Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,145 members, 7,811,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

When your bae says "I love you" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When your bae says "I love you" (49373 Views)

Lady Shows Off Her Money, Says “I Am Too Busy To Impress Haters And Fake People” / A Simple Mind Game To Know how your Bae feels about you. / When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

When your bae says "I love you" by Toks2008(m): 6:22pm On Jan 10, 2016
Over the years i have realized that LOVE is the most wrongly used word in the dictionary.

Do you know that when your bae says "I LOVE YOU",more often than not,that person is only stating his her feelings based on what he or she is benefiting from the union at that point in time?Take away the benefit(s) and see if such person will still profess an undying love for you.

I have seen many people who professed love to each other suddenly make a 360 degree turn and then i tend to wonder if they ever understood that word love.

I have heard of a situation where a man or woman found it so easy to walk away from the spouse and children after many years just to conclude that what they felt all through the years was probably pity and not love.

It has become the norm for us to now see a million dollar wedding crashing down even before it began and then these same people who were all smiles and curdled up on the wedding day, exchanging vows will turn against each other with so much hatred.

Husbands kill same woman they made a vow to love and wives do same to their hubbies even when they have borne the same man children.

How many husbands can still tell their wives "i love you" even if she denies him sex? how many husbands will still love their wives if she refuses to do her duties as a wife in the house? and how many women will still love their husbands even if he fails to live up to his status?

Judging from all these happenings i have decided to stop using that word love and any one who uses such word to describe his or her feelings for the partner must really take a chill pill and think deep before uttering such.

If from the real life situation i see, i think it will be reasonable for anyone to wait for at least 20years of being with your partner before you can truly say those words "I LOVE YOU" even if we all know that even after 30years people can still turn against each other but at least 20years is good enough to pass that assertion.

I have come to believe that LOVE can only exist between GOD and man and what humans feel is just a temporary feeling of desire which can be in form of initial gragra(Adrenaline love), infatuation(Unreasoning love),Lust or maybe a superficial love as a result of what you are getting from that person and in the absence of such will diminish.

Yes maybe i am over-flogging it,maybe we still have true love between very rare partners but the truth is that i would rather seek for a true friendship, a true bonding which i have found to be more realistic than that facade called True love.

My advice is that anyone in any affair should not put too much expectation but should just flow with the tide because that person who is all over you today can make a u-turn tomorrow and you will wonder if that is the same person you ever knew...

I hope this makes sense.

161 Likes 15 Shares

Re: When your bae says "I love you" by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: When your bae says "I love you" by Cutehector(m): 6:28pm On Jan 10, 2016
People just don't get it, especially the op.

Toks2008, pls don't be offended,

Wats ur idea abt love? What does it mean to u in your own words?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: When your bae says "I love you" by Toks2008(m): 6:30pm On Jan 10, 2016
Cutehector:
People just don't get it, especially the op.

Toks2008, pls don't be offended,

Wats ur idea abt love? What does it mean to u in your own words?

It is a second name for trash

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: When your bae says "I love you" by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 10, 2016
"Fucck" is wrongly used too. As in fucck u, fucck up, shut dah fucck up, fucck off, get dah fucck outta here, what dah fucck, what's my fuccking business, fuccking shiit, fucck ur papa, fucck ur mama, efritin fuccking

In short fucck worse pass love

NB: Op why did u modify. Ur original post was "wrong use of the word -love"

10 Likes

Re: When your bae says "I love you" by banjicom(m): 6:30pm On Jan 10, 2016
For d ladies when u hear d word I love u
Run...........

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When your bae says "I love you" by ArchEnemy(m): 6:30pm On Jan 10, 2016
Chief there is love even between a man and a woman

Just as there are a lot of things with counterfeits in the world and you ll still manage to find the original so also does true love exist. It may just be hard to find.

The other point is that love may be unidirectional but at least it is coming from one direction

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: When your bae says "I love you" by Slimzjoe(m): 6:31pm On Jan 10, 2016
'I Love you' is one of the greatest Keys to Many d00rs

15 Likes

Re: When your bae says "I love you" by Cutehector(m): 6:31pm On Jan 10, 2016
Toks2008:

so dat means God's love is trash? U berra be serious here!

5 Likes

Re: When your bae says "I love you" by ArchEnemy(m): 6:32pm On Jan 10, 2016
Toks2008:

you see
Trash?
How can you then love someone?

8 Likes

Re: When your bae says "I love you" by Toks2008(m): 6:33pm On Jan 10, 2016
Cutehector:
so dat means God's love is trash? U berra be serious here!

Read the main write up again and you will see the only love i wrote as true.

3 Likes

Re: When your bae says "I love you" by Cutehector(m): 6:33pm On Jan 10, 2016
ArchEnemy:
Chief there is love even between a man and a woman

Just as there are a lot of things with counterfeits in the world and you ll still manage to find the original so also does true love exist. It may just be hard to find.

The other point is that love may be unidirectional but at least it is coming from one direction
I agree with you on this.

3 Likes

Re: When your bae says "I love you" by Cutehector(m): 6:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
Toks2008:

Read the main write up again and you will see the only love i wrote as true.
I asked u a very simple question.. And u answered smth very very vague and myopic.

10 Likes

Re: When your bae says "I love you" by ArchEnemy(m): 6:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
Slimzjoe:
'I Love you' is one of the greatest Keys to Many d00rs
and what a pity
Used to take advantage of people ; something th at could ve made the world a better place

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When your bae says "I love you" by Cutehector(m): 6:35pm On Jan 10, 2016
ArchEnemy:
you see
Trash?
How can you then love someone?
don't just mind him... these are the people dat end up becomin wife batterers, cheaters etc.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When your bae says "I love you" by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 10, 2016
Love is complicated. Yeah. We don't understand it ourselves. Love don't last. It's just for some months or some years. Some are lucky 2 find it while some will never find it. Some will only experience it just once in a life time. I prefer true friendship which is even scarce. So, just love yourself.

14 Likes

Re: When your bae says "I love you" by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 10, 2016
That's because they don't know what it is,it's difinetion.And that it's a verb,an action not just something you say.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When your bae says "I love you" by Toks2008(m): 6:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
Cutehector:
I asked u a very simple question.. And u answered smth very very vague and myopic.

And my answer is very crystal clear dude;Real Love exists only between man and GOD but what we have between 99.99 humans are flimsy conditional temporary feeling of affection mistaken as love....QUOTE ME IN HEAVEN.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: When your bae says "I love you" by Cutehector(m): 6:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
HateU2:
Love is complicated. Yeah. We don't understand it ourselves. Love don't last. It's just for some months or some years. Some are lucky 2 find it while some will never find it. Some will only experience it just once in a life time. I prefer true friendship which is even scarce. So, just love yourself.
people think love is complicated, buh they got it all wrong.

Love is the most simplest form of action or force one could eva practice or feel.

U cannot talk abt friendship without love and u cannot talk abt love without friendship! They are together.

8 Likes

Re: When your bae says "I love you" by Toks2008(m): 6:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
HateU2:

LOBATAN!

1 Like

Re: When your bae says "I love you" by Cutehector(m): 6:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
QueenValerie:
That's because they don't know what it is,it's difinetion,and that it's a verb,it's what you do not what you say
thank u very much, ur comment so far is d most sensible.

2 Likes

Re: When your bae says "I love you" by StefanSalvatore: 6:42pm On Jan 10, 2016
There is true luv between partners but it eventually dies. Love is nt smthing dat can last till eternity cuz there r certain boundaries dat cnt b crossed by sm partners evn when they claim dat dey r in love

It's simply over rated
Re: When your bae says "I love you" by Cutehector(m): 6:44pm On Jan 10, 2016
StefanSalvatore:
There is true luv between partners but it eventually dies. Love is nt smthing dat can last till eternity cuz there r certain boundaries dat cnt b crossed by sm partners evn when they claim dat dey r in love

It's simply over rated
if u practice the definition of love frm queenvalerie's comment, den u"d understand d tru meanin behind love

1 Like

Re: When your bae says "I love you" by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 10, 2016
Cutehector:
thank u very much, ur comment so far is d most sensible.
Guy I modified it you're quote is outdated now smiley
Re: When your bae says "I love you" by Toks2008(m): 6:45pm On Jan 10, 2016
QueenValerie:
[b]That's because they don't know what it is,it's difinetion.And that it's a verb,an actionnot just something you say./b]

That is the point..it is the most wrongly used word cos they dont know what it means.

Tell me you are fond of me and i will be happer but tell me you love me and i will feel so uneasy because most times people use that word to expres a temporary adrenal rush of deaire.

Some men while making out with a woman will say "oh i love you" and some ladies will exclaim this word after making them happy in one way or the other...

3 Likes

Re: When your bae says "I love you" by Cutehector(m): 6:47pm On Jan 10, 2016
QueenValerie:
Guy I modified it you're quoteis outdated now smiley
what is dis one writing again.. what did u modify? I can still see a picture of d biblical definition of love in ur comment!
Re: When your bae says "I love you" by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
Toks2008:

That is the point..it is the most wrongly used word cos they dont know what it means.

Tell me you are fond of me and i will be happer but tell me you love me and i will feel so uneasy because most times people use that word to expres a temporary adrenal rush of deaire.

Some men while making out with a woman will say "oh i love you" and some ladies wile xclaim this word after making them happy in one way or the other...
Gosh that's how I feel about it,yes,tell me something else.I get you Op.
Re: When your bae says "I love you" by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
Love develops from friendship. Build friendship first before thinking about love. If u marry ur frnd, ur life will never be the same. Frienship matters
Cutehector:
people think love is complicated, buh they got it all wrong.

Love is the most simplest form of action or force one could eva practice or feel.

U cannot talk abt friendship without love and u cannot talk abt love without friendship! They are together.

1 Like

Re: When your bae says "I love you" by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 10, 2016
Toks2008:

LOBATAN!
Ki lo tan undecided
Re: When your bae says "I love you" by Cutehector(m): 6:50pm On Jan 10, 2016
HateU2:
Love develops from friendship. Build friendship first before thinking about love. If u marry ur frnd, ur life will never be the same. Frienship matters
we are saying the same thing!
Re: When your bae says "I love you" by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
Cutehector:
what is dis one writing again.. what did u modify? I can still see a picture of d biblical definition of love in ur comment!
Hehe smiley I modified the words I spoke/typed not the pic,it's a bit different now
Re: When your bae says "I love you" by Toks2008(m): 6:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
HateU2:
Ki lo tan undecided

You were spot on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Moment Groom Warned His Wedding MC Against Telling Him And His Bride To Dance / Rich Nigerian Man Force His Girlfriend To Eat A Whole Cake / Behold, Abuja’s New Prostitution Ring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.