Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,381 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married (32867 Views)

Check Out The First Topics To Grace Nairaland Frontpage / How To Kip A Conversation Goin.list Of Topics To Talk To A Girl About... / 6-topics-you-need-to-discuss-with-your-partner-before-getting-married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 12, 2016
Am a Relationship person. Though not married, but I try to learn a lot.
Apart from choosing the wedding date, venue and caterer for your day, there are other deeper issues you both need to discuss with each other. Issues where you need to open up to your partner completely and let him/her in.

Without discussing these crucial issues before marriage might be unwise and may have repercussions later on in the marriage.
Here are the issues below:

1.Your past: Have you told him/her about any negative or positive experience from your past that has a significant effect on your life? Your history can impact your marriage’s future. Allow him/her to be part of it and move forward as a couple. Do not let your past haunt your future.

2.Family obligations: How will you celebrate the holidays? Do you plan to spend Christmas at your folks’house, and New Year’s Day with his family? Things as simple as these can spike arguments in the future. Lay all the cards down in terms of your financial obligations on each side. Are you okay with allotting a certain percentage of his salary to his parents?

3.Division of house labor: When it’s just the two of you at home, hiring a helper may mean an unnecessary expense, so it’s only practical that you two discuss the division of house chores. If you really loathe washing the dishes, compromise that you’ll be in charge of cooking and table cleanup. If your man hates doing the laundry, volunteer to wash the clothes and ask him to be in charge of the clothesline. This way, you won’t hate each other, while maintaining the upkeep of your love nest.

4.Sex: Newlywed sex is fun and exciting, but as you count the wedding anniversaries, one of you can sometimes overlook its value. Explain to him your expectations and limits, or how you two can maintain the spice in the bedroom.

5.Secrets: Whether it’s something you did that you regret, a health issue, or a family secret, he/she deserves to know it. Also, since he’s basically going to be part of the family, divulging these details matter. It’s better that he/she hears it from you than from someone else.

6.Faith: If you have different religions, say, he’s a Renewed Christian and you’re a Catholic, confer with one another which church you’ll be spending Sundays at. Also, if you do plan to have kids, finalize what religion they’ll be following.

74 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Kaysalas(m): 10:36pm On Jan 12, 2016
This is gonna make frontpage, lemme FIDIMaaYE hia!
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 12, 2016
hmmmm,
food for thought

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 12, 2016
Wait,but you forgot to add:discuss having kids

14 Likes

Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by nanauju(f): 11:42pm On Jan 12, 2016
Health issues nko
Potential FP topic
Make I park
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 13, 2016
QueenValerie:
Wait,but you forget to add:discuss having kids
I personally agree that kids can't be planned for. Especially here in Nigeria. Anytin can happen. Even when u plan for 2 kids, u might end up with four.. #coldWeather. Lol

12 Likes

Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 13, 2016
Good one op

Hmmm what about agreement on toilet washing turn by turn cheesy

9 Likes

Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 13, 2016
Agubushmenyo:
I personally agree that kids can't be planned for. Especially here in Nigeria. Anytin can happen. Even when u plan for 2 kids, u might end up with four.. #coldWeather. Lol
Dang the weather can do that,I'ma have to bundle up well then wink No seriously I meant discuss if they both want kids.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by dannyduks: 8:50am On Jan 13, 2016
Nice one but how about financial obligation and the kind of account the family should run

3 Likes

Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 13, 2016
QueenValerie:
Dang the weather can do that,I'ma have to bundle up well then wink No seriously I meant discuss if they both want kids.
In Nigeria?? Everybody want kids joor grin personally, I want like 5 kids grin

3 Likes

Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 13, 2016
Agubushmenyo:
In Nigeria?? Everybody want kids joor grin personally, I want like 5 kids grin
No not Nigeria,America,I'm African American.I don't want kids,blame it on babysitting if you wanna wink
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 13, 2016
QueenValerie:
No not Nigeria,America,I'm African American.I don't want kids,blame it on babysitting if you wanna wink
funny you. Hope you won't end up having like 7 grin. I heard 7 stands for perfection!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 13, 2016
Agubushmenyo:
funny you. Hope you won't end up having like 7 grin. I heard 7 stands for perfection!!
Buddy trust I'll end up with this many 0 cheesy That's perfection for me.
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by donTbone(m): 12:17pm On Jan 13, 2016
QueenValerie:
Wait,but you forgot to add:discuss having kids
Why are you so obsessed with having kids?
undecided undecided undecided
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 13, 2016
donTbone:

Why are you so obsessed with having kids?
undecided undecided undecided
. I think that's something that should be on the list,if one part of a pair wants kids while the other doesn't it could cause issues,arguments.Someone would have to give in.Best to make sure your compatible before taking a step down the asile.
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by donTbone(m): 12:24pm On Jan 13, 2016
QueenValerie:
. I think that's something that should be on the list,if one part of a pair wants kids while the other doesn't it could cause issues,arguments.Someone would have to give in.Best to make sure your compatible before taking a step down the asile.
Am afraid! cry
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 13, 2016
donTbone:

Am afraid! cry
why?
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Dabigbroda(m): 12:29pm On Jan 13, 2016
ok
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by donTbone(m): 12:34pm On Jan 13, 2016
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 13, 2016
donTbone:

lipsrsealed
What dude,spit it out.
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 13, 2016
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Michizzy(f): 3:02pm On Jan 13, 2016
Nice points but Financial issues and number of kids should be discussed too.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Justiyke4u: 3:07pm On Jan 13, 2016
Very vital
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
Michizzy:
Nice points but Financial issues and number of kids should be discussed too.
you think such an agreement can be kept to? I mean number of kids..
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Michizzy(f): 9:28pm On Jan 13, 2016
Agubushmenyo:
you think such an agreement can be kept to? I mean number of kids..
I know its hard to keep but you should discuss it. A friend said he would love to have 12 kids shocked grin. What if fiancee wants 2 or 3 kids?
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by jericco1(m): 9:36pm On Jan 13, 2016
I like it
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by fullstreets: 10:12pm On Jan 13, 2016
I no dey do house chores, secondly, she must like APC.
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Yksoul(m): 10:32pm On Jan 13, 2016
I THINK WOULD-BE COUPLES SHOULD ASK EACH OTHER: HAVE U ABORTED PREGNANCY BEFORE? WOULD U ALLOW MY SIBLING TO STAY WITH US FOR 2YEARS FOR THEM TO BE ON THEIR OWN?
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by lurlah2014(f): 10:44pm On Jan 13, 2016
Talking about the nos of kids is important, cos i have witness a soldier giving his wife an option of divorce or abortion after the 3 children deal they had #when she was pregnant for the forth time which he said she broke their agreement of strictly 3 children
Agubushmenyo:

1 Like

Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 13, 2016
Agubushmenyo:
grin
. What is he trying to say,do you know?He won't tell me.
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 12:30am On Jan 14, 2016
I once saw a beutiful lady living off campus,she is still studying Law 200L althought am graduate waiting to be mobilised A16, her charming smile made me to fall in love with her, I met her on her way from school so I drove her home by the way am able to got her contact and she showed me her place, she happy felt when ever she saw me we gist a lot, but as soon as I left when I call on phone she will not pick untill I went back to her room to remained her she will keep on saying her phone is charging. I'm the shy type I cant tell that I love her directly also time is not by my side, she is perfect curve,moderately tall,white. Please help me because I want to marry her very soon.
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 1:11am On Jan 14, 2016
Lalasticlala do you think number of kids should be discussed? Let's hear people's opinions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"If I date a man for 3 months and I don’t cheat, then that’s my husband" - lady. / Young Man Cries A River After Being Dumped By Girlfriend (VIDEO) / RE: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.