Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,250 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden (8401 Views)

Where Exactly Is Garden Of Eden??? / Understanding Christianity And Islam In The Wake Of Global Terror / Luciferean Series I: Understanding Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by bxcode(m): 9:07pm On Jan 09, 2016
plaetton:

Well first of all, humans are still socially evolving.
As an evolving species, Remember, we are not so different from wild animals.
Sometimes we take two steps forward and one step backwards, sometimes we take one step forward and two steps backwards.

Now, of the human March civilization had been guided or supervised by the invisible hand of a supernatural being, then you think the earth would have been paradise for all humans ?
The fact that it is not is proof that we have been struggling and bungling all by our selves by trial and error, social evolution.

If you look back at the last 250'000yrs of human history on Earth, you would agree that we are living in the best of times.

Now, our present political and economic system makes it possible for a wide gap between those who have and those who do not.
Our social system insists that everyone should have. Therefore, those who do not must struggle to have.

Even Pentecostal Christianity is anchored on the predication that you should have wealth and riches.

Therefore the society is caught up in a constant flux of competition, by all means possible, to possess and accumulate.
Pentecostalism correlates spiritual growth with personal accumulation.
These are the reasons for increasing crime and wickedness.
From your first paragraph sir, where you mentioned that we are not different from animals and an evolving species, I can decipher that you believe in the theory of evolution, Darwin's theory of evolution i guess and according to live science, the theory postulates that it can turn dinosaurs into birds, apes into humans and so on. Can you give me some observable evidence that evolution is true, something that I don't have to receive by faith?
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by bxcode(m): 9:12pm On Jan 09, 2016
frank317:

God is supposed to be the creator, a being that gave life to be every human. So powerful that we can't comprehend. Created man and everything. He knows the future knows what man wants... Isnt that so?

The best you can do for him is stop comparing him with things he supposedly created... They are not supposed to be used as an example to prove his existence... Its deamining.

God as the creator is supposed to be self existent in the heart of everyone. he is supposed to be 'realer' than everything on earth since he ceated them all... No need for you to try to prove him.

Sadly, the fact that u have to be here trying to convince his own creation he exist is quite suspicious. It makes his existence sound like a fraud, which makes me wonder.. Shouldn't he have thought of this? His competence is really at stake here.
With what you just wrote down, am tempted to ask in all sincerity, what happened to you bro?
Where did all this there is no God notion began?
And hey.... Am not here to argue or to convince or to feel sanctimonious over you guys, that thought never crossed my mind. Just see it as a dialogue between people that have diverse views on issues relating to life. Be it far from me to coerce you from what you believe in.... if I have done that along the line, i sincerely apologize.

1 Like

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by bxcode(m): 9:22pm On Jan 09, 2016
frank317:

Are u for real? Or are u just living in denial. How many theists believe Jesus came as God to save man from doom?
Check the percentage yourself.
Theist theist theist... So? Are they now better than atheists just because the believe in the existence of a God? What happened to believing in Christ as their personal saviour? Are we throwing that away just to win an argument? Then later u go and bash them or ask them to repent? Stop decieving yourself bro. Stop living in denial.
Nobody is better than anyone bro, check my previous posts, you will never ever come across me bashing anyone because he dosent believe in God or because he ain't a Christian, anyone that does that dosen't know what he or she believes in because God is love. It may interest You to know that i have atheist as friends. My own is to show them the love of Christ and hope that they will open their heart someday, only God can truly change a man. And I don't see this as an argument because like you rightly said it creates more strife and hatred amongst the parties involved and I know that's not what Jesus will do. It's true that lots of Christians in quote resort to such to air their opinion about you guys, but I don't believe in such.
Am living in denial yes, in denial to the fact that am not mere human. I have a link to the creator of the universe, he lives in me. If I abide in him, he also abides in me. Ain't no deceit on it. God is real for me, and for all of us. It's a matter of choosing to accept it and see it or rejecting it and living in true denial.
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by frank317: 9:30pm On Jan 09, 2016
bxcode:

With what you just wrote down, am tempted to ask in all sincerity, what happened to you bro?
Where did all this there is no God notion began?
And hey.... Am not here to argue or to convince or to feel sanctimonious over you guys, that thought never crossed my mind. Just see it as a dialogue between people that have diverse views on issues relating to life. Be it far from me to coerce you from what you believe in.... if I have done that along the line, i sincerely apologize.

Well, so many water passed under the bridge and I had to start thinking. I was brought up in a christian home, watchman charismatic.
But it took a hard punch for me to realize that God idea is nothing but wishful thinking. And I am glad I came out of that delusion.
I searched for job for five years, praying and believing... For where.
The circumstance I lost my mum was something to be question.
Then the last punch was when I list man fiance in a ghastly motor accident... Seriously if God exists he owes me an apology.

Sadly I started thinking outside the religious box... I found out it is all a hoax. Its all a scam. I can be good and better man without religion.
Try it and u will see how possible it is. Look man... Stop wasting ur time.u only have one life to live.

When I took my life in my own hands...everything started turning around.
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by plaetton: 9:48pm On Jan 09, 2016
bxcode:

From your first paragraph sir, where you mentioned that we are not different from animals and an evolving species, I can decipher that you believe in the theory of evolution, Darwin's theory of evolution i guess and according to live science, the theory postulates that it can turn dinosaurs into birds, apes into humans and so on. Can you give me some observable evidence that evolution is true, something that I don't have to receive by faith?
First, the theory of evolution is not a belief system in the ssme way that your belief in God or Jesus is.

It is a scientific theory. This means it is a scientific truth backed by lots and lots of yet to be refuted evidence.
DNA, chromosomes, fossil records, anthropology, medicine, agriculture.
Sorry, but it's only amongst my African brothers that I am forced to debate the theory of evolution.

Do you accept that CHANGE is the only constant in the universe?
Change is simply the agency and process of evolution.

Do you accept that in nature, processes go from simplicity to complexity? That's evolution.

Do you accept that you are a different human being from your mother and father ? Then you are just a slightly evolved specimen of your mother and Father.

Do you believe that environmental conditions , and even cosmic radiations can and do cause mutations in DNA?
That's evolution.

Evolution is small incremental changes over time, sometimes millions or hundreds of millions of years.

So, evolution is so common place, so natural, that we should not, at this period of our development, be debating whether it is true or false.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by bxcode(m): 9:56pm On Jan 09, 2016
frank317:

Well, so many water passed under the bridge and I had to start thinking. I was brought up in a christian home, watchman charismatic.
But it took a hard punch for me to realize that God idea is nothing but wishful thinking. And I am glad I came out of that delusion.
I searched for job for five years, praying and believing... For where.
The circumstance I lost my mum was something to be question.
Then the last punch was when I list man fiance in a ghastly motor accident... Seriously if God exists he owes me an apology.

Sadly I started thinking outside the religious box... I found out it is all a hoax. Its all a scam. I can be good and better man without religion.
Try it and u will see how possible it is. Look man... Stop wasting ur time.u only have one life to live.

When I took my life in my own hands...everything started turning around.
Everything is now clearer to me, I totally sympathize with you on the rough experiences you have had in the past and if I tell you I can say why it happened it give you logical explanations then I am lying. But sir, the truth is that a lot of people have experienced similar and even worst things in life and still came out good. We live in a fallen world bro, a lot of terrible things happen and if you attribute all these to God what will you then say of the devil whose work is to steal, kill and destroy? Yes you can be good and better without religious doctrines of men but not to the point of waving of the existence of God, don't you think that's too extreme? Remember Paul said; what is it that can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus? Is it sickness, death, pestilence or what? We ask have trials, lots of then av prayed over things that didn't come to pass and so on. I can't give an answer to the things that happened to ya really but I know that God didn't kill ya fiancee, nor ya mum, as bitter as it may sound, there are many things that could have happened which you and I may not know. I will be praying for you bro, but don't shut your heart out completely on God. Lots of love man. #NoHomogrin

1 Like

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by bxcode(m): 10:03pm On Jan 09, 2016
plaetton:

First, the theory of evolution is not a belief system in the ssme way that your belief in God or Jesus is.

It is a scientific theory. This means it is a scientific truth backed by lots and lots of yet to be refuted evidence.
DNA, chromosomes, fossil records, anthropology, medicine, agriculture.
Sorry, but it's only amongst my African brothers that I am forced to debate the theory of evolution.

Do you accept that CHANGE is the only constant in the universe?
Change is simply the agency and process of evolution.

Do you accept that in nature, processes go from simplicity to complexity? That's evolution.

Do you accept that you are a different human being from your mother and father ? Then you are just a slightly evolved specimen of your mother and Father.

Do you believe that environmental conditions , and even cosmic radiations can and do cause mutations in DNA?
That's evolution.

Evolution is small incremental changes over time, sometimes millions or hundreds of millions of years.

So, evolution is so common place, so natural, that we should not, at this period of our development, be debating whether it is true or false.
I get your point, but evolution is still under debate even in prestigious universities as an talking to you sir, am a keen follower of the numerous discussions to that effect, I wish you can get to see some of the videos I have to that effect. Remember what I asked initially, evolution in terms of change of kind from one to another like canine to birds, to humans and so on and not fossils records that predates back to millions of years. So what are those unrefuted observable evidences that you can simply point out now as far as evolution is concerned, one which I don't have to receive by faith before we advance to more complex scientific assumptions and populations which as a matter of fact I can't say much about. Since evolution is our level playing ground, I don't think it will be so hard to prove that sir with evidence on your own part.
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by plaetton: 10:45pm On Jan 09, 2016
bxcode:

I get your point, but evolution is still under debate even in prestigious universities as an talking to you sir, am a keen follower of the numerous discussions to that effect, I wish you can get to see some of the videos I have to that effect. Remember what I asked initially, evolution in terms of change of kind from one to another like canine to birds, to humans and so on and not fossils records that predates back to millions of years. So what are those unrefuted observable evidences that you can simply point out now as far as evolution is concerned, one which I don't have to receive by faith before we advance to more complex scientific assumptions and populations which as a matter of fact I can't say much about. Since evolution is our level playing ground, I don't think it will be so hard to prove that sir with evidence on your own part.

Again, let me just remind you that no one who understands evolution will tell that birds magically transformed to apes, and then to humans. It is not so simplistic.
Evolution first occurs at the micro level, and then continues tiny microscopic mutations that can span tens and millions of years before we see a change or transformation at the macro level.

Now, pls imagine the transformation of a foetus from the moment of conception till birth. Imagine all the microscopic changes it undergoes before all the organs, the unique physical characteristics are fully manifest.
That's evolution in fast forward mode.

In the evolution of species, this nine months process would take like 90 million years.

We have irrefutable proof that humans branched off from the same evolutionary tree as chimpanzees.
Chromosomes confirm that fact.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by Image123(m): 11:57pm On Jan 09, 2016
Eeyah, i feel the hunger in your heart. Nothing satisfies like Him.
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by menesheh(m): 1:48am On Jan 10, 2016
bxcode:

You follow debates and discussions on evolution and have videos to that effect? you fail to understand that evolution is not philosophical but demonstrations of reality backed by simple (layman observable effects) to complex irrefutable evidence like the DNA genomics. Maybe you follow discussions by creationists and non-experts in the field.

There is nothing like animals changes from "kind" to "kind" in evolution but the evolutionary changes of species overtime due to DNA variations via natural selection, gene pool etc.
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by frank317: 3:51am On Jan 10, 2016
bxcode:

Everything is now clearer to me, I totally sympathize with you on the rough experiences you have had in the past and if I tell you I can say why it happened it give you logical explanations then I am lying. But sir, the truth is that a lot of people have experienced similar and even worst things in life and still came out good. We live in a fallen world bro, a lot of terrible things happen and if you attribute all these to God what will you then say of the devil whose work is to steal, kill and destroy? Yes you can be good and better without religious doctrines of men but not to the point of waving of the existence of God, don't you think that's too extreme? Remember Paul said; what is it that can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus? Is it sickness, death, pestilence or what? We ask have trials, lots of then av prayed over things that didn't come to pass and so on. I can't give an answer to the things that happened to ya really but I know that God didn't kill ya fiancee, nor ya mum, as bitter as it may sound, there are many things that could have happened which you and I may not know. I will be praying for you bro, but don't shut your heart out completely on God. Lots of love man. #NoHomogrin
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by frank317: 3:58am On Jan 10, 2016
bxcode:

A lot people have gone through worst, so? Ya they came out good, so? I am good too. Time heals everything,what do u expect?

Not say I'm God killed them. But what exactly is the function of knowing this God? He is absolutely useless and his incompetence in handling the world he created is worrisome, that's if he exists.

Oga, yes you have nothing to say. I have gone through what I have gone through and I have learnt a lot. One thing is sure, there is nothing gainful in believing in a creator... Its just wishful thinking for you guys and its quite worrisome too. How can one live all his life in wish and delusion.

Think about it.... Giving excuse for the creator? Pls stop making him sound dumb.

1 Like

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by texanomaly(f): 4:35am On Jan 10, 2016
menesheh:

This is so ambiguous that it makes no sense. If the little girl (though she is a little girl to understand) feels she can't discuss such topic that are forming the actions of billions of people around the world, either because it is so mysterious and complex, sorry, her brain is so feeble-minded in thought.

You took that seriously? I only posted it because I knew SOL would get a kick out of it. He knows my sense of humor and appreciates it. It made me smile. If he read it, I think it made him smile too. Anyway, chill and have a nice day. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by texanomaly(f): 4:37am On Jan 10, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

grin grin
Happy New Year.. I should join y'all in the Literature section. embarassed

You should! You are an amazing writer. Share your talent.

1 Like

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by winner01(m): 8:27am On Jan 10, 2016
hahn:

Besides, your god has been responsible for more deaths in the world.

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/atrocities.html

2 Likes

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by hahn(m): 12:09pm On Jan 10, 2016
winner01:
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/atrocities.html

I just read through that link. Pretty interesting stuff.

However, your god created everything and as such it is responsible for the atrocities it's creations perpetrate. Unless it is high on some cheap weed then it is safe to say it is nothing but confused.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by winner01(m): 2:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
hahn:

I just read through that link. Pretty interesting stuff.

However, your god created everything and as such it is responsible for the atrocities it's creations perpetrate. Unless it is high on some cheap weed then it is safe to say it is nothing but confused.
grin Werey. grin

@bolded, but u dont believe this na?
Atheist and their dubious way out of everything.

Take back your original quote. angry

2 Likes

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by hahn(m): 2:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
winner01:
grin Werey. grin

@bolded, but u dont believe this na?
Atheist and their dubious way out of everything.

Take back your original quote. angry

Of course I DON'T believe it buy YOU do undecided

I am only using your logic. If your god created everything then it is responsible for everything including Lucifer's sin. Therefore, not only is it incompetent, it is also narcisstic, irresponsible, sadistic and useless.

But then again it is only a figment of your imagination undecided

1 Like

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by winner01(m): 3:03pm On Jan 10, 2016
hahn:

I am only using your logic. If your god created everything then it is responsible for everything including Lucifer's sin. Therefore, not only is it incompetent, it is also narcisstic, irresponsible, sadistic and useless.

Congratulations to you.

Atheists have been responsible for more havoc than all religions put together!!!!!
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by hahn(m): 5:29pm On Jan 10, 2016
winner01:
Congratulations to you.

Atheists have been responsible for more havoc than all religions put together!!!!!

Lol. Proof? undecided

Most peaceful countries 2015

http://www.statista.com/statistics/273159/most-peaceful-countries-in-the-global-peace-index/

Least peaceful countries 2015

http://www.statista.com/statistics/273160/countries-with-the-least-peace-worldwide/

Notice a pattern?

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/epiphenom/2009/06/atheist-nations-are-more-peaceful.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

HI babe, how and where have you been? Hope you're good. Happy New Year.

Happy New Year to you too.... been around but silent, hope you're okay too
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by daveP(m): 10:25pm On Jan 10, 2016
bxcode:

Sir, Jesus didn't come to exist in the literature of the Jews s and their hypocritical culture, he came to show them the way to his father in heaven. didn't you see that in what I said before?
Sir not only Africans believe in him, Americans do, Asians do, Europeans do. Christianity is not an African religion only. So stop trying to use the mentality that Africans gullible to believe what some reprobate Jews objected. What will say about the other people in the world that believe in him based on this your shortsighted perspective sir??
you are really doing great. Thumbs up. But just like the father of evolution that was saved on his deathbed(it was hidden cos it would ruin the works and profits the theory would eventually bring), his case might not be diff. We should jst pray it should be years before that.
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by bxcode(m): 8:30am On Jan 13, 2016
frank317:

A lot people have gone through worst, so? Ya they came out good, so? I am good too. Time heals everything,what do u expect?

Not say I'm God killed them. But what exactly is the function of knowing this God? He is absolutely useless and his incompetence in handling the world he created is worrisome, that's if he exists.

Oga, yes you have nothing to say. I have gone through what I have gone through and I have learnt a lot. One thing is sure, there is nothing gainful in believing in a creator... Its just wishful thinking for you guys and its quite worrisome too. How can one live all his life in wish and delusion.

Think about it.... Giving excuse for the creator? Pls stop making him sound dumb.
The function of knowing God is to have a personal relationship with him. God didn't start all the evil in the world today, we did! He warned Adam and Eve but they choose to disobey. The presence of evil is simply the absence of God in anything man does, but he didn't create evil. The issue is that your mind is already with a wrong impression about God sir, and anything that anyone tells you is not just gonna go along with your prejudice. There are so many things about God that I know that if you be open minded, you will see the revelation.
And the idea of you saying that we ought not to defend God and that he should do that, when you see someone abusing your earthly father whom you love so much for instance, will you fold ya hand and say let daddy come and defend himself?
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by bxcode(m): 8:36am On Jan 13, 2016
daveP:
you are really doing great. Thumbs up. But just like the father of evolution that was saved on his deathbed(it was hidden cos it would ruin the works and profits the theory would eventually bring), his case might not be diff. We should jst pray it should be years before that.
The funny thing is that most of these atheists know the truth but won't own up to it. I've read their history a lot and that's when I deciphered that it's actually not their fault and all they need is people that will constantly dialogue with them until God reveals himself to them.

1 Like

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by plaetton: 8:40am On Jan 13, 2016
hahn:

Well said.

Funny that when we criticize their god, they think we are angry at god or hate god.
It escapes them that we are simply mocking their silly and contradictory ideas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by daveP(m): 10:24am On Jan 13, 2016
bxcode:

The funny thing is that most of these atheists know the truth but won't own up to it. I've read their history a lot and that's when I deciphered that it's actually not their fault and all they need is people that will constantly dialogue with them until God reveals himself to them.
yeah.

The accusing finger atheists are mostly around than those who gradually wear away from believing in God. They still have an iota that resist with vehemence, the stance they have against God. You're right!
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by Nobody: 12:25am On Jan 14, 2016
Come on!
I came here to read an interesting story, not bickering back and forth. angry

1 Like

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 14, 2016
EVOLUTION according to atheists:

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by Charlesdock(m): 1:09am On Jan 16, 2016
Atheist just like entering a thread where christians post are. You all believed Theism doesn't have the answers then produce it. Infact some are atheist because sometime in their life the've faced a problem which they didn't feel the presence of God.
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by Nobody: 1:44am On Jan 16, 2016
menesheh:

Don't mind him, he really need jesus to touch his heart. By the way, tell me the percentage you believed the old testament creation stories of Adam and eve (from 1 to 100 % rating) because all peoples around the world have origin myths, to account for where they came from. Many tribal origin myths talk only about that one particular tribe – as though other tribes don’t count! In the same way, many tribes have a rule that they mustn’t kill people – but ‘people’ turns out to mean only others of your own tribe. Killing members of other tribes is just fine!

Here’s a typical origin myth, from a group of Tasmanian aborigines. A god called Moinee was defeated by a rival god called Dromerdeener in a terrible battle up in the stars. Moinee fell out of the stars down to Tasmania to die. Before he died, he wanted to give a last blessing to his final resting place, so he decided to create humans. But he was in such a hurry, knowing he was dying, that he forgot to give them knees; and (no doubt distracted by his plight) he absent-mindedly gave them big tails like kangaroos, which meant they couldn’t sitdown. Then he died. The people hated having kangaroo tails and no knees, and they cried out to the heavens for help.
The mighty Dromerdeener, who was still roaring around the sky on his victory parade, heard their cry and came down to Tasmania to see what the matter was. He took pity on the people, gave them bendable knees and cut off their inconvenient kangaroo tails so they could all sit down at last; and they lived happily ever after.

Tell me you believe or don't believe the Tasmanian's aborigine creation myth and what makes it different from the above jest sonoflucifer is making about local Jewish creation myth.
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by Nobody: 1:46am On Jan 16, 2016
Your sobriquet's sönoflücifer, & yet you create a thread trying to help people understand Christianity.
What kind of split personality disorder is this?,
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by Nobody: 2:25am On Jan 16, 2016
darkenedrebel:
Your sobriquet's sönoflücifer, & yet you create a thread trying to help people understand Christianity.
What kind of split personality disorder is this?,

You don't see that he's mocking creationist theory? undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Am I Allowed To Fast When On My Period As A Christian / How Do You Want To Be Remembered When You Are Gone? / When You Attend The Feast Of A Great King

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.