Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,226 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh (32487 Views)

EFCC Gets New Operational Vehicles, Pics Of EFCC Boss Magu Test Driving Them / EFCC Gets Petition Against Jonathan Over Arms Deal / EFCC Gets Order To Remand Chief Femi Fani-kayode For Three Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh by carinmom(f): 8:33pm On Jan 07, 2016
Pavore9:
If Nurse Metuh is detained who takes care of the patient?
LOL the patient will just kick bucket nau.
Re: EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh by Honestyboy(m): 8:34pm On Jan 07, 2016
Hmm mm serve him well
Re: EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh by maestroferddi: 8:34pm On Jan 07, 2016
Goke7:

I don't need to argue much with you sir, but try and interact with senior military officers whether navy army or air force and see for yourself. Most Nigerians don't know because they are mostly in the barracks and not exposed much to us. Can u remember how PMB answered the question on sharia law back then at chattam house? Pls research and check if military officers understand the law or not, have you asked yourself why the army is not apologising for the shites incidence. Those guys are not stupid.

I just pity those who want to rub shoulder with this govt? They know jack
You talk like a village ten year-old primary school pupil.

Just go through the crap you been typing all along and tell me why there shouldn't age consideration for interacting in a medium like this...
Re: EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh by omonnakoda: 8:37pm On Jan 07, 2016
Goke7:

I don't need to argue much with you sir, but try and interact with senior military officers whether navy army or air force and see for yourself. Most Nigerians don't know because they are mostly in the barracks and not exposed much to us. Can u remember how PMB answered the question on sharia law back then at chattam house? Pls research and check if military officers understand the law or not, have you asked yourself why the army is not apologising for the shites incidence. Those guys are not stupid.

I just pity those who want to rub shoulder with this govt? They know jack
Is there any tool that can be used to measure a member of the public's knowledge of the law? If all lawyers agree on "knowledge" of law there would be no court cases and certainly no appeals after judgment once again logic and thinking are clearly at a deficit somewhere

Anyway this has nothing to do with military and it was a lawyer that argued before the judge not a soldier

1 Like

Re: EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh by Demdem(m): 8:40pm On Jan 07, 2016
[s]
maestroferddi:

This ludicrous remand relief was granted by a customary court. Metuh's legal team will definitely get an injunction from a superior court to vacate the exparte order of a mere customary court.

It might interest you to know that Metuh himself is a seasoned lawyer.
[/s]

Foolish post.
Opening post said Magistrate court. This TANoid nonentity is talking of customary court.
Re: EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh by tayork(m): 8:40pm On Jan 07, 2016
jtizie:
Before now olisa metuh said he bliv dat he wil be d next target. Now d big question is: was it because he is pdp publicity secretary?. If not fraud where did apc get d money 2 win d election?. Pmb was once accused of taken money unlawfully before d election when we were in military era. As d saying goes any thief dat is in apc automatically becomes a saint. Let us see how d movie titled: pmb past government probe wil end. We are watching. Thank u nigeria
common get out of here and be a Nigerian for once
Re: EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh by kenny81: 8:41pm On Jan 07, 2016
He did not eat?! Give him another 48hrs. Those pple can't play wt their stomach.
Re: EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh by Goke7: 8:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
maestroferddi:
The only thing I feel for people like you is pity.
I pity you more cos you support corruption and hide under rule of law for corrupt persons to be left off the hook easily. Now that is pathetic

1 Like

Re: EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh by Josnac(m): 8:44pm On Jan 07, 2016
A goat dat refused to eat d bark of the yam & instead goes for d main yam is a witch...and witches must be hunted down!

Nigeria must be free from yam eaters!!!

Click like if u believe Nigeria should be free from yam eaters ..and share if PMB is making the required progress.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh by Goke7: 8:45pm On Jan 07, 2016
omonnakoda:
Is there any tool that can be used to measure a member of the public's knowledge of the law? If all lawyers agree on "knowledge" of law there would be no court cases and certainly no appeals after judgment once again logic and thinking are clearly at a deficit somewhere

Anyway this has nothing to do with military and it was a lawyer that argued before the judge not a soldier
We all have our opinions so I don't need you to validate mine. Thanks and God bless
Re: EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 07, 2016
kenonze:
Good.

I heard he refuse to eat?
I plead with EFCC to keep warming the same food until better hunger go waya am wella. Don't serve him new meal.
In fact increase the liquidity of his beans and pap

Lolz

U r Evil!
Re: EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh by Samunique(m): 8:46pm On Jan 07, 2016
Jdesilentkiller:
FFK you deh hear so?

No amount of open letter, noise making and crying wolf will deter EFCC when they open your file.

Next time, before you open your trash can just know that the new president is not a coward.
Yeah, he's not a coward?
Let's wait and see, the end will justify the means?
Re: EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh by Goke7: 8:48pm On Jan 07, 2016
maestroferddi:
You talk like a village ten year-old primary school pupil.

Just go through the crap you been typing all along and tell me why there shouldn't age consideration for interacting in a medium like this...

That is your usual tactics, switch to insults when the discourse intensifies, thanks and God bless

1 Like

Re: EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh by omonnakoda: 8:48pm On Jan 07, 2016
Goke7:

We all have our opinions so I don't need you to validate mine. Thanks and God bless
Sure do you agree that it was a lawyer and not a soldier or military person that appeared before the judge ? This does not have anything to do with military at all. EFCC are not military?
Re: EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh by rusher14: 8:51pm On Jan 07, 2016
PastorOla1:
ALWAYS THOSE WHO LOOT OUR TREASURY ARE NOT WELL, BUT THEY ARE ALL WELL AT LOOTING. WHO CARES IF ANY OF THEM DIE IN CUSTODY. Who give METUH national assignment or what kind of business does he do to fetch him 1.4Billion. He should tell his family members the truth. He who chop GEJ'S campaign money alone will suffer it alone and go to jail alone, IJN.

That's about 4 million pounds.

With neither factory nor employee.

These are the guys that lead to an inordinate rise in cost of certain items - land and rent for instance.

I'm marveled by how such people still have some support base.

Metuh hasn't even denied receiving such funds. He's only mentioned the fact that such funds were given to him by the President for tasks he refuses to disclose.

Truth is, the reason why many even minimum wage is difficult to come by on a national scale is simply because the wealth of the nation is not put to work but stashed in private pockets of a few.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh by obinoral1179(m): 8:53pm On Jan 07, 2016
WisdomCanada:
Hhahaa serves him right

I never loved this Metuh for one day and the fact that he and his PDP witch hunters stormed our collation center in Abia to make our R.O reverse the cancelled LGAs pilled up my hatred for him, lol, Talkative, Liar, thief, hahahahaha
the wailing wailers will not see this....
Re: EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh by flokii: 8:55pm On Jan 07, 2016
kenonze:
Good.

I heard he refuse to eat?
I plead with EFCC to keep warming the same food until better hunger go waya am wella. Don't serve him new meal.
In fact increase the liquidity of his beans and pap

grin

yiu mean they should add more water to his beans right? cheesy

1 Like

Re: EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh by Demdem(m): 8:58pm On Jan 07, 2016
[s]
maestroferddi:
You are dull-brained.

Smarter people were able to deduce that the point being ventilated was that the putative order is originating from a manifestly lower court.

People that are not quick on the uptake like you get stuck in the rut shadow-boxing over banalities.
[/s]

Oponu, they are lower courts but surely not the same court.
It's within the jurisdiction of the magistrate court to give such orders and not the customary court.
Again dafto, u Av proven once again to be daft and empty in that container u call brain. grin
Re: EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh by Akiika: 9:04pm On Jan 07, 2016
baralatie:
Efcc went to a citizens house invited the citizen and refused to release the citizencitizen.later went to the court to get an order to detain a citizen.
This is abuse and unfortunate
Tell that to the displaced and orphaned children at the IDP camps.
Re: EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh by datopaper(m): 9:05pm On Jan 07, 2016
Metuh! Metuh!! Wait, is it the same metusallah or so. In bible. No no no It is not true. It can be! But if it is true. We all know how metusallah long pass before he died. I reject it. Metuh you will long in prison. Amen. No! I mean u will tarry. No so what? Metuh you are my man. Carry go let's go there.
Re: EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh by blackcookie(m): 9:08pm On Jan 07, 2016
baralatie:
Efcc went to a citizens house invited the citizen and refused to release the citizencitizen.later went to the court to get an order to detain a citizen.
This is abuse and unfortunate

Kindly note that they decided to seek permission to continue to keep him. The court can decide to say yes or no. There is no abuse here. Imagine someone who killed a loved one is in the question; would you call it abuse? The money these guys stole could have paid for drugs in hospitals. Though they are accused persons not yet proven guilty. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh by sinistermind(m): 9:15pm On Jan 07, 2016
Nigeria is gradually slipping into a one party system.... i will say this a witch hunt... they know that detaining Olisa Metuh will shut PDP up.... there is still nothing on his case. He was only invited to explain the 1billion plus in his account and now it is detention. Femi Adesina allegedly received 50m and that is swept under the carpet without investigation.... and one APC bastard will come here and be shouting Change.
Re: EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh by maestroferddi: 9:17pm On Jan 07, 2016
Goke7:

That is your usual tactics, switch to insults when the discourse intensifies, thanks and God bless
Oga oga stop whipping up unnecessary sentiments.

Was I supposed to praise for sounding so ignorant?

You tell me who other than an impressionable and dull primary school pupil would come on social media to imply that military officers nay soldiers who are untrained in law are legally more knowledgeable than trained lawyers?
Re: EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh by Goke7: 9:24pm On Jan 07, 2016
omonnakoda:
Sure do you agree that it was a lawyer and not a soldier or military person that appeared before the judge ? This does not have anything to do with military at all. EFCC are not military?

I do not inted to argue further but its so clear now you misunderstood me from the beginning, what I was trying to say is that with a VP who is a professor of law and a President with a strong professional military background, they know the technicalities and the loopholes in the judiciary which our Nigerian lawyers explore to get alleged crimes suspect get off the hook so easily. They too are exploring those technicalities which is frustrating the lawyers defending the guys who are being arrested. Even these lawyers know that the govt is right but they the lawyers are only trying to get public sympathy by saying the govt disobeys court orders, wonder why dasuki is begging?

Hope you understand me now, its not about any soldier appearing before any judge.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh by Samunique(m): 9:25pm On Jan 07, 2016
baralatie:

Really?
You are saying if the goose is a lawbreaker, the gander is also allowed to be a bigger law breaker!
Pls don't waste your time anymore with those nairaland kids and APC zombies.
No matter how u try to convince them, their minds have been programmed against their reasoning.

Instead for them to wail and weep for the looming danger that's about to devour the democracy we have struggled to build and where all this could land us as a nation they are here celebrating the obvious acts of lawlessness, bitterness, revenge and injustice.

Before I'm misquoted, I want to say here that I fully support the fight against corruption and there should not be any sacred cow, but I'm much disturbed that we might use all the 4yrs of this administration to fight corruption and at the end of the day we archive noting, we might even end up creating more chaos for the nation just bcs we see the fight against corruption as a way to silence critics and victimize our perceived enemies, instead for us to be thorough, transparent, objective and result oriented in our pursuit to rid the nation of the monster called corruption.
Re: EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh by Okies27(m): 9:27pm On Jan 07, 2016
Re: EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh by Okies27(m): 9:27pm On Jan 07, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF / 2023: Atiku Officially Declares To Run For Presidency (Video) / Gunboats And Landing Craft Of The Nigerian Army Amphibious Forces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.