Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle (80421 Views)

When Whistle-Blowing Is More Lucrative Than Being A Governor (Hilarious Photos) / Nigerian Soldiers Remove Bombs From Damaturu-biu Road / We Are Shock That Kaduna Gov. Has Stop Feeding Muslim In Ramadan - Sheikh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by patrickkkk: 12:15pm On Jan 10, 2016
almujeebe:

And BH are using Hilux van, why can't goverment ban using of Hilux van in Nigeria?.

let me ask u 2 questions?

- Are u defending religion?
OR

- Are u defending security?

Remember that u need to b alive to practise your religion.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by igboboy3(m): 12:16pm On Jan 10, 2016
arewafederation:

You are not in a position to say what is or is not the truth on this matter.

I am in position to state the facts. Facts which you seem so determined to ignore.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by manutdadex(m): 12:17pm On Jan 10, 2016
geesilver:

What happen when the boko boys uses military uniform to perpetrate their evil. Should the uniform be ban too? Pls answer this.
stricter measures can be employd in controling d loss and use of miltary uniforms...and every one of those uniforms were stolen frm dead soldiers.

But an ijab that can b bought anywhere....so dont compare....as a Christian if am asked to leave my bible because of security reason i will gladly drop because d bible is not important but d words in it...which i carry abt in my heart...so also dignity is not in ur clothing but ur heart which wat God looks at

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by jomoh: 12:17pm On Jan 10, 2016
aribisala0:
We are not discussing Christianity here ,I am not a Christian or Christian apologist so let us not go into irrelevant distractions. You assume everyone who challenges you must be Christian and that offers a ready made alibi to avoid facing the issues. The issue is that someone claimed Hijab is mandated by the Quran. IS THAT TRUE OR FALSE? I did not make the claim I only responded to it!!
Why not throw in Hinduism and Ifa and such like they are absolutely irrelevant . What do you mean by Original Bible is that something different from the Bible we all know on the internet and what is the relevance here None of those things you mentioned has to do with public law and security so do not argue speciously.

First I never assumed you're a christian or an apologist. I was only pointing at something that is obviously lost on you.

Christian is not a word in the Bible but it was implied. "Followers of christ"

Hijab as a word was not mentioned in the Quran but it was implied. Anything used to cover your head as a muslim woman is called Hijab in Arabic. Veil in English. We now have different kinds of veil/Hijab from the short to the long. All having their Arabic names.

And YES Hijab/veil/head covering is mandated in the Quran and the Bible.

YES again the Original Bible is largely different from the ones being carried around today.

www.catholiceducation.org/en/culture/catholic-contributions/the-missing-books-of-the-bible.html

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bd/lost-books?lang=eng

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bible_verses_not_included_in_modern_translations

www.remnantofgod.org/b-bibles.htm

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by aribisala0(m): 12:18pm On Jan 10, 2016
Surely it cannot be so hard to find an Ayah in the Quran where women are commanded to cover their entire bodies?
Why Did Turkey Iran and Tunisia ban Hijabs at one time or the other?
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by INTROVERT(f): 12:18pm On Jan 10, 2016
olaitan9291:

why not your mother dress like marry? mother of Jesus if you a Christian. and like wife of prophet if you are a Muslim. but I doubt it, you are not a Muslim.

The bible encourages women all around the world to dress decently.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by richeso: 12:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
nawaoo.. so other people wey no be muslim dey waka "Unclothedness"

why our presido pikin no cover her face like ninja ? because all time i see her na open face oo

proof..see difference..

is different from this
[img]https:///a62a6ae48db5d37769794441869391e4.png[/img]

Nigeria own

[img]https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS14e3y9vEHJ8yWP1GbK6tTBkKv322c5NwDBm9Uodxem7yQ9Dp3dQ[/img]

make una no dey complain of bombings since una no see any reasons to temporally halt the usage. it doesn't stop you from being a Muslim nor either expose your person.

No fight.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by 4watever: 12:23pm On Jan 10, 2016
hertheytheydgee:
Key words
*forcefully *stop *harass
Being a Muslim is not a sin
Yes it is
Living a copycat life is a sin.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by noblegrex: 12:24pm On Jan 10, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Last I checked, nobdy has forced u or ur sisters to dress like that! Its simply a mata of choice! Hmmm? Get that?
God forbid,what a BAD choice. Such a LOCAL and primitive mode of dressing.its so unwise.DAMN
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:24pm On Jan 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Well, it is against the right of wearers of hijab to ban their veil. It is an established fact that the hijab is worn through the personal choice of the wearer even if it is religiously influenced. As such, it falls under the right to personal liberty. Hijab can't be banned except the government can prove that their is a correlation between Hijab and suicide bombing...this will be pretty difficult.

help me tell all those religious bigots on NL that a suicide vest is not necessarily big and could easily be worn by anybdy wit I little bogus attire! Here is a picture of one

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by abimic(m): 12:25pm On Jan 10, 2016
Donald trump once said he was going to stop Muslims from entering US should he be elected US president. Be that as it may, the ban of the veil shouldn't be one sided and loop sided too, will not wearing hijab be a sin? Would it be against the doctrine and tenets taught by Quran? If it doesn't, we should be calm with it. Moreover, majority of those in the military and the top echelons in FG are Muslims who surely know Quran than many of us and have travelled wide to predominantly different Muslim and Christian Nations. Recently, pockets of suicide bombers hide under the veil to unleash mayhem on unsuspecting Nigerians beyond religion and tribe, one who leads to different degrees of injuries and mostly death. Anything to bring peace to the North I support be it the ban on hijab if surely it would make us be hopeful that there would be light at the end of the tunnel. Should because land mines are fixed on ground, FG should ban ground? Some people should get reasonable abeg. We should learn to be tolerant and flexible in this country for us to achieve this dream of our founding fathers.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by maasoap(m): 12:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
Islam is a major religion in Nigeria, no shaking on the use of hijab. Quote me anywhere, anytime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by aribisala0(m): 12:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
jomoh:

First I never assumed you're a christian or an apologist. I was only pointing at something that is obviously lost on you.

Hijab as a word was not mentioned in the Quran but it was implied. Anything used to cover your head as a muslim woman is called Hijab in Arabic. Veil in English. We now have different kinds of veil/Hijab from the short to the long. All having their Arabic names.

YES again the Original Bible is largely different from the ones being carried around today.

www.catholiceducation.org/en/culture/catholic-contributions/the-missing-books-of-the-bible.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bible_verses_not_included_in_modern_translations

Your English is bad . A veil covers the face and is NOT the head it is not the same as HIJAB
HIJAB is an Arabic word so surely if Allah meant to communicate about HIJAB he would use that word

Why is it that the word HIJAB does not appear in the Quran
If the Original Bible is different why bring that up here and TO ME why and how is it relevant TO ME or to the subject at hand if you acknowledge that I am not a Christian.

Do you have a copy of the Original Bible that we can share here otherwise what is the purpose of bringing it up here othere than to change and broaden the subject at hand in a dishonest and disingenuous way why not bring up the Original works of Shakespeare or Mozart.
You are a confusionist with no reasonable argument.
Christianity,Christian Bibles fake and Original are NOT RELEVANT here any more than the original works of Fela Anikulapo Kuti so please try and talk as if you went to some kind of school.

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by ERAKAMUS: 12:28pm On Jan 10, 2016
jomoh:

Kindly reference the book or site you read it from.

And you claim to hold a masters degree?

What a shame. At this age and time a masters degree holder still believe the trash that Hijab --that is well known all over the world as a core muslim mode of dressing-- is the culture of some people in some region.

You people still do not get it.

Islam is more than a religion.

Islam is a culture, a tradition, a way of living life. Not just a religion you pick up anytime you like.

Islam tells you what to do, when to do it, how to do it reason why you should do it. In short, Islam is an Ideology that teaches how God wants us to live not how we want to live.

If you can't stand for something you will fall for anything

I stand for ISLAM

BTW Is the woman in the picture below also protecting herself from desert winds?
In the 80s,70s e.t.c are you saying there are no muslem sisters then or its a new Law now?
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by aribisala0(m): 12:30pm On Jan 10, 2016
jomoh:

You are pointing something that is lost on me? Of what relevance is this shortcoming in my knowledge here?
I could equally point out that it is lost on you that Ewedu is better than Okro. Interesting but absolutely irrelevant .
We are not discussing Christianity or Comparative religion so it has no value . There are millions of things that are LOST ON ME
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by jmaine: 12:31pm On Jan 10, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
help me tell all those religious bigots on NL that a suicide vest is not necessarily big and could easily be worn by anybdy wit I little bogus attire! Here is a picture of one

Weak attempt, Banning the hijab will reduce the success of the attacks since planning will need specific personnel to make an attack fool proof. Not just any male suicide bomber adorning the Hijab to either cause havoc or engage in surveillance activities . . . .

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by patrickkkk: 12:32pm On Jan 10, 2016
geesilver:

What happen when the boko boys uses military uniform to perpetrate their evil. Should the uniform be ban too? Pls answer this.

Putting on military uniform with out you being a military officer is prohibited in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 10, 2016
SirJeffry:
And so? Why the fuss? Since those that perpetrate the act of suicide bombings hide under the cover of hijab, soldiers removing them isn't a bad but precautionary measure.undecided

So dumb!
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by tayebest(m): 12:35pm On Jan 10, 2016
Akanbiedu:
I think Mr. President was not careful enough while answering the hijab question during his last media chat. He clearly succumbed to blackmail.

Now every id!ot is going to take laws in his/her hands.

NO! The president was really careful, but in the case of not been biased and the drained question the journals are really squezing PMB, The president did not have any choice than to say that. And not to forget that is word he says is still in consederation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Elchappo: 12:35pm On Jan 10, 2016
All I know is that galz on Hijab during my Skool dayz re the BEST FVCKERS is skool then...
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by flokii: 12:35pm On Jan 10, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Ur analogy is wrong! Bomb and metal detectors can also be used for women in hijab! Its already in use in places like banks. Besides the suicide vest is small and can be worn under any free flowing gab! BH only is really bent on tarnishing the name Islam!

we're well aware of the fact they're tarnishing the image of Islam just like ISIS Al queda and co..

buh then we're talking of Lives that are at stake here... drastic situations require drastic measures..

and moreover what are d muslims doing to save face. NOTHING

instead ya'll want them to pamper you all in d name of religion... so govt. shld do nothing isn't it?

m sure you're aware of d bill to ban Islam in European countries... and the votes are actually turning out large
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by AJOT99(m): 12:35pm On Jan 10, 2016
hertheytheydgee:
Key words

*forcefully
*stop
*harass

Being a Muslim is not a sin

I hear you but do u know it has been banned in Belgium
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by arewafederation: 12:36pm On Jan 10, 2016
igboboy3:

I am in position to state the facts. Facts which you seem so determined to ignore.

Facts without empirical evidence is nonsense.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by AJOT99(m): 12:36pm On Jan 10, 2016
flokii:

we're well aware of the fact they're tarnishing the image of Islam just like ISIS Al queda and co..

buh then we're talking of Lives that are at stake here... drastic situations require drastic measures..

and moreover what are d muslims doing to save face. NOTHING

instead ya'll want them to pamper you all in d name of religion... so govt. shld do nothing isn't it?

m sure you're aware of d bill to ban Islam in European countries... and the votes are actually turning out large

Abi oo.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by ERAKAMUS: 12:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
jomoh:

Does these words appear in the Original Bible.

Christian
Church
Pastor
Reverend
Pope

Don't comment on things you don't know about. It will make you look like a bigot even if you were not.
You are just disturbing ya sef from your COMMENTS you are even a YORUBA MUSLEM

look for bera things to engage yasef in

Mteew

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by nike4love: 12:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
grin are they ninja or batman ??

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Junior66(m): 12:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
ysadiq:
my brother does that mean if an evil is carried out with khaki. is banning it nw the solution to such problem, pls let us see dis from the right side.
my broda, okada has benn banned in several state capitals due to its abuse for robbing in trafic and causing constant crashes/accidents. dey is nothing that cannot be banned. even phone networks were disrupted in the early days of boko haram to stop dem from communicatin even though it affected innocent citizens. wat can u say about that?

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by 4watever: 12:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
akinz4:
You are very senseless for saying Ijab wearing is a borrowed culture! I pitied you. How could you say that. It is Allah (S.W.T) Injunction in our Noble Quaran for the Muslim women to do that. Not your imagination from Asian country because of sound. Maybe because your religion has no guild as ours! Islam is a Way of Life. Be warned! You people will cos problem with what you are just trying to do.
ENEMY OF ISLAM -

Oh yes, it's a borrowed culture.
This is another example of the copy cat lifestyle your so called prophet lived.
Unfortunately, you people have refused to use your brain and emancipate yourselves

Your quoran was written approx 630 years after the birth of Christ.

But desert dwellers have been wearing it for thousands of years.

A little research would help you.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Has FG banned cars because terrorist carry bombs in motor vehicle?
...as an economist, comment like this one makes me laugh...HIJAB is a means to what ?....
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by zayyadoski(m): 12:41pm On Jan 10, 2016
This is nonsense, every body has the right to practice their religion in Nigeria and wearing of hijab is part of Islam.....

Abi the soldiers wan tell me say them dey use hijab put bomb for Lagos again ne, i no knw when Lagos turn to borno

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by aboto49(m): 12:41pm On Jan 10, 2016
SirJeffry:
And so? Why the fuss? Since those that perpetrate the act of suicide bombings hide under the cover of hijab, soldiers removing them isn't a bad but precautionary measure.undecided
Wen boko haram and armed robbers bin dey wear millitary uniform, y dem no ban am
Dey can't ban hijab its just impossible.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:41pm On Jan 10, 2016
Eronmosele:

You don't get it! It affects everyone. People don't feel safe boarding a plane with a passenger wearing hijab. It's that bad! It's more than choice now. It's becoming a psychological epidemic! And yes PMBs daughter can be a good reference point! She is in the spotlight as the daughter of the president plus she is a Muslim so what is the issue here? Don't you want to at least contribute to what might become a solution to this problem? In case you haven't noticed are you aware that it's someone's personal choice to be a terrorist, to kill people, to rape people, to behead people to rob? Personal choice my foot!!! Please please this is a serious matter, be serious abeg. When your personal choice begins to affect the very fabric of society negatively, you need to be accountable!
I guess evrone shud be banned from wearing shirts then since a suicide vest only requires a normal simple attire to cover it! I hope this responds well to ur analogy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Coronavirus: FG Tracing 4,370 People / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures / Organs Or Arms Of Government By Joel3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.