Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,229 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? (5027 Views)

Poll: Considering the killings, suicide bombings, amputation, beheading and heartless flogging prevalent in islam. Do u think allah is forgiving?

YES: Allah is forgiving: 60% (3 votes)
NO: Allah is not capable of forgiving: 20% (1 vote)
who cares. Enough of the violence though.: 20% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse / Who Is Allah? / Probability Of Allah Forgiving The Christian On The Day Of Judgement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 4:25am On Jun 19, 2009
see what Christ said about little children.

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

what a merciful saviour
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by DolceLove: 4:27am On Jun 19, 2009
[size=18pt]RAMSEY NOAH FAN COMMUNITY[/size]

Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Nobody: 4:28am On Jun 19, 2009
^^^^^^

see - inference , inference , inference. nothing concrete.

you know they say assumptions are the mother of all. . .and thats what you are doing here.

you see what you want to see.

when one can tell right from wrong

when one can tell right from wrong is simply not good enough either. so its a function of IQ?  cheesy

The devil always fights

coming from you, this is sad. you are ascribing power over to the devil . next thing you'll be saying pestilence etal come from the devil  cheesy

at least as Muslims, we accept that Shaitan is simply a deceiver, and that all things, good and bad, are from Allah.

its actually an issue I read up somewhere - the great contradiction of how a God that is always good can allow bad things to happen to his children
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Nobody: 4:31am On Jun 19, 2009
$osisi:

see what Christ said about little children.

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

what a merciful saviour

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

so, as an adult, nothing for you

he is indeed merciful cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 4:31am On Jun 19, 2009
Jesus said, "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written: "For Your sake we are killed all day long; we are counted as sheep for the slaughter." Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life. nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:35-39

Those things will come to pass but a true soldier of Christ will stand because God is able to keep him cool
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 4:32am On Jun 19, 2009
oyb:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

so, as an adult, nothing for you

he is indeed merciful cheesy cheesy cheesy

I've given you over 25 verses that apply to me
you missed them all? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
oya see this one in Rev 3 20

'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 4:35am On Jun 19, 2009
oyb:

^^^^^^

see - inference , inference , inference. nothing concrete.

you know they say assumptions are the mother of all. . .and thats what you are doing here.

you see what you want to see.

when one can tell right from wrong is simply not good enough either. so its a function of IQ?  cheesy

coming from you, this is sad. you are ascribing power over to the devil . next thing you'll be saying pestilence etal come from the devil  cheesy

at least as Muslims, we accept that Shaitan is simply a deceiver, and that all things, good and bad, are from Allah.

its actually an issue I read up somewhere - the great contradiction of how a God that is always good can allow bad things to happen to his children

Allah is good and bad
But God is always good.
big difference and one more reason Allah cannot be God cool
I invite you to my God who is not the author of all things bad like Allah is
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 4:38am On Jun 19, 2009
Gen I 31

31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

Thank you Lord.

You made all things very good cool cool
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 4:40am On Jun 19, 2009
How can we get Salvation?
1. Realize that you are sinner:-
1 John 1:8, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

2. Confess from your mouth:-
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." And also the Bible says in
Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

3. Repent from your sins:-
Acts 3:19 "Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,

4. Accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior:- By faith accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior of your life and invite Him in your life. When a person do this his/her life changes and he/she becomes a new creation

5. New creation:- 2 Corinthians 5:17, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."

6. Promise of eternal life:-
John 5:24 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life."

[b]Mohammad Wasn't Sure about Salvation[/b]Jabir reported that the Prophet of Islam said: "No good works of yours can ever secure heaven for you, nor can they save you from hell -- not even me, without the grace of God."

Abu Huraira related that when the verse, "Cause thy near relatives to fear," was revealed to the Prophet of Islam, the Prophet arose and began to proclaim: "Oh people of the Quraysh, and you sons of Abdul Manaf, and you Abbas, son of Abdul Muttalib, and you, Safiyyah my aunt, I cannot save you from the punishment of the Day of Resurrection. Take care of yourself, O my daughter Fatimah; you may use my property, but I cannot save you from God. Take care of yourself" (Bukhari).

Abu Huraira reported that the Prophet of Islam said: "No one of you will enter Paradise through his good works." They said: "Not even you, O Apostle of God?" "Not even I," he replied, "unless God cover me with His grace and mercy. Therefore be strong, and morning and evening, nay every moment, try to do good."

[b]Mohmmad's prayer asking forgiveness:[/b]Volume 1, Book 12, Number 711:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle used to keep silent between the Takbir and the recitation of Qur'an and that interval of silence used to be a short one. I said to the Prophet "May my parents be sacrificed for you! What do you say in the pause between Takbir and recitation?" The Prophet said, "I say, 'Allahumma, ba'id baini wa baina khatayaya kama ba'adta baina-l-mashriqi wa-l-maghrib. Allahumma, naqqim min khatayaya kama yunaqqa-ththawbu-l-abyadu mina-ddanas. Allahumma, ighsil khatayaya bil-ma'i wa-th-thalji wal-barad (O Allah! Set me apart from my sins (faults) as the East and West are set apart from each other and clean me from sins as a white garment is cleaned of dirt (after thorough washing). O Allah! Wash off my sins with water, snow and hail.)"

There is no Salvation in Islam

Allah Promised hell for his followers:
Al-Imran (The Family of Imran)
Sura 3:185, "Every soul shall have a taste of death: And only on the Day of Judgment shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object (of Life): For the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception."

This Suras from Quran very clearly says that after death everyone will go to hell fire then judgment, When a person went to hell fire then how and why it is possible that he/she can come out from hell fire and go to paradise, no way, This verse does not say anything about eternal life. This verse very clearly says that every believer in Allah is tasting death means they did not get the life while Jesus promised eternal life and heaven as we read in

John 10:10 "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

And also every soul is going to hell fire till the day of judgment means they are not reaching heaven. So of course Allah promised hell fire for his believers. I said "no way" for coming out from the hell fire and go to heaven. There is no chance to go to heaven once you go to hell fire, But yes, Jesus can save you when you are still in this world as He said in John 3:15 "that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

How a person can save himself/herself from hell fire when he/she is already in hell fire? And this verse says that they will be there till the time of Day of Judgment. Do you think a person who is already in hell fire will get a seat in heaven after judgment? Judgment is a day when people get their sentence and verdict, no reward my friend that day.

Allah promised hell fire for his followers but contrary to it Jesus promised heaven

oybobo
make I go cuddle a good man grin
You've heard the word,now you are without excuse
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Nobody: 4:43am On Jun 19, 2009
^^^^^^

contradictions contradictions contradictions  smiley

you think say i get energy read all that extra long C&P  smiley

$osisi:

Jesus said, "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall [b]tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written: "For Your sake we are killed all day long; we are counted as sheep for the slaughter." Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life. nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord[/b]. Romans 8:35-39

Those things will come to pass but a true soldier of Christ will stand because God is able to keep him cool

nice , but those are all man made - though you were attributing them to a fallen angel.

which is why all of your threads on Christian persecution are i'm sorry to say hypocritical. next time some fanatics go on rampage in the north, why don't you reference what you posted up there -   For Your sake we are killed all day long; we are counted as sheep for the slaughter

you still haven't said anything on Natural disasters from the God that is good all the time.

31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

here we go again - please STOP referencing the OT. you people keep telling us it was abrogated. the God of the OT is a major league badass who has no compuntion about smiting unbelievers right left and center . if you insist on the OT, then i will also fish out all those leviticus etal horror stories smiley
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Nobody: 4:48am On Jun 19, 2009
'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

let me do er evangelist OYBobo

The Prophet (SAW) said "Allah (SWT) says: 'I am to my servant as he expects of Me, I am with him when he remembers Me. If he remembers Me in his heart, I remember him in My heart, and if he remembers Me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly better than his, and if he draws nearer to Me a hand's span, I draw nearer to him an arm's length, and if he comes to me walking I come to him running."

"When any group of men remember Allah, angels surround them and mercy covers them, tranquillity descends upon them, and Allah mentions them to those who are with Him." (Reported by Abu Hurairiah)

"Those who believe (in the Oneness of Allâh), and whose hearts find rest in the remembrance of Allâh, Verily, in the remembrance of Allâh do hearts find rest" (Surah ar'Ra'd 13:28)

Allah (SWT) has commanded us to remember him always. He says: "Remember Me, I shall remember you." (Qur'an 2:152)

smiley cool
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 4:49am On Jun 19, 2009
oyb:

^^^^^^

contradictions contradictions contradictions  smiley

you think say i get energy read all that extra long C&P  smiley

nice , but those are all man made - though you were attributing them to a fallen angel.

which is why all of your threads on Christian persecution are i'm sorry to say hypocritical. next time some fanatics go on rampage in the north, why don't you reference what you posted up there -   For Your sake we are killed all day long; we are counted as sheep for the slaughter

you still haven't said anything on Natural disasters from the God that is good all the time.

here we go again - please STOP referencing the OT. you people keep telling us it was abrogated. the God of the OT is a major league badass who has no compuntion about smiting unbelievers right left and center . if you insist on the OT, then i will also fish out all those leviticus etal horror stories smiley

The creation story which allah copied is in Genesis.
It is scripture
The levitical nlaws doo not apply to Christians
geddit now?

Your Muslim brothers still kill Christians.
Now you have a scripture that prompts you to go blow yourself up abi?
funny you.CChristians are slaughtered all over the world by the slaves of allah
Persecution is real
shoukld I long for it
Absolutely not?

Is it a reality for Chrisnas
Yes
what's your point again
celebrate your alqueda and Taliban brothers? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 4:50am On Jun 19, 2009
make I go cuddle
see you tomorrow
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Nobody: 4:57am On Jun 19, 2009
osisi cheesy

na so so cherry picking you dey do.

first OT is abrogated.

later it is not abrogated, but parts of it don't apply to christains. what tomorrow ? cheesy

funny you.CChristians are slaughtered all over the world by the slaves of allah
Persecution is real
shoukld I long for it
Absolutely not?

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

going by christain doctrine, just as without those nasty roman soldiers there would have been no crucifixion, without the taliban, /chinese govt etal, a lot of you won't get to heaven. as a true Christian, you should be rushing over there. abi your reciprocated love is tame ? smiley

i'm just doing what you guys do so well, interpreting the bible according to contemporary circumstances smiley
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Tudor6(f): 12:13pm On Jun 19, 2009
I'm not sure about forgiving diety but i do know he's god of them terrorists therefore a murderous diety
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by olabowale(m): 2:26pm On Jun 19, 2009
@$Osisi: If you didn't put your two bits in it, i wouldn't bother with the Thread, any longer. But then, let me say this, and be finished with it:

Allah describes Himself as Most Beneficient< Most Merciful, etc. Read the first Chapter. Is forgiveness not under Mercy? If you are described as a married mother, should anybody be doubting that you have a spouse, or that you have offspring(s), etc?

What your Christian mind can't get to understand is that while you are fighting to validate a mere human being as God, he had prayed, wept, cried out and begged and petitioned the Superior Being to aid him all the way.

If you know that Allah is mean and unjust, then help your brother, Noetic to produce 5 Verses or words of injustices to every word that muslims produced of Mercy, Kindness, Guidance, Forgiveness, Justice, Graciousness, etc. Thats what I expected.

All your Biblical quotes are meaningless. Moreover, you are quoting OT, the word of the Prophets/Laws and the God that you refused to follow, obey and Serve alone without Jesus! Dont make me laugh, woman. I am not in the mood for comic relief!
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 3:11pm On Jun 19, 2009
oyb:

osisi cheesy

na so so cherry picking you dey do.

first OT is abrogated.

later it is not abrogated, but parts of it don't apply to christains. what tomorrow ? cheesy

going by christain doctrine, just as without those nasty roman soldiers there would have been no crucifixion, without the taliban, /chinese govt etal, a lot of you won't get to heaven. as a true Christian, you should be rushing over there. abi your reciprocated love is tame ? smiley

i'm just doing what you guys do so well, interpreting the bible according to contemporary circumstances smiley

Please produce where anyone says the OT is useless?
Please stop using the word abrogated.
Many Christians have no clue what that is
The story of creation and everything in the OT is true.
You are without knowledge so you don't understand.

The Bible in a nutshell

God created Adam and Eve, left them in a beautiful garden and everything was good.
Adam sinned and God had a plan to redeem man to himself by taking on the image of a child born of a woman to redeem the the world.
But God is a God of timing
Everything has it's season.
The prophets of Old prophesied about the birth of a saviour hundreds of years before it happened so how can I discountenace their prophecies?
The Israelites fought wars,God gave them levitical laws to obey,they offered sacrifices to blot their sins and the Bible tells us these are only shadows of things to come with very relevant lessons.
At the fullness of time.the covenant God started with Israel was perfected in Jesus such that we don't need the laws set down for Israelites as Christians.
We have his Spirit and his salvation and He became the final sacrifice.
So when you talk of OT abrogation I'm sure you're talking of stonings,killings,wars,fightings,etc.
Christ brought a better way.
The way of peace [b]where we are saved by His Grace not by services[/b]It's impossible for you to understand it since you are not His.
and Islam teaches you to do do do so that your God may perhaps have mercy on you.
The Israelites needed the blood of bulls offered on their behalf by the high
Christians don't need any of that.
Christ paid the price and gave me victory
All I need to do is trust and obey and he'll work it out
guess something else
[b]My name is written in the book of life and I'm sure there's a crown waiting for me in glory[/b]Halleluia cool
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by olabowale(m): 3:29pm On Jun 19, 2009
@$Osisi: Am wondering if the love your lord and your neighbor stated by Jesus, as you claim in NT, does not kill off the OT, where there is more than love of God and Neighbors expressed?

How about the Kosher laws, etc? What about the Tabernacle, and the ArK of the Covenant, etc? What about the Temple Prayers, like how Moses worshipped?

You and your derailed the Thread by injecting nonsensicals. The Christian lie is always shifting like Quicksand!
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by noetic2: 3:41pm On Jun 19, 2009
olabowale:

@$Osisi: Am wondering if the love your lord and your neighbor stated by Jesus, as you claim in NT, does not kill off the OT, where there is more than love of God and Neighbors expressed?

How about the Kosher laws, etc? What about the Tabernacle, and the ArK of the Covenant, etc? What about the Temple Prayers, like how Moses worshipped?

You and your derailed the Thread by injecting nonsensicals. The Christian lie is always shifting like Quicksand!

are u now ready to accept Jesus as ur Lord, GOD and Saviour?
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 4:31pm On Jun 19, 2009
olabowale:

Nice Question
Please read below for your answer.Read it patiently.

Hebrews 10 >>
New International Version

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[size=16pt]Christ’s Sacrifice Once for All[/size]

1 [b]The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—[/b]not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship. 2 If it could, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins. 3 But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins, 4 because it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said:

“Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,

but a body you prepared for me;

6 with burnt offerings and sin offerings

you were not pleased.

7 Then I said, ‘Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll—

I have come to do your will, O God.’”a

8 First he said, “Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not desire, nor were you pleased with them” (although the law required them to be made). 9 Then he said, “Here I am, I have come to do your will.” He sets aside the first to establish the second. 10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11 Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God. 13 Since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool, 14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

15 The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:

16 “This is the covenant I will make with them

after that time, says the Lord.

I will put my laws in their hearts,

and I will write them on their minds.”b

17 Then he adds:

“Their sins and lawless acts

I will remember no more.”c

18 And where these have been forgiven, there is no longer any sacrifice for sin.

A Call to Persevere

19 Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. 25 Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28[b] Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, [/b] who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”d and again, “The Lord will judge his people.”e 31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 4:33pm On Jun 19, 2009
In the above Olabs,you see that God had a plan.
At the appointed time He sent his son because the sacrifices of Moses could not blot away sins.It covered sins and God had a better plan.
He wanted to have a better way and it took the blood of Jesus to do that so that you and I may have forgiveness of sins.
An everlasting covenant
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 19, 2009
At the appointed time He sent his son because the sacrifices of Moses could not blot away sins.It covered sins and God had a better plan.He wanted to have a better way and it took the blood of Jesus to do that so that you and I may have forgiveness of sins.

na wa o. so what the christain god did the first time was not so good?

are you saying the the creator of perfect human beings etal got it wrong the first time?  undecided

considering the state of the world today, this grand schemem is another failure. so what next , episode III?

i mean come on, i can understand products like cars, computers etc ;they re made by people and will always be imperfect and always require improvement . what you say for me borders on blasphemy - a god that doesn't know what hes doing and has to come up with a 'better plan'

oh well, good to know that the OT was not abrogated. so we can get to stoning adulterers  cheesy , marrying multiple wives etc  cheesy

31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

You are without knowledge so you don't understand.

and the same to you cheesy grin
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 4:58pm On Jun 19, 2009
Olabs again see this

Hebrews 9
1Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.

2For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the shewbread; which is called the sanctuary.

3And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all;

4Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;

5And over it the cherubims of glory shadowing the mercyseat; of which we cannot now speak particularly.

6Now when these things were thus ordained, the priests went always into the first tabernacle, accomplishing the service of God.

7But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:

8The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:

The above described the worship of old.
The Bible calls it the old covenant.
The priest inquired of God on the people's behalf
Keep reading and see the better covenant

9Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;

10Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

11But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

12Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

13For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

14How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

The better way

15And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

16For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

17For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

18Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.

19For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,

20Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.

21Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.

22And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

23It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

24For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

25Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;

26For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

27And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

28So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 4:59pm On Jun 19, 2009
oyb:

na wa o. so what the christain god did the first time was not so good?

are you saying the the creator of perfect human beings etal got it wrong the first time?  undecided

considering the state of the world today, this grand schemem is another failure. so what next , episode III?

i mean come on, i can understand products like cars, computers etc ;they re made by people and will always be imperfect and always require improvement . what you say for me borders on blasphemy - a god that doesn't know what hes doing and has to come up with a 'better plan'

oh well, good to know that the OT was not abrogated. so we can get to stoning adulterers  cheesy , marrying multiple wives etc  cheesy
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

and the same to you cheesy grin

cherry picker
what happened to the satanic verses lipsrsealed
remember why you all wanted to silence Salman Rushdie
How about allah's abrogations lipsrsealed
Mo married 30 wives when allah says to marry 4 lipsrsealed
temporary marriages lipsrsealed

Adam fell and God gave us a better covenant in the person of Christ and the shed blood cool
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 19, 2009
^^^^^^

cherry picker

i learnt from the best . see, i have learnt something from people of the book cheesy

wetin dey with offtopic. cheesy cheesy

Adam fell and God gave us a better covenant in the person of Christ and the shed blood

er. . . theres a whole lot between adam and Jesus - so what happens to the poor schmucks caught in between undecided
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by sosisi(f): 6:00pm On Jun 19, 2009
oyb:

^^^^^^

i learnt from the best . see, i have learnt something from people of the book cheesy

wetin dey with offtopic. cheesy cheesy

er. . . theres a whole lot between adam and Jesus - so what happens to the poor schmucks caught in between undecided

People of da book you mean grin
Those who died without the law will be judged without the law,the Bible says
That has been taken care of.
Da book is complete grin
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by noetic2: 6:04pm On Jun 19, 2009
$osisi:

People of da book you mean grin
Those who died without the law will be judged without the law,the Bible says
That has been taken care of.
Da book is complete grin

do u really think u can educate an islamic "mullah"?
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 19, 2009
noetic2:

do u really think u can educate an islamic "mullah"?

osisi, you really need to train these aspiring Islam bashers in manners

your ranks are being diluted by these sorry excuses who cannot stand on two legs without their matriach propping them up cheesytongue
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by noetic2: 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2009
oyb:

osisi, you really need to train these aspiring Islam bashers in manners

your ranks are being diluted by these sorry excuses who cannot stand on two legs without their matriach propping them up cheesytongue

what EXACTLY was ur point?
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 19, 2009
you think you are the only one with license to insult /talk trash
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by noetic2: 6:30pm On Jun 19, 2009
oyb:

you think you are the only one with license to insult /talk trash

oh. . .so u were talking thrash? Now I know.
Re: Is Allah A Forgiving Diety? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 19, 2009
noetic2:

oh. . .so u were talking thrash? Now I know.

of course, now' i learnt that from you - people of 'da book' cheesy - i mean come one, thats all you do in here all day - talk trash tongue

btw, its trash not thrash cool see what happens to your english when you are all alone cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can I Skip A Day Without Fasting? / How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? / Annulling Engagement Because Of A Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.