resources in Lagos are very limited and Nigerians need to stop trooping down there or there will be a blood bath worse than anything Africa has seen Imagine the land in Nigeria and everyone must go to Lagos

4 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by SIRJENTLE: 11:28pm On Jan 06, 2016
it is time for we Igbos to understand that investing in our land is the best.YOUR BROTHERS (house of assembly) members would be there when maters concerning u would be discussed in your home land, But at EKO none of your brothers or sisters is in the house of assembly. so who is going to think of u or remember that u exist when some decisions are made.
TWICE BEATEN THEY SAY SHINES THE EYE.
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by omonnakoda: 11:32pm On Jan 06, 2016
dontjealousme:

Allow? Why don't YOU allow Boko Haram to go peacefully why did Ihejirika as COAS fight them so harshly?

Did you vote for for senators and governors? Ask THEM To do what is necessary NO one is holding Eboes more than Eboes are holding Boko Haram? You do not break away on the internet Why has Stella Oduah not moved a motion to that effect or Ekweremadu? If they don't wait till 2019 and vote in Nnnamdi kanu

4 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by dontjealousme: 11:34pm On Jan 06, 2016
omonnakoda:

Allow? Why don't YOU allow Boko Haram to go peacefully why did Ihejirika as COAS fight them so harshly?

Did you vote for for senators and governors? Ask THEM To do what is necessary NO one is holding Eboes more than Eboes are holding Boko Haram? You do not break away on the internet Why has Stella Oduah not moved a motion to that effect or Ekweremadu? If they don't wait till 2019 and vote in Nnnamdi kanu

U never serious, keep playing, i dey come.

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by Olushauneddy(m): 11:37pm On Jan 06, 2016
Na wa Ooooo! Where person go dey buy this our free-to-air cable decoder and dstv dongle...Aaaaaaah ! Abuchi my friend Ooooo!
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by luckydube007: 12:00am On Jan 07, 2016
This reminded me the year 2008, in yaba market... it was not funny at all.
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by Phobia1: 12:06am On Jan 07, 2016
xtrorp:
“Karma comes after everyone eventually. You can't get away with screwing people over your whole life, I don't care who you are. What goes around comes around. That's how it works. Sooner or later the universe will serve you the revenge that you deserve.” - Jessica Brody

In Lagos under 'One Nigeria' there seem to exist a silent economic war of destruction of livelihood, burning of markets in the middle of the night, extortion and harassment of genuine businesses by official area boys and street urchins, illegal/multiple taxing of business owners, in markets where Igbos operate e.g. Tejuoso, Alaba International and Ladipo. And now Oshodi electrical & electronic market.

Many of these attracious deeds are conducted at odd times when the traders won't be available to resist the dastardly acts.

Over the decades in the South-West, the Yorubas have systematically burnt Igbo shops as a guise to hijacking the markets from Igbos.

https://www.nairaland.com/2618835/hoodlums-shut-down-alaba-international

Prior to the 2015 general elections, amidst the threat by the lagoon crooner to drown Igbos, 18 Chisco transport buses were criminally burnt down in Lagos and up till date nothing was done to bring the culprits to book.

What does 'One Nigeria' mean?
A deceit where you are empowered to share my crude oil and wealth as 'One Nigeria' while I am considered a migrant to your State whom you're just merely accommodating and may perish in the lagoon at your command.

It is a chaotic situation where the Oba of a place would invite the representative of a people for discussion in his palace as regards a market leadership dispute only to set an ambush for him and unleash hundreds of thugs to flog and disgrace him.

It is an unjust situation where you're licensed to use foul means to destroy my business in your State with outrageous taxes. You can close my business premises at will while your elites continue to shout 'One Nigeria' to cover up the evils and injustices prevalent in the land. And you still expect me to be docile and continue to suffer silently as your hate and envy for my progress soar high.

Now, do you have any case for unity - fake or imaginary?

If you have there would be no need fooling and playing to the gallery and shouting 'One Nigeria'. Or have you ever heard 'One Great Britain', 'One United States of America', 'One Germany'?
That shows that something is fundamentally wrong which many have been shying away from.

Is it a crime for any person/group to choose to opt out of a relationship?

Strange bedfellows, with irreconcilable value systems that are at best suitable for the individual selves, are not meant to be together! The 102 years of existence attest to that verdict!

Victor Hugo once said "no army can stop an idea whose time has come" and that "one can resist the invasion of armies but not the invasion of ideas". 
Somtin more dan dis was writin by u pple wen fashola deported som just to gain politically buh stil una fail wholefully. thank God i didnt waste my time to read dis sh/t. u pple shud knw by now dat wateva junks u write and spread doesnt hold water nd doesnt stop govt from doin wat dey wanna do. Even ur SE govz knws deep down dat wud also do dsame thing if opportuned. and dats y dey jst make few noises nd later forego d issue. buh u "bloody civillians" will neva learn. I for dose sayin dey donot think dey wil stil stay back in lagos can come down to ekiti. afteral dats whr dia role model rules nd he wil not demolish dia shop(s). Even fayose demolished d main market in Ado-Ekiti for months now nd d place is just there like "street soccer" field now. Abegi make una #LeaveTrashForLawma jor

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 07, 2016
NakedEve:

Ur wrongl.
If they all go home then they will become richer.
They will now HV more man power to produce more things n will export them to foreign lands.
Your hate will eventually turn more Igbos into super billionaires.
Don't u know it is exactly what happened during boko haram menace?
They went back home from the North n had more man power n now they r producing even cars n rice.
What u shd be thinking of now is how to keep them from going back home so that they will not become an economic giant n over ride us all.

U know they r capable of overshadowing us all.
We must retain them in our lands at all costs to prevent such from happening.

Of all the stupid and empty posts from brainless cretins that swamps nairaland daily, yours is exceptionally extraordinary.
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by omonnakoda: 12:29am On Jan 07, 2016
NakedEve:

Ur wrongl.
If they all go home then they will become richer.
They will now HV more man power to produce more things n will export them to foreign lands.
Your hate will eventually turn more Igbos into super billionaires.
Don't u know it is exactly what happened during boko haram menace?
They went back home from the North n had more man power n now they r producing even cars n rice.
What u shd be thinking of now is how to keep them from going back home so that they will not become an economic giant n over ride us all.

U know they r capable of overshadowing us all.
We must retain them in our lands at all costs to prevent such from happening.

There should be an Olympics for dullards

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by Akainzo(m): 1:21am On Jan 07, 2016
IyaIode:
The railway market at yaba should be next followed by ladipo market.

If the traders were not given notice of demolision, they should sue the state government

When (and IF) they sue the government, what precisely will be the basis? That they have a C of O for the place, or that the place is a designated market in the Town Planning code or that they would say that is the area they have colonised since?

One must have a CLAIM to a land before he/she can sue a govt, and that claim must be backed by a document issued by the govt. So my guy, there is no case to take to court!

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by ojialo(m): 1:35am On Jan 07, 2016
unstableaswater:
Very welcomed development, Ambode is working.

He must demolish all the other markets, he must not stop until the last market is demolished.

If Ambode ever stop demolishing markets, then they will bury him in the market that day.

We have told them to set up business in the East and leave Lagos.

Ambode make all of them return home. U HAVE MY SUPPORT, DEMOLISH ALL THE MARKETS.

shame and who will lose? do you think they don't pay taxes is the tax not going to Lagos state government?
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by baba11(m): 1:35am On Jan 07, 2016
i planned going there yesterday to buy some electronic components....to be candid,these people shot their self in the foot during the last elections...i knew this would happen#SOB

tongue tongue tongue cry cry cry shocked shocked shocked cool
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by Toosure70: 1:47am On Jan 07, 2016
tinktanker:
may ur generation perish b4 dey attain puberty.
May God forgive you but back to sender sha

2 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by omenka(m): 2:28am On Jan 07, 2016
DuchessLily:
Eyaahh!! Painful

That's very bad if they were not informed and given enough time to find another alternative place and move out
Really painful indeed. Seeing those sneakers in the rubble gives a sense of how much loss some people would face in this event.

This isn't just right honestly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by omenka(m): 2:32am On Jan 07, 2016
ewigmee:
That's an odd time to demolish shops, knowing that many (especially igbos) will travel for Christmas.
The traders affected by this should sue the LASG to the Industrial Court. There could be a silver lining somewhere in all of this. Pictures should be taken of all the items seen under the rubble to buttress their claims of the losses they suffered.

This is highly inconsiderate and provocative.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by omenka(m): 2:38am On Jan 07, 2016
NwaNimo1:
Wickedness . . . .1000 armed robbers have just been created
That is part of my concern. This has the potential of turning some people into beasts. Some would lose everything that sustains their legitimate lifestyle in this incident.

I really feel for the traders honestly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by tunesoft(m): 2:51am On Jan 07, 2016
Good move...am so sure they must have given enough notice...no government wants to be scapegoat to d law this days...so all angles are covered and things done by the book..if theory didn't as it was claimed by some...they should go to court then...am sure with enough evidence..they can smile to the bank eventually. That been said, we that place really is a disgrace..am sure the beauty will be brought out d restructuring. Good one ambode
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by blaqoracle: 3:58am On Jan 07, 2016
ewigmee:
That's an odd time to demolish shops, knowing that many (especially igbos) will travel for Christmas.
shey una say Lagos na no man's land? The true owners of Lagos don come out.
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by blaqoracle: 4:00am On Jan 07, 2016
omenka:
That is part of my concern. This has the potential of turning some people into beasts. Some would lose everything that sustains their legitimate lifestyle in this incident.

I really feel for the traders honestly.
ten thousand bullets have been bought by security forces.
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by millionaireman: 4:02am On Jan 07, 2016
Demolishing one Nigeria inadvertently.
Tomorrow when these traders that lost their life investments go back to the east to push for secession from Nigeria, una go remind them how una defeated their fathers during the last civil war, tell them not to try secession gain. Mugus wasting time about one Nigeria.

Even God Himself cannot tempt and intimidatie people this far against secession.
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by peterbar: 7:11am On Jan 07, 2016
The government gave them about 2 weeks notice,i was in d market on d 17th if dec. Nd pple had started moving goods
honortee:
I don't believe d story that d Lagos state government did not give a notice of deadline for vacation from the market before the government embarked on this demolition. We should be reasonable in drawing conclusions. How will a Democratic government just wake up one day n just decides to sink d means of livelihood of d people that it's governing.
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by amerengues(m): 7:14am On Jan 07, 2016
This is obviously a sad one. For those who find delight in other people' misfortune, RIDE on. Though they might have been notified of the consequencies, but u will agree with me that if you have anyone in this misfortune as some close to u, u will feel for them.

Secondly, the issue of tribalism doesn't come in here. They must have been warned but what detest about this ugly saga is the millions of investment vandalized in the process of change.

Would u be happy if it were you? Coming back from home in a new year.

I understand that this "Change" must be at the expense of somethings. However, their Investment should have been save.

GODBLESSNAIJA
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by Lifestone(m): 7:34am On Jan 07, 2016
xtrorp:
“Karma comes after everyone eventually. You can't get away with screwing people over your whole life, I don't care who you are. What goes around comes around. That's how it works. Sooner or later the universe will serve you the revenge that you deserve.” - Jessica Brody

In Lagos under 'One Nigeria' there seem to exist a silent economic war of destruction of livelihood, burning of markets in the middle of the night, extortion and harassment of genuine businesses by official area boys and street urchins, illegal/multiple taxing of business owners, in markets where Igbos operate e.g. Tejuoso, Alaba International and Ladipo. And now Oshodi electrical & electronic market.

Many of these attracious deeds are conducted at odd times when the traders won't be available to resist the dastardly acts.

Over the decades in the South-West, the Yorubas have systematically burnt Igbo shops as a guise to hijacking the markets from Igbos.

Prior to the 2015 general elections, amidst the threat by the lagoon crooner to drown Igbos, 18 Chisco transport buses were criminally burnt down in Lagos and up till date nothing was done to bring the culprits to book.

A deceit where you are empowered to share my crude oil and wealth as 'One Nigeria' while I am considered a migrant to your State whom you're just merely accommodating and may perish in the lagoon at your command.

It is a chaotic situation where the Oba of a place would invite the representative of a people for discussion in his palace as regards a market leadership dispute only to set an ambush for him and unleash hundreds of thugs to flog and disgrace him.

It is an unjust situation where you're licensed to use foul means to destroy my business in your State with outrageous taxes. You can close my business premises at will while your elites continue to shout 'One Nigeria' to cover up the evils and injustices prevalent in the land. And you still expect me to be docile and continue to suffer silently as your hate and envy for my progress soar high.

If you have there would be no need fooling and playing to the gallery and shouting 'One Nigeria'. Or have you ever heard 'One Great Britain', 'One United States of America', 'One Germany'?
That shows that something is fundamentally wrong which many have been shying away from.

Strange bedfellows, with irreconcilable value systems that are at best suitable for the individual selves, are not meant to be together! The 102 years of existence attest to that verdict!

Victor Hugo once said "no army can stop an idea whose time has come" and that "one can resist the invasion of armies but not the invasion of ideas". 

Despite all the issues you've raised above, Igbo race has prospered more outside their Land than they do in igbo states. The point here should not be seen as targeting Igbo markets, it's about we Nigerians obeying lawful directive. its a confirmed fact that notices were issued. The smart thing to do here was to have approach a court of competent jurisdiction to protect your rights, since this wasn't done you expose yourself to damages as it is in this present case.
Stop playing the victim.
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by BABANGBALI: 8:10am On Jan 07, 2016
olac21:

Who scored for Nigeria+who scored d only goal for Biafra
na PMB score for Nigeria,while nnamdi kanu score their only goal through offside
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by djkirkoo2(m): 8:13am On Jan 07, 2016
unstableaswater:
Very welcomed development, Ambode is working.

He must demolish all the other markets, he must not stop until the last market is demolished.

If Ambode ever stop demolishing markets, then they will bury him in the market that day.

We have told them to set up business in the East and leave Lagos.

Ambode make all of them return home. U HAVE MY SUPPORT, DEMOLISH ALL THE MARKETS.

Later you will say Yorubas are not nepotist. Is this the kind of trash you are supposed to spew out of your mouth? I have said it before and I will keep saying it(the problems of Nigeria are the Yorubas)

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by BABANGBALI: 8:14am On Jan 07, 2016
we are gradually taking back what belongs to us. The jump into the lagoon slogan has just began grin tongue
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by BABANGBALI: 8:15am On Jan 07, 2016
djkirkoo2:
Later you will say Yorubas are not nepotist. Is this the kind of trash you are supposed to spew out of your mouth? I have said it before and I will keep saying it(the problems of Nigeria are the Yorubas)
yes we are. Are you happy now?
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by PastorAji(m): 8:17am On Jan 07, 2016
IT'S LIKE THAT ONITSHA WEED U SMOKE YESTERDAY WAS A FRESH ONE undecided
xtrorp:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Simon Ekpa Shares Shirtless Photo Of Himself, Warns Critics / President Buhari Visits Kuje Prisons / Emir Of Ibi Gave Melaye Fish At His Palace (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.