Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,983 members, 7,821,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married (32882 Views)

Check Out The First Topics To Grace Nairaland Frontpage / How To Kip A Conversation Goin.list Of Topics To Talk To A Girl About... / 6-topics-you-need-to-discuss-with-your-partner-before-getting-married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by yemmit90: 12:44pm On Jan 14, 2016
Asapcymg:
I once saw a beutiful lady living off campus,she is still studying Law 200L althought am graduate waiting to be mobilised A16, her charming smile made me to fall in love with her, I met her on her way from school so I drove her home by the way am able to got her contact and she showed me her place, she happy felt when ever she saw me we gist a lot, but as soon as I left when I call on phone she will not pick untill I went back to her room to remained her she will keep on saying her phone is charging. I'm the shy type I cant tell that I love her directly also time is not by my side, she is perfect curve,moderately tall,white. Please help me because I want to marry her very soon.

Since time is not on your side, please dont waste your time on undergraduates female(especially those in 300L downwards), they still have more time to exploit.

Besides, you need more than physical attributes in a woman you should call wife. Talk to her to know her perspective about her ideal man/relationship.
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by guente02(m): 12:46pm On Jan 14, 2016
Nland sef.
The members always know thread that'll make fp because they can smartly predict the mods actions.
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 14, 2016
yemmit90:

Since time is not on your side, please dont waste your time on undergraduates female(especially those in 300L downwards), they still have more time to exploit.

Besides, you need more than physical attributes in a woman you should call wife. Talk to her to know her perspective about her ideal man/relationship.
do you mean let me ask her whether she is engage in any relationship?
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by KINGOZEK(m): 12:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
This is very interesting topic. Don't be one minute man again! Learn Simple techniques to last longer in bed naturally and ways to give your partner Earth shaking Orgasm that she can never forget in Her life time. Check my signature for details
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by yemmit90: 12:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
aalangel:

Leave all those discussions. People discuss more than this and still have failed marriages. Let God's word be your bedrock and take it along in every little step.

May God bless you!

Many of us forgot the dynamism nature of our existence. People and things change with time, there are some unforseen/unexplanable and unplaned circumstances one must abided by in the marriage.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by onstelly(f): 1:04pm On Jan 14, 2016
fullstreets:
I no dey do house chores, secondly, she must like APC.
You lie smiley
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by oluwafreshkid(m): 1:13pm On Jan 14, 2016
donTbone:

How about the bolded? undecided
And dont tell me that its cos I is next
to U cos i wont take it grin
You just answered yourself.
Typos are different from grammatical errors
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by yemmit90: 1:16pm On Jan 14, 2016
Asapcymg:

No,and dont ever ask a female such question.

I meant something like "what is her plan after school", "when is she going to get marry", "can she get marry soon if she see her dream guy". Remember 200L law student still have like 5years more to complete both uni and law school.

Dont be serious when asking her so that you wont sounds like a desperate guy.
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Moyarh(m): 1:20pm On Jan 14, 2016
Agubushmenyo:
I personally agree that kids can't be planned for. Especially here in Nigeria. Anytin can happen. Even when u plan for 2 kids, u might end up with four.. #coldWeather. Lol

That is why there are family planning methods now, there are many ways around such issues, Sir.
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 14, 2016
yemmit90:

No,and dont ever ask a female such question.

I meant something like "what is her plan after school", "when is she going to get marry", "can she get marry soon if she see her dream guy". Remember 200L law student still have like 5years more to complete both uni and law school.

Dont be serious when asking her so that you wont sounds like a desperate guy.
thanks friend
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Pamelayoung: 1:51pm On Jan 14, 2016
Asapcymg:
I once saw a beutiful lady living off campus,she is still studying Law 200L althought am graduate waiting to be mobilised A16, her charming smile made me to fall in love with her, I met her on her way from school so I drove her home by the way am able to got her contact and she showed me her place, she happy felt when ever she saw me we gist a lot, but as soon as I left when I call on phone she will not pick untill I went back to her room to remained her she will keep on saying her phone is charging. I'm the shy type I cant tell that I love her directly also time is not by my side, she is perfect curve,moderately tall,white. Please help me because I want to marry her very soon.

Oyo na em be ur new name
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 14, 2016
Pamelayoung:

Oyo na em be ur new name
u mean lover boy
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 14, 2016
Pamelayoung:

Oyo na em be ur new name
u mean lover boy
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by blessedqueen(f): 2:17pm On Jan 14, 2016
Asapcymg:

Wetin u type for here abeg
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Bollove: 2:24pm On Jan 14, 2016
so me and my wife gatto discuss who wash d dishes and who do the laundry.
Bullcrap, that marriage is a business then and it will soon collapsed.
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 14, 2016
theses and other crucial issues like how will u react if paradventure u catch me cheating shouls also be discussed and will u mind my siblings stayin with us for a while
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
Lordkratus:
Who the hell wants to get married and not have kids?that just weird.then just remain in a relationship with no commitments.
. But sir the marriage is a commitment.
And while nice it requires a lot of work.
My future hubby should only be so grateful I'm sparing him more. wink

passionate88:
angry cool
. I don't speak emoji friend,I have no idea what you're saying.But the little guy with the glasses on is kinda cute.
Agubushmenyo:
I don't knw dear. Its just funny sha. Maybe you should think of having kids
. I have and decided it's gonna be a no for me.
pete26:

Funny how a lady wouldn't wanna have kids, cos of babysitting? If u wanna get married the n procreation is a necessity. Remember u're an offspring of someone. And as a lady u're a potential mum
Well babysitting gave me a small preview into motherhood and what I saw I didn't care for.
Potential Mama yes,but babysitting made sure I'd never fulfill that potential wink
Why if I may ask is it a necessity?
There are plenty married and unmarried folk having kids,that should cover for me not havin' any. cheesy

Goodafternoon gentlemen.
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 14, 2016
Asapcymg:

Don't tell me u ain't dumb dude because u seem like...
No offence pls.
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by aalangel(f): 4:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
iAmCharis:
People discuss more than this and still have failed marriages isn't enough reason why you shouldn't discuss it.

Talking about letting God's word be your bedrock..
Luke 14:28-29 (KJV)
28: For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him

Luke 14:28-29 (Amplified)
28 “But don’t begin until you count the cost. For who would begin construction of a building without first getting estimates and then checking to see if he has enough money to pay the bills?

29 Otherwise he might complete only the foundation before running out of funds. And then how everyone would laugh!

Are you married?
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by HeavenShield: 4:58pm On Jan 14, 2016
Asapcymg:
help on how to tell her my love
You are a man. Be a man. Act as a man. Simple: Tell her your mind and go and rest. Is it worth dying for? NO. But just MAKE SURE she loves you. Find a love test that will be applicable to her. In all, make sure you go to church..
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by aalangel(f): 4:58pm On Jan 14, 2016
iAmCharis:
People discuss more than this and still have failed marriages isn't enough reason why you shouldn't discuss it.

Talking about letting God's word be your bedrock..
Luke 14:28-29 (KJV)
28: For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him

Luke 14:28-29 (Amplified)
28 “But don’t begin until you count the cost. For who would begin construction of a building without first getting estimates and then checking to see if he has enough money to pay the bills?

29 Otherwise he might complete only the foundation before running out of funds. And then how everyone would laugh!

And I never said they shouldn't discuss. It's normal to discuss. It's just not the main thing. Enter first, you'll forget all you discussed.
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by gveeh(m): 5:42pm On Jan 14, 2016
Am about to sacrifice my manhood for fame and fortune but i dont know how to tell her
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by aariwa(m): 5:50pm On Jan 14, 2016
Agubushmenyo:
Am a Relationship person. Though not married, but I try to learn a lot.
Apart from choosing the wedding date, venue and caterer for your day, there are other deeper issues you both need to discuss with each other. Issues where you need to open up to your partner completely and let him/her in.

Without discussing these crucial issues before marriage might be unwise and may have repercussions later on in the marriage.
Here are the issues below:

1.Your past: Have you told him/her about any negative or positive experience from your past that has a significant effect on your life? Your history can impact your marriage’s future. Allow him/her to be part of it and move forward as a couple. Do not let your past haunt your future.

2.Family obligations: How will you celebrate the holidays? Do you plan to spend Christmas at your folks’house, and New Year’s Day with his family? Things as simple as these can spike arguments in the future. Lay all the cards down in terms of your financial obligations on each side. Are you okay with allotting a certain percentage of his salary to his parents?

3.Division of house labor: When it’s just the two of you at home, hiring a helper may mean an unnecessary expense, so it’s only practical that you two discuss the division of house chores. If you really loathe washing the dishes, compromise that you’ll be in charge of cooking and table cleanup. If your man hates doing the laundry, volunteer to wash the clothes and ask him to be in charge of the clothesline. This way, you won’t hate each other, while maintaining the upkeep of your love nest.

4.Sex: Newlywed sex is fun and exciting, but as you count the wedding anniversaries, one of you can sometimes overlook its value. Explain to him your expectations and limits, or how you two can maintain the spice in the bedroom.

5.Secrets: Whether it’s something you did that you regret, a health issue, or a family secret, he/she deserves to know it. Also, since he’s basically going to be part of the family, divulging these details matter. It’s better that he/she hears it from you than from someone else.

6.Faith: If you have different religions, say, he’s a Renewed Christian and you’re a Catholic, confer with one another which church you’ll be spending Sundays at. Also, if you do plan to have kids, finalize what religion they’ll be following.

Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by kaltume37(f): 7:35pm On Jan 14, 2016
I think number 5 is irrelevant, how can tell a secrete to someone who doesn't keep secretes ¿ that's an outright foolishness.. I think the other 5 are just enough .
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by GoodFaith: 7:54pm On Jan 14, 2016
Agubushmenyo:
Am a Relationship person. Though not married, but I try to learn a lot.
Apart from choosing the wedding date, venue and caterer for your day, there are other deeper issues you both need to discuss with each other. Issues where you need to open up to your partner completely and let him/her in.

Without discussing these crucial issues before marriage might be unwise and may have repercussions later on in the marriage.
Here are the issues below:

1.Your past: Have you told him/her about any negative or positive experience from your past that has a significant effect on your life? Your history can impact your marriage’s future. Allow him/her to be part of it and move forward as a couple. Do not let your past haunt your future.

2.Family obligations: How will you celebrate the holidays? Do you plan to spend Christmas at your folks’house, and New Year’s Day with his family? Things as simple as these can spike arguments in the future. Lay all the cards down in terms of your financial obligations on each side. Are you okay with allotting a certain percentage of his salary to his parents?

3.Division of house labor: When it’s just the two of you at home, hiring a helper may mean an unnecessary expense, so it’s only practical that you two discuss the division of house chores. If you really loathe washing the dishes, compromise that you’ll be in charge of cooking and table cleanup. If your man hates doing the laundry, volunteer to wash the clothes and ask him to be in charge of the clothesline. This way, you won’t hate each other, while maintaining the upkeep of your love nest.

4.Sex: Newlywed sex is fun and exciting, but as you count the wedding anniversaries, one of you can sometimes overlook its value. Explain to him your expectations and limits, or how you two can maintain the spice in the bedroom.

5.Secrets: Whether it’s something you did that you regret, a health issue, or a family secret, he/she deserves to know it. Also, since he’s basically going to be part of the family, divulging these details matter. It’s better that he/she hears it from you than from someone else.

6.Faith: If you have different religions, say, he’s a Renewed Christian and you’re a Catholic, confer with one another which church you’ll be spending Sundays at. Also, if you do plan to have kids, finalize what religion they’ll be following.

Money
Repeat after me Money
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by GoodFaith: 7:55pm On Jan 14, 2016
Michizzy:
Nice points but Financial issues and number of kids should be discussed too.
That is number one issue to address
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by GoodFaith: 7:59pm On Jan 14, 2016
yemmit90:

May God bless you!

Many of us forgot the dynamism nature of our existence. People and things change with time, there are some unforseen/unexplanable and unplaned circumstances one must abided by in the marriage.
You have life experience --
There are lot of kids in Nairaland
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 14, 2016
amunkita:

Them see my future before giving me the name...
What a Name....lol. from my little ibo understanding U mean nkita as in Dog and
Amu as in wat dey use to pee..... Chai..
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by danjaD(m): 8:27pm On Jan 14, 2016
All dis na oyinbo rules
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 14, 2016
HeavenShield:

You are a man. Be a man. Act as a man. Simple: Tell her your mind and go and rest. Is it worth dying for? NO. But just MAKE SURE she loves you. Find a love test that will be applicable to her. In all, make sure you go to church..
is this a sign of love when she is asking my friends my where about
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 14, 2016
aalangel:

Leave all those discussions. People discuss more than this and still have failed marriages. Let God's word be your bedrock and take it along in every little step.
Hello.. Its not all about been spiritual @all times. asking questions makes u know ur spouse agenda for himself and U. This are d mistakes most p make b4 entering a relatationship/marriage wth regret... What if he is d type dat doesnt take his bath daily or has allergy or wants to av 12 kids? will u endure because u av decided to b spiritual and so u av to accept such?

Been spiritual is also Good but too much of it (over spiritual) isnt d best..
Re: 6 Topics To Be Discussed Before You Get Married by aalangel(f): 11:04pm On Jan 14, 2016
akinsal:

Hello.. Its not all about been spiritual @all times. asking questions makes u know ur spouse agenda for himself and U. This are d mistakes most p make b4 entering a relatationship/marriage wth regret... What if he is d type dat doesnt take his bath daily or has allergy or wants to av 12 kids? will u endure because u av decided to b spiritual and so u av to accept such?

Been spiritual is also Good but too much of it (over spiritual) isnt d best..

You don't know anything till you are both married. Simple!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"If I date a man for 3 months and I don’t cheat, then that’s my husband" - lady. / Why Are You Presently Not Dating? / ABSU Student Proposed To His Girlfriend With Guitar On Campus (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.