Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? (6075 Views)

Christians, Why Do You Hate Richard Dawkins this much? / I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? / Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by plaetton: 10:06am On Jan 17, 2016
Every statistic shows that atheists are in the far minority in almost every country .
I personally think that the opposite is the case.

Millions of christians all over the world will head to church today to recharge their faith, their commitment to their beliefs.
In both the older and new generation churches, the faithful would find other reasons to attend one or several church services during the weekdays.

So it's quite obvious that faith is not just holding a set of beliefs, but is actually a commitment to holding such beliefs.
As such, protecting the belief itself, from oneself, becomes the primary duty and preoccupation of the faithful.

Given the fact that christians come on this forum, and in fact every public forum, to promote and sell the veracity of their beliefs, I cannot but wonder why things that they accept with absolute certainty needs to be repeated, regurgitated and recharged every so often.

Who are the faithful afraid of?
Atheists?
Satan?
Or themselves?

Can atheists ever rob you of your absolute truth?
Can Satan ever rob you of your absolute truths?

I mean, you believe with certainty that god exists. So does the Sun, so does gravity, so does ultra violet radiation. So what is the big deal ?

Do I need to recharge my belief in gravity every single day? If I did that, wouldn't that be a sign that perhaps I am bit doubtful?

I find it hilarious that the same people who actively promote the belief that god and Jesus exist also promote the regular and necessary recharge of such beliefs.

For example, what would happen to a christian if he or she ceases to go to church or fellowship for recharge?
Would the faith battery die off?
If the faith dies or diminishes, then what happens to the absolute truths held ?
Do they remain truths or do they reconfigure and die off ?

Cc: kingebukasblog, winner01

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:17am On Jan 17, 2016
Oh sir ... its that simple

We are not afraid of the atheists , satanists . Its a relationship with God . It should grow and continue growing . Its like watering a plant or like in a marriage - keeping the love between you and your wife fresh . Does it mean the both of you are afraid of infidelity ?

2 Timothy 3:16 (ESV)
16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness

The scripture is described as breathed out by God - one needs oxygen to remain alive, it sustains life , we need to worship God and believe in him by faith to sustain our relationship with Him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by plaetton: 10:31am On Jan 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Oh sir ... its that simple

We are not afraid of the atheists , satanists . Its a relationship with God . It should grow and continue growing . Its like watering a plant or like in a marriage - keeping the love between you and your wife fresh . Does it mean the both of you are afraid of infidelity ?

2 Timothy 3:16 (ESV)

The scripture is described as breathed out by God - one needs oxygen to remain alive, it sustains life , we need to worship God and believe in him by faith to sustain our relationship with Him

So believing is not enough, you must constantly recharge the belief, maintain the relationship with the belief, or else ?

So you believe in him by faith(by belief not based on proof).

So, What is the opportunity cost for not believing in him by faith?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by Greatzeus(m): 10:31am On Jan 17, 2016
Going to church comes with lots of benefits,''recharging'' your faith is just one of them.Yes,a christian's faith can diminish as a result of adversities,but that faith diminishing or reducing is never ceasing to believe that God exist.God exist and we always know and believe that.But we need more faith to face greater Adversities and to do more exploit,in mark 9:18-19,Jesus called his disciples faithless because they couldnt cast out a dumb and deaf spirit,even though they still believed that God exist.
So Op, what i'm saying is our faith needs recharging often,not because we'll stop believing God exist,but so that we can overcome greater adversities and do more exploits.thanks smiley
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by plaetton: 10:39am On Jan 17, 2016
Greatzeus:
Going to church comes with lots of benefits,''recharging'' your faith is just one of them.Yes,a christian's faith can diminish as a result of adversities,but that faith diminishing or reducing is never ceasing to believe that God exist.God exist and we always know and believe that.But we need more faith to face greater Adversities and to do more exploit,in mark 9:18-19,Jesus called his disciples faithless because they couldnt cast out a dumb and deaf spirit,even though they still believed that God exist.
So Op, what i'm saying is our faith needs recharging often,not because we'll stop believing God exist,but so that we can overcome greater adversities and do more exploits.thanks smiley

So, without faith, without fully charged faith, a person cannot deal with the vicissitudes of life?

But why does a person fully equipped with all the faculties be unable to directly engage his realities, become an active Agent within his reality , as opposed to being a passive observer and victim?

Isn't that an indictment that faith might just as well be called " holy placebo" ?

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:49am On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:

So believing is not enough, you must constantly recharge the belief, maintain the relationship with the belief, or else ?

So you believe in him by faith(by belief not based on proof).

So, What is the opportunity cost for not believing in him by faith?

The bible gave the definition of Christian faith - the certainty , the assurance , the confidence , the trust one has in God to do something . The fact of His existence is already there .

If you dont believe in God by faith means you dont trust in Him , you are really assured of His power to perform or respond to your request . You dont have that confidence in God .

"I have confidence in You , anytime , anywhere " - a Christian song that declares one's faith - trust , confidence - in God , that certainity that He will respond .

Your confidence builds in someone if He does not fail you right ? A coach has confidence in a player because he knows he will score/perform week in week out . He has done it before , I know he will do it again - that's faith
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:51am On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:

Isn't that an indictment that faith might just as well be called " holy placebo" ?

Haha . Implying delusion ? SMH
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by plaetton: 10:59am On Jan 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The bible gave the definition of Christian faith - the certainty , the assurance , the confidence , the trust one has in God to do something . The fact of His existence is already there .

If you dont believe in God by faith means you dont trust in Him , you are really assured of His power to perform or respond to your request . You dont have that confidence in God .

"I have confidence in You , anytime , anywhere " - a Christian song that declares one's faith - trust , confidence - in God , that certainity that He will respond .

Your confidence builds in someone if He does not fail you right ? A coach has confidence in a player because he knows he will score/perform week in week out . He has done it before , I know he will do it again - that's faith

Children also have confidence in the ability of Santa Claus to deliver on Christmas eve, and in the ability of the tooth fairy to deliver the customary $1 under the pillow.
Right?
So what's the difference between your faith and theirs?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:05am On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:

Children also have confidence in the ability of Santa Claus to deliver on Christmas eve, and in the ability of the tooth fairy to deliver the customary $1 under the pillow.
Right?
So what's the difference between your faith and theirs?

So what happens when they become adults ? I want an honest answer please
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by plaetton: 11:10am On Jan 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

So what happens when they become adults ? I want an honest answer please

They do Simple substitution.
One adult fairy tale in exchange for all the childrens fairytales.
Same format. Same monsters, same antagonists, same saviour Prince in white shinning armour, same happily ever after in paradise endings.

You see ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:14am On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:

They do Simple substitution.
One adult fairy tale in exchange for all the childrens fairytales.
Same format. Same monsters, same antagonists, same saviour Prince in white shinning armour, same happily ever after in paradise endings.

You see ?

God's revelation of Himself unto man - a redeemer , a rescuer , a protector , a helper , a fighter of injustice meted unto the just , the avenger (vengeance belongs to Him ) not to be confused with the comic book . angry

So He reveals Himself to man in those ways that represent what He truly is .
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by plaetton: 11:25am On Jan 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

God's revelation of Himself unto man - a redeemer , a rescuer , a protector , a helper , a fighter of injustice meted unto the just , the avenger (vengeance belongs to Him ) not to be confused with the comic book . angry

So He reveals Himself to man in those ways that represent what He truly is .

Same with Santa Claus, Same with the Tooth fairy.

Again, whats the difference?
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:28am On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:

Same with Santa Claus, Same with the Tooth fairy.

Again, whats the difference?

Santa Claus' gifts and Tooth fairy's dollar are from parents wink .
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by menesheh(m): 11:29am On Jan 17, 2016
Rechargeable faith, funny.

Same as rechargeable gullibility and continuous recharging one's low judgement on things.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:36am On Jan 17, 2016
menesheh:
Rechargeable faith, funny.

Same as rechargeable gullibility and continuous recharging one's low judgement on things.

But christians do better than you in life . So how do they have low judgement on things ? Where do you reason from
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by plaetton: 11:40am On Jan 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Santa Claus' gifts and Tooth fairy's dollar are from parents wink .

Really? shocked
Go and try and convince a toddler.
Then you might just understand why our work here is soooo difficult.
grin grin cheesy
Checkmate!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by plaetton: 11:43am On Jan 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

But christians do better than you in life . So how do they have low judgement on things ? Where do you reason from

Christians do better than who in life?

Why do you tend to make such silly and utterly ridiculous absolute statements?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:46am On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:

Really? shocked
Go and try and convince a toddler.
Then you might just understand why our work here is soooo difficult.
grin grin cheesy
Checkmate!

Checkmate ? Funny guy

Go and convince the healed sick , or the dead raised or the blind that had his sight restored , or cripple that walked that God does not exist .

You dont get it , do you ? grin
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 17, 2016
To Christians faith is more than believing God exists. Its more like God living through you.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:48am On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:

Christians do better than who in life?

Why do you tend to make such silly and utterly ridiculous absolute statements?

Ok sorry people who believe in God do better in life . Am sorry I forget deists
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by plaetton: 11:51am On Jan 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Ok sorry people who believe in God do better in life . Am sorry I forget deists

Stop pulling stuff out of your axss.
It's sunday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:53am On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:

Stop pulling stuff out of your axss.
It's sunday.

Do you think there is a difference between faith and superstition ?

cc : plaetton
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by plaetton: 11:54am On Jan 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Checkmate ? Funny guy

Go and convince the healed sick , or the dead raised or the blind that had his sight restored , or cripple that walked that God does not exist .

You dont get it , do you ? grin

Do you personally know anyone who has been raised from the dead?
Anyone who used to be blind?
Anyone who used to be crippled?

The more you pull stuff like that out of your axss , the more you showcase the sheer silliness of your beliefs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by superior1: 11:57am On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:
Every statistic shows that atheists are in the far minority in almost every country .

Millions of christians all over the world will head to church today to recharge their faith, their commitment to their beliefs.
In both the older and new generation churches, the faithful would find other reasons to attend one or several church services during the weekdays.

So it's quite obvious that faith is not just holding a set of beliefs, but is actually a commitment to holding such beliefs.
As such, protecting the belief itself, from oneself, becomes the primary duty and preoccupation of the faithful.

Given the fact that christians come on this forum, and in fact every public forum, to promote and sell the veracity of their beliefs, I cannot but wonder why things that they accept with absolute certainty needs to be repeated, regurgitated and recharged every so often.

Atheists?
Satan?
Or themselves?

I mean, you believe with certainty that god exists. So does the Sun, so does gravity, so does ultra violet radiation. So what is the big deal ?

Do I need to recharge my belief in gravity every single day? If I did that, wouldn't that be a sign that perhaps I am bit doubtful?

I find it hilarious that the same people who actively promote the belief that god and Jesus exist also promote the regular and necessary recharge of such beliefs.

For example, what would happen to a christian if he or she ceases to go to church or fellowship for recharge?
If the faith dies or diminishes, then what happens to the absolute truths held ?

How did you know Christians attendance in church is to recharge their faith?
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:00pm On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:

Do you personally know anyone who has been raised from the dead?
Anyone who used to be blind?
Anyone who used to be crippled?

The more you pull stuff like that out of your axss , the more you showcase the sheer silliness of your beliefs.

You've claimed in the other thread that evidences from all around the world have proven that aliens do exist - supposedly from youtube videos and conspiracy websites . But do you know personally these people who have encountered aliens or have you seen one yourself ?

Brother plaetton , your conspicuous hypocrisy has NEVER been outdone.

Well I've had instant miracles in my own life and I've called on the name of Jesus and got instant response . My church prints out the testimonies in magazines so incase you are doubtful or being skeptical you can do the research or ascertain its authenticity yourself . Ouch !
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by plaetton: 12:04pm On Jan 17, 2016
superior1:

How did you know Christians attendance in church is to recharge their faith?
I always ask them, and they say so.

What is your reason for going to church on sundays, Wednesdays, Friday night vigils and other fellowship stuff?

Do you do these for your personal benefits or for god's benefit?

In other words, who needs these rituals most, you or god?
Who stands to loose if these rutuals are abandoned?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:07pm On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:

What is your reason for going to church on sundays, Wednesdays, Friday night vigils and other fellowship stuff?

Why do people party almost every night ?

Who stands to lose if partying is stopped , you or the clubhouse ?
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by superior1: 12:07pm On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:

How many have you asked and what is the ratio of the number of Christians you have asked to the number of Christians in this world to reach such a conclusion, doesnt that make an illiterate of you?
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by plaetton: 12:16pm On Jan 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You've claimed in the other thread that evidences from all around the world have proven that aliens do exist - supposedly from youtube videos and conspiracy websites . But do you know personally these people who have encountered aliens or have you seen one yourself ?

Brother plaetton , your conspicuous hypocrisy has NEVER been outdone.

Well I've had instant miracles in my own life and I've called on the name of Jesus and got instant response . My church prints out the testimonies in magazines so incase you are doubtful or being skeptical you can do the research or ascertain its authenticity yourself . Ouch !
You're being evasive.

You didn't answer my question.

Do You personally know anyone who has been raised from the dead, formerly blind or formally crippled? What about former amputees?

I have personally met someone who thought they had an ET encounter.

I have read autobiographies of people who had saw and had et encounters.

I have read reports of government and military officials from USA, Britain, Germany,Russia,Mexico,Canada etc. Who have catalogued UFO encounters.

Your own bible, for example provides accounts of ancient man's encounter with beings not of this earth.

Besides, believing in aliens is still a reasonable belief that falls within the realms of what is scientifically probable.

Is is not in the same category with believing in scientifically improbable spontaneous healing of cripples or raising the dead with prayers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:20pm On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:

I have read reports of government and military officials from USA, Britain, Germany,Russia,Mexico,Canada etc. Who have catalogued UFO encounters.

shocked shocked

Huge lie spotted . People have severally accused the governments of these aforementioned countries of hiding "evidences" that there have been encounters with ETs . NASA has also been accused of obscuring encounters of astronauts and aliens .
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:27pm On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:

You're being evasive.

You didn't answer my question.

Do You personally know anyone who has been raised from the dead, formerly blind or formally crippled? What about former amputees?

I have personally been healed through prayers INSTANTLY .

I have personally met someone who thought they had an ET encounter.

I believe you

I have read autobiographies of people who had saw and had et encounters.

You believe those autobiographies of those people but quickly rule out encounters people have had with God and miracles they have witnessed or received ?

Its fun knowing you more

Your own bible, for example provides accounts of ancient man's encounter with beings not of this earth.

Please I need verses , bible quotes lets do this here and now

Besides, believing in aliens is still a reasonable belief that falls within the realms of what is scientifically probable.

Multiverses have been deemed scientifically possible . A creator or intelligent designer has been deemed scientifically possible . Your arguments are actually not against my beliefs as a Christian . We both seem to agree that God exists .

Is is not in the same category with believing in scientifically improbable spontaneous healing of cripples or raising the dead with prayers.

People like Gatiano here on Nairaland have fascinating explanations of how these things work grin . Not that they are believable anyway
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by mcfynest(m): 12:32pm On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:

Atheists?
Satan?
Or themselves?

Its called having a relationship with God.... And listening to His wonders and testimony of what he as done and praising Him in one accord

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Atheists Bother? / What God Cannot Do Does Not Exist! / Big Bang Or God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.