Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,480 members, 7,816,134 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? (36881 Views)

Women, How Do You Feel When You Love A Man But Can't Tell Him? / Nigerian Lady Slams Women Who Won't For Once, Have Sex With A Guy & Tell Him Off / Tell Him I Love Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? by omaigala12(m): 6:28am On Jan 31, 2016
Amberon:
we have a very similar situation. My bf who happens to be my best friend persisted and disturbed me for years, I finally gave in but I don't love him one bit. The thing is that he's crazy about me, before we started dating we'd sleep over at each other's houses a couple of times but he never touched me nor asked for sex. up till this day, he hasn't asked me for sex.

he's cute, dresses very very very well, neat and treats me like an angel. I told him countlessly that I didn't love him and couldn't date him but he came back begging and vowed that he must marry me. He even told everyone that we're engaged....

Anyways I made a promise to stick with him even tho I don't love him, after all the one I used to love didn't treat me well.

PS: before someone starts saying sh!t, I'm not dating him for money. I know I won't fall in love again, so I gave in simply because he loves and cherishes me, he's purpose driven and has good qualities which so many men lack. he also advises me like a sister.
wot more can u ask for
Re: How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? by omaigala12(m): 6:34am On Jan 31, 2016
pamellla:

u don't date someone out of pity...ur NO should be ur NO! I won't be surprised if in the next few years u com here on NL nd start ranting bout the downfall of ur marriage (I forbid it tho) cox ts crystal clear u don't love d dude, u are only trying to put up with him coz of his persistence...marriage is a challenging institution, you have to think twice bfo venturing into it.
as gud as dis advice sounds ...sis u beta grab DAT dude with four hands.. if he has all dis qualities u mentioned.. if u let him go u myt not find som1 lyk him again he is ur best friend..u said it ur self DT u can nva fall in love again(don't blv DAT sha..u can't predict love) so y not gv some one u knw very well a chance and its certain for u to be best friends u must av crossed d "like stage" so just hold on and wait for d "love" stage
Re: How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? by omaigala12(m): 6:44am On Jan 31, 2016
malele:

Felling in love with any girl is a big mistake.
One should only fall for the wife
and how do u fall fall for ur wife if u don't fall for her as a girl first
Re: How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? by P0intBlank(m): 6:45am On Jan 31, 2016
Amberon:
@ the bolded - exactly, but I think it's the same for both males and females tho.

yeah, I'm sticking with him tho. He recently told me of his dream where we got married and had a baby girl, lol.

@ Bolded That's so cool. There's a lot to love about him. As for it being the same with both males and females, I'm not so sure. At least for me, if I'm in love I can tell you why I am in love. Maybe because men are more logical. Moreover, I don't fall in love, I grow into it.
Re: How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? by lovemaths(f): 6:55am On Jan 31, 2016
Too much jambites in the house. Babe just tell him the truth and you will be set free. Valentine is around the corner.
Re: How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? by davidif: 7:48am On Jan 31, 2016
Amberon:
we have a very similar situation. My bf who happens to be my best friend persisted and disturbed me for years, I finally gave in but I don't love him one bit. The thing is that he's crazy about me, before we started dating we'd sleep over at each other's houses a couple of times but he never touched me nor asked for sex. up till this day, he hasn't asked me for sex.

he's cute, dresses very very very well, neat and treats me like an angel. I told him countlessly that I didn't love him and couldn't date him but he came back begging and vowed that he must marry me. He even told everyone that we're engaged....

Anyways I made a promise to stick with him even tho I don't love him, after all the one I used to love didn't treat me well.

PS: before someone starts saying sh!t, I'm not dating him for money. I know I won't fall in love again, so I gave in simply because he loves and cherishes me, he's purpose driven and has good qualities which so many men lack. he also advises me like a sister.

Wow!!!!! So you are dating someone out of pity? You do know that its possible to like someone and not love them right?? For goodness sakes, love cannot be forced! Na wa for una naija people.
When would you people learn that not everyone you meet in life is for dating??
Re: How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? by davidif: 7:51am On Jan 31, 2016
firstking01:
@ op, no mind all these bashers...my take is...dnt sign off yet...give it time...love grows...try to look @those lil aspect of his life u admire....truth is, smtin must have attracted you to him in the first place, look more into that tin...a relationship that started like this always end great...allow the love to grow...instant love or love @ firstsight neva works, it fades away with time...i'd categorically tell you that if you go into a relationship because you love the person, i bet the love will diminish with time...relationship is much more than just love.

Wow!!!!! So you are dating someone out of pity?
You do know that its possible to like someone and not love them right?? For goodness sakes, love cannot be forced! Na wa for una naija people.
Re: How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? by Smartguy001(m): 8:19am On Jan 31, 2016
Helloflife:
Is it that none of you nairalanders have ever been in this situation before,i need advice and not insults.

Clears throat *** see dis kind girl o, we no dey go out wit babe wen we no love nah...so I go dey friend person wen I no fit tell I love u angry...is dat not stupidity sori if I insult u but is d truth grin
Re: How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? by firstking01(m): 8:29am On Jan 31, 2016
davidif:

Wow!!!!! So you are dating someone out of pity?
You do know that its possible to like someone and not love them right?? For goodness sakes, love cannot be forced! Na wa for una naija people.
my brother, love is a mystery...there's nothing like loving somebody outa pity...

Love appreciates with time...
So many couples today who are married never loved themselves initially, but as time and nature may have it...they are the best of couples today, i 've read and heard testimonies brother.
Re: How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? by pamellla(f): 8:34am On Jan 31, 2016
sunday2012:
teacher tell us yur status b4 advising someone are u into it already. I mean are u married already. If nt love can grow everybdy she has done well having seeing that no one has crossed theline mark the man she dint love left on her
FYI am not married....but I jst can't comprehend ur statement.
Re: How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? by pamellla(f): 8:39am On Jan 31, 2016
omaigala12:
as gud as dis advice sounds ...sis u beta grab DAT dude with four hands.. if he has all dis qualities u mentioned.. if u let him go u myt not find som1 lyk him again he is ur best friend..u said it ur self DT u can nva fall in love again(don't blv DAT sha..u can't predict love) so y not gv some one u knw very well a chance and its certain for u to be best friends u must av crossed d "like stage" so just hold on and wait for d "love" stage
wanna believe dis is meant for d OP....
Re: How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? by spiralwedge(m): 9:36am On Jan 31, 2016
Amberon:

Please don't open thread after he finally weds someone else.

Your mumu get part 2. I dey pity u already smh.
Re: How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? by EmmyDe25(m): 11:47am On Jan 31, 2016
Helloflife:
Please, i want you all to know i didn't date him for money or any other material gain but because i needed a soulmate at that point in time.

Lalasticlala please i need more valuable advice.
JUST SAY IT....You needed a rebound guy and he came in handy. QED
Re: How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? by pussyphilia(m): 12:39pm On Jan 31, 2016
Better tell him on time so the guy can go get himself a better and reasonable babe!

But make sure you will not come back here and start bugging us to help you out with clues on how to get back your ex.

No time!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? by truthisbittar12: 1:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
JUST try and tell him your ex disturbing you to
accept him back and u are compuse.
he will ask u if u still love ur ex just
answer him by telling him to give u a break
then from there u are a woman u knw
hw to deal with rest.
but be careful as some men cant give up
in relationship. for more advise call this
number i want to kn hw your move is.
07039334554'
Re: How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? by Amberon: 3:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
nothing my dear, nothing.
omaigala12:
wot more can u ask for
Re: How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? by Amberon: 3:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
I don't converse with low-lives. Get a brain!
engrhorla:

No worry..just they thr till ya papa put ya ad for www.olx.com

Next u go hear go be 'buy her'...

I no even knw say plenty pple don tok sense to ya brain b4...no leave d guy o

He go soon see better pikin wey go dey use doremifaso la to sing 'I love u' day and nite....
Re: How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? by olac21(m): 4:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
Someone's giving you an advice but you are talking about low-live!best of luck
Re: How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? by engrhorla(m): 5:11pm On Jan 31, 2016
Amberon:
I don't converse with low-lives. Get a brain!

Unknown to u, am trying to help u!

Even if u ar so ugly, u can still find love. I swear.

Truth is bitter but I gotta say it...we live for a reason..go for someone you love

Shikena..se fini..lobatan..that's all..le compre!
Re: How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? by SenatorJames(m): 10:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
@op, i will advise you to be patient with him, things may change with time, but after few months without changes, you can allow him to move on.
Re: How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? by mumtobe: 10:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
Helloflife:
We started dating last year november.
We haven't gone intimate yet and he doesn't even pressurize me.
Truth is, i don't love him, and i think i made a mistake accepting to date him.
I've found out we have literally nothing in common.

Throughout our relationship, i've never said the word "i love you" to him.
He called last night and asked me if i love him and i couldn't give a direct answer cause i didn't want him to get hurt.

Dear romancelanders, whats the best way i could tell him how i really feel?

Did you just starting dating him in November or you were friends with him before dating? I don't understand why you accepted dating him when you know you didn't love him? Maybe you just met him november and rushed into dating cos it's like the norm
Re: How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? by davidif: 2:25pm On Feb 01, 2016
firstking01:
my brother, love is a mystery...there's nothing like loving somebody outa pity...

Love appreciates with time...
So many couples today who are married never loved themselves initially, but as time and nature may have it...they are the best of couples today, i 've read and heard testimonies brother.

Well the same argument can be made against marrying someone out of pity. There are many people today who are married that are miserable and are simply just enduring or managing. The fact that they are still together doesn't mean the quality of there relationship is good so please miss me with that nonsense that "they are the best couples today".
The fact of the matter is that everyone's story and situation is different from the other so there is no single formula for everyone to follow. So please abeg, stop telling people to settle.
Re: How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? by firstking01(m): 2:55pm On Feb 01, 2016
davidif:

Well the same argument can be made against marrying someone out of pity. There are many people today who are married that are miserable and are simply just enduring or managing. The fact that they are still together doesn't mean the quality of there relationship is good so please miss me with that nonsense that "they are the best couples today".
The fact of the matter is that everyone's story and situation is different from the other so there is no single formula for everyone to follow. So please abeg, stop telling people to settle.
my brother, love will and can never guarantee good marriage...take it or leapfrog it...it's what i 've experienced, nobi say them say.
Re: How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? by ceejeck(m): 10:50pm On Feb 27, 2023
Helloflife:

He called last night and asked me if i love him and i couldn't give a direct answer cause i didn't want him to get hurt.

And now, another guy is taking you for a ride.

I feel you should calm down, take a retrospective thought about your life and you would find an answer.
Re: How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? by Stargurl20(f): 6:09am On Feb 28, 2023
I broke up of recent with someone because of this reason as well. I find it obligatory to reciprocate his energy which should have come naturally. He so caring and according to him, he loves me, but I don't want to hurt him and the fear of not have feelings for himade me do so
Re: How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? by Dshocker(m): 6:16am On Feb 28, 2023
Helloflife:

How much has he spent on you, since you guys started dating officially?

Re: How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? by Dshocker(m): 6:31am On Feb 28, 2023
Amberon:

"He advises me like a sister".... Sister kee you there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Spiritual Father In Osun Kisses His Wife Deeply To Mark Valentine / Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? / Why I Vowed Never to get married ( A Nairalander)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.