Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,789 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? (5289 Views)

Sex Before Marriage Or Sex After Marriage? / 6 Foods Every Nigerian Woman Is Expected To Know How To Cook. / 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Indulge In Sex Before Marriage- Danceville (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 2:39pm On Jan 11, 2016
crotonite:

nooooo, i was in a car (about to comment sensibly on this thread), when one recklees speed freak dodged a pot-hole and almost ran into our car.

now you get it? i don't press phone on the street.

Thank heavens you're alright. If you're fine now, may we have your sensible comment please (or you refrain as a result of the near accident which co-incided with when you were about to make a comment).
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by obiorathesubtle: 2:55pm On Jan 11, 2016
4C2215131:

How much change are we looking at here? I know its a tough but to crack hence my wondering G what folks think about the issue.

We are quick to call a lady a strumpet for dating several guys and term guys shameless he-hoats for hopping from gal to gal never minding that we do not know the circumstances that informed it.

So I was thinking that despite the circumstances, how far can you go in being 'undersatnding' when your partner tells you (or you find out) how many members of the opposite sex they've been with intimately
bro.. It changes a lot.. Now, he/she doesn't even need to have the number of failed trail partners considered.. Makes no difference as he/she is very much sexually active...

Despite the circumstances? Yes.. I always think that way.. A lot of things in life are unavoidable.. Now.. For starters, I don't even need the info.. What will I use the statistics for??.. But if I eventually find out, it'll make no difference to me.. They're "circumstances" involved.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 11, 2016
4C2215131:

So you espouse the philosophy of total abstinence from relationship prior to marriage? Don't you think maybe one needs a little hands-on experience in a matter that may decide his/her happiness for a long time to come? Just a question as I'd appreciate your reason(s) for your stance.

sincerely, if i should bleEP a girl before we get married, then probably i will asume i am not the only guy that has humped her. a wierd looking stuff after marriage can easily get one filing his mind with all sort of false accusations.

i am still singleton, but i gat my eyes agape, searchinhg for that speciall one.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 11, 2016
Monalisa185:
as many as possible
I don't agree
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 4:09pm On Jan 11, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
bro.. It changes a lot.. Now, he/she doesn't even need to have the number of failed trail partners considered.. Makes no difference as he/she is very much sexually active...

Despite the circumstances? Yes.. I always think that way.. A lot of things in life are unavoidable.. Now.. For starters, I don't even need the info.. What will I use the statistics for??.. But if I eventually find out, it'll make no difference to me.. They're "circumstances" involved.

The ''ole "what you don't know won't hurt you" cliche. Cool, one can relate with that. It's best not to go searching for answers it seem as what one gets may change everything.

1 Like

Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 4:10pm On Jan 11, 2016
crotonite:

sincerely, if i should bleEP a girl before we get married, then probably i will asume i am not the only guy that has humped her. a wierd looking stuff after marriage can easily get one filing his mind with all sort of false accusations.

i am still singleton, but i gat my eyes agape, searchinhg for that speciall one.

So er, you're willing to risk the supposed dis-advantages that come with marrying someone whom you've not been sexually acquainted with?
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 4:12pm On Jan 11, 2016
MuhdG:

I don't agree

May we know why please.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 11, 2016
4C2215131:

So er, you're willing to risk the supposed dis-advantages that come with marrying someone whom you've not been sexually acquainted with?

exactly, i would do that for true love.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 11, 2016
4C2215131:

May we know why please.
Naa tongue
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 5:20pm On Jan 11, 2016
MuhdG:

Naa tongue

Very well then.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by juliusogedengbe(m): 5:21pm On Jan 11, 2016
UNCOUNTABLE
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 5:21pm On Jan 11, 2016
crotonite:

exactly, i would do that for true love.

You sure one of kind.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by Monalisa185(f): 9:25pm On Jan 11, 2016
MuhdG:
I don't agree
ehhh...put down your own opinion na...
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 10:51pm On Jan 11, 2016
juliusogedengbe:
UNCOUNTABLE

You really mean this? Given the sexual background of the experience.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 10:52pm On Jan 11, 2016
Monalisa185:

ehhh...put down your own opinion na...

Just like I said.

1 Like

Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by Monalisa185(f): 10:24am On Jan 12, 2016
4C2215131:

Even with the 'sex' caveat?
hehehehe.. I no know again o
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 10:53am On Jan 12, 2016
Monalisa185:

hehehehe.. I no know again o

That means you didn't read the post in its entirety? Lol.

It wouldn't be a mind boggling topic if sexual relations isn't involved. The notion or thought that your significant other has been had by whatever number of partners in his/her journey to you (his/her supposed true love) is what I'm trying to explore hence the question.

So please, try and 'know'.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by Monalisa185(f): 10:57am On Jan 12, 2016
4C2215131:

That means you didn't read the post in its entirety? Lol.

It wouldn't be a mind boggling topic if sexual relations isn't involved. The notion or thought that your significant other has been had by whatever number of partners in his/her journey to you (his/her supposed true love) is what I'm trying to explore hence the question.

So please, try and 'know'.

tbh? I only read the topic... I'll try and know now cheesy
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 11:13am On Jan 12, 2016
Monalisa185:

tbh? I only read the topic... I'll try and know now cheesy

Now that's a good girl/guy. Whadya think after going through the post?
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 12, 2016
4C2215131:
Well, folks of both sexes keep tossing words back and forth about the 'good' and 'bad' female or male and such.

So I wonder, how many guys can a girl date prior to settling down for her not to be regarded as wayward in her single years, same applies to the chaps.

We should remember some females are just not lucky in love and some cool chaps keep hooking up with Jezebels and Delilahs. So when the figures come in she's been found to have dated 10 fellas prior to meeting her current beau while he' s being through 15 members of the fairer sex before hooking up with the one he currently calls his.

Now does this make this lady and gent individuals that have lived promiscuous lives prior to settling down? What's your take? Quite a relative situation in my opinion if ever there was any.

How important is the body count?
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 12:08pm On Jan 12, 2016
andromida:

How important is the body count?

That is the crux of the matter? That's what I'm out to get.

OK, over here and maybe the world all over the body of your partner is termed sacrosanct hence the pain and hurt when a partner cheats. Now, everyone is looking for someone with a relatively chaste and not so damaged dating history(damaged here implying sexual relations).

So my question is how many lovers in the past is considered OK for a good girl ( not a runs girl or whatever) irrespective of the causative agent.

It sure matters to some folks and I want to know why despite the fact that extenuating circumstances led to him/her amassing a wealth of lovers prior to settling down.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 12, 2016
4C2215131:

So my question is how many lovers in the past is considered OK for a good girl ( not a runs girl or whatever) irrespective of the causative .

It depends on the person asking and what he is comfortable with.

Good girls know not to disclose such cheesy
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 12:41pm On Jan 12, 2016
andromida:

It depends on the person asking and what he is comfortable with.

Good girls know not to disclose such cheesy

So you mean one could be economical with the truth? Again, picture that he/she didn't disclose the info but somehow as it usually happens (guess the ether got ears after all) the truth came out.

So in your opinion, how many exes can you put up with?
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 12, 2016
4C2215131:

So you mean one could be economical with the truth? Again, picture that he/she didn't disclose the info but somehow as it usually happens (guess the ether got ears after all) the truth came out.

So in your opinion, how many exes can you put up with?

If the guy can tell the girl the true reason he is asking for the body count then she should not be economical with the truth. The only time such info comes to light is if the girl used to be the village slut. If the girl used to be a LovePeddler then she needs to let him know if she feels she can trust him.

Exes are not my concern except if the person knows they are relevant to the present or will be in the future.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 12:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
andromida:

If the guy can tell the girl the true reason he is asking for the body count then she should not be economical with the truth. The only time such info comes to light is if the girl used to be the village slut. If the girl used to be a LovePeddler then she needs to let him know if she feels she can trust him.

Exes are not my concern except if the person knows they are relevant to the present or will be in the future.

Very well then. OK, theoretically in your opinion, on yje average how many females/males would you expect a good partner to have dated prior to settling down ceteris paribus.

Putting the squeeze on you eh?
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 12, 2016
4C2215131:

Very well then. OK, theoretically in your opinion, on yje average how many females/males would you expect a good partner to have dated prior to settling down ceteris paribus.

Putting the squeeze on you eh?

Zero. grin grin grin

Ok for real it depends on the people involved if you want a girl/guy with low body count you should know where to look.

On the side at what stage of a relationship would you ask your girl how "many men have you slept with"?
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 1:10pm On Jan 12, 2016
andromida:

Zero. grin grin grin

Ok for real it depends on the people involved if you want a girl/guy with low body count you should know where to look.

On the side at what stage of a relationship would you ask your girl how "many men have you slept with"?

You know, things happen. One thing could lead to another and there's a domino effect where to keep things in focus, you gotta come out the closet.

You see, a lot of partners know stuff about their significant other that he/she ain't telling til something brings it up. An argument or whatever.

As for zero, well while it might be possible on the average this ain't so. Guess we all just have to look at the present and be content with what we have.

Searching for answers in the past might just Rob us of the present.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 12, 2016
4C2215131:

You know, things happen. One thing could lead to another and there's a domino effect where to keep things in focus, you gotta come out the closet.

You see, a lot of partners know stuff about their significant other that he/she ain't telling til something brings it up. An argument or whatever.

As for zero, well while it might be possible on the average this ain't so. Guess we all just have to look at the present and be content with what we have.

Searching for answers in the past might just Rob us of the present.

How is this a closet? feels like the person has committed a crime by being with a no of people in the past when he/she never dreamt they would ever meet you how have you now become the one who forgives the person for these acts? Its not a right simply because they are now in a relationship with you even if your own body count is zero. If at all any one should be concerned its the person you are questioning.

So you went to lengths to get stuff about your partner why the secrecy? i would think the reason you wanted to investigate was to bring things to light not to judge your partner or use as a weapon of offence during arguments.

If it bothers you so much there is no reason to be content with what does not satisfy.

In the body count scenario what answers are you searching for in the past?
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 1:40pm On Jan 12, 2016
andromida:

How is this a closet? feels like the person has committed a crime by being with a no of people in the past when he/she never dreamt they would ever meet you how have you now become the one who forgives the person for these acts? Its not a right simply because they are now in a relationship with you even if your own body count is zero. If at all any one should be concerned its the person you are questioning.

So you went to lengths to get stuff about your partner why the secrecy? i would think the reason you wanted to investigate was to bring things to light not to judge your partner or use as a weapon of offence during arguments.

If it bothers you so much there is no reason to be content with what does not satisfy.

In the body count scenario what answers are you searching for in the past?

Being human, never minding how hard we try we do use what we know even if we know it's not a proven fact as a weapon when provoked for whatever reason.

This be the reason why it's always best to walk away than say what comes to mind when provoked as then all you want to do is hurt the feelings of the next man.

@ closet thingy, it was used as a metaphor not necessarily implying that compromising facts were intentionally hidden from one's parrner.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 12, 2016
4C2215131:

Being human, never minding how hard we try we do use what we know even if we know it's not a proven fact as a weapon when provoked for whatever reason.

This be the reason why it's always best to walk away than say what comes to mind when provoked as then all you want to do is hurt the feelings of the next man.

@ closet thingy, it was used as a metaphor not necessarily implying that compromising facts were intentionally hidden from one's parrner.

Ok then.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by Monalisa185(f): 1:52pm On Jan 12, 2016
4C2215131:

Now that's a good girl/guy. Whadya think after going through the post?
girl/guy? interesting..... tbh, still have not gone through it tongue
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 1:58pm On Jan 12, 2016
Monalisa185:

girl/guy? interesting.....

tbh, still have not gone through it tongue

Don't know your gender hence the girl/guy quip (didn't mean any offence by it).

@ not reading it, the subject of the post summarized everything, everything is encapsulated in the title so you don't seem to have a solid case for not giving me that which I seek-an answer lol.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are These The Most Hated Nairalanders?...male And Female / Injuries I Sustained For Fighting For A Lady Last Night. Photos!! / What Really Happens At Night When 2 Couples Are Sleeping Together.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.