Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,456 members, 7,830,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden (8403 Views)

Where Exactly Is Garden Of Eden??? / Understanding Christianity And Islam In The Wake Of Global Terror / Luciferean Series I: Understanding Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by Nobody: 2:29am On Jan 16, 2016
Nubian113:

You don't see that he's mocking creationist theory? undecided

I couldn't read it all, but I saw some hints of mockery & deride in the first chapter..

That isn't fair though - we should learn to respect the religious beliefs of others, even if we find them utterly ridiculous..
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by Nobody: 2:32am On Jan 16, 2016
darkenedrebel:

I couldn't read it all, but I saw some hints of mockery & deride in the first chapter..

That isn't fair though - we should learn to respect the religious beliefs of others, even if we find them utterly ridiculous..

The way he does it thou it's class. All he did was narrate the story and the rest is for us to decide. Other than his moniker he has not added anything offensive.

1 Like

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by Nobody: 2:36am On Jan 16, 2016
Op really ain't one of the terrorists who ran around bad minding everyone. No he left that to those who claim to love God yet they can't love us, God's creation. Hate and God don't go together yet hear the followers of God and the hate they spew. Op ain't the problem religion is.
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by Nobody: 3:06am On Jan 16, 2016
Nubian113:

The way he does it thou it's class. All he did was narrate the story and the rest is for us to decide. Other than his moniker he has not added anything offensive.

because he's your friend doesn't mean you should choose to be blind to the truth.
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by Nobody: 3:07am On Jan 16, 2016
angry

darkenedrebel:

because he's your friend doesn't mean you should choose to be blind to the truth.

My Truth ain't your Truth undecided

so abeg clear road so I for see grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 16, 2016
Nubian113:

You don't see that he's mocking creationist theory? undecided
angry.. hey, that was a secret..
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by Nobody: 6:54am On Jan 16, 2016
Nubian113:
angry
My Truth ain't your Truth undecided
so abeg clear road so I for see grin cheesy
Thanks luv embarassed kiss embarassed
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by Nobody: 7:02am On Jan 16, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Thanks luv embarassed kiss embarassed

Hun you're not the problem kiss kiss kiss

I'm bored I wanna read so point me in the right direction please...
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 16, 2016
Nubian113:

Hun you're not the problem kiss kiss kiss

I'm bored I wanna read so point me in the right direction please...
fmylife.com
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by Image123(m): 10:21am On Jan 16, 2016
plaetton:

Well said.

Funny that when we criticize their god, they think we are angry at god or hate god.
It escapes them that we are simply mocking their silly and contradictory ideas.
cc:hahn

Seems these fellas glory in the ridiculous. Of course, God is responsible and doesn't hide it. He's responsible enough to put people in Heaven and hell and watch with the holy angels. He will also ensure all His living soul creatures are responsible.
That your father and mother share responsibility in what you turn out to be and what happens to you. Doesn't mean you don't also bear the responsibility, if not more self.
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by plaetton: 10:31am On Jan 16, 2016
Image123:

Seems these fellas glory in the ridiculous. Of course, God is responsible and doesn't hide it. He's responsible enough to put people in Heaven and hell and watch with the holy angels. He will also ensure all His living soul creatures are responsible.
That your father and mother share responsibility in what you turn out to be and what happens to you. Doesn't mean you don't also bear the responsibility, if not more self.

You are regurgitating your beliefs.
I don't see how it relates to what I posted.

Save your Heaven and hell sermons for sunday school kids.

And how do you know that your god is a he ?
Does he have male organs , and if so, does he ever use it ?
Seriously.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by hahn(m): 11:58am On Jan 16, 2016
Image123:

How does this concern me? undecided
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by Image123(m): 12:24pm On Jan 16, 2016
plaetton:

You are regurgitating your beliefs.
I don't see how it relates to what I posted.

Save your Heaven and hell sermons for sunday school kids.

And how do you know that your god is a he ?
Does he have male organs , and if so, does he ever use it ?
Seriously.
He referred to Himself as He,how else? i don't need to ask if hahn is an he,he referred to himself as he also. Fair enough?
Do you expect new beliefs, the Bible is the same since many years ago. You want God to be responsible and i show that He already is. Just like your parents are responsible for how you turn out,yet you are not shielded from facing direct responsibility.
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by hahn(m): 12:29pm On Jan 16, 2016
Image123:

He referred to Himself as He,how else? i don't need to ask if hahn is an he,he referred to himself as he also. Fair enough?
Do you expect new beliefs, the Bible is the same since many years ago. You want God to be responsible and i show that He already is. Just like your parents are responsible for how you turn out,yet you are not shielded from facing direct responsibility.

Lol. Why do you keep mentioning me? undecided
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by plaetton: 12:38pm On Jan 16, 2016
Image123:

Where exactly did he refer to himself as a he ?
I don't remember reading god's autobiography. Have you ?

As for god being responsible, well I, find the Toothfairy much more visibly responsible.
I will cast my lot with the Toothfairy any time.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by Image123(m): 12:54pm On Jan 16, 2016
hahn:

Lol. Why do you keep mentioning me? undecided
Because you are involved.
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by Image123(m): 12:56pm On Jan 16, 2016
plaetton:

Where exactly did he refer to himself as a he ?
I don't remember reading god's autobiography. Have you ?

As for god being responsible, well I, find the Toothfairy much more visibly responsible.
I will cast my lot with the Toothfairy any time.

Where did He refer to Himself as anything before? In the Bible of course.
Who has toothfairy helped, we both know that millions of people continue to claim that God helped them. Even from evolution, your lot position is unfavorable.
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by hahn(m): 2:21pm On Jan 16, 2016
Image123:

Because you are involved.

Involved in what exactly?
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 16, 2016
Stones.
He picks them from the stream and heads towards the bleating of the sheep. He crouches in the bush, moving forward silently in the dark. The night is still and quiet, a cool breeze sweeping from the East of Eden. There is a fire lit in the distance. A figure appears hunched over it, tending to the fresh pork roasting over it.

His fingers squeeze tightly around the stones in his right hand. He flings it in the direction of the fire..

Abel was just enjoying the aroma from his pork roast dinner, when a missile hit him just below his temple. He fell to the ground, screaming in pain and blood began streaming from the fresh wound.

'Who goes there? Identify yourself.. who you be?', he screamed at the darkness, as a rough outline approached towards him.

The look on his face quickly transformed from fright to extreme shock as he slowly recognized his brother Cain.

'Guy, wetin happen now? No be because you senior me o. I go tell Mummy for you.' Abel cried, the blood now blinding him and making his vision even worse.

'Well, sorry, there's no Mummy around. She's out with Daddy and they won't be back till tomorrow.', Cain smirked, walking over to a can of water beside the fire.

'What is going on Cain? Tell me what's wrong?', Abel asked, his consciousness slowly ebbing away.

'God accepted your offering, but rejected mine. Do I not suffer because he cursed the land? Do I toil in vain, never able to meet his expectations? Why give me the skills of a farmer and decide not to bless me? I demand to know why. What is it about you that makes your sacrifice more acceptable than mine?" Cain screamed, his voice so heavy with emotion.

'It's his decision, Cain, not mine. He is our Creator, he alone knows what is best and acceptable to him. We dare not question him or his choices, Cain. See what he did to our parents. We must live in fear of Yahweh. We must learn to obey his orders or we face punishment. I'm not the one to whom you should direct this grievances. Please, plead your case before hi'.... WHOOOOMM...

A huge blow landed on Abel's head just before he could complete his sentence. It was strong enough to knock him out completely, the last image he saw was Cain walking towards him, set to deliver another swing from the wooden rod in his hand...

last update.. the Bible is pretty boring.. undecided undecided
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by lepasharon(f): 6:00pm On Jan 16, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

last update.. the Bible is pretty boring.. undecided undecided

Nooo....you have to get to Noah's ark lol

1 Like

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by CoolUsername: 9:23pm On Jan 16, 2016
plaetton:

And how do you know that your god is a he ? Does he have male organs , and if so, does he ever use it ? Seriously.
*cough* Mary *cough*

2 Likes

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by plaetton: 9:36pm On Jan 16, 2016
CoolUsername:

*cough* Mary *cough*
grin cheesy
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by Image123(m): 10:21pm On Jan 16, 2016
plaetton:

grin cheesy

Your deluded self has no qualms running to the Bible where you think there is something to laugh about, yet has the temerity to be asking where God is referred to as He. Keep deceiving yourself, hell is not yet full.
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by plaetton: 10:31pm On Jan 16, 2016
Image123:

Your deluded self has no qualms running to the Bible where you think there is something to laugh about, yet has the temerity to be asking where God is referred to as He. Keep deceiving yourself, hell is not yet full.

Lol.. I don't know why simple questions irk you guys.
You haven't showed me where in the bible that God referred to himself as Male.

And secondly, being Male, as you simply, comes with certain attributes, prominent of which is a male reproductive organ. That is the single thing that differentiate male from female.

So, my question remains; if god has male organs, then to what use ,or what use is it to him who created the universe alone? Does god have a female consort? cheesy

How did he supposedly beget Jesus ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:45pm On Jan 16, 2016
plaetton:

1. Jesus called God Father . Fathers are males and Sons are Males

Mark 14:36

36 And he said, “Abba, Father, all things are possible for you. Remove this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.”

John 14:9-11

9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works.

11 Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves.

2. The Prophet Isaiah addressed him as a male

Isaiah 63:16
For you are our Father, though Abraham does not know us, and Israel does not acknowledge us; you, O Lord, are our Father, our Redeemer from of old is your name.

3. God Is addressed as a male in the Old Testament during the time of Moses who had a really personal relationship with Him

Deuteronomy 32:6
6 Do you thus repay the Lord you foolish and senseless people? Is not he your father, who created you, who made you and established you?

4. Gabriel told Mary that she will bear unto the world , God's son

Luke 1:29-33

29 When she saw the angel, she was troubled at his words. She thought about what had been said. 30 The angel said to her, “Mary, do not be afraid. You have found favor with God. 31 See! You are to become a mother and have a Son. You are to give Him the name Jesus. 32 He will be great. He will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give Him the place where His early father David sat. 33 He will be King over the family of Jacob forever and His nation will have no end.”

5. Jesus' disciples addressed Him as a male even after His resurrection

1 Corinthians 15:7
7 After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles

Mr Plaetton , no Christian is avoiding your childish questions . Most feel they are not worthy to get a response . I'm sure you dont think this way

2 Likes

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by Image123(m): 10:46pm On Jan 16, 2016
plaetton:

And secondly, being Male, as you simply, comes with certain attributes, prominent of which is a male reproductive organ. That is the single thing that differentiate male from female.

So, my question remains; if god has male organs, then to what use ,or what use is it to him who created the universe alone? Does god have a female consort? cheesy

Jesus is God and is a He. All through the Old Testament also, God is clearly He.
Psa 2:4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
Isa 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
Gen 15:7 And he said unto him, I am the LORD that brought thee out of Ur of the Chaldees, to give thee this land to inherit it.

A eunuch has no reproductive organs so that is not the "single thing" that differentiate male from female, nobody gives criteria of qualification for God the maker of male and female. i guess you always make sure you see people's reproductive organs before you can know that they are male or female. That's unfortunate for you.
How did God beget Jesus? How can anyone still be asking that in 2016? Through Mary, duh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:56pm On Jan 16, 2016
plaetton:

Sunday School all over again . You never paid attention as a kid . I thought you claimed you read the bible from start to finish .

Luke 1 : 34- 35

34 And Mary said to the angel, “How will this be, since I am a virgin?”35 And the angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born[e] will be called holy—the Son of God.

Pay attention to Mary's confused thought : " How will this be , since I am a virgin "

Jesus' birth was an act of divinity - the power of the SUPERnatural . Ever wondered why its called the SUPERnatural ? Because its beyond nature and Jesus' birth right there is a great example .

Puny brains overheating already ?
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:05pm On Jan 16, 2016
plaetton:

Organs ? I thought you know who God is . God is not made of biological cells or needs to reproduce . The organs given unto man by God are made for reproduction . You are so close minded that's why you feel the Almighty creator of the universe needs male organs so he can be identified as male . You are really limiting your sense of reasoning .

God's revelation of Himself unto man gave the perception of masculinity - its as simple as that .

1 Like

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Sunday School all over again . You never paid attention as a kid . I thought you claimed you read the bible from start to finish .

Luke 1 : 34- 35

Pay attention to Mary's confused thought : " How will this be , since I am a virgin "

Jesus' birth was an act of divinity - the power of the SUPERnatural . Ever wondered why its called the SUPERnatural ? Because its beyond nature and Jesus' birth right there is a great example .

Puny brains overheating already ?

So how was Jesus the MESSIAH? It was prophesied that the Messiah would be from David's line. Mary wasn't.
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:23am On Jan 17, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

So how was Jesus the MESSIAH? It was prophesied that the Messiah would be from David's line. Mary wasn't.

grin

Sunday School 101 ?

Joseph was . At least technically He was Joseph's son in the eyes of the Jews and from David's line . The woman's line is not considered - you know this
Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin

Sunday School 101 ?

Joseph was . At least technically He was Joseph's son in the eyes of the Jews and from David's line . The woman's line is not considered - you know this
Sunday School 100 says the Messiah would be from David's line by blood, not by adoption.
David begat Solomon, who begat blah bla, who begat Joseph, the husband of Mary
By DNA, Jesus, if he existed, had no claim to being the Messiah.

Tbh, the true miracle would have been Joseph giving birth to Jesus, since women are nothing but mere ribs in the eyes of the Lord.

I believe Joseph was a poor unsuccessful farmer. As we can see today, not all who are born from wealthy families are able to hit or surpass the heights achieved be their forebears. For some, the burden is too much to bear.
So poor Joseph leaves his family, and moves towards Nazarene, a poor lowly village in the middle of nowhere. Unfortunately, he continued to suffer from inferiority complex and couldn't muster the courage to talk to the ladies. Day and night, masturbation after masturbation, this sad story of despair produced a man with no courage and lacking in self-esteem.
In comes Mary, a 14 year old virgin from South Naza, Nazareth. Southie Babe, hot, young and sexy. And quite inquisitive. They meet after one of the evening services at the synagogue; under a mustard tree where love stories are born..
Joseph tore that pussy up so good, she began to speak in tongues. And when their feelings had been exhausted, they remembered the Law of Moses and the great punishment to be meted out for their actions.

Thus, began the greatest tale ever sold.

3 Likes

Re: Understanding Christianity : Out Of Eden by Charlesdock(m): 3:13pm On Jan 17, 2016
*runs into thread. Image thanks for replying those pple. You guys just lyk criticizing God. Na Adam we go blame much. I can't really blame you. I cor. 1:18 for the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved is the power of God. I love you guys, you're all fulfilling the scripture grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do You Want To Be Remembered When You Are Gone? / When You Attend The Feast Of A Great King / Why Is Immorality Common Among Some Men Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.