Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,816 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle (80424 Views)

When Whistle-Blowing Is More Lucrative Than Being A Governor (Hilarious Photos) / Nigerian Soldiers Remove Bombs From Damaturu-biu Road / We Are Shock That Kaduna Gov. Has Stop Feeding Muslim In Ramadan - Sheikh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Junior66(m): 1:56pm On Jan 10, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Ur analogy is wrong! Bomb and metal detectors can also be used for women in hijab! Its already in use in places like banks. Besides the suicide vest is small and can be worn under any free flowing gab! BH only is really bent on tarnishing the name Islam!
if u use metal detector on an actual suicide bomber, will you be alive to tell the story?

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by GeneralShepherd(m): 1:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
tonytony208:

What else does the government have to prove? Haven't there been cases of female suicide bombers hiding IED under hijab? Or where have you been in the past couple of years? Nigeria or space?

And other suicide bombers than wear Jean and shirt? Maybe we should all go naked!

The problem with supporting injustice is that it will always come back to hunt the supporters one way or the other. Support the ban of hijab today, who knows what will be banned tomorrow?
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by omeke12(m): 1:59pm On Jan 10, 2016
wabsod:
See my brother what I want you to understand is that, we can only have the bad people around us, there is know any religious that teaches bad behavior, when we are talking of religious I believed we three categories of religious, we have Christian, Islam and idol worship, non of these are teaching us bad characters.
yea you are right...except that ISLAM teaches its followers to kill the others....
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by babajero(m): 2:01pm On Jan 10, 2016
Aminat508:
Nice one kiss
going by your name you are a muslim, I have a question for you, are you educated? If yes how did you snap your passports or reveal your identity when writing exams except unless you are an illiterate which I see every mask wearing muslims to be. But mind you hijab is different from niqab, wearing a hijab is ok, but wearing a niqab is stupidity in the highest order.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Socketbet: 2:02pm On Jan 10, 2016
I want to see the picture of the woman
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by johnel2real(m): 2:04pm On Jan 10, 2016
[quote author=duullie88 post=41835132]Who send dem...dia mate dey sambisa(BH), dem go dey do anyhow

Wen boko haram and armed robbers bin dey wear millitary uniform, y dem no ban am
Dey can't ban hijab its just impossible...so make dem face more realistic problems[/quote
impossible abi, if hijabs is continuously used in suicide bombings, u will see the impossible becoming possible. National security is more important than any individual right.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by arewafederation: 2:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
Junior66:

becos it is the only body covering constantly associated with suicide bombing

We have other conventional objects associated with bombings, why only the hijab?
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by 2odd(m): 2:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
Junior66:

this kind lie on a sinday afternoon? that means everybody on earth is also a muslim
they don forget Sey we dey read ni.ask them y there are debate regarding the hijab
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Junior66(m): 2:06pm On Jan 10, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
help me tell all those religious bigots on NL that a suicide vest is not necessarily big and could easily be worn by anybdy wit I little bogus attire! Here is a picture of one
stop lying. this type of suicide waist pack is a ne invention. de one know to everybody all around the world and that is commonly used is weighty around the waist or chest. you cant wear a suicide vest on the normal shirts we wear around without being discovered. why do u tink suicide bombers wear the hijab if not to conceal the the additonal girth added to dia frame?
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Eronmosele(m): 2:07pm On Jan 10, 2016
wabsod:
See my brother what I want you to understand is that, we can only have the bad people around us, there is know any religious that teaches bad behavior, when we are talking of religious I believed we three categories of religious, we have Christian, Islam and idol worship, non of these are teaching us bad characters.
It depends on what bad behavior is to you. Take for example polygamy. It is taught by Islam but abhorred by Christianity. Your definition of having good and bad people around us as a broad classification makes sense to me. But we must come to that point where we truly define what a secular society is. Everytime I hear prayers said in public functions like the Senate I realise we have a very long way to go. Why can we make prayer and religion a matter of personal conviction and commitment? Is it compulsory to pray in public functions before and after meetings? For goodness sake! The next issue would be who should pray first or who prayed last and all that nonsense.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by christopher123(m): 2:07pm On Jan 10, 2016
But wait ..not wearing hijab is it a sin...will God look at hijab and forget the ckeaninliness of mind and soul

People are just petty

They should ban those hijab
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by babajero(m): 2:09pm On Jan 10, 2016
akinz4:
You are very senseless for saying Ijab wearing is a borrowed culture! I pitied you. How could you say that. It is Allah (S.W.T) Injunction in our Noble Quaran for the Muslim women to do that. Not your imagination from Asian country because of sound. Maybe because your religion has no guild as ours! Islam is a Way of Life. Be warned! You people will cos problem with what you are just trying to do.
ENEMY OF ISLAM -

My little understanding from reading is that it is a borrowed culture from other parts of the the world particularly the desert areas where "sand and dust storms" are prevalent as a way of protecting the face and body. I beleive that there are appropriate ways a Muslim lady can dress that can cover the body properly. We should not encourage extremism in the guise of religion.
. Mind you hijab is different from niqab where in qoran was niqab written, you can put on your hijab and look modest than to dress like a masquerade in a niqab. Even you that wrote this here if you see those women enter a bus or a taxi fear will not allow you to enter that same vehicle.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:15pm On Jan 10, 2016
The burqa is more of an issue than other hijabs, if we are talking about banning the burqa or other overflowing clothes am fine with that,other than that banning a face veil in the name of fighting terrorismqs like attacking a volcano with a bucket of water.
Why they at it ,ban bags and other voluminous clothing's too.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by 2busy: 2:15pm On Jan 10, 2016
duullie88:
Who send dem...dia mate dey sambisa(BH), dem go dey do anyhow

Wen boko haram and armed robbers bin dey wear millitary uniform, y dem no ban am
Dey can't ban hijab its just impossible...so make dem face more realistic problems

God bless u my brother for this analogy
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Junior66(m): 2:17pm On Jan 10, 2016
arewafederation:

We have other conventional objects associated with bombings, why only the hijab?
name those conventional objects. have okadas not been banned before? even public gatherings and public movements and protests. only that absolutely essential items cannot be banned. eg, food, water, vehicles, guns.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by aboto49(m): 2:19pm On Jan 10, 2016
omeke12:

nice point bro...I have Muslims around who haven't killed me yet but that doest mean I don't have people I know that haven't been killed by muslims
Toor shikenah u ar wlcm bro
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Nickymezor(f): 2:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
shadowgwalker:
I don't fancy this yeye idea!! it's lame. even if they tell us to where skinny or skimpy wears or even tell us to start walking naked, what makes them think these 'diehard killers ' won't device a new means of terrorizing?

my point is this, we should acquire an advanced tech that should scan people. There are facilities or equipment which could do all these.

This banning of religious wears no just make sense.
what happens when people start implanting mini -bombs beneath their skin?
Ur so on point... Grt suggestion bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by johnel2real(m): 2:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
ysadiq:
my brother does that mean if an evil is carried out with khaki. is banning it nw the solution to such problem, pls let us see dis from the right side.
continuously is the word, and yes. If crimes of such magnitude as terrorism is continuously carried out using khaki, wearing khaki should be a crime. What's wrong with u people? Is that veil(hijab) or whatever it is meant to cover, more important than the lives of beloved brothers, sister,fathers, mothers, sons and daughters of this great nation spilled on a daily basis with bombs concieled under that veil.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by MediaDeveloper(m): 2:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
omeke12:

"harmless"?? like seriously
...u are saying they should have waited and see if they would be bombed like others

What are you implying? if your sister wears an hijab does that mean she is caring bomb?

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by aboto49(m): 2:21pm On Jan 10, 2016
wabsod:
Thanks my brother in Islam, that is the big truth far from lie
u ar wlkm bro.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by duullie88(m): 2:22pm On Jan 10, 2016
2busy:

God bless u my brother for this analogy

Tank u sir....
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by duullie88(m): 2:25pm On Jan 10, 2016
[quote author=johnel2real post=41843051][/quote]

Bros ntn like that will happen... Make we #leavetrash4........... (U knw d rest) smiley
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by johnel2real(m): 2:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Has FG banned cars because terrorist carry bombs in motor vehicle?

since u are so clever, are cars not stopped and searched by soldiers and members of the police force? Why are u moaning about a woman in hijab being searched by soldiers?

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by bukster(f): 2:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Has FG banned cars because terrorist carry bombs in motor vehicle?
Yes the the FG has banned cars in Borno state for a short time period in order to combat Boko Haram
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-34345953

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by BetaThings: 2:28pm On Jan 10, 2016
omeke12:

"harmless"?? like seriously
...u are saying they should have waited and see if they would be bombed like others

And that would have made the ...th incident in Lagos, wouldn't it?

Boko Haram or not, some people just cannot stand the fact that there are Muslims in Nigeria
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by docconceptscom: 2:29pm On Jan 10, 2016
for security mointoring
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by BetaThings: 2:31pm On Jan 10, 2016
johnel2real:

since u are so clever, are cars not stopped and searched by soldiers and members of the police force? Why are u moaning about a woman in hijab being searched by soldiers?

There is no need for him to moan now. Are they not Nigerian women? Even if you grope a woman in Nigeria, it is nothing.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by babajero(m): 2:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
geesilver:

What happen when the boko boys uses military uniform to perpetrate their evil. Should the uniform be ban too? Pls answer this.
you are being so naïve, if you can recall they bound the military attire not to be worn by anybody who is not a military personnel not even musicians in their videos, and that was not done before the boko stupidity. So use your head.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by BetaThings: 2:35pm On Jan 10, 2016
babajero:
. Mind you hijab is different from niqab where in qoran was niqab written, you can put on your hijab and look modest than to dress like a masquerade in a niqab. Even you that wrote this here if you see those women enter a bus or a taxi fear will not allow you to enter that same vehicle.

To start with, there is no point discussing where things are in the Qur'an with you
Just like I don't expect knowledgeable Christians to fact check the Bible with me

The problem we have is ether bigotry or ignorance
The people who pleaded with the Soldiers in the story did not do what you are claiming
Islam shall remain, no matter what bigots think
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by johnel2real(m): 2:35pm On Jan 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Just as the car is useful to users of motor vehicle, so is the hijab useful to its wearers. Saying 80% of suicide bombers are on hijab doesn't prove that the ban of hijab will end terrorism/suicide bombing. It also does not prove that hijab aid suicide bombing.

As for cars, the Abuja Police Headquarter suicide bombing(2012) was done with a car. The UN bombing also with a car. The recent Iyanya bombing in Abuja was also with a car. The bombs are transported through cars and other vehicles. Boko Haram move around with cars. So should usage of cars be banned?

so stop complaining about ur hijab wearers being searched na. Cars carry bombs hijabs carry bombs both should be properly and thoroughly searched.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by vislabraye(m): 2:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
mars123:
ol boy how can you compare the usefulness of a car with a hijab? If 80% of suicide bombings are carried out by young girls covered in hijab, and these attacks continue, is it not wise to ban the hijab? abi you want the bombings to continue?

The attacks in the northeast affects Christians and Muslims alike, all Nigerians are affected. If it means banning the hijab, agbada, pant and bra to be a step ahead of the terrorists over there, I support it. Drastic times call for drastic measures. Nigeria is bigger than 1 religion.

To dey argue with such people dey tire me. Person wey no want use their head to think, wetin make we do ?
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by BetaThings: 2:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
johnel2real:

continuously is the word, and yes. If crimes of such magnitude as terrorism is continuously carried out using khaki, wearing khaki should be a crime. What's wrong with u people? Is that veil(hijab) or whatever it is meant to cover, more important than the lives of beloved brothers, sister,fathers, mothers, sons and daughters of this great nation spilled on a daily basis with bombs concieled under that veil.

When about 5 years ago, a Christian school teacher caned a Muslim girl in a Lagos public school 43 times for wearing Hijab after school hours but within the school premises, pray what was the reason?

Pure bigotry
Excuses upon excuses founded on hatred for Islam

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Coronavirus: FG Tracing 4,370 People / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures / Organs Or Arms Of Government By Joel3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.