Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,501 members, 7,823,170 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? (5026 Views)

Poll: Considering the killings, suicide bombings, amputation, beheading and heartless flogging prevalent in islam. Do u think allah is forgiving?

YES: Allah is forgiving: 60% (3 votes)
NO: Allah is not capable of forgiving: 20% (1 vote)
who cares. Enough of the violence though.: 20% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse / Who Is Allah? / Probability Of Allah Forgiving The Christian On The Day Of Judgement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by noetic2: 3:42am On Jun 18, 2009
olabs, come and state ur case.
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by olabowale(m): 9:16pm On Jun 18, 2009
Surah Fatiha: Talking about Mercy, Forgiveness, Graciousness, etc. Is there any unmitigated punishment in this verse, except Justice?

1:1 In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Mercifu[/b]l.
1:2 All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).
1:3 The Most [b]Beneficen[/b]t, the Most [b]Merciful

1:4 The Only Owner (and the Only Ruling Judge) of the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)
1:5 You (Alone) we worship, and you (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything).
1:6: Guide us to the Straight Way
1:7 The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace , not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger (such as the Jews), nor of those who went astray (such as the Christians).
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by olabowale(m): 9:23pm On Jun 18, 2009
On this seven verses chapter, there are at least 7 clearly merciful related words. Hence I have 7 points already. Please, now show us 35 words of unmitigated/unprovoked and unjust punishment here? Maybe you will at later chapters? We will wait and see. I hope we have people keeping scores on this challenge?
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by olabowale(m): 10:17pm On Jun 18, 2009
Shall we take this project 30 to 60 verses per day? I hope that when you are able or unable to show us unfairness of Allah from the Quran? We will all have to decide individually, whether you have been speaking the truth, all along. But since the Muslims know that you are not honest, this thread is a way to expose your fraud of a mind.

Shall we go to Surah Baqarah? It is a 286 verse Chapter. The Longest in the Quran.
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by olabowale(m): 11:18pm On Jun 18, 2009
And when you look at the "earning your anger" and "go astray", these label on them show the reason; way of disobedience for being out of favor and out of receiving mercy. Inshort, their being punished is just in a confine of Justice! There way of disobedience is what earned them these titles; earner of anger and goer of the road that is astray.
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by noetic2: 11:53pm On Jun 18, 2009
whats the meaning of all these rubbish and nonsense u are posting here?

we are discussing the FORGIVING nature of allah. I am awaiting ur first verse.
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by olabowale(m): 12:11am On Jun 19, 2009
you dump and dull boy as a dumb bell. are you blind that you did not see words that speak about mercy and things of favor? darn you. i see why you are a christian. read all the bible, you will not see as much of mercy from yahweh, jehovah, jesus as much as in the simple chapter i posted above.

i have nothing further to discuss with you, darn time waster. you thing my time is not precious? good bye.
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by noetic2: 12:15am On Jun 19, 2009
olabowale:

you dump and dull boy as a dumb bell. are you blind that you did not see words that speak about mercy and things of favor? darn you. i see why you are a christian. read all the bible, you will not see as much of mercy from yahweh, jehovah, jesus as much as in the simple chapter i posted above.

i have nothing further to discuss with you, darn time waster. you thing my time is not precious? good bye.

FOR EVERY ONE VERSE IN THE KORAN YOU PRODUCE THAT SHOWS THAT ALLAH IS FORGIVING I WILL PRODUCE 5 VERSES THAT ESTABLISHES THAT ALLAH IS UNFORGIVING.

Why is this a problem for u olabs?
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 2:27am On Jun 19, 2009
olabowale:

Surah Fatiha: Talking about Mercy, Forgiveness, Graciousness, etc. Is there any unmitigated punishment in this verse, except Justice?

1:1 In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Mercifu[/b]l.
1:2 All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).
1:3 The Most [b]Beneficen[/b]t, the Most [b]Merciful

1:4 The Only Owner (and the Only Ruling Judge) of the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)
1:5 You (Alone) we worship, and you (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything).
1:6: Guide us to the Straight Way
1:7 The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace , not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger (such as the Jews), nor of those who went astray (such as the Christians).

He asked if Allah is[size=24pt] forgiving[/size] and you throw out some one liners without context

Produce the verses about allah having an attribute of forgiveness and being able to forgive sins and how forgiving he is and to whom
abi e no dey?

Forgiveness is typically defined as the process of concluding resentment, indignation or anger as a result of a perceived offense, difference or mistake, and ceasing to demand punishment or restitution.[1] The Oxford English Dictionary defines forgiveness as 'to grant free pardon and to give up all claim on account of an offence or debt'
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 2:47am On Jun 19, 2009

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9) 6.

"Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord." (Acts 3:19)

"I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins. Put Me in remembrance; let us contend together; state your case, that you may be acquitted." (Isaiah 43:25-26)

"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus , " (Romans 8:1)

"Come now and let us reason together," says the Lord,
"Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow."  (Isaiah 1:18)

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new." (2 Corinthians 5:17)

"In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace." (Ephesians 1:7)

if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

—2 Chronicles 7:14   
Psalm 32:1-7
32:1 Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven,
whose sin is covered.
Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity,
and in whose spirit there is no deceit.

I acknowledged my sin to you,
and I did not cover my iniquity;
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,”
and[b] you forgave the iniquity of my sin[/b]. Selah

Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Let me hear joy and gladness;
let the bones that you have broken rejoice.
Hide your face from my sins,
and blot out all my iniquities.[/b]Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from your presence,
and take not your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
and uphold me with a willing spirit.

—Psalm 51:1-19   
Psalm 103:12
as far as the east is from the west,
so far does he remove our transgressions from us.

—Psalm 103:12   
Matthew 6:14-15
For [b]if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you
, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

—Matthew 6:14-15   
Matthew 18:21-22
Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.

—Matthew 18:21-22   
Luke 23:34
And Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” And they cast lots to divide his garments.

—Luke 23:34   
Colossians 3:12-13
Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.—Colossians 3:12-13   
1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

—1 John 1:9
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Nobody: 3:17am On Jun 19, 2009
"Say: O Ibadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah, verily Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful" (Quran 39:53)

"And those who cry not unto any other god along with Allah, nor take the life which Allah hath forbidden save in (course of) justice, nor commit adultery - and whoso doeth this shall pay the penalty; (68) The doom will be doubled for him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein disdained for ever; (69) Save him who repenteth and believeth and doth righteous work; as for such, Allah will change their evil deeds to good deeds. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful. (70) [Quran 25:68-70]

Allahuma innaka 'afuwwun karimun tuhibbul 'afwa fa ‘afu anni
(O Allah! You are the Most Forgiving and Most Gracious! You love to forgive, so forgive my errors and sins)
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 3:21am On Jun 19, 2009
oyb:

"Say: O Ibadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah, verily Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful" (Quran 39:53)

"And those who cry not unto any other god along with Allah, nor take the life which Allah hath forbidden save in (course of) justice, nor commit adultery - and whoso doeth this shall pay the penalty; (68) The doom will be doubled for him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein disdained for ever; (69) Save him who repenteth and believeth and doth righteous work; as for such, Allah will change their evil deeds to good deeds. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful. (70) [Quran 25:68-70]

Allahuma innaka 'afuwwun karimun tuhibbul 'afwa fa ‘afu anni
(O Allah! You are the Most Forgiving and Most Gracious! You love to forgive, so forgive my errors and sins)

Can you tell me why he's unable to forgive adulterers and demand they be stoned to death ?
Are they exempted from his forgiveness?
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 3:24am On Jun 19, 2009
Don't bother oyb
I gat it.

He says he has limited forgiveness
I understand now

Allah dey hard o
kai
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Nobody: 3:37am On Jun 19, 2009
LUKE 12:10, "And everyone that says a word against the Son of Man, that will be forgiven; But he that blasphemes against The Holy Spirit will not be forgiven
MARK 3:29, "Whoever blasphemes against The Holy Spirit will never have forgiveness, but is guilty of everlasting sin."
MATTHEW 12: 31-32 "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come".

your god hard pass

yepa

unless of course its another of those things that er christains do not agree on
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 3:39am On Jun 19, 2009
so na the hottest part of hell awaits you and olabs grin
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Nobody: 3:39am On Jun 19, 2009
i hope timothy mcveigh ted bundy and co were christains. would be so sad if they were to go to hell for mass murder sadistsic torture etal.  tongue

i'm sure the families of the victims would be absolutely thrilled to find themselves all together on the right hand
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Nobody: 3:40am On Jun 19, 2009
$osisi:

so na the hottest part of hell awaits you and olabs grin

so ya god na conditional after all  cheesy cheesy

so all your long post na long post  cheesy

shebi the father the son and the holy ghost are one and the same now - so why diff penalties ?
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 3:48am On Jun 19, 2009
Oh ye without knowledge

It takes scripture to explain scripture
oya read along.

The unforgivable sin of speaking against the Holy Spirit has been interpreted in various ways, but the true meaning cannot contradict other Scripture. It is unequivocally clear that the one unforgivable sin is permanently rejecting Christ (John 3:18; 3:36). Thus, speaking against the Holy Spirit is equivalent to rejecting Christ with such finality that no future repentance is possible. 'My spirit shall not always strive with man,' God said long ago (Genesis 6:3).

In the context of this particular passage (Matthew 12:22-32), Jesus had performed a great miracle of creation, involving both healing and casting out a demon, but the Pharisees rejected this clear witness of the Holy Spirit. Instead they attributed His powers to Satan, thus demonstrating an attitude permanently resistant to the Spirit, and to the deity and saving Gospel of Christ" [Henry M. Morris, The Defender's Study Bible (Iowa Falls, Iowa: World Bible Publishers, 1995), emphasis added.].

cool cool cool
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 3:49am On Jun 19, 2009
oyb:

i hope timothy mcveigh ted bundy and co were christains. would be so sad if they were to go to hell for mass murder sadistsic torture etal. tongue

i'm sure the families of the victims would be absolutely thrilled to find themselves all together on the right hand

The opposite of Islam is not Christian
remember
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 3:53am On Jun 19, 2009
again within context

BLASPHEMING THE SPIRIT

A. THE WARNING,
      1. Jesus told the Pharisees of the unforgivable sin - Mt 12:31-32
         a. He had just healed a demon-possessed man - Mt 12:22-23
         b. The Pharisees attributed His power to Beelzebub (Satan) - Mt 12:24
         c. He illustrates the absurdity of their charge - Mt 12:25-28
         d. He explains the implication and necessity of casting out
            demons by the Spirit of God
            1) The kingdom (rule or reign, power) of God has come - Mt 12:28
            2) For such to be complete, the strong man (Satan) must be
               bound - Mt 12:29
            3) This Jesus ultimately accomplished through His death and
               resurrection - cf. Jn 12:31-33; Ro 14:9; Col 2:15; He 2:
               14-15; Re 1:18
      2. What is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit?
         a. It is attributing Jesus' power to an unclean spirit - cf. Mk 3:28-30
         b. It is ascribing the work of the Holy Spirit to Satan (B.W.
            Johnson)
      3. Why is this sin unforgivable?  When one concludes that Jesus'
         power was of the devil,
         a. He has rejected the evidence which produces faith in Jesus
         b. He has rejected the efforts by God to save those in sin
      -- When one is willing to believe that Jesus was in league with
         the devil, saving faith is not possible!
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 3:57am On Jun 19, 2009
Rom 10:13

for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED

You still have hope oyb

but when you ascribe the things of God to the devil and remain unrepentant,you blaspheme and there's no hope for you

I Jn 1:9

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness

you still have hope because this extends to all.

“The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance” (2 Peter 3:9). cool
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Nobody: 3:59am On Jun 19, 2009
The unforgivable sin of speaking against the Holy Spirit has been interpreted in various ways,

like you said, you guys cannot agree on anything tongue

My spirit shall not always strive with man,' God said long ago (Genesis 6:3).

i thought the OT had been abrogated cheesy

there's plenty on adulterers etal in there
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Nobody: 4:03am On Jun 19, 2009
forget that debate - here's a far thornier one

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Presbyterians-959/babies-children-hell.htm

According to Romans 5:12: "Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned."

It says that sin entered the world through one man, i.e. all humans are born with a sinful nature because we are all decendents of Adam. So, in this case, all humans, incl babies & children, are all born with a sinful nature. Because of this sinful nature, we all have the tendency to sin. Hence we all became sinners, not because we're born with a sinful nature, but because we yield to it and commit our own sins. Therefore, we're punished for our own individual sins, and not for Adam's sins.

Being said that, it'll depends how you define sinful acts. When does one become accountable for our own sins? Although babies are born with sinful nature (like all of us, we were all once babies ourselves), I don't think they have commited actual sins yet, so I think they will not be sent to Hell. As for children, it becomes more complicated. It'll depend when do you think that they are old enough to know between right & wrong, and hence accountable for their own sins.

Having said all that, I would not want to be a judge as to who will go to Hell and who will go to Heaven as I'm a sinner myself and my judgements are bound to be flawed by my sinful nature. It's God's business ultimately. And I know that God's judgements are all fair and just since only Him is all-wise to make such decisions.

Although I might not have given a satisfactory answer, I hope what I've said makes sense to you and help you to think deeper.

Thanks!

your god is indeed merciful . so there's a distinct possibility that innocent children or babies can go to hell undecided
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 4:06am On Jun 19, 2009
oyb:

like you said, you guys cannot agree on anything tongue

i thought the OT had been abrogated cheesy

there's plenty on adulterers etal in there

If you kneel down  today and give him your heart you  can be rest assured that he'll forgive you
You can have an assurance of salvation
An assurance that he loves you like a father
An assurance that your name is written in the book of life
An assurance that Gos is an close as the mention of his name
An assurance that God is concerned about you and that [b]
all his thoughts about you are thoughts of good and not evil he's not scheming evil against you

How do I know
There are verses in the Bible to prove me right
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Nobody: 4:07am On Jun 19, 2009
na wa oh for internal contradiction  cheesy

The unforgivable sin of speaking against the Holy Spirit has been interpreted in various ways, but the true meaning cannot contradict other Scripture. It is unequivocally clear that the one unforgivable sin is permanently rejecting Christ (John 3:18; 3:36). Thus, speaking against the Holy Spirit is equivalent to rejecting Christ with such finality that no future repentance is possible. 'My spirit shall not always strive with man,' God said long ago (Genesis 6:3).

2. What is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit?
        a. It is attributing Jesus' power to an unclean spirit - cf. Mk 3:28-30
        b. It is ascribing the work of the Holy Spirit to Satan (B.W.
           Johnson)

so er. . .which is it? you guys are really scary. everything na assumption and inference - shebi everything na parable  cheesy. without a doubt, a large number of you are assuming yourselves into that lake of fire  cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Nobody: 4:09am On Jun 19, 2009
If you kneel down today and give him your heart you can be rest assured that he'll forgive you
You can have an assurance of salvation
An assurance that he loves you like a father
An assurance that your name is written in the book of life
An assurance that Gos is an close as the mention of his name
An assurance that God is concerned about you and that
all his thoughts about you are thoughts of good and[b] not evil he's not scheming evil against you

this loving father , why does he hit his children with earthquakes, hurricanes or the global financial crisis cheesy
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 4:10am On Jun 19, 2009
oyb:

forget that debate - here's a far thornier one

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Presbyterians-959/babies-children-hell.htm

your god is indeed merciful . so there's a distinct possibility that innocent children or babies can go to hell undecided

That is why Jesus came.
There's no place the Bible says little children are going to hell.
We are born in sin that's why children are not taught to lie or pilfer cookies and hide it behind their back
The sinful nature of man teaches them that
Sin came in by Adam but salvation came by the way of the cross.
Predicted by Isaiah,Ezekiel,Amos and several other prophets hundreds of years before Jesus was born
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 4:12am On Jun 19, 2009
oyb:

this loving father , why does he hit his children with earthquakes, hurricanes or the global financial crisis cheesy

Did he run the wall street or mortgage companies?
The devil is the author of evil
He is a fallen angel
Everything about God is good
Do you know about this good God I serve?

Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is GOOD; for His loving kindness is everlasting (Psalms 107:1).

Even in the midst of disasters,God is still good
because our hope as Christians transcends this world
To live is to live for Christ and to die is gain so whenever it's my time.I will be with him face to face
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Nobody: 4:15am On Jun 19, 2009
There's no place the Bible says little children are going to hell.

there's no place in the bible that outrightly condemns polygamy either. everything you say about polygamy is INFERENCE . not good enough

this is what you said -

We are born in sin

and of course we know that you have to accept jesus to go to heaven, not so?

does christainity have an age of reason?
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Nobody: 4:17am On Jun 19, 2009
Did he run the wall street or mortgage companies?

artful dodger

does the devil also control weather and natural disasters cheesy

are you saying that the devil is stronger than God. several honest believing christains are in dire financial straits. how does a loving father allow that to happen to his children. abi we're back in the OT (job) all over again cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 4:20am On Jun 19, 2009
oyb:

there's no place in the bible that outrightly condemns polygamy either. everything you say about polygamy is INFERENCE
many places talking about man and wife even from creation says them two,them two means two people

. not good enough

this is what you said -

I've given you scriptures to that effect beforeand of course we know that you have to accept jesus to go to heaven, not so?

does christainity have an age of reason?

when one can tell right from wrong

Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 4:23am On Jun 19, 2009
oyb:

artful dodger

does the devil also control weather and natural disasters cheesy

are you saying that the devil is stronger than God. several honest believing christains are in dire financial straits. how does a loving father allow that to happen to his children. abi we're back in the OT (job) all over again cheesy cheesy

No he's not
financial prowess or all things honky dory is not a testament of a good Christian
We are in the world so naturally the ills in the world affect us.
Paul himself suffered illnesses and shipwrecks
I still have PMS
The devil always fights
But we are more than conquerors
Our hope is not just in this world

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... / Can I Skip A Day Without Fasting? / How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.