Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? (4553 Views)

“boyfriend That Can't Be Paying His Girl N100k As Salary, Is Not A Boyfriend” / Man Takes Lady Out To The Movies, Goes On Twitter To Rant, Her Response Is Epic / Best Times To Ask A Lady Out And Get A Yes Faster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Cutehector(m): 11:02pm On Jan 29, 2016
tosyne2much:
When will our ladies start using their brains to think? I don't just get the morale of this story. So because you volunteered to help pay his fare automatically puts him a position to keep shut and be ashamed of himself ? If he paid your won fare and tried to woo you, I would have said his brain needs formatting but according your story, you paid his fare which is a different case

Often times, I have paid fare for ladies I barely knew without the intention of asking for their phone numbers afterward. But in a situation like this, if a lady who barely knows me pays my fare, this rare act of generousity can ensnare her to me, hence, wanting to know more of her
no u dnt want to knw more of her.. what do u say wen someoned does good to you?

Thank you.. dats the word.. nothing more. cheesy
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by tommychow(m): 11:08pm On Jan 29, 2016
Leriebloom, I don't get. If he paid for you, he would be allowed to ask you out? Or did he look too low-class to ask you out? Elaborate.

Maybe you should look at it differently though. What if he's a loaded guy but he had no cash on him, then he decided to ask you out to show appreciation for paying for him? He might be that rich guy you've been dreaming of. Humble yourself!
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by tosyne2much(m): 11:12pm On Jan 29, 2016
Cutehector:
no u dnt want to knw more of her.. what do u say wen someoned does good to you?

Thank you.. dats the word.. nothing more. cheesy
I don't just know what the ladies really want. A guy pays the fare of a lady and tries to engage her in a conversation, she will say the dude is taking advantage of her. A lady on the other hand pays the fare of a dude and the dude is fascinated by her kindness and generousity and can't but want to know more of her yet she says the dude should be afraid of himself.

Can you now see that these species are just confused? cool

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Leriebloom(f): 11:24pm On Jan 29, 2016
tommychow:
Leriebloom, I don't get. If he paid for you, he would be allowed to ask you out? Or did he look too low-class to ask you out? Elaborate.

Maybe you should look at it differently though. What if he's a loaded guy but he had no cash on him, then he decided to ask you out to show appreciation for paying for him? He might be that rich guy you've been dreaming of. Humble yourself!
Lolz, i still would av passed on that giving d situation, loaded or not. "Humble myself"?? , excuse me, what gave u d idea that i wasn't being humble just because i didnt give the guy my contact. And for ur information i am not looking for an already made man so u can keep ur assumptions, thank you.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Cutehector(m): 11:34pm On Jan 29, 2016
tosyne2much:
I don't just know what the ladies really want. A guy pays the fare of a lady and tries to engage her in a conversation, she will say the dude is taking advantage of her. A lady on the other hand pays the fare of a lady and the dude is fascinated by her kindness and generousity and can't but want to know more of her yet she says the dude should be afraid of himself.

Can you now see that these species are just confused? cool
my brother, the confusion started wen eve ate d fruit of confusion grin

Lol wah I do is dis... I dnt even ask for anythn at all.. see if a babe wants ya number, she will ask u.. dats just it. Even if you dnt ask, she will be like, hey u ddnt ask for my number.. just smile and gv to her.

If na me be dah Bros, walahi, I for tell am thank u very much, Waka my way.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by ronald4lif(m): 11:36pm On Jan 29, 2016
tosyne2much:
When will our ladies start using their brains to think? I don't just get the morale of this story. So because you volunteered to help a dude pay his fare automatically puts him in a position to keep his mouth shut and be ashamed of himself ? If he paid your own fare all in a bid to woo you, I would have said his brain needs formatting but according to your story, you paid the fare of a stranded brother at your own discretion which is totally a different case

Often times, I have paid fare for ladies I barely knew without any intention of asking for their phone numbers afterwards; in fact, I won't even look at them twice. But in a situation like this, if a lady who barely knows me pays my fare, this rare act of generousity and kindness can ensnare her to me, hence, strike an inquisitive convo with her wanting to know more of her

TheSonOf Mark and Ronald 4lif, where art thou ?
cool

Egbon mi, what you said it's accurate. Guys are use to paying ladies tfare and for a lady to pay for a guy's tfare is rare and like you rightly said it's capable of making the guy curious to know her. I'd already convey same opinion to the OP before now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by tommychow(m): 11:40pm On Jan 29, 2016
Leriebloom:

Lolz, i still would av passed on that giving d situation, loaded or not. "Humble myself"?? , excuse me, what gave u d idea that i wasn't being humble just because i didnt give the guy my contact. And for ur information i am not looking for an already made man so u can keep ur assumptions, thank you.

Listen, I'm not here to castigate you. That's just how you came off; that you found him cheap for being incapable of paying for his own transport fare and still had the ballz to ask you out. And I implied you can't validate his ability to provide for you as your boyfriend because of that single incident. Reason I said "humble yourself". I was just following your lead. If I misinterpreted, my bad.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Leriebloom(f): 11:45pm On Jan 29, 2016
tommychow:

Listen, I'm not here to castigate you. That's just how you came off; that you found him cheap for being incapable of paying for his own transport fare and still had the ballz to ask you out. And I implied you can't validate his ability to provide for you as your boyfriend because of that single incident. Reason I said "humble yourself". I was just following your lead. If I misinterpreted, my bad.
Ohkay.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by tommychow(m): 11:49pm On Jan 29, 2016
ronald4lif:

Egbon mi, what you said it's accurate. Guys are used to paying ladies tfare and for a lady to pay for a guy's tfare is rare and like you rightly said it's capable of making the guy curious to know her. I'd already convey same opinion to the OP before now.

Same happened to me when I was serving. This BBW cheerfully paid for my fare. It was so unreal and I felt obliged to yan this rare chick. Unfortunately, I was too skinny to handle a BBW so I let it slide. Lol.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by tosyne2much(m): 11:53pm On Jan 29, 2016
Cutehector:
my brother, the confusion started wen eve ate d fruit of confusion grin

Lol wah I do is dis... I dnt even ask for anythn at all.. see if a babe wants ya number, she will ask u.. dats just it. Even if you dnt ask, she will be like, hey u ddnt ask for my number.. just smile and gv to her.

If na me be dah Bros, walahi, I for tell am thank u very much, Waka my way.
I just don't know why some people tend to look down on those they render financial assistance. As I have said earlier, I still don't know the lesson the OP wants us to learn from this story
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Cutehector(m): 11:57pm On Jan 29, 2016
tosyne2much:
I just don't know why some people tend to look down on those they render financial assistance. As I have said earlier, I still don't know the lesson the OP wants us to learn from this story
lol just ignore... she sef is confused. Ah dnt take topics from d ladies dat serious, especially wen it's got to do with stuffs like this. Ah just see and smh.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by ronald4lif(m): 12:35am On Jan 30, 2016
tommychow:

Same happened to me when I was serving. This BBW cheerfully paid for my fare. It was so unreal and I felt obliged to yan this rare chick. Unfortunately, I was too skinny to handle a BBW so I let it slide. Lol.

Lol. You for lash am na guy, via the d*g*y way. That's usually the best tactics to handle BBW for slender guys like us. lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by tommychow(m): 1:35am On Jan 30, 2016
ronald4lif:

Lol. You for lash am na guy, via the d*g*y way. That's usually the best tactics to handle BBW for slender guys like us. lipsrsealed

Hahaha. Okay next time.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by drmikeadams(m): 8:40am On Feb 01, 2016
Tolution1:

That's how they'll miss their future husband. They won't know he came and they chased him away.. grin

;
make I run comot for here before person report me cool

Check ya mail @PushMusic grin grin tommorrow na so pastor go tell am say na winch from their great great grand father dey delay em marriage.....ordinary 50 naira transport fare wey em pay for my nigga... grin grin

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by fF01(m): 9:21pm On Feb 01, 2016
Eveezy:
as I came down frm d bus nd decided to pay, she had quickly paid d bus driver nd said I shuldnt worry, nd I was like "no no, u dey try yab me?"
hahaha, dis guy funny sha!
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Tolution1: 3:41am On Feb 03, 2016
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Kriszzy01: 5:37am On Feb 03, 2016
ronald4lif:

Hmmm you're just being presuppositional and aren't certain his advances was designed to take advantage of your charitable gesture. Asking you out after offsetting his tfare doesn't imply he's baleful.

Has it occurred to you that your rare act of benevolent towards him, especially as a lady, might have ensnared you to his heart and his intentions were genuine?
Uv got a point. But i think many ladies wud get wrong impressns. D guy shud have realisd dis nd fashnd out a smova move.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Olasco93: 6:55am On Feb 03, 2016
Leriebloom:

So many people dont see this as nothing, i dnt see anything wrong in helping a stranger out. But today after entering a bus and meeting a guy who asked me to pay his transport (after which i did), this guy started asking me out. Inside a bus. After paying his transport. No shame. That's a real big turn off. So pls guys what do u think.
What if you find out that he was just stranded that particular day, and he is really not the ''poor or lazy'' type and after turning him down, you discovered he is the fellow to interview you in the organization where you had earlier submitted your CV?
There are some things that happen to us not knowing they are blessing in disguise.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Youngpo413: 6:55pm On Feb 26, 2016
Leriebloom:

Tnk u
I cld tell it wsnt mainly bcoz he was moved or overwhelmed with emotion, he wanted sth more, frm d way he spoke he made it pretty obvious.
I'm sure he was very handsome,SOME cute guys always act this way.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Youngpo413: 7:04pm On Feb 26, 2016
sickstars:

Tank u smiley we are happy nd lonely
You have a great sense of humor,I like that.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 26, 2016
Youngpo413:
You have a great sense of humor,I like that.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy tank you
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by decollex(m): 10:39am On Feb 27, 2016
Hell NO.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by 3rdlegxxx(m): 7:46pm On Feb 29, 2016
coolSo dear if I asked you to pay my T-fair, you won't agree to go out with me again abi, ah! ah! That's not fair na cool
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Leriebloom(f): 8:00pm On Feb 29, 2016
3rdlegxxx:
coolSo dear if I asked you to pay my T-fair, you won't agree to go out with me again abi, ah! ah! That's not fair na cool
Lolz.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by 3rdlegxxx(m): 8:12pm On Feb 29, 2016
Leriebloom:

Lolz.
angry
Leriebloom:

Lolz.
am not laughing with u ooo, I'm really hurt right now, answer na, so we won't go again abi and I was thinking of asking u to borrow me money b4, so that is how u would told everybody about me abi, hehehehe just teasing oo
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Leriebloom(f): 8:15pm On Feb 29, 2016
3rdlegxxx:
angry am not laughing with u ooo, I'm really hurt right now, answer na, so we won't go again abi and I was thinking of asking u to borrow me money b4, so that is how u would told everybody about me abi, hehehehe just teasing oo
And i thought you were serious.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by 3rdlegxxx(m): 8:21pm On Feb 29, 2016
Leriebloom:
And i thought you were serious.
I was na, anyways what's good
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Leriebloom(f): 8:23pm On Feb 29, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

I was na, anyways what's good
Nothing really. Trying to kill boredom.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guys Can Be So Annoying!!! (true Experience) / Guys Only: Which Nairalander Will you like to see her unclothedness? / What Is The Average joystick Size ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.