Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (628957 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by gees101(m): 9:26am On Mar 26, 2023
KingDeity:

I've got lots of CBT materials for free, if you want
Hello
Good morning sir
Please I am still expecting your help on this CBT materials.
Anybody with it should help please
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by meetme01: 9:30am On Mar 26, 2023
Quinnlee:
Please how to I increase my chances of getting a job as a nurse in uk? I have written IELTS and CBT but I'm yet to see vacancies that accepts from red list countries. The negative replies are beginning to weigh me down.
Someone should help me with links and even Whatsapp groups where such information could be disseminated. Thank you

Go for NHS jobs in Bolton
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by drokiri(m): 2:47am On Mar 27, 2023
Dear Seniors in the House.
I have a family member I want to guide on the prospects of work in Canada.
• She has the 3 years nursing program from Baptist Medical Center, Saki
• Has the Registered Nurse registration from the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
She will be coming to Alberta (Canada) soon and may not be able to go into the nursing profession straight away.
I did some research about the Health Care Aide profession, and I want to see advice from anyone that has done this before. I am also open to any suggestion on an alternative career/pathway she can follow so she can work in Canada (and later follow her nursing passion when she is settled).
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Ctemi(f): 9:27pm On Mar 27, 2023
Hello brethren’s , pls I need help as regard writing Nclex test in Brazil, is there anybody going to Brazil for Nclex test around July or if there is anybody that have done the test in Brazil, I will appreciate if the person can share his/her experience. Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by rabola1(f): 5:50pm On Mar 28, 2023
She should get her certificate evaluated with NNAS.
If she has working experience that ll be an advantage.
With this, she might be able to get into Nursing profession without much stress.
She can look into registering with other easier province (ontario, Nova Scotia or New Brunswick) and then she can port to Alberta

drokiri:
Dear Seniors in the House.
I have a family member I want to guide on the prospects of work in Canada.
• She has the 3 years nursing program from Baptist Medical Center, Saki
• Has the Registered Nurse registration from the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
She will be coming to Alberta (Canada) soon and may not be able to go into the nursing profession straight away.
I did some research about the Health Care Aide profession, and I want to see advice from anyone that has done this before. I am also open to any suggestion on an alternative career/pathway she can follow so she can work in Canada (and later follow her nursing passion when she is settled).

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by BinaryMonk: 9:49am On Apr 02, 2023
Ctemi:
Hello brethren’s , pls I need help as regard writing Nclex test in Brazil, is there anybody going to Brazil for Nclex test around July or if there is anybody that have done the test in Brazil, I will appreciate if the person can share his/her experience. Thank you
Please can you share your detailed experience with us, how much it cost you for the whole exercise
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by KingDeity: 7:07am On Apr 08, 2023
gees101:

Hello
Good morning sir
Please I am still expecting your help on this CBT materials.
Anybody with it should help please

Sorry I've been away for a while. Check your email pls

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Testy17: 10:10pm On Apr 12, 2023
Any good news?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Ctemi(f): 10:58pm On Apr 12, 2023
BinaryMonk:

Please can you share your detailed experience with us, how much it cost you for the whole exercise

Hello,
Unfortunately am not the one involve, its my sister that is doing the process through one of the recruitment agency. (Adevia).
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by osato45: 7:43am On Apr 16, 2023
Benny4ramesis:
Received a conditional job offer as a UK nurse. Sent all requested documents they asked me, including signing the offer letter. What next?
They keep asking for Nursing Degree/Diploma but I've sent the Nursing Certificate issued by the NMCN as well as my current license. What else should I send to convince them that's what is obtainable in Nigeria? After this, what's the next steps ? I need guidance please
have you been able to resolve this
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mbok: 7:53am On Apr 18, 2023
Are Nigerian nurses still getting jobs in the UK? What about Ireland? It seems they've stopped taking Nigerians o. Is it better to get a visit visa, then travel to the UK to find a job after writing Ielts and CBT. Then come back to Nigeria to change the visa type and finally go back to the UK? Any advise on this?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mbok: 7:55am On Apr 18, 2023
meetme01:

Go for NHS jobs in Bolton
have you finally found a job or Certificate of sponsorship?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mbok: 7:56am On Apr 18, 2023
Quinnlee:
Please how to I increase my chances of getting a job as a nurse in uk? I have written IELTS and CBT but I'm yet to see vacancies that accepts from red list countries. The negative replies are beginning to weigh me down.
Someone should help me with links and even Whatsapp groups where such information could be disseminated. Thank you
have you finally found a job or COS?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Hireme1st: 5:46pm On Apr 19, 2023
mbok:
Are Nigerian nurses still getting jobs in the UK? What about Ireland? It seems they've stopped taking Nigerians o. Is it better to get a visit visa, then travel to the UK to find a job after writing Ielts and CBT. Then come back to Nigeria to change the visa type and finally go back to the UK? Any advise on this?

Find HSE Nursing Jobs in Ireland - Complete guidance and information regarding getting healthcare HSE Jobs in Ireland.

1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Neyopumpin1: 6:40am On Apr 22, 2023
Good morning Gurus
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Quinnlee: 8:22pm On Apr 23, 2023
mbok:
have you finally found a job or COS?
Not yet.... still searching
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by gees101(m): 12:00am On Apr 25, 2023
KingDeity:

Sorry I've been away for a while. Check your email pls
Thank You Sir
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by osato45: 6:35am On Apr 28, 2023
please I want to start my registration with the NMC UK as an adult nurse, can someone guide me so i do not make an error
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Benny4ramesis: 11:47pm On Apr 29, 2023
Hello everyone,
Please can someone give me information on how to pay UK visa fees from here in Nigeria.
The payment is done online but I don't know if they will accept Nigerian debit cards.
How did you do it?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by osato45: 10:02am On Apr 30, 2023
Benny4ramesis:
Hello everyone,
Please can someone give me information on how to pay UK visa fees from here in Nigeria.
The payment is done online but I don't know if they will accept Nigerian debit cards.
How did you do it?
I think our debit cards will work because they are in nigeria as well. Please as a Nigerian nurse, which jobs should I apply for on NHS jobs. Is it the nursing assistant, senior nursing assistant and or nursing associate
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by osato45: 11:26am On Apr 30, 2023
please for the third party verification with nmc, NMCN is asking i pay 68k online, I thought it cost 17,300 naira
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Chiomajesus77: 5:35pm On Apr 30, 2023
Good evening seniors, Hoping we are all having a pleasant Sunday

Please can someone that has similar experience educate me a bit on the following

I started CGFNS process in 2018 and could not complete the process in one year , so I bought another order extending it to another one year which I did not complete. Right Nowi want to start the process again but not sure if the exact amount to pay as i read on their website that I have to pay the full money which is $450 dollars. Please, can someone share with me o what to do or how much to pay

In addition I sent an application for endorsement to Texas board of nursing, same year,but don't know if that application is still valid or I have to start afresh

I will very much appreciate answers to questions
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by osato45: 6:53am On May 01, 2023
Benny4ramesis:
Hello everyone,
How did you do it?
follow thus thread https://www.nairaland.com/6748312/uk-skilled-worker-visa-health/351
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Chiomajesus77: 8:10am On May 01, 2023
[quote author=Chiomajesus77 post=122845620]

Good evening seniors, Hoping we are all having a pleasant Sunday

Please can someone that has similar experience educate me a bit on the following

I started CGFNS process in 2018 and could not complete the process in one year , so I bought another order extending it to another one year which I did not complete. Right Nowi want to start the process again but not sure if the exact amount to pay as i read on their website that I have to pay the full money which is $450 dollars. Please, can someone share with me o what to do or how much to pay

In addition I sent an application for endorsement to Texas board of nursing, same year,but don't know if that application is still valid or I have to start afresh

I will very much appreciate answers to questions

Please I'm still expecting answer to this question. Will really appreciate
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by osato45: 1:46pm On May 01, 2023
Thryphosa:
Good evening nurses in the house, pls I need CBT materials for my wife who is a nurse. I think that is the next exam she needs to write after passing IELTS. Pls I need quick response. Thanks.
how much did you pay for the third party verification with the NMCN
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Thryphosa(m): 7:13pm On May 01, 2023
osato45:
how much did you pay for the third party verification with the NMCN

Approx. 70k naira
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by osato45: 1:28am On May 02, 2023
Thryphosa:

Approx. 70k naira
okay thanks, I created an account licence.nmcn.gov for this and I saw pay 68875
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by jowhyte(m): 2:10am On May 02, 2023
I think this your outlined process can be pretty expensive but it’s a good one to explore if the funds is there. My wife was once considering this but I objected and told her she will get a job.

Let me share our own personal story and this might motivate and encourage someone here too.

To your question if people are still getting jobs, it’s YES and wifey just got a conditional offer of employment from one of the Trusts in England but from my 6 - 7 months experience assisting wifey to hunt for jobs in the UK it’s seems very competitive now on top of the stricter WHO red list countries of nowadays but people are still getting jobs and I think the Skilled Worker Visa/COS that will give you a clear pathway to an indefinite leave/PR and ultimately a British passport makes it worth all the headache.

We had alot of unsuccessful emails especially due to red lists countries, no NMC pin, no right to work in the UK but I just kept pushing on with making more applications. I think we currently have over 750 applications on TRAC alone excluding other job sites but I have come to realize that TRAC can be the most powerful if done right and started focusing more of our job applications’ attention here and Wifey has had about 19 - 21 interviews so far from here alone with about 200+ more applications submitted and yet to be reviewed.

When we send in about 100 job applications on TRAC we are expecting to get 2 - 4 successful interviews shortlisting. We just kept sending in more applications and fine-tuning our applications especially the PS.

We started hunting for jobs around October/November 2022.

When we sensed that getting jobs as an overseas nurse especially from WHO red list country like Naija were becoming very competitive, we started applying seriously for jobs even when she has not completed her OET English Test score results.

She wrote her first OET test in Sept 2022, 2nd attempt in Dec 2022 and 3rd attempt in January 2023 and result was released in Feb 2023 but with Speaking being 340 score and I did the remarking booking and it released around March 2023 and luckily the Speaking score was upgraded to 370 and the money was refunded back into my GTBank dollar card about 4 days after.

All these while, she has been applying for jobs seriously like she already has her results complete. She had her very first interview with one of the Trust in Birmingham via Microsoft Teams February 2023 but unsuccessful.

More and more interviews came although unsuccessful I just kept encouraging her as she was learning and improving from them and this keep boosting her confidence and making her to know what types of questions to expect in the interview and practice a general answer to provide.

Any slight mistake not answering the questions well and providing real examples/ experience to back up the answers she will not be successful as we were just applying for band 5 roles that even nurses in the UK where also applying for and this makes it more competitive for her as she has no right to work, NMC pin.

We have had about 25 interviews altogether from about 15 - 17 different Trusts since we started job hunting. But she started getting more interviews after working better on her applications especially the Person Specification.

She has had a couple of successful interviews about 3 - 5 but many of the wards/Trust said they do not have the funding to support sponsorship and relocation jobs. We were not deterred as we keep firing in more applications. My goal was for her to have at least 3 job offers so she can choose from the location that will suit us.

Just Wednesday 26th April, 2023 she got a conditional offer of employment from one of the Trusts in England.

Conditional offer letter and Preemployment checks docs like COS forms, References, DBS, Occupational Health Questionnaire, MMR/Immunization details have been sent and we are now waiting for the police report to be out so we can send them back the forms and hopefully get unconditional offer of employment.

They said if everything works out well and fast, they are looking forward to having her move to England June/July with alongside other 4 - 5 nurses to resume as band 4 while preparing to attempt her first OSCE exam within the first few weeks so she can become a band 5 nurse with and NMC pin.

mbok:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by jowhyte(m): 2:44am On May 02, 2023
They have increase it now. Wifey paid around 21,000 in June 2022 and a friend wife that did about 4 - 5 later same 2022 paid 68k

osato45:
please for the third party verification with nmc, NMCN is asking i pay 68k online, I thought it cost 17,300 naira

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by osato45: 4:10am On May 02, 2023
jowhyte:
They have increase it now. Wifey paid around 21,000 in June 2022 and a friend wife that did about 4 - 5 later same 2022 paid 68k

thanks, I am just shocked at the astronomical increment
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Chiomajesus77: 8:43am On May 02, 2023
Benny4ramesis:
Hello everyone,
How did you do it?

You need a multi currency card or dollar account to be able to do this. The application fee cost about $318 as at last week

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.