Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,089 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (629085 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Thryphosa(m): 11:05am On May 02, 2023
osato45:
okay thanks, I created an account licence.nmcn.gov for this and I saw pay 68875

Yes, that's the amount.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by osato45: 3:21pm On May 02, 2023
Thryphosa:

Yes, that's the amount.
thanks, do I need I need to write a letter to nmcn after payment, I saw a recent circular from the nmcn stating that from this month all applications for letter of good standing and verification would be online

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 02, 2023
[quote author=Chiomajesus77 post=122855435][/quote] You should try calling them to get a detailed information
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Chiomajesus77: 12:58pm On May 03, 2023
Vibra:
You should try calling them to get a detailed information

Thanks very much, I finally called them on the phone and they advised I have to get a new CES which cost about $450
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Ruby56: 10:02pm On May 03, 2023
Hi all, I have a friend who did Basic Midwifery for 3 years and did Nursing 1 year after the midwifery. I would like to know if it meets the requirement for getting an RN license in US. Also will CGFNS evaluate only her RN of 1year or both?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Thryphosa(m): 12:30am On May 04, 2023
osato45:
thanks, do I need I need to write a letter to nmcn after payment, I saw a recent circular from the nmcn stating that from this month all applications for letter of good standing and verification would be online

You don't need to write letter, after payment, you will see the payment information and status of your verification on your dashboard. The payment link will take you to REMITA, after payment, it will automatically be updated on your dashboard.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by osato45: 7:11am On May 04, 2023
Thryphosa:

You don't need to write letter, after payment, you will see the payment information and status of your verification on your dashboard. The payment link will take you to REMITA, after payment, it will automatically be updated on your dashboard.
thanks, you have been of great help
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Quinnlee: 7:26pm On May 06, 2023
mbok:
have you finally found a job or COS?
Not yet and it's really frustrating. I have been actively applying buy nothing for now
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Missybeee: 12:39pm On May 08, 2023
Good day everyone. Please, is there anyone who has successfully done fingerprint for identogo for the USA process. I need help please
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by SpatialKing(m): 10:19am On May 16, 2023
How genuine is it to get Canada work visa as a nurse through NNAS?
They are asking my sister to 650 dollars
Has anyone successfully done this?
Is it real?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sharkdodo14: 6:43pm On May 22, 2023
Hello everyone, please is there any nurse here that is in the UK and has successfully brought in their partner this year with a new marriage certificate? If yes, how long did it take please?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by jowhyte(m): 9:49am On May 24, 2023
Why not Try the current Nova Scotia new licensure for 7 countries route which is Nigeria is lucky to be among? You won’t be needing NNAS or the $650 payment I think.

SpatialKing:
How genuine is it to get Canada work visa as a nurse through NNAS?
They are asking my sister to 650 dollars
Has anyone successfully done this?
Is it real?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by SpatialKing(m): 9:57am On May 24, 2023
jowhyte:
Why not Try the current Nova Scotia new licensure for 7 countries route which is Nigeria is lucky to be among? You won’t be needing NNAS or the $650 payment I think.

Please share more information about this
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by jowhyte(m): 10:16am On May 24, 2023
UPDATE!

Just to encourage everyone job hunting for overseas visa sponsorship job especially for nurses here not to give up as we were once in the same boat but kept pushing and not give up.

May 2nd, 2023. I wrote here in this thread how we got a job offer on Wednesday April 26th, 2023.

We had filled and completed all the paperwork online except for the police report that was taking us about 2nd week to get after being promised to get it in 3 biz days. We did it in police headquarters Benin city.

I opted for a Lagos contact and got it in 3days instead.

Quickly used the police report to complete the NMC UK registration and did the £153 payment as this was part of the requirement before COS for visa application can be issued.

Thereafter, I sent the police report over to the Trust on 10th - 11th of May 2023, as this was the only thing waiting for them to review.

I had already booked TB screening for 18th of May, 2023 prior.

Tuesday 16th of May 2023, the Trust sent the COS to the email on file.

Then Wednesday 17th, May 2023 wifey traveled down to Lagos for the TB screening to be done on Wednesday.

While she was on her way, I started the visa application that That Wednesday 17th and got her an appointment date for Friday 19th, May 2023 because she will be going before us so she can focus and pass her OSCE before our arrival at a later date.

She did her TB test on 18th May, 2023 and visa appointment (biometric capturing etc) on 19th of May 2023.

The visa application is now being processed and we also opted for DHL delivery back to Benin city once a decision has been reached.

Just sharing this to encourage someone out there.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by jowhyte(m): 10:43am On May 24, 2023
Don’t know if it’s allowed to post external links here. Just paste this search words below into google

*nova scotia new licensure for 7 countries*

You can also google search for the word below

*Nova Scotia Nursing Board*

SpatialKing:

Please share more information about this
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by pretty1986: 9:23pm On May 24, 2023
jowhyte:
UPDATE!

Just to encourage everyone job hunting for overseas visa sponsorship job especially for nurses here not to give up as we were once in the same boat but kept pushing and not give up.

May 2nd, 2023. I wrote here in this thread how we got a job offer on Wednesday April 26th, 2023.

We had filled and completed all the paperwork online except for the police report that was taking us about 2nd week to get after being promised to get it in 3 biz days. We did it in police headquarters Benin city.

Quickly used the police report to complete the NMC UK registration and did the £153 payment as this was part of the requirement before COS for visa application can be issued.

Thereafter, I sent the police report over to the Trust on 10th - 11th of May 2023, as this was the only thing waiting for them to review.

Then Wednesday 17th, May 2023 wifey traveled down to Lagos for the TB screening to be done on Wednesday.

While she was on her way, I started the visa application that That Wednesday 17th and got her an appointment date for Friday 19th, May 2023 because she will be going before us so she can focus and pass her OSCE before our arrival at a later date.

She did her TB test on 18th May, 2023 and visa appointment (biometric capturing etc) on 19th of May 2023.

The visa application is now being processed and we also opted for DHL delivery back to Benin city once a decision has been reached.

Cheers!

Thanks and God grant you and your wife your heart desires.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mbok: 4:10am On May 27, 2023
jowhyte:
UPDATE!

Cheers!
Congratulations to you sir. I wish you the very best. How long has your wife practiced nursing since graduating. I'm just a newly registered nurse. My question is that can a newly registered nurse also be able to get COS in the UK after many applications like you did? Thanks so much sir for your reply

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by jowhyte(m): 3:10am On May 29, 2023
[quote author=mbok post=123392263][/quote]

She has been a health worker for some years now but officially started practicing nursing since 2020.

Sure a newly registered nurse can get a skilled work visa as an overseas nurse it all depends on how you make it up on your application.

I know those love working experience no matter how little even if’s just 6 - 12 months etc.

There are other things you can add while school that can also help your experience too like any leadership role etc.

In all just put in effort to carefully craft your application so you stand out because it’s getting highly competitive nowadays.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by jowhyte(m): 3:11am On May 29, 2023
Amen!

pretty1986:
Thanks and God grant you and your wife your heart desires.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Avast(m): 5:25pm On Jun 03, 2023
Good day jowhyte.

Please I need your help on how to use trac, I am trying to apply for my sister.

She has passed her RNAdult exam.

Please check below image, I don't know if I am doing the right thing.

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by gexcellence: 5:36am On Jun 05, 2023
Can someone please answer this question.

quote author=Ruby56 post=122914587]Hi all, I have a friend who did Basic Midwifery for 3 years and did Nursing 1 year after the midwifery. I would like to know if it meets the requirement for getting an RN license in US. Also will CGFNS evaluate only her RN of 1year or both?[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by gexcellence: 5:42am On Jun 05, 2023
If basic midwifery the 3 years course is someone first program and now proceed to post basic nursing of 1 and half years.
When filling the CGFNS form is it only the nursing certificate that will be submitted and will be evaluated? Also the issue of the CGFNS payment with credit card , can debit card be impoverished, as anyone successfully paid with a debit card in recent time?
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by jowhyte(m): 12:40pm On Jun 06, 2023
Well, from my own experience, all the applications that have got us successfully shortlisted for over 35 interviews are band 5 job roles as I can see you set up yours to band 4.

While searching for jobs, I don’t usually touch the search fields options other than just writing in search terms/words as “registered nurse” or “staff nurse” and just hit the yellow search button.

Then I will change the search results from the default to “GRADE” as this will make all the search results to be arranged sequentially according to the band levels and pay attention to only band 5 job vacancies.

Hope this helps?

Avast:
Good day jowhyte.

Please I need your help on how to use trac, I am trying to apply for my sister.

She has passed her RNAdult exam.

Please check below image, I don't know if I am doing the right thing.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Avast(m): 3:30pm On Jun 06, 2023
jowhyte:
Well, from my own experience, all the applications that have got us successfully shortlisted for over 35 interviews are band 5 job roles as I can see you set up yours to band 4.

While searching for jobs, I don’t usually touch the search fields options other than just writing in search terms/words as “registered nurse” or “staff nurse” and just hit the yellow search button.

Then I will change the search results from the default to “GRADE” as this will make all the search results to be arranged sequentially according to the band levels and pay attention to only band 5 job vacancies.

Hope this helps?

Thanks baba
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by BabaIbo: 11:44pm On Jun 07, 2023
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mbok: 6:44am On Jun 08, 2023
BabaIbo:
Hi everyone, is there any single(unmarried) nurse here we can both have contract marriage for the purpose of traveling out, I will fund the process.

Once will get there, after sometimes we go our different ways like we never met.

This is the reason Nigerians are treated with suspicion everywhere. Oga you better look for money and travel or better go and study nursing. Nurses are not that hungry to fall for your scam marriage
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by BabaIbo: 7:24am On Jun 08, 2023
mbok:

This is the reason Nigerians are treated with suspicion everywhere. Oga you better look for money and travel or better go and study nursing. Nurses are not that hungry to fall for your scam marriage

LoL, you called it a scam when it was categorically stated that it will be a contract marriage.

Just sh ut up if you don't have any meaningful thing to say, why are you so du. mb?

I stated it openly that it will be a contract marriage.

I hope you know the definition of a scam?

The meaning of SCAM is a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation.

A scam is an illegal trick, usually with the purpose of getting money from people or avoiding paying tax.

Now, where is the dishonesty in what I said since the other person is well aware of what they are getting into.
Again, I stated the funding will be on me.

So, what makes it a scam, FYI it(contract marriage) is done all over the world, it is not a crime coco. nut head as long as the terms and conditions are well stated and everything is in the open to the two people involved.

Anyway, I don't blame you, maybe you are from a place fraud is at the highest level, so when you see anybody doing something you start suspecting them or calling it scam.

Nurses are not hungry people my foot, I will screenshot my messages on one social media app and show you where the so-called nurses were the first to reach out to me to have an emergency marriage because their visa allows them to travel with their spouse and they are single but I wasn't interested in traveling out back then. That was where I got the idea
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mbok: 8:43am On Jun 08, 2023
BabaIbo:

LoL, you called it a scam when it was categorically stated that it will be a contract marriage.

Just sh ut up if you don't have any meaningful thing to say, why are you so du. mb?

A scam is an illegal trick, usually with the purpose of getting money from people or avoiding paying tax.

Now, where is the dishonesty in what I said since the other person is well aware of what they are getting into.

So, what makes it a scam, FYI it(contract marriage) is done all over the world, it is not a crime coco. nut head as long as the terms and conditions are well stated and everything is in the open to the two people involved.

Anyway, I don't blame you, maybe you are from a place fraud is at the highest level, so when you see anybody doing something you start suspecting them or calling it scam.

Nurses are not hungry people my foot, I will screenshot my messages on one social media app and show you where the so-called nurses were the first to reach out to me to have an emergency marriage because their visa allows them to travel with their spouse and they are single but I wasn't interested in traveling out back then. That was where I got the idea

People like you remain the reason why the UK has banned students from coming to the UK with dependants. Let any foreign country discover you even did contract marriage for papers, that will be your end. Yes it's a jailable offense in any country. You don't have any money, if you have going abroad won't be an issue for you. You won't be needing any scam marriage for visa.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by BabaIbo: 9:22am On Jun 08, 2023
mbok:

People like you remain the reason why the UK has banned students from coming to the UK with dependants. Let any foreign country discover you even did contract marriage for papers, that will be your end. Yes it's a jailable offense in any country. You don't have any money, if you have going abroad won't be an issue for you. You won't be needing any scam marriage for visa.

If it makes you feel better, bye.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by bns4eva: 3:26pm On Jun 08, 2023
BabaIbo:

I dont believe this is for real.. like a grown up man saying all these from his mouth..
However why did you delete the initial post? You want to marry a nurse to take you oversea and dissolve the marriage when you get abroad lol.

The highest low self esteem I've ever seen .
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by BabaIbo: 6:16pm On Jun 08, 2023
bns4eva:

I dont believe this is for real.. like a grown up man saying all these from his mouth.. i never believe there could be someone so dumb and dullard like you.
However why did you delete the initial post? You want to marry a nurse to take you oversea and dissolve the marriage when you get abroad. Omo your family dey try o.

The highest low self esteem I've ever seen .

Ogun kee you dia for bringing my family into this.

Since you are the most serious human on earth, kindly locate any transformer with current flowing through it and hug it. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by abdulslutsky(m): 6:30pm On Jun 09, 2023
Hello guys. Research brought me to this thread. I'd like to know

1) Can RN and RPON(Registered Perioperative Nurse) be considered as two or more certificates for Canada's immigration? I'm asking because all I've seen so far through my research is RN and RM(Registered Midwife) being assessed as two or more certs.

2) Is it something to be worried about that my wife's School isn't part of the schools listed on IQAS portal( She finished from OAUTHC Wesley Guild Hospital and OAUTHC School of Perioperative Nursing)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.