Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (629501 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by gees101(m): 11:37am On Jun 29, 2023
jowhyte:
Yeah, we have also been been trying out USA and CA too, we currently have an offer from USA staffing agency but the process is taking long.

Same thing for the CA. It’s no brainer going the UK route at this stage especially when part/most of the expenses will be reimbursed later.

Sure you can send a message.

Sorry sir
Please how many years of experience does your wife have?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by jowhyte(m): 2:10pm On Jun 29, 2023
Midwifery about 3-4yrs+ and nursing 3yrs

gees101:

Sorry sir, please how many years of experiences does your wife have?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by kumbhuru: 3:18pm On Jun 29, 2023
Vibra:
with the current retrogression it is difficult to say really
Retrogression should ease by October when a new fiscal year start
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by kumbhuru: 3:20pm On Jun 29, 2023
jowhyte:
Midwifery about 3-4yrs+ and nursing 3yrs

Good a thing you're active here. Many people will come here to get knowledge but will never contribute. It's so annoying. They come and ask questions and go away without answering anything
or dropping information about their own process

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by gynny(f): 6:23pm On Jun 30, 2023
Juddy2018:
Good morning friends, please I want to know how long will it take someone who has passed both NCLEX and IELTS to complete her migration process to US, the person is under WESTWAYS agency. Thank you.

There’s a retrogression currently, but hopefully it will ease up in October.
The timeline for migration will depend on when her agency filled for her I-140. If it’s premium, it will be faster.
Without retrogression, it should take 7-8 months from when it was filled to when she gets her visa all things been equal.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Jesse6(m): 6:48pm On Jun 30, 2023
Good day house,
Please can a Licensed community nurse from Nigeria get employed for the role of a Certified Nurse Assistant in the US/UK?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by zinaunreal(m): 6:37am On Jul 01, 2023
Jesse6:
Good day house,
Please can a Licensed community nurse from Nigeria get employed for the role of a Certified Nurse Assistant in the US/UK?

Community nurse or chew?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Jesse6(m): 11:58am On Jul 01, 2023
Community Nurse please
Licensed by the Nursing and Midwifery council Nigeria
zinaunreal:

Community nurse or chew?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by bns4eva: 12:34pm On Jul 01, 2023
Jesse6:
Community Nurse please

Ohh sorry i got you. There is
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mbok: 5:13pm On Jul 01, 2023
bns4eva:

There is nothing like community nurse in nigeria.
Its either community midwife (which als means RM) or public health nurse.

If not either of the two, then it will be Chew.

Their is community nursing licenced by NMCN. It's mostly done in northern states in Nigeria. It's not more than two years and graduands graduate with community health nurse certificate. They mostly work in only Local Governments.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by zinaunreal(m): 5:19pm On Jul 01, 2023
Jesse6:
Community Nurse please

Oh. Yes I just read about it. Cool
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by castins(m): 5:20pm On Jul 01, 2023
Am in the same position with you my dear, I also need some guidance and how to go about it.

Missybeee:
Hi everyone. Please, anyone know an active Canada nursing immigration telegram or watsapp group. I need some guidance pls.

Anyone here going through the Canada nursing working visa route??
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mbok: 5:21pm On Jul 01, 2023
Please is it really difficult getting a mental health job for nurses who register and write the mental health UK NMC CBT.? I really don't want to register into what I will regret after registration
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mbok: 5:24pm On Jul 01, 2023
castins:
Am in the same position with you my dear, I also need some guidance and how to go about it.

Go to YouTube and search for nurse Joyce K Canada. You will learn a lot from her videos. I think she's a Kenyan nurse residing in Canada. She also has a telegram group for only registered nurses

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mbok: 8:38pm On Jul 01, 2023
kumbhuru:

Good a thing you're active here. Many people will come here to get knowledge but will never contribute. It's so annoying. They come and ask questions and go away without answering anything
or dropping information about their own process

Oga don't use your negative energy to spoil this thread. Everyone contributes according to what they know. Johyte is a great guy with a golden heart and we sincerely appreciate his contributions to this thread. Please let's keep the atmosphere here positive

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by kumbhuru: 8:53pm On Jul 01, 2023
mbok:

Oga don't use your negative energy to spoil this thread. Everyone contributes according to what they know. Johyte is a great guy with a golden heart and we sincerely appreciate his contributions to this thread. Please let's keep the atmosphere here positive
Get off my mention
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Jesse6(m): 5:48pm On Jul 02, 2023
Pls bro do your research again and come back
bns4eva:

There is nothing like community nurse in nigeria.
Its either community midwife (which als means RM) or public health nurse.

If not either of the two, then it will be Chew.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Jesse6(m): 5:48pm On Jul 02, 2023
👍
zinaunreal:

Oh. Yes I just read about it. Cool
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sharone21(f): 3:35am On Jul 03, 2023
Jesse6:
Good day house,

Yes, in UK.... But, I advise you write them too if they can just accept you for Adult or Mental Health Nursing especially if you try getting experience in hospitals probably ( for Adult Nursing)at least specializing in Pry Care and Outpatient Nursing.....The Koko is getting jobs.

For USA, RN: it will depend on the agency if they do not specify rigidly on experience from big hospitals. Though I know many local government hospitals may not be bedside..... Choice of agency matters though. Personal choice too matters, as u can target getting experience in bedside specialties( Emergency, Medsurg etc). Hoping later, you can advance to a BSc in General Nursing. The key is writing the Nursing body you choose and explaining further. How many years is your program? This will determine if it falls under RN or Assistant Nursing, but full clarification is from Nursing body so you can write your NCLEX( also from CGFNS).... Some agencies will still take for Assistant Nursing with bedside experience
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Jesse6(m): 6:48am On Jul 03, 2023
Wow
I really appreciate your response
Thank you so much 🙏
But pls can I email you?
sharone21:

Yes, in UK.... But, I advise you write them too if they can just accept you for Adult or Mental Health Nursing especially if you try getting experience in hospitals probably ( for Adult Nursing)at least specializing in Pry Care and Outpatient Nursing.....The Koko is getting jobs.

For USA, RN: it will depend on the agency if they do not specify rigidly on experience from big hospitals. Though I know many local government hospitals may not be bedside..... Choice of agency matters though. Personal choice too matters, as u can target getting experience in bedside specialties( Emergency, Medsurg etc). Hoping later, you can advance to a BSc in General Nursing. The key is writing the Nursing body you choose and explaining further. How many years is your program? This will determine if it falls under RN or Assistant Nursing, but full clarification is from Nursing body so you can write your NCLEX( also from CGFNS).... Some agencies will still take for Assistant Nursing with bedside experience

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by zinaunreal(m): 8:10am On Jul 03, 2023
Jesse6:
Wow
I really appreciate your response
Thank you so much 🙏
But pls can I email you?

To avoid stress just try and do a top up to an actual rn or bsc while you still got the time. It should take you just a year to be an rn (nd)
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Jesse6(m): 10:12am On Jul 03, 2023
Yea bro I have that in mind too
But the system requires you have to work for 2years before you can be admitted and you are expected to spend 1year 6months before getting your RN
zinaunreal:

To avoid stress just try and do a top up to an actual rn or bsc while you still got the time. It should take you just a year to be an rn (nd)
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by abdulslutsky(m): 5:14pm On Jul 03, 2023
jowhyte:
Yeah, we have also been been trying out USA and CA too, we currently have an offer from USA staffing agency but the process is taking long.

Same thing for the CA. It’s no brainer going the UK route at this stage especially when part/most of the expenses will be reimbursed later.

Sure you can send a message

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by abdulslutsky(m): 5:15pm On Jul 03, 2023
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by abdulslutsky(m): 5:19pm On Jul 03, 2023
I just sent a message

jowhyte:

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by jedisco(m): 8:34pm On Jul 03, 2023
sharone21:

Yes, in UK....

Good stuff
What would a School of nursing registered nurse need to practice as a burse in the UK.

Also, does degree nursing have an advantage over SON for someone looking to migrate to UK/US?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sharone21(f): 9:01pm On Jul 03, 2023
jedisco:

Good stuff
What would a School of nursing registered nurse need to practice as a burse in the UK.

Also, does degree nursing have an advantage over SON for someone looking to migrate to UK/US?

1st question: Google UK's popular Nurse job sites to see specialties and demand for them.

2nd question: The advantage lies in the number of agencies u would get especially USA agencies. But some agencies don't bother, so you need to sieve those that insist on BSN and those that don't bother....Also, it saves u time that u would use to progress academically vs making money eg BSN holder can kickstart straight with NP( Nurse Practitioner) in USA, though an RN can do Masters too
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by jedisco(m): 4:43am On Jul 04, 2023
sharone21:

1st question: Google UK's popular Nurse job sites to see specialties and demand for them.

2nd question: The advantage lies in the number of agencies u would get especially USA agencies. But some agencies don't bother, so you need to sieve those that insist on BSN and those that don't bother....Also, it saves u time that u would use to progress academically vs making money eg BSN holder can kickstart straight with NP( Nurse Practitioner) in USA, though an RN can do Masters too

Good to know. More interested in the licensing criteria for the UK. Looking to get some input from someone familiar with the process what I found online is quite vague.

Know someone who is insisting on BSc nursing (which has been difficult to secure) rather than SON. Her plan is to emigrate to the UK once done. She has the means but I wonder if SON is a more prudent route
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sharone21(f): 8:58am On Jul 04, 2023
jedisco:

Good to know. More interested in the licensing criteria for the UK. Looking to get some input from someone familiar with the process what I found online is quite vague.

Know someone who is insisting on BSc nursing (which has been difficult to secure) rather than SON. Her plan is to emigrate to the UK once done. She has the means but I wonder if SON is a more prudent route

Let her start with the one that can easily admit her.... If SON, she can upgrade later to BSN.

But, if the money is there and not insisting on particular state, she can take advantage of many of these private universities springing up that needs patronage.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mayowa94: 12:47pm On Jul 04, 2023
jowhyte:

How long have you been on the USA processing?
Have you been approved by DOL?

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Sirgen05(m): 5:52am On Jul 05, 2023
Greetings
I would like to get more information from you guys about FLINT Healthcare Inc recruitment agency for nurses based in the US.

I would like to know
1. Has anybody being recruited by them, share your experiences?
2. How fast/good are they ?
3. What is the offer like ?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Yomite22(m): 5:51am On Jul 06, 2023
Good morning, please is there any pathway for Licensed Medical Laboratory Technician (6year+ experience) in this migration route? I will appreciate your feedbacks. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.