Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,114 members, 7,957,158 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:14 AM

2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly (33883 Views)

Tension Grips Nigerian City As Separatist Leader Goes Missing - REUTERS / Sheriff Missing At Convention As PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure / Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by porka: 7:18pm On Jan 12, 2016
nkowaputa:

It wasn't withdrawn but stolen. U support theft?

They are preparing the ground for the disappearances of public instruments.

They are laying the foundation for the disappearances of memos, vouchers and even human witnesses.

They will wipe out all the records of their atrocities to avoid prosecution after their tenure.

Criminals.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by 1miccza: 7:22pm On Jan 12, 2016
SmartMugu:
Nigeria is indeed a joke. How could the soft and hard copies of a country's budget be stolen? Is the budget a statue? Was the soft copy saved on a diskette? See how crude our leaders are. What happened to leveraging databases at the government level at the least.
Hope CNN airs this joke for the rest of the world to laugh at.

@ the last line you can be very sure that someone's already preparing his hilarious comedy script with this. Bros are you sure that our president and his clowns actually understands what a database is? How much more the word "leveraging"

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by harjayi(m): 7:35pm On Jan 12, 2016
by the type Buhari is through with Nigeria you will realise that there different type of CHANGE.
Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by betterABIAstate: 7:39pm On Jan 12, 2016
One day, they will steal money and tell us the document is missing, why didn't I come from Europe?
Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by orakao8: 7:47pm On Jan 12, 2016
is saraki a bodyguard?
kennycalls:
that's sarakis fault.
Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by aniblue(m): 7:51pm On Jan 12, 2016
I'm not surprise, after all everything is possible in Nig.

Pls, move this to FP
Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by gohzieh(m): 7:55pm On Jan 12, 2016
PHIPEX:
The way things are missing in this country very soon the rock in Aso Rock will go missing.

EFCC and DSS are busy looking for stolen funds forgetting to guard the few remaining national assets.

We complain of Dasuki stealing Billions of Naira, behold the current government has stolen the biggest budget Nigeria ever had. Who shall the DSS and EFCC arrest?

The security operatives will arrest Nigeria and search the whole houses in houses of Nigerians
Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by harjayi(m): 8:04pm On Jan 12, 2016
gohzieh:

The security operatives will arrest Nigeria and search the whole houses in houses of Nigerians
lol make dem no reach my door oo, na hot water i go pour for their body

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by anytexy: 8:29pm On Jan 12, 2016
masterblogger:
It was withdrawn not stolen
Don't mind them. I know. They can only fool gullibles
Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by ChizzyMaris(f): 8:42pm On Jan 12, 2016
Adminisher:
We support this. Let the Presidency spend more time to look at the budget. Let positive input go into it from the IMF recommendations. Let all luxury cars and unnecessary procurements be removed. Sai Baba. This is CHANGE.
And he has to "steal" it to do that?

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by Deepfreezer(m): 8:46pm On Jan 12, 2016
Adminisher:
We support this. Let the Presidency spend more time to look at the budget. Let positive input go into it from the IMF recommendations. Let all luxury cars and unnecessary procurements be removed. Sai Baba. This is CHANGE.
SHAME ON YOU. you know the truth.
Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by ChizzyMaris(f): 8:48pm On Jan 12, 2016
*Covers my face in shame*
Imagine 'my president' and co dont even know what a 'database' is. they even have the guts to claim it was "stolen".
Cases like this make me wish I was born in America.
Maybe the Nigerian police will start searching people's home to find where it was hidden.
mtcheew. This country is indeed a joke.
Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by Deepfreezer(m): 8:53pm On Jan 12, 2016
Shame on Buhari
Shame on APC
Shame on anybody that supported this government right from the start. nonsense . is this the Nigeria they want us to belong with? God forbid.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by preciousMI1(f): 8:54pm On Jan 12, 2016
yes

Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 12, 2016
great664:

cc: deji15 COME AND READ

You were arguing about this yesterday, I told you in any Lie there's an atom of truth. Hope its clear now that the said budget is withdraw but it will be an embarrassment so they term it STOLEN

AskYourself stolen by who?

You can't defend politicians, they are all the same.

Thank God it has been withdrawn and those changes we criticize, hopefully they will be corrected

It is up to you to believe or insinuate whatever suits you....

Some of us believe in this Govt, just like we believe there are still honest Nigerians. It is like saying all Nigerians are thieves. Would that be true?

<b>Presidency again denies withdrawing 2016 budget</b>

January 12, 2016

Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

The Presidency on Tuesday again said President Muhammadu Buhari has not withdrawn the 2016 Budget from the National Assembly.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, said this in his reaction to enquiries made on the whereabouts of the document.

There were reports earlier in the day that the document had been declared missing in the National Assembly.

But Shehu said the executive arm of government delivered copies of the budget in hundreds to the two chambers of the National Assembly.

He said since the document has ceased being the property of the executive the moment Buhari presented it to the National Assembly, enquiries about its whereabouts should be directed to the appropriate quarters.

He said, “Nobody except the President can withdraw the budget.

“As far as we know, he hasn’t done that.

“The copies in their hundreds have been delivered to both chambers of the National Assembly.

“By tradition, once the budget is submitted, it ceases to be our property.

“Enquiries as to where it is should be directed to the appropriate quarters.”

http://www.punchng.com/presidency-again-denies-withdrawing-2016-budget/
Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 12, 2016
great664:

cc: deji15 COME AND READ

You were arguing about this yesterday, I told you in any Lie there's an atom of truth. Hope its clear now that the said budget is withdraw but it will be an embarrassment so they term it STOLEN

AskYourself stolen by who?

You can't defend politicians, they are all the same.

Thank God it has been withdrawn and those changes we criticize, hopefully they will be corrected

Presidency again denies withdrawing 2016 budget

January 12, 2016

Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

The Presidency on Tuesday again said President Muhammadu Buhari has not withdrawn the 2016 Budget from the National Assembly.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, said this in his reaction to enquiries made on the whereabouts of the document.

There were reports earlier in the day that the document had been declared missing in the National Assembly.

But Shehu said the executive arm of government delivered copies of the budget in hundreds to the two chambers of the National Assembly.

He said since the document has ceased being the property of the executive the moment Buhari presented it to the National Assembly, enquiries about its whereabouts should be directed to the appropriate quarters.

“The copies in their hundreds have been delivered to both chambers of the National Assembly.

Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by dandig(m): 9:04pm On Jan 12, 2016
drss:
is buari trying to add more BMW to his presidential fleet
dis govt is a MASSIVE joke sad so after swearing heaven n earth dat govt had no plans to withdraw 2016 budget from nass following criticism of its contents, they still went ahead to withdraw it secretly How can d executive withdraw national budget without any form of communication Are they planning to do correction through d back door Dis is corruption.
see why we wailers say buari cant fight corruption
- impunity is corruption.
- Disrespect of arms of govt is corruption.
- not following due process n rule of law is corruption.
since buari govt is guilty of all d above, how can he fight corruption
Corruption cant fight corruption.
......i am sorry to quote you but In as much as the budget was 'withdrawn secretly (wrong and undemocratic),i think its for the benefit of the masses this Buhari of a man seems to be listening to us wailing through the media...in his interview, he shocked us all as regards the issue of NASS vehicle procurement and him being unaware of the real amount.i watched an interview on NTA days ago where the chief whip HOUS of REPS was ranting and shouting about their right to own vehicles and many entitlements...with these, don't you think president Buhari the commander in chief is trying to mend the faulty budget?well that's if he truly withdrew it
Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by simdam500(m): 9:10pm On Jan 12, 2016
That was how one members of APC in d how of rep was begging on AIT today to let them ave N9m car and was using "change" as collateral, seekin for benefit of the doubt.

I hope dis claim change isn't a strategy to milk nigeria dry
Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by Deepfreezer(m): 9:13pm On Jan 12, 2016
Shame on Buhari
Shame on APC
Shame on anybody that supported this government right from the start. nonsense . is this the Nigeria they want us to belong with? God forbid.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 12, 2016
deji15:

January 12, 2016

Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by Image123(m): 9:25pm On Jan 12, 2016
Is this a joke? i have a copy of the appropriation bill, the ministry of budget and planning made it available on the internet. How can the Senate not find a copy. These fellows are a waste if true.
Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by raffite: 10:12pm On Jan 12, 2016
Adminisher:
So stealing it is the way to do it? Laughable.
Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by kutchs: 10:31pm On Jan 12, 2016
dandig:
......i am sorry to quote you but In as much as the budget was 'withdrawn secretly (wrong and undemocratic),i think its for the benefit of the masses this Buhari of a man seems to be listening to us wailing through the media...in his interview, he shocked us all as regards the issue of NASS vehicle procurement and him being unaware of the real amount.i watched an interview on NTA days ago where the chief whip HOUS of REPS was ranting and shouting about their right to own vehicles and many entitlements...with these, don't you think president Buhari the commander in chief is trying to mend the faulty budget?well that's if he truly withdrew it
You know it's really a shame there are Nigerians defending this 'wrong and undemocratic' act (permit me to borrow from you). A govt of change should do everything right and in a democratic way.
We would have understood if they withdraw it legally given all the discrepancies contained therein as pointed out by the 'wailing wailers' and defended by the lying liars but stealing it in the middle of the night is the worst form of corruption and anyone defending this impunity needs to have his head examined.
When news broke that the budget has been withdrawn the presidency was quick in denying it and many people foolishly believed it because in their eyes Buhari is Jesus that can't do wrong. Now isn't this a confirmation that the presidency and the president were lying afte all?

It's a shame and very unfortunate that we have to put up with this for the next three years.

Much as I hate to say it but Buhari has shown with this budget and many others that he doesn't possess what it takes to pilot the affairs of Nigeria now or tomorrow. For a president to withdraw budget presented with so much fanfare and at so much cost to the lean purse of the country shows he didn't make input to it in the first place and didn't check through before rushing to submit.

What it shows too is that the president doesn't understand and appreciate the economic realities Nigeria face. He's more interested in fighting perceived political opponent than saving Nigeria from the economic disaster. If he has put half the energy he has put in the fight against PDP into the budget preparation we wouldn't be in this mess now.
Thank God for the Senate that made this public, how else do we convince the gullible sai baba zoobies that their man lied his way to power. It is a big shame.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by dammygtnet(m): 10:35pm On Jan 12, 2016
Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by jaybim: 11:03pm On Jan 12, 2016
This whole drama has left me with the conclusion that it's either most people don't read before commenting, or they read but don't understand before commenting or most people on this thread are just ignorant.
How a missing document in the house of assembly translates to incompetence and ineptitude on the part of the executive and the president in particular still beats me.
So I give someone money, HE misplaces it and the whole world turns to ME and say that I'M careless. undecided

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 12, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I blame Dasuki
Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by Twill92: 11:26pm On Jan 12, 2016
Just incase you buy roasted corn or yam... please check the paper they wrap it in o... who knows if you will be lucky to find it for us....
Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by great664(m): 6:55am On Jan 13, 2016
[s]
deji15:

January 12, 2016

Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

[/s]

Stop being blind Mr. and defending everything, To what End?

When have you heard in Nigeria History that Budget submitted to the Red Chamber develop wings over night and fly away?

In Pointed it out that it's an embarrassment to say it was withdraw to be amended when they were suppose to sit on it yesterday? Why are you Biased in ur judgement . Don't be a blind follower, you are smarter than that.

There is an atom of truth in every LIE. It's a good thing for the masses? Tell me, do you think Buhari supported using 17Million to buy C-Caution in case his car broke down on the way? So President car dey break down and then go leave am for road abey?
Those may be the adjustment and also the 3.6B for BMW which the Red Chamber frown upon because he denied them thiers and many morr...
Pls be wiser a little
Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by great664(m): 7:17am On Jan 13, 2016
[s]
jaybim:
I have read and reread the post... I failed to see you where it was stated that the executive is responsible for the missing document. Why are people blaming the president, when all the venom should be directed at the lawmakers? Let's try to be logical with criticism abeg
[/s] You don't seem to understand why they are accusing the Executive or you are just being biased, anything against your master is wrong. Be on the fence for once then you will see clearer.

It was reported days back that Buhari withdraw the Budget to effect some changes but the President denied it, fast forward to today, the Budget went missing, what do you expect the masses to say? Who will be the first suspect?

#AskYourself
Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by great664(m): 7:26am On Jan 13, 2016
blank:
How's it possible for the soft copies to be stolen? Did they delete it, steal the laptop, corrupt the file? Seriously, no one made a single copy?

God help this country. Sometimes I just want to run away and never return.
They were suppose to sit on it , so know legislature take a copy hone to read so as to contribute, correct or discriminate, what a useless Chamber? It's stolen End of Discussion so if it was not stolen no adjustment or input from the law makers? There was indeed a country
Re: 2016 Budget Goes Missing At National Assembly by jaybim: 7:37am On Jan 13, 2016
great664:
[s][/s] You don't seem to understand why they are accusing the Executive or you are just being biased, anything against your master is wrong. Be on the fence for once then you will see clearer.

It was reported days back that Buhari withdraw the Budget to effect some changes but the President denied it, fast forward to today, the Budget went missing, what do you expect the masses to say? Who will be the first suspect?

#AskYourself

This is amusing. We both do not have any concrete evidence stating explicitly what happened to the budget. I question how u came to your conclusion (which u still haven't showed) and I am biased but you aren't? Ok
So such a sensitive document is reported missing in the house of assembly and u ignore the house to face the executive?
Please O, I know I'm biased and u are not... But if I give YOU money and then days later u wind up losing it, people should leave you and call me names right?

It's all good, continue playing ostrich. This Senate has moved to one show of shame to another since its inauguration, but I guess I'm the only one seeing that... After all, I'm simply biased and blind.

FYI...soft copies nko?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Charly Boy Disses Tinubu Over His Age(video) / Wike Received APC Senator Aliyu Magatakarda Wammako Today In Rivers State / Throwback Photo Of Senator Ben Murray-bruce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.