Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me (2283 Views)

I Am Bored, Sad And Slipping Into Depression / When A Man You Love Is Too Shy To Woo You, What Do You Do? / Am I Overthinking Or Maybe My Gf Is Slowly Slipping Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by yahoomessenger: 11:31pm On Jan 06, 2016
This is actually the first time that I will be creating a post on NL. But as the saying goes, a desperate situation requires a desperate measure.
I do not truly believe in love until I met Sophia. Fast forward 12 months; my love for her still grows by each passing day. I promised to marry her. She loves me like mad. But the problem is that her parents do not want her to marry outside her state, let alone my state.
We are the same tribe but her mum by some reason does not like people from my state and has told my Sophia that I may be a good man but that if she marries me she (the mum) will never be happy.
I was expecting that with time the woman will soften her stand but this Christmas it became obvious she won't change. Now, a suitor from the same state is asking for my girl's hand in marriage and her mum wants her to marry the guy.
After speaking with my girl this night she told me that the pressure is too much because she cant go against her parents wish and that 'Mr. A (the suitor) is a nice guy too'. With that statement I feel that my girl is about leaving me.
So it's with a heavy heart I write this piece. I really need your advise. Thanks in anticipation!

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by iceberylin(m): 11:36pm On Jan 06, 2016
Dude labeled his rival Mr A...

You saying he's First cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by IamLEGEND1: 11:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
dump the harlót & go locate another bítch.

You obviously offer nothing special as the only thing u were to her was 'a nice guy' and since this new guy is a 'nice guy' too.........ur market is no longer selling.

trust me,if you were making 400k a month, the mama and the daughter no go even ask wic tribe u be.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
She said she cant go against her parent n the guy is nice .....
Not really sure what u want us to say
so u better start mending your heart ... Next time do background checks early in the relationship before investing ur heart in it.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 06, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
dump the harlót & go locate another bítch.

You obviously offer nothing special as the only thing u were to her was 'a nice guy' and since this new guy is a 'nice guy' too.........ur market is no longer selling.

trust me,if you were making 400k a month, the mama and the daughter no go even ask wic tribe u be.
See as u finish the guy career ...

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 06, 2016
iceberylin:
Dude labeled his rival Mr A...

You saying he's First cheesy
Lols I think all of them in this tale are bleeped up mentally
Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by iceberylin(m): 11:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
samflexxy:
Lols I think all of them in this tale are bleeped up mentally

God has a lot of helping to Do grin
Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by Lordgatt46(m): 11:47pm On Jan 06, 2016
A lot of bitches out there for you bro forget her
Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by obiorathesubtle: 11:51pm On Jan 06, 2016
undecided abeg.. The only thing you shouldn't let slip away is your Nairabet slip..

This bitxh isn't worth shxt!

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 06, 2016
iceberylin:

God has a lot of helping to Do grin
hehee bro longest tym
Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by IamLEGEND1: 11:53pm On Jan 06, 2016
StrawberryCream:

See as u finish the guy career ...
we just helping a brother out. we know how dem dey operate for 9ja.
cheesy

tribal bigotry goes straight out the window when the Benjamins come out to play

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by ClassCaptain(m): 11:54pm On Jan 06, 2016
Boss...u fail to say whether or not u have met with the mother herself. .or even the Father... What is d stance of the father ?? is he against you too ??

Have u tried to engage with the mother in a polite and logical discussion of why you are the best for her daughter and how much u love her..

Be man enough.. Perhaps what d Mother is waiting for is to see you grow some balls. Arrange a meeting with the mum... converse with her like your own mother. be free with her...pour your heart out and let her know how serious ur love for her is ...

Then more important.. .Pray and Seek the favour of God...I believe all will be Well ..

#LeaveMatterforMatthias

cheers.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 07, 2016
the issue after she gets married to the guy she would start regretting why she didnt fight for her love. Op dont give up yet and dont forget prayers too.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by kilokeys(m): 12:21am On Jan 07, 2016
"NICE" actually means he is richer than you.

Don't take life that seriously..

Let her go.. Work harder..

When u are made, u become the universally acceptable suitor that every tribe wanna marry..

Who cares where don Jazzy is from? .. But we all wanna marry him

Even me.. Lol.. Na play o
Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by Nobody: 12:29am On Jan 07, 2016
Never force urself to a family who doesn't want u even u love that girl...not all fairytales has a happy ending anyway beside in this new generation, love is ain't enough...a lot of women will marry a man who has financial stability to secure the future of the family...

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by Nobody: 12:39am On Jan 07, 2016
KashyBaby:
Never force urself to a family who doesn't want u even u love that girl...not all fairytales has a happy ending anyway beside in this new generation, love is ain't enough...a lot of women will marry a man who has financial stability to secure the future of the family...
this girl na better wife material.

Baiibayy!!! Am kneeling down on the keyboard of my laptop right now to propose to you, will you marry me??
Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by Nobody: 12:44am On Jan 07, 2016
Bad wife is better than bad inlaws

Take the exit door bruv

My 1p

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by ibe9ja: 12:48am On Jan 07, 2016
From your post I can deduce that she is an Igbo girl. How did u get urself involved with such a family self? Dump her now before she dump u. She isn't worth an increase of BP.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by nerdfrost(m): 12:48am On Jan 07, 2016
I gat nothing to say to u undecided

Nigga tongue
Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by MrCork: 1:01am On Jan 07, 2016
yahoomessenger:
This is actually the first time that I will be creating a post on NL. But as the saying goes, a desperate situation requires a desperate measure.
I do not truly believe in love until I met Sophia. Fast forward 12 months; my love for her still grows by each passing day. I promised to marry her. She loves me like mad. But the problem is that her parents do not want her to marry outside her state, let alone my state.
We are the same tribe but her mum by some reason does not like people from my state and has told my Sophia that I may be a good man but that if she marries me she (the mum) will never be happy.
I was expecting that with time the woman will soften her stand but this Christmas it became obvious she won't change. Now, a suitor from the same state is asking for my girl's hand in marriage and her mum wants her to marry the guy.
After speaking with my girl this night she told me that the pressure is too much because she cant go against her parents wish and that 'Mr. A (the suitor) is a nice guy too'. With that statement I feel that my girl is about leaving me.
So it's with a heavy heart I write this piece. I really need your advise. Thanks in anticipation!

....is she lightskin? angry
Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by Nobody: 1:48am On Jan 07, 2016
stupidity:
this girl na better wife material.

Baiibayy!!! Am kneeling down on the keyboard of my laptop right now to propose to you, will you marry me??

Lol...u will juz break my heart coz after u will say u can't marry a lady that not from ur tribe grin grin grin

Jk
Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by Nobody: 4:08am On Jan 07, 2016
StrawberryCream:
She said she cant go against her parent n the guy is nice .....
Not really sure what u want us to say
so u better start mending your heart ... Next time do background checks early in the relationship before investing ur heart in it.
That was cold, let him down easy na grin

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by Nobody: 4:20am On Jan 07, 2016
MrCork:

....is she lightskin? angry

Can he afford a lightskin girl?
angry
Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by TrapLORD(m): 5:29am On Jan 07, 2016
Still dunno why guys these days chase women like their life depends on it.
Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by yahoomessenger: 6:14am On Jan 07, 2016
ClassCaptain:
Boss...u fail to say whether or not u have met with the mother herself. .or even the Father... What is d stance of the father ?? is he against you too ??

Have u tried to engage with the mother in a polite and logical discussion of why you are the best for her daughter and how much u love her..

Be man enough.. Perhaps what d Mother is waiting for is to see you grow some balls. Arrange a meeting with the mum... converse with her like your own mother. be free with her...pour your heart out and let her know how serious ur love for her is ...

Then more important.. .Pray and Seek the favour of God...I believe all will be Well ..

#LeaveMatterforMatthias

cheers.
Thanks bro for dat constructive reasoning. Truth is, I have not met with either of her parents bt she has met mine. I was preparing to go visit d mum bt she said d mum does not even want to see me. I am so confused right now and her parents will be going back to their base this Saturday, which is d only time I will have chance to see them.
Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by yahoomessenger: 6:15am On Jan 07, 2016
intbizoil:
the issue after she gets married to the guy she would start regretting why she didnt fight for her love. Op dont give up yet and dont forget prayers too.

I try to reason that with her too. Thanks bro
Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by yahoomessenger: 6:17am On Jan 07, 2016
kilokeys:
"NICE" actually means he is richer than you.

Don't take life that seriously..

Let her go.. Work harder..

When u are made, u become the universally acceptable suitor that every tribe wanna marry..

Who cares where don Jazzy is from? .. But we all wanna marry him

Even me.. Lol.. Na play o

I think the guy is richer, but I am made of my own stuff too.
Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by yahoomessenger: 6:19am On Jan 07, 2016
KashyBaby:

Buh wife is hard to find babe
Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by yahoomessenger: 6:21am On Jan 07, 2016
ibe9ja:
From your post I can deduce that she is an Igbo girl. How did u get urself involved with such a family self? Dump her now before she dump u. She isn't worth an increase of BP.

How pls did u come to dat conclusion?
Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by yahoomessenger: 6:22am On Jan 07, 2016
TrapLORD:
Still dunno why guys these days chase women like their life depends on it.

Some gals are worth chasing broda
Re: Pls Help!!! My Love Is Slipping Away From Me by iceberylin(m): 6:23am On Jan 07, 2016
samflexxy:
hehee bro longest tym
You went Awol...waitn happen..

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Attracts Me To A Man –yemi Alade / How To Care For Your Woman And Make Her Happy. / The Girl I Feel Inlove With Is An Alcoholic Person....she Bed-wet And Lots More.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.