Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle (80419 Views)

When Whistle-Blowing Is More Lucrative Than Being A Governor (Hilarious Photos) / Nigerian Soldiers Remove Bombs From Damaturu-biu Road / We Are Shock That Kaduna Gov. Has Stop Feeding Muslim In Ramadan - Sheikh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by babajero(m): 2:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
Basic123:
I am waiting for when Agbada and Nun head cover will be ban too.
have you ever seen a nun looking like a masquerade?

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Aminat508(f): 2:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by tsarhAYwhy(m): 2:42pm On Jan 10, 2016
zayyadoski:
This is nonsense, every body has the right to practice their religion in Nigeria and wearing of hijab is part of Islam.....

Abi the soldiers wan tell me say them dey use hijab put bomb for Lagos again ne, i no knw when Lagos turn to borno
Is it until Lagos turns to borno before it is banned?
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by babajero(m): 2:45pm On Jan 10, 2016
BetaThings:

To start with, there is no point discussing where things are in the Qur'an with you
Just like I don't expect knowledgeable Christians to fact check the Bible with me

The problem we have is ether bigotry or ignorance
The people who pleaded with the Soldiers in the story did not do what you are claiming
Islam shall remain, no matter what bigots think
whether islam remains or not it is non of my business, my only business is they should stop the stupidity perpetrated in the name of the islam.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by jomoh: 2:47pm On Jan 10, 2016
Junior66:

i tot u guys said mary mother of jesus also wore the hijab, and dat was lonh before islam came. was she a muslim too?

Long before Islam came? Hmm
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by arewafederation: 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
Junior66:

name those conventional objects. have okadas not been banned before? even public gatherings and public movements and protests. only that absolutely essential items cannot be banned. eg, food, water, vehicles, guns.

People should be banned from going to churches or mosque then.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 2:50pm On Jan 10, 2016
Ban the borrowed culture, Nigeria is for Nigerians.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by johnel2real(m): 2:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
Nickymezor:
Ur so on point... Grt suggestion bro.
since his suggestion is so great, maybe u should forward it to France, the US and other European countries who already banned the use of hijabs, and since they are so backword in technology, he can then maybe explain that great technology to them.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Junior66(m): 2:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
arewafederation:

is that a reasonable conclussion from what i said? haba!
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by tsarhAYwhy(m): 2:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
arewafederation:

Then why the fixation on hijab?
Because it is being used.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Eronmosele(m): 2:53pm On Jan 10, 2016
aboto49:
dats so rediculous of u can u tell me u dnt av Muslims arnd you or u av never come acros 1 in ur life? Why dnt dey kill you, B H, ISIS e t c ar all far away frm wat islam teachs, let me use dis verse of qur'an to ans u if u will accpt d truth" Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.
— trans. Yusuf Ali, Quran 2:256 " dis far far frm islam.
Aboto49, thank you for taking out time to respond. Please know that no question is ridiculous. And no one is ridiculous for asking a question. You need to be careful yourself, I can already see those 'signs' in the way you have responded to a simple question. Indeed I have met persons I can describe as excellent by my classification who are Muslims. Excellent moral standing and I think the president is one of such persons I hold in high esteem. I was born and brought up in the core north, Zazzau to be precise and I know a lot about these things. The problem is you never know when some of these Muslims with excellent moral standing turn around to behead you when the need arises! I'm telling you what happened not some story here. And if it's about verses from the Holy book I can cite many more that say otherwise. I'm expressing a fear and concern of the vast majority of non Muslims. It's like walking on a field with land mines! You don't know what you will say before they will declare your head wanted! What kind of thing is this now?!! People who did not even know Charle Hebdoo died for his 'sin' here in Africa. And these instances are countless. So go and think again about the rationality behind my question.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by arewafederation: 2:54pm On Jan 10, 2016
Junior66:

is that a reasonable conclussion from what i said? haba!

It's not to you, because you do not understand the importance of hijab to a Muslim woman.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by jomoh: 2:54pm On Jan 10, 2016
aribisala0:
can you get back to the subject and tell us which ayah mandates use of hijab

I hope you're satisfied and please stop arguing about Islam if you have no deep knowledge of it.

"O you Children of Adam! We have bestowed on you raiment to cover your shame as well as to be an adornment to you. But the raiment of righteousness, that is the best. Such are among the Signs of Allah, that they may receive admonition.” (Quran 7:26)

“And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what must ordinarily appear therof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, or their brothers' sons or their sisters' sons, or their women or the servants whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex, and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O you Believers, turn you all together towards Allah, that you may attain Bliss.” (Quran 24:31).

“O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad). That will be better, so that they may be recognised and not annoyed. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.” (Quran 33:59)
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by johnel2real(m): 2:56pm On Jan 10, 2016
arewafederation:

since in ur great wisdom recent bombings has targeted mostly churches and mosques right?
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by babajero(m): 2:56pm On Jan 10, 2016
arewafederation:

If most BH attacks are done in cars, and these attacks continue, is it not wise to ban use of cars? Abi you want the attacks to continue?

If the govt is considering the ban on hijabs, they can as well ban the use of agbada. angry
when you say cars, cars can be searched, how many of those masquerades will allow somebody to search them, and mind you cars didn't come with islam rather islam borrowed it because looking at things islam detest development and advancement, and niqab is not a nation wide thing because if you dress like a masquerade in the east or south of niger you will be chased like a plague, because nobody wants infestation in the name of religion.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by HaneefahRN(f): 3:03pm On Jan 10, 2016
I watched this thread from the 1st page but decided to comment now. What I noticed is tht most pple seeking for the hijab to be banned isn't even abt the security reasons, some were out of hatred they already had for Islam and anything regarding it, others out of plain ignorance and those seeking to mock Muslim women.

I'm a Muslimah, I don't use niqab but those who do av the right to. Most pple seem to be in support of the hijab (a part of Islam and the Muslim woman's identity) shld be banned. What we all fail to realize is tht even if the hijab is banned this minute, it wld''t stop the terrorist actions if the matter isn't solved from the root and necessary security precautions like bomb detectors placed in strategic places, better gathering of intelligence and being more security conscious. All the terrorist need is a way to blend in wt pple in the community, they probably use the hijab in the north cos it isn't unusual to see women in tht. I read of one in wc the terrorist was wearing a casual wear (probably France can't really recollect the Country), the man was wearing casual wear like every other person went into a restaurant but luckily for the pple there the bomb failed to detonate, just a mild offshoot of gas wc made the man faint, someone did CPR for him nt knowing he was a suicide bomber, it was when his cloth was pulled up, they knew. How big is a bomb abeg?
So I guess we shld ban all forms of clothing and go abt naked so there wnt be any opportunity to hide it under any form of clothing.
Solving terrorism goes beyond banning any form of clothing or cars or whatever cos these psychotic animals will always find other ways.
I pray God give us absolute and not '' technical' victory over the Boko haram psychos, and may the lost souls RIP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by xxgig(m): 3:04pm On Jan 10, 2016
[quote author=ysadiq post=41835811] my brother does that mean if an evil is carried out with khaki. is banning it nw the solution to such problem, pls let us see dis from the right side.[/quote
]

Has the government ban hijab, No.
Hence the action of the soldiers is not justified in anyway. Can we do without hijab? Yes we can. Our muslim bRothers and sister should advice each other on when not to wear it whenever its possible. a person can dress decently without the hijab. Our security agents should also stop embarrassing the dignity of our armed forces.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by aboto49(m): 3:07pm On Jan 10, 2016
Dnt mean any insult
Eronmosele:

Aboto49, thank you for taking out time to respond. Please know that no question is ridiculous. And no one is ridiculous for asking a question. You need to be careful yourself, I can already see those 'signs' in the way you have responded to a simple question. Indeed I have met persons I can describe as excellent by my classification who are Muslims. Excellent moral standing and I think the president is one of such persons I hold in high esteem. I was born and brought up in the core north, Zazzau to be precise and I know a lot about these things. The problem is you never know when some of these Muslims with excellent moral standing turn around to behead you when the need arises! I'm telling you what happened not some story here. And if it's about verses from the Holy book I can cite many more that say otherwise. I'm expressing a fear and concern of the vast majority of non Muslims. It's like walking on a field with land mines! You don't know what you will say before they will declare your head wanted! What kind of thing is this now?!! People who did not even know Charle Hebdoo died for his 'sin' here in Africa. And these instances are countless. So go and think again about the rationality behind my question.
tink u ar wise anough too diffrenciate culture frm religion, there ar two two diffrnt tins entirly dey can start killn at anytim because it's in there blood, visit there history for further Clearification wat am tryn to Tell is dat islam dos nt command us to be lik dat rather to be peacful. Wat dos the name islam means? Check ur dictnary.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by arewafederation: 3:08pm On Jan 10, 2016
babajero:
[s]when you say cars, cars can be searched, how many of those masquerades will allow somebody to search them, and mind you cars didn't come with islam rather islam borrowed it because looking at things islam detest development and advancement, and niqab is not a nation wide thing because if you dress like a masquerade in the east or south of niger you will be chased like a plague, because nobody wants infestation in the name of religion. [/s]

This is your jaundiced opinion.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by arewafederation: 3:09pm On Jan 10, 2016
johnel2real:

since in ur great wisdom recent bombings has targeted mostly churches and mosques right?

Right.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by babajero(m): 3:12pm On Jan 10, 2016
luckman20:

q33:59

O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves [part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.
that thing you posted, the reason was that mohammed was a womanizer and he cannot control himself that was the reason he married a child just because he couldn't control his joy stick, he was looking for a way that will make him not to see women too much, so that he won't marry more wives. And it didn't say anything about dressing like a masquerade rather it said cover yourself(bring down over) and not mask yourself.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by hertheytheydgee(m): 3:13pm On Jan 10, 2016
mztakayswitch3:
cudnt save d attachment in ur post we're cud I gt d pix

2B16F084, add me on BBM, so I can share them with you
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by dollarsplenty(m): 3:15pm On Jan 10, 2016
tonytony208:

What else does the government have to prove? Haven't there been cases of female suicide bombers hiding IED under hijab? Or where have you been in the past couple of years? Nigeria or space?

Haven't there been cases of terrorists wearing army and police uniforms to perpetrate killings of innocent people? Or are you not in Nigeria? How many robbery cases have been reported in which soldier uniforms were used? Does that mean banning the use of those uniforms? or do we start asking every military man to authenticate his identity? Hijab is not an arab culture, its an islamic culture. banning it is anti islam.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Has FG banned cars because terrorist carry bombs in motor vehicle?
Cars can be stopped, and searched. Will they allow us search them?
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by babajero(m): 3:24pm On Jan 10, 2016
jomoh:

Kindly reference the book or site you read it from.

And you claim to hold a masters degree?

What a shame. At this age and time a masters degree holder still believe the trash that Hijab --that is well known all over the world as a core muslim mode of dressing-- is the culture of some people in some region.

You people still do not get it.

Islam is more than a religion.

Islam is a culture, a tradition, a way of living life. Not just a religion you pick up anytime you like.

Islam tells you what to do, when to do it, how to do it reason why you should do it. In short, Islam is an Ideology that teaches how God wants us to live not how we want to live.

If you can't stand for something you will fall for anything

I stand for ISLAM

BTW Is the woman in the picture below also protecting herself from desert winds?
you just ranted without making any sense, the woman in question was not putting on hijab rather she was putting on niqab in other words she dressed like masquerade, you pasted a picture there written mary, please can't you see her face? Or you just have to dress like a masquerade to be the best woman on earth? To me islam and qoran is just mohammed's way of keeping you people in check.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by geesilver(m): 3:29pm On Jan 10, 2016
babajero:
you are being so naïve, if you can recall they bound the military attire not to be worn by anybody who is not a military personnel not even musicians in their videos, and that was not done before the boko stupidity. So use your head.
Common sense is not common. Is the militery clothe for everyone before? So what are you talking about when you said they ban. Are you saying till date boko boys are no more using it for their atrocities. If you don't have a valid reason to defend your claim pls quit
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by babajero(m): 3:31pm On Jan 10, 2016
arewafederation:

This is your jaundiced opinion.
if you call it my opinion fine, but if you check it is part of the national opinion, or have imagined the kind of development we would have gotten in this country without islam's backwardness? Just think.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by babajero(m): 3:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
geesilver:

Common sense is not common. Is the militery clothe for everyone before? So what are you talking about when you said they ban. Are you saying till date boko boys are no more using it for their atrocities. If you don't have a valid reason to defend your claim pls quit
boko pigs uses that camouflage because is a combat attire and they see themselves as combatants, and not entirely because nigerian military wears it. And please answer me this why do they use (niqab) to carry out atrocities?.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by babajero(m): 3:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
Basic123:
this woman would have been harassed too.
Yes only if she dressed like a masquerade.
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Dragonking: 3:42pm On Jan 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Has FG banned cars because terrorist carry bombs in motor vehicle?
Honestly you deserve a dirty slap for this shallow way of thinking...gosh! angry

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jan 10, 2016
HaneefahRN:
I watched this thread from the 1st page but decided to comment now. What I noticed is tht most pple seeking for the hijab to be banned isn't even abt the security reasons, some were out of hatred they already had for Islam and anything regarding it, others out of plain ignorance and those seeking to mock Muslim women.

I'm a Muslimah, I don't use niqab but those who do av the right to. Most pple seem to be in support of the hijab (a part of Islam and the Muslim woman's identity) shld be banned. What we all fail to realize is tht even if the hijab is banned this minute, it wld''t stop the terrorist actions if the matter isn't solved from the root and necessary security precautions like bomb detectors placed in strategic places, better gathering of intelligence and being more security conscious. All the terrorist need is a way to blend in wt pple in the community, they probably use the hijab in the north cos it isn't unusual to see women in tht. I read of one in wc the terrorist was wearing a casual wear (probably France can't really recollect the Country), the man was wearing casual wear like every other person went into a restaurant but luckily for the pple there the bomb failed to detonate, just a mild offshoot of gas wc made the man faint, someone did CPR for him nt knowing he was a suicide bomber, it was when his cloth was pulled up, they knew. How big is a bomb abeg?
So I guess we shld ban all forms of clothing and go abt naked so there wnt be any opportunity to hide it under any form of clothing.
Solving terrorism goes beyond banning any form of clothing or cars or whatever cos these psychotic animals will always find other ways.
I pray God give us absolute and not '' technical' victory over the Boko haram psychos, and may the lost souls RIP.

Ignore the haters and don't worry your head too much, the news is fake
Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by Dragonking: 3:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
geesilver:

What happen when the boko boys uses military uniform to perpetrate their evil. Should the uniform be ban too? Pls answer this.
Does wearing the military unform cover the face of the wearer? Honestly, you guys should reason before commenting on nairaland. SMH

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Coronavirus: FG Tracing 4,370 People / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures / Organs Or Arms Of Government By Joel3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.